Male HQ

Share your skincare routines!

20 hours ago, Blindleech said:

That sounded complicated. Isn’t that the normal Loren skin care routine? Wont u scared it would damage your skin further?

not sure which part of the routine made you think that my skin will be damage further? But well I believe in professionals advised and your skin are supposed to be taken care of since young so that it will slows down the damage as you age or in another sense making you still look young even after aging for awhile....? and if ever my skin is damaged further, I would be in the hospital few months back? but I guess I'm lucky enough that my products aren't damaging my skin? instead making them better? hahaha but thanks for the concern and advice from, maybe, "random unprofessionals"? =D

Edited by keepitsimplix

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/10/2018 at 2:14 PM, Butterscotch said:

This one sounds potent! I'm planning to get samples of their jeju volcanic pore mask and see if my skin will take to them.

alright update: i finally used my first sample pack and it really is potent, i feel. face really felt exfoliated (you know that feeling after you do your clay mask and your face looks like it has been "stripped" off everything? yeah). i had a minor breakout after using the mask - actually i'm not sure whether it was before or after - so perhaps it's a little too strong. will use it again (i still have a couple of samples left) and monitor.

On 9/5/2018 at 10:04 PM, keepitsimplix said:

not sure which part of the routine made you think that my skin will be damage further? But well I believe in professionals advised and your skin are supposed to be taken care of since young so that it will slows down the damage as you age or in another sense making you still look young even after aging for awhile....? and if ever my skin is damaged further, I would be in the hospital few months back? but I guess I'm lucky enough that my products aren't damaging my skin? instead making them better? hahaha but thanks for the concern and advice from, maybe, "random unprofessionals"? =D

It’s just a random question. U are too defensive. 

14 minutes ago, Butterscotch said:

alright update: i finally used my first sample pack and it really is potent, i feel. face really felt exfoliated (you know that feeling after you do your clay mask and your face looks like it has been "stripped" off everything? yeah). i had a minor breakout after using the mask - actually i'm not sure whether it was before or after - so perhaps it's a little too strong. will use it again (i still have a couple of samples left) and monitor.

I tried the clay mask too. For me, it didn’t work that much. But I would say their green tea serum and toner is really good.

Oh! I'm a avid user of the innisfree volcanic clay mask, the volcanic pore toner and another blue bottle of mens moisturizer (forget the name).

I prev did clay once every week, toner + moist. once every two days. Then weeks I'm lazy I just do a normal paper mask.

Trust + use alot of innisfree cause imo Asian products aren't too strong nor harsh on sensitive skin (or maybemy skin too thick)

Controls breaks out and cleans pores. But pores are still quite visible after a long day of outside Time.

• 2 weeks later...

all the other makeup pages are all locked up..not sure where to ask

Who has faint eyebrows and draw their brows daily here? somebody shared about him "Kai" sometime ago

not sure is the brand he mentioned Talika is

this https://www.talika.com/eye-care/eyebrows/eyebrows/eyebrow-lipocils-ink-brown/11.html? or 

or (but doesnt look like) this https://www.talika.com/eye-care/eyebrows/eyebrows/eyebrow-lipocils-expert/8.html?

dont think they are available over the stores in sg?

he mentioned Kate A too br 2 or br3

(available at watsons) https://www.watsons.com.sg/kate-eyebrow-pencil-a-br-2/p/BP_76572

Received three products from The Ordinary a few days back

1)  The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% serum

2) The Ordinary Caffeine Solution 5% EGCG
3) The Ordinary Retinol 0.2% in squalane

Before using the Niacinamide from Ordinary I was using Glossier's Super Pure serum but

they do not ship to SG and it was expensive so I found out through a friend that the Niacinamide is

similar to the Super Pure  and its cheaper too, texture is a little thicker than Glossier's but 

so far it has been great. My pores are less visible, and my redness is gone. 

Also for the Caffeine solution it was my first time using a product specifically for the eye area

to target my dark eye circles and tired look eye bags and I can say my dark eye circles has 

reduced a little! Will continue using it nightly before I sleep.

As for the retinol I read that it might cause some skin peeling so I'm trying to squeeze in a time to 

use it so that when my skin does peel I'll be at home rather than outside :)

• 1 month later...
On 10/12/2018 at 1:03 PM, -Ignored- said:

all the other makeup pages are all locked up..not sure where to ask

Who has faint eyebrows and draw their brows daily here? somebody shared about him "Kai" sometime ago

not sure is the brand he mentioned Talika is

this https://www.talika.com/eye-care/eyebrows/eyebrows/eyebrow-lipocils-ink-brown/11.html? or 

or (but doesnt look like) this https://www.talika.com/eye-care/eyebrows/eyebrows/eyebrow-lipocils-expert/8.html?

dont think they are available over the stores in sg?

he mentioned Kate A too br 2 or br3

(available at watsons) https://www.watsons.com.sg/kate-eyebrow-pencil-a-br-2/p/BP_76572

have you tried looking in lazada, qoo10, shopee?

• 2 weeks later...

anyone uses (non-supermkt-avail products?) for your body wash/scrub and face wash? like body shop

i think LUSH is really good *body shop lose to them (though bodyshop has a LARGER variety from haircare to nearly everything  , more adventurous  eg even shampoo they have it using banana) 

too good to be true,, right?
https://www.soaplah.com/product-category/liquid-gold-body-wash/

Who use glyco/glycholic acid in your daily/week regiment too? 
https://www.paulaschoice-eu.com/how-does-a-chemical-peel-work

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Does anyone know any good but affordable Vitamin C moisturizer?

I just finished my Body Shop Vitamin C moisturizer and now thinking of trying another brand. 

Also, has anyone has tried Niacid, the acne scar serum? It's really pricey though... :S 

Edited by fallmerees

11 minutes ago, -Ignored- said:

The Body Shop vitamin C is not oily for me though. It's good but just wondering if there are other affordable alternatives.

The Loreal one looks interesting but the active ingredient isn't really Vitamin C. 

Yes, I always use sunscreen as the last step. :)

I have oily skin and I too don't like that "too wet" look haha. Although some people look amazing with dewy skin. Lucky them!

Just now, fallmerees said:

The Body Shop vitamin C is not oily for me though. It's good but just wondering if there are other affordable alternatives.

The best one I have found recently is Melano CC from Hada LAbo (Rohto Company)

It is the purest concentration of Ascorbic Acid I can find at below $20, and the Japanese really designed the product well. The tube is opaque metallic to protect it from sun damage, and the tip also dispenses the drops without letting air into the tube, so the Vitamin C is kept stable from oxidisation. 

You can use it for spot treatment, to lighten old or dark acne scars. Or overall the face as a serum. Considering the price point, I use it all over and sometimes it can sting if freshly shaven.

One tube lasts a long time too, about 2 months with daily use. And it is a skinny tube, so really easy to travel with. I pop it into my pocket to refresh after long plain rides, and also it fortifies your sunscreen if you layer it, giving it extra sun protection, prevents melanin aka tanning. 

melano-cc-essence_01550712183.png

🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑

8 minutes ago, tomcat said:

The best one I have found recently is Melano CC from Hada LAbo (Rohto Company)

It is the purest concentration of Ascorbic Acid I can find at below $20, and the Japanese really designed the product well. The tube is opaque metallic to protect it from sun damage, and the tip also dispenses the drops without letting air into the tube, so the Vitamin C is kept stable from oxidisation. 

You can use it for spot treatment, to lighten old or dark acne scars. Or overall the face as a serum. Considering the price point, I use it all over and sometimes it can sting if freshly shaven.

One tube lasts a long time too, about 2 months with daily use. And it is a skinny tube, so really easy to travel with. I pop it into my pocket to refresh after long plain rides, and also it fortifies your sunscreen if you layer it, giving it extra sun protection, prevents melanin aka tanning. 

melano-cc-essence_01550712183.png

Omgosh I've heard about Melano CC! But it's used as a serum, right? 

Will definitely check it out! Thank you!!!

6 minutes ago, -Ignored- said:

same here i felt dewy too .
the loreal-men-expert-hydra-energetic-moisturizing-fluid-50-ml (not intense?) Infused with Taurine and Vitamin C, this ultra-lightweight moisurizing fluid: - Intensely hydrates skin all day - Detoxify and brighten skin - Intensely reboosts cells' renewal process to reduce signs of fatigue?

Tc, 
cc cream or bb cream is not for moisturizing mainly
he needs it moisturizing

Haha yes, I need a Vitamin C moisturizer too!

I'm totally obsessed over Vitamin C lately especially when you have really bad skin like mine haha

6 minutes ago, -Ignored- said:

noted but how would a CC cream served mainly as a real gd serum? 
CC cream is just like makeup (need to wash away) or more of a spot corrector https://www.ratzillacosme.com/skin/melano-cc-anti-spot-moisture-cream/

things that r good are like masks or serums tht u can sleep with it 

i bought a cc cream (or is it bb)lately overseas , i dont even dare to use it for once (dont ask why then do i purchase it esp i dont have spots or skin issues) - the moment i see anything that is wearing as a makeup/corrector,  i felt heavy and indirectly wearing down the skin

Just did a quick research and despite its name, Melano CC is not a CC cream. It's actually essence/serum. 

So I guess you can use it after toner/before moisturizer :)

Tbh I'm excited to get this. But I'm also in need of a good Vitamin C moisturizer!  Haha 

Having bad skin sucks... giphy.gif 

24 minutes ago, -Ignored- said:

noted but how would a CC cream served mainly as a real gd serum? 

30 minutes ago, fallmerees said:

Omgosh I've heard about Melano CC! But it's used as a serum, right? 

Will definitely check it out! Thank you!!

Yup, it's not a CC cream. I don't use CC, BB or makeup. Everyday, it's just bare face with sunscreen just that recently, incorporated this Melano CC underneath my suncreen for more protection.

Nightly as well, after that 1 water essence, followed by 1 facial oil. I don't really like moisturisers anymore, prefer facial oils, those good quality ones do the job and absorb faster than moisturisers. 

My skin is acne-prone sometimes, but it is also combination. Dryer on top layer, more sebum in the deeper layers. So as long as I keep the top skin barrier happy and healthy, with just the right amount of hydration, my skin behaves. If too much rich creams or moisturisers, I get pimples too.

🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑

22 minutes ago, tomcat said:

Yup, it's not a CC cream. I don't use CC, BB or makeup. Everyday, it's just bare face with sunscreen just that recently, incorporated this Melano CC underneath my suncreen for more protection.

Nightly as well, after that 1 water essence, followed by 1 facial oil. I don't really like moisturisers anymore, prefer facial oils, those good quality ones do the job and absorb faster than moisturisers. 

My skin is acne-prone sometimes, but it is also combination. Dryer on top layer, more sebum in the deeper layers. So as long as I keep the top skin barrier happy and healthy, with just the right amount of hydration, my skin behaves. If too much rich creams or moisturisers, I get pimples too.

Oh facial oils! What kinds do you use? 

For me I'm more into gel moisturizers since I have oily skin haha but I'm open to trying new things! 

2 minutes ago, fallmerees said:

Oh facial oils! What kinds do you use? 

For me I'm more into gel moisturizers since I have oily skin haha but I'm open to trying new things! 

Used a few types over the years. Kiehl's Midnight Recovery is good but a bit pricey.

Gamilla brand range is also good, but hard to find.

If your skin is not sensitive, these days even raw coldpressed organic oils, from health shops are good enough. Argan Oil, Marula Oil, Tea Tree Oil. It definitely takes a prescriptive approach though, and the brand is no longer as important, as much as the extraction, refinement processes. 

This is a good article that talks about various face oils, functions & suitability. 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/nomanazish/2018/04/26/the-best-facial-oils-for-every-skin-type-and-why-you-should-start-using-one-asap/#6ec02d765a41

🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑

9 minutes ago, tomcat said:

Used a few types over the years. Kiehl's Midnight Recovery is good but a bit pricey.

Gamilla brand range is also good, but hard to find.

If your skin is not sensitive, these days even raw coldpressed organic oils, from health shops are good enough. Argan Oil, Marula Oil, Tea Tree Oil. It definitely takes a prescriptive approach though, and the brand is no longer as important, as much as the extraction, refinement processes. 

This is a good article that talks about various face oils, functions & suitability. 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/nomanazish/2018/04/26/the-best-facial-oils-for-every-skin-type-and-why-you-should-start-using-one-asap/#6ec02d765a41

I've heard great things about Marula oil! Will definitely check it out! Thank you!  :)

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, fallmerees said:

Anyone knows a good skin / chemical exfoliant for the skin and body?

I'm trying to get rid of my scars T_T

Try these 

https://www.verywellhealth.com/best-scar-creams-4586851

https://performanceskin.com/best-scar-cream/

1 minute ago, Kimochi said:

Have you tried any of these?

1 minute ago, fallmerees said:

Have you tried any of these?

Used dermatics ultra myself. (Think I bought from guardians or Watson) You need daily apply consistently. Best is apply after shower. Results can see after around a month. 

Edited by Kimochi

2 minutes ago, Kimochi said:

Used dermatics myself. You need daily apply consistently. Best is apply after shower. Results can see after around a month. 

Which one is dermatics?

4 minutes ago, Kimochi said:

Ah Dermatix...

Oh cool! It might help my ugly keloids!

Damn but it's kinda ex. No more Starbucks for the next couple of weeks for me!

THANK YOU! :) 

6 minutes ago, Since u r here said:

wow!! must try!! after one mth willl post back here

Haha what scar you have? 

Remember just apply daily after shower best (softened skin )

https://dailyvanity.sg/beauty-reviews/best-scar-reducing-products-bio-oil-mederma-remescar-dermatix/

Edited by Kimochi

29 minutes ago, Since u r here said:

all boys and men surely have some scars and i tend to have sensitive skins, been developing keloids since young  like what Fallmeres have ....(some kept thinking i have HIV or STDs) just because of that
they dont even know what exactly will Hiv or STD formed on skin, keloids are keloids 

but some area not reachable woh, no1 to help me to apply!!! :( 

U too have experience?

I used it personally ~ 😊

6 minutes ago, Since u r here said:

It is so expensive for a small tube!!! More than 80sgd after discounts

Wtf where you buy from? Last I bought was only around 54 sgd

9 hours ago, Since u r here said:

It is so expensive for a small tube!!! More than 80sgd after discounts

Try getting it on Qoo10.

1 hour ago, Since u r here said:

will it be much cheaper than Guardian loh, can Kimochi tell me where u get it?
even if it is watsons or Guardian, it shdnt be a large disparity in pricing

i nearly fainted and ran out of the shop, maybe i didnt know that mkt price has been 50$
can anyone tell me how much would brands like Bio Oil cost?
i dont even dare to shop and i ran out immed
Would getting it at a Polyclinic cheaper?

Have you tried checking Qoo10?

6 hours ago, Since u r here said:

will it be much cheaper than Guardian loh, can Kimochi tell me where u get it?
even if it is watsons or Guardian, it shdnt be a large disparity in pricing

i nearly fainted and ran out of the shop, maybe i didnt know that mkt price has been 50$
can anyone tell me how much would brands like Bio Oil cost?
i dont even dare to shop and i ran out immed
Would getting it at a Polyclinic cheaper?

Last time bought over think guardian at Suntec 

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/11/2020 at 10:17 PM, fallmerees said:

Anyone has a favorite spot-treatment product that works? 

I have a huge zit on my cheekbone :( 

In my early teens, I used to use 3M nexcare acne patches, it always absorbed all the contents inside as the zit flattened out the next day. 😁 

Currently in my early 20s, tea tree oil works pretty fine for my subdued acne skin. You can try Bioessence snail repair serum for acne prone skin, it worked wonders on me for a product in its price range. 👍🏼

6 hours ago, Newbiegayguy said:

In my early teens, I used to use 3M nexcare acne patches, it always absorbed all the contents inside as the zit flattened out the next day. 😁 

Currently in my early 20s, tea tree oil works pretty fine for my subdued acne skin. You can try Bioessence snail repair serum for acne prone skin, it worked wonders on me for a product in its price range. 👍🏼

I tried COSRX pimple patch on the stubborn zit but it didn’t calm down sadly haha. Im using an over the counter pimple cream for the past two weeks. It’s gotten much smaller now but sadly I’m left with marks :(((

oh I’ll check the snail repair serum out!

thank you! 💗

9 hours ago, fallmerees said:

I tried COSRX pimple patch on the stubborn zit but it didn’t calm down sadly haha. Im using an over the counter pimple cream for the past two weeks. It’s gotten much smaller now but sadly I’m left with marks :(((

oh I’ll check the snail repair serum out!

thank you! 💗

Did you steam or open your pores with a hot shower for a while first? I find the patches quite effective on 'cooked' and ready to burst type. Sometimes I use a really thin needle to puncture a small thin hole, if you have acupuncture type needle is best, make sure sterilise it first, ensure site is dry then immediately paste the patch.

33 minutes ago, axelrod said:

Did you steam or open your pores with a hot shower for a while first? I find the patches quite effective on 'cooked' and ready to burst type. Sometimes I use a really thin needle to puncture a small thin hole, if you have acupuncture type needle is best, make sure sterilise it first, ensure site is dry then immediately paste the patch.

Ah I didn't steam it before using the patch. Usually the patches would work for me without even steaming my face. 

This zit was very angry and stubborn. It made my cheekbone look like it's protruding lol.

I did try steaming my face a few days later tho. I tried to use a needle but chickened out. Plus, it wasn't the acupuncture type haha. 

UGH acne suuuucks. T_T 

Not really sure about this, but i remember a skincare video on youtube mentioned that post-acne scar is actually 'fixable' by applying repair serum/mask the next few days after the pimple popped 😀 you can give it a try though! 😉 i also find Drops of Youth serum from the Body Shop quite effective in this case

Double cleansing.

1.Toner

2.Eye Cream

3. Booster Serum

4. Cream 

5. Sun block ( Day Time)

my skincare routine change/adjust accordingly to the weather, as I travel on monthly basics. 
hence I had a separate skincare routine 

I visit doctor regularly on quarterly basics to get my cell collagen blaster injection.

Contact |  012 4173134  

9 minutes ago, Newbiegayguy said:

Not really sure about this, but i remember a skincare video on youtube mentioned that post-acne scar is actually 'fixable' by applying repair serum/mask the next few days after the pimple popped 😀 you can give it a try though! 😉 i also find Drops of Youth serum from the Body Shop quite effective in this case

Oh! I'll give that serum a try! Thank you! :) ❤️

4 hours ago, fallmerees said:

Ah I didn't steam it before using the patch. Usually the patches would work for me without even steaming my face. 

This zit was very angry and stubborn. It made my cheekbone look like it's protruding lol.

I did try steaming my face a few days later tho. I tried to use a needle but chickened out. Plus, it wasn't the acupuncture type haha. 

UGH acne suuuucks. T_T 

oh hunty, use more hydrating mask la

Contact |  012 4173134  

5 minutes ago, SensualMassage_T said:

Double cleansing.

1.Toner

2.Eye Cream

3. Booster Serum

4. Cream 

5. Sun block ( Day Time)

my skincare routine change/adjust accordingly to the weather, as I travel on monthly basics. 
hence I had a separate skincare routine 

I visit doctor regularly on quarterly basics to get my cell collagen blaster injection.

What skin type do you have? 

Oh cool that you see a doctor for that. 

I wish I could afford an esthetician tbh haha 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Anyone knows any good The Ordinary's AHA/BHA alternatives. I know Inkey List is one of them.

The Ordinary's AHA/BHA  is always out of stock and resellers are selling them at really unreasonably high prices :S

I wanna try Paula's Choice but it's not within my budget 😅.

Having said that, anyone also knows any good chemical exfoliants? 

58 minutes ago, fallmerees said:

Anyone knows any good The Ordinary's AHA/BHA alternatives. I know Inkey List is one of them.

The Ordinary's AHA/BHA  is always out of stock and resellers are selling them at really unreasonably high prices :S

I wanna try Paula's Choice but it's not within my budget 😅.

Having said that, anyone also knows any good chemical exfoliants? 

Pixi's Glow Tonic