Male HQ

Will you go pinkdot if you have nothing on that day?

Guest Blank

Guest Blank

Just wondering because most who go pinkdot are usually first timer or singles?

P. S. I've been to the event 3-4times and even went with my bf's straight friends last year :wub: a 

Em.. I only went to pinkdot twice. First was years ago when it just started. Last was with my ex 2years ago. Honestly if my ex didn't ask me to go with him, i won't want to go.. 

Why i won't GO? Cause I'm too lazy, it's hot (the weather), i don't like to squeeze with people, don't like to interact. Hate to meet acquaintance that I've only met once and came to hug me as if we are best friends.

Why people like my ex GO? Basically he support pinkdot that's why he want to go. He is a social butterfly. That's all. Maybe got more reason for him to want to go but idk. 

Lets hear from more people on whether will they go or not.

1 hour ago, Summerbitch said:

Em.. I only went to pinkdot twice. First was years ago when it just started. Last was with my ex 2years ago. Honestly if my ex didn't ask me to go with him, i won't want to go.. 

Why i won't GO? Cause I'm too lazy, it's hot (the weather), i don't like to squeeze with people, don't like to interact. Hate to meet acquaintance that I've only met once and came to hug me as if we are best friends.

Why people like my ex GO? Basically he support pinkdot that's why he want to go. He is a social butterfly. That's all. Maybe got more reason for him to want to go but idk. 

Lets hear from more people on whether will they go or not.

I know someone who had quickie with a stranger at the toilet when he went to the pool with his bf.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

1 hour ago, Guest Guest said:

If alone, no friends or bf, go there for what?

True.  It made you more lonely.  Everyone talking and embracing while you just standing and watching. 

Don't read and response to guests' post

No personal attack allowed.

Think of it this way... if you are to participate in the office's Christmas present exchange, would you 

- sorry lah, I'm not interested

- do it because everyone is doing it

- get very excited to find the perfect present with the budget stipulated.

To me, PinkDot is the annual event to participate with excitement.

Man or man-less, who say you cannot enjoy the celebration alone?

Days before, you could see H & M, Uniqlo, Cotton On, Gordiano, Zara throng by gay, straights-alike

On the actual day itself, I would start by making a sinful concoction of BANDUNG - with extra condensed milk.  

I will freeze 2 large Tupperware bottles for at least 5 hours to bring them to the event. 

I usually arrive at about 3 pm and start making my picnic routine - laying out the mat, placing the various freezer bags of food, drinks, cold microfibre towels and most importantly, chope-ing a strategic location just in front of the stage/in the shade. 

Last year my localised-AMDK friend made his debut at the event.  He enjoyed it despite the stricter restrictions.  He was totally agreeable with the ID and bag check.  You can never get too safe and complacent.  

If I must add, go and if you are alone, just jump over to my poncho and share my food and drinks!

Guest Tonychen

For those who like to be seen. They know there are cameras everywhere . Those who like PDA . They who like to show off their boyfriends. 

Guest Guest
1 hour ago, LeanMature said:

True.  It made you more lonely.  Everyone talking and embracing while you just standing and watching. 

True. No point going if alone.

Guest Guest

I was so dissapointed. No unbrella provided to protect from rain and sun. No free bottled water provided. No transport provided. No free goodie bag.

For a national event, I think must be better org than the one I went. The government as usual do not know how to org an event.

Guest Guest
32 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

I was so dissapointed. No unbrella provided to protect from rain and sun. No free bottled water provided. No transport provided. No free goodie bag.

For a national event, I think must be better org than the one I went. The government as usual do not know how to org an event.

Pinkdot is not a national event and it is not organized by government.

Guest Silence is Golden

Every year this time, we always have people starting a thread and giving reason not to go, directly or indirectly.  This year, unfortunately, no exception again.  I wonder that is the motive behind a thread like this? 

3 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

起火 (qi-huo) means getting flamed with such post (regardless of what is the sender/poster)

KNN (in Hokkien)

吊 (in Cantonese)..

臭姑娘 (in Mandarin)

were some of the very useful vulgar slangs I last heard frequently during my army days 40 years ago.

I have to use them on such "Princess-y" attitude.

You certainly have not been there - ample water bottles and some light snacks are provided.

With regards to the umbrella, you can definitely place your foldable light-weight umbrella in your backpack.

Transport.... you think you are Kim Jong Un? 

Do you think the government should you the over-estimated amount of $3.2 million on you?

Image result for kim jong un car entourage in singapore

Wake up, bloody bitch!

On a serious note, there is this exit at Clarke Quay MRT which leads you directly to the Park.  

After the original post, I have to reassure forum users that I used that right pronoun...what instead of who.

That thing is not worth to be classified as a human.

Edited by abang

Guest Guest
1 hour ago, abang said:

起火 (qi-huo) means getting flamed with such post (regardless of what is the sender/poster)

KNN (in Hokkien)

吊 (in Cantonese)..

臭姑娘 (in Mandarin)

were some of the very useful vulgar slangs I last heard frequently during my army days 40 years ago.

I have to use them on such "Princess-y" attitude.

You certainly have not been there - ample water bottles and some light snacks are provided.

With regards to the umbrella, you can definitely place your foldable light-weight umbrella in your backpack.

Transport.... you think you are Kim Jong Un? 

Do you think the government should you the over-estimated amount of $3.2 million on you?

Image result for kim jong un car entourage in singapore

Wake up, bloody bitch!

On a serious note, there is this exit at Clarke Quay MRT which leads you directly to the Park.  

After the original post, I have to reassure forum users that I used that right pronoun...what instead of who.

That thing is not worth to be classified as a human.

Why are you so bitchy?? Cant I make a comment? You this type of person think you are better than others! 

I may not win Ms. Manners.

I do not know you personally but just from your post, you deserve a second SLAP from me for making false accusations.

I do want to hear constructive comments but whatever came out of that smelly hole of yours was purely destructive and full of degradation. 

Image result for a man giving another man a slap gif

It is time to add value into your life by smelling the fragrances that life provides.  Otherwise, you could be lamenting over lost opportunities.

Image result for smelling flowers gif

5 minutes ago, LeanMature said:

Going doesn't mean you are gay. 

Not when ppl around u r already suspicious.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

Guest Say that again?
4 hours ago, Guest iamgay said:

NOT GOING because i cannot let people (family, relatives, friends & colleagues) know that i'm gay

If you are still living under your parents' roof and financial help, I would probably agree with you.  If you are a grown up, independent and staying alone able to take care of yourself, your fear makes no sense.

Guest Blank
3 hours ago, Guest Silence is Golden said:

Every year this time, we always have people starting a thread and giving reason not to go, directly or indirectly.  This year, unfortunately, no exception again.  I wonder that is the motive behind a thread like this? 

I started the thread because I'm going to support this event for us gays. If we don't even support ourselves, you expect straights to support gay marriage in future? I have no motive, believe it or not. I assume you're not going? 

2 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

when is pinkdot? I saw hong lim park now under renovation, still can hold pinkdot there?

7jul. Not sure where will it be held. Anyone knows? 

55 minutes ago, Coopz said:

no friends to go with but curious. anyone want go together? 

Try knowing friends in this forum. You still have a month to know more friends 

Guest Guest
1 hour ago, abang said:

I may not win Ms. Manners.

I do not know you personally but just from your post, you deserve a second SLAP from me for making false accusations.

I do want to hear constructive comments but whatever came out of that smelly hole of yours was purely destructive and full of degradation. 

Image result for a man giving another man a slap gif

It is time to add value into your life by smelling the fragrances that life provides.  Otherwise, you could be lamenting over lost opportunities.

Image result for smelling flowers gif

False accusations? You called a stranger 'wake up, bloody bitch'. You base your assumptions on a total stranger. I did not judge you until then but from what You wrote, you are indeed a judgemental bitch.

I have been to Pink Dot approx. 3 times - mostly in its earlier years. Theoretically I would like to support as much as I can.

But in reality, a combination of busy working lives and finally getting a rest day + heat + jam-packed crowd + forget to start asking friends and definitely do not want to be there solo + not seeing much impact after participating years, I have stopped visiting a few years now.

I wouldn't mind going again if the stars align though.

Edited by derryfawne

“Do not take life too seriously. You’ll never get out of it alive.” — Elbert Hubbard

Guest Guest
11 hours ago, Rhyn said:

Definitely! With or without my partner, friends in cliques or not, I'll attend even if it's for a short period. 

Pink Dot is a yearly event that's an actual safe social space for everyone to be themselves comfortably and naturally, even if it's just for a day. It's something worth treasuring, fighting and educating for. 

Now, i won't go madman like this one :P

But! I will wear these products that look stylish AND supports LGBT causes as well.

Under Armour Pride Shoes

Image may contain: shoes

Apple Watch Pride Strap

Image result for apple watch pride strap

Abercrombie and Fitch Socks

product image

Nice accessories. I like the shoe.

Guest Guest
24 minutes ago, CumdrinkNgo said:

is it true its only for locals ?

Foreigners will be arrested if participate?

Is like like Tokyo Pride and other Pride parades ?

And caned 1900stokes and jailed for 100 years.

23 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

And caned 1900stokes and jailed for 100 years.

I was planning to go, but some one me this below, cautioned my EP be cancelled too. :( sad and Scary to be here.

Does this mean wearing rainbow or pink-related on that day will be persecuted?

SINGAPORE: Only Singaporeans and permanent residents (PRs) will be allowed to attend this year’s Pink Dot, the annual rally held in support of the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender community, the event’s organisers said .

So foreigners will not be allowed ?

No. Under changes to the Public Order Act (in November 2016), ONLY Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents are permitted to assemble at the Speakers’ Corner. In previous Pink Dot events before the amendments to the law, foreigners were allowed to observe but not participate.

As organisers, we were reminded by the Singapore Police Force that with these changes, the law no longer distinguishes between participants and observers, and regards anyone who turns up to the Speakers’ Corner in support of an event to be part of an assembly. In order to continue using Speakers’ Corner, Pink Dot  organisers have no choice but to adhere to this regulation, as organisers and foreigners caught flouting this rule are liable to be prosecuted.

Edited by CumdrinkNgo

Guest Guest

Most likely will be cleaning house and go ntuc thomson..so will be busy and not going..also no time to dress up, glitter hair, paint nails or take selfie.

Guest Guest
1 hour ago, CumdrinkNgo said:

on this day, will they check all sauna and gay places for non singaporeans ?

Yes...if there is a raid, gays will be strip naked, chained and paraded down the street.

Guest Go lah!

I want to go and find an Ang Mo bf at pinkdot.  If not now, than when will we get to have event like this with free "buffet" for pick.

1 hour ago, Guest Go lah! said:

I want to go and find an Ang Mo bf at pinkdot.  If not now, than when will we get to have event like this with free "buffet" for pick.

Angmo Singaporean or angmo PR ?

Don't read and response to guests' post

6 hours ago, CumdrinkNgo said:

I was planning to go, but some one me this below, cautioned my EP be cancelled too. :( sad and Scary to be here.

Does this mean wearing rainbow or pink-related on that day will be persecuted?

SINGAPORE: Only Singaporeans and permanent residents (PRs) will be allowed to attend this year’s Pink Dot, the annual rally held in support of the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender community, the event’s organisers said .

What a sad sad country to still have rules like this in 2018!

Honestly, I just use Pinkdot as an excuse to meet my friends to hang out tgt. But I don't think I'll be participating this year. Its getting a little crowded. Good to know that there are more supporters but they refuse to expand the event area so its like suffocating yourself in there. So i guess its a no to your question XD

Guest Go lah!
1 hour ago, LeanMature said:

Angmo Singaporean or angmo PR ?

Also never lost sight of those foreign Ang Mo loitering nearby the forbidden spot.   Being single, got lots of opportunity to be picked up because people know you are available and not attached.  If you go with bf, the chance of you getting hooked is low.  My best friend found his "White Knight" at the pink dot many years ago and their relationship remains strong till today.  So every year I went with hope and anxiety,  it could be my turn to find someone there.  You just never know right? 

How I wish that this is an indoor event in air con environment. I’m sure more will be interested to go.

• G_M changed the title to Will you go pinkdot if you have nothing on that day?
  • G_M featured and locked this topic