Male HQ

What's your worst experience with insurance agents?

Guest Teehee

Guest Teehee

Be it at a mrt station, shopping mall or even a pasar malam, what has your worst experience been with insurance agents so far? And how did you deal with it?

Guest Walky
32 minutes ago, Guest Teehee said:

Be it at a mrt station, shopping mall or even a pasar malam, what has your worst experience been with insurance agents so far? And how did you deal with it?

Say "No" and continue to walk away. . Do not stop walking and also try not to be rude. (especially if they are local)  They are trying to make a living in this harsh world too.

36 minutes ago, Guest DidymuzTT 87882033 said:

Actually some insurance agent can be open minded if they want to meet target. I have met quite a few and for the premium I pay for personal, car and home insurance, good to have other services included.:P

does limit to insurance agent even property agent too !

asking to close deal on condo - unlimited favour but i decline due to business and pleasure dun mix together even he is hot and sexy.

ever encounter insurance agent for endw product, maybe i m his type so he dun mind to service me except the product do not suit me.

30 minutes ago, Firday said:

does limit to insurance agent even property agenttoo !

ever encounter insurance agent for endw product, maybe i m his type so he dun mind to service me except the product do not suit me.

Can you please rewrite these 2 sentences - I totally catch no ball leh!

What if... What if the one that approaches you looks really good, has an awesome smile, a fit body and smells great... Will your experiences still be as negative? 

Then again years ago I got to know an insurance agent, befriended him and went to his crazy gatherings in his tiny home. Got to know loads of weird guys... He constantly bugged me to increase my premiums and I wasn't able to do so at that time because, well, my salary was damn low. But he didn't seem to understand. After a while, I decided to cut him off and go with another agent. 

- was shocked to find insurance guys on Grindr. told him it's kinda weird to find this kind of ppl on the app since we all know what the app is for, had a good laugh about it... Then he asked me whether I'm up for fun? lol. we didn't do it in the end.

- i had insurance ppl literally chasing me from outside the train station to the mall just for them to upsell when i clearly showed no interest/rushing to meet a friend etc. But nowadays easy for them to 'fish' ppl, they have someone wearing casual clothes asking you to do a short survey, bring you to those fast food places (outdoor seating/ indoor seating) and turns out to be those insurance agents too.

No matter how good looking you are, i know you are doing your job but respect other's decisions whenever they declined your offer. major pet peeve in Singapore. Sometimes people are not rude, just that it gets annoying when you keep chasing them.

1 hour ago, PL4Y said:

- was shocked to find insurance guys on Grindr. told him it's kinda weird to find this kind of ppl on the app since we all know what the app is for, had a good laugh about it... Then he asked me whether I'm up for fun? lol. we didn't do it in the end.

I would be surprised for that if it's 20 years ago (well maybe 15 years ago when internet started booming)... But given today's time, I won't be, since LGBT folks can be found almost any industry now.

Anyway I would usually say that I had enough insurance at hand now.

#anotheroutofpoint - if you have some multiple insurance, you may probably not paid a lot for your taxes, I guess.

For cases where people stop me for things like monthly donations for WWF or cancer, I would usually say I don't have any budget, and will need to check what your company does (i.e. whether it's legal for them to ask donations etc).

Will you be my valentine's? :D

2 minutes ago, sum1outhere_03 said:

I would be surprised for that if it's 20 years ago (well maybe 15 years ago when internet started booming)... But given today's time, I won't be, since LGBT folks can be found almost any industry now.

No, I'm only surprised cause his profile is clearly stating all the Insurance FAQs... Out of many faceless/headless shirtless pics... Suddenly pop out one guy called "Insurance" :lol:

I don't have any complaints to my Great Eastern agent, she's a lady and had been taking care of my account since 2008.

The only thing I don't like is she doesn't call me on my birthday :-)

I'm really turned-on if both heads (the head above and the head below) are both functioning well

https://asianguysgonewild.newtumbl.com

https://linktr.ee/riverrobles  

WQPofyr.jpg

Guest Guest

Once my friend set up an appointment with his agent as he claimed he was professional and well versed in insurence and will only recommend me products I need. I agreed to the meeting.

I was egerly awaiting the agents arrival as I finally had the chance for my future medical expenses and retirement funds secure since the government do not care or had plans in place for me in my golden years.

My great anticipation turn to horror when this plump oilyblooking blob approach me. My heart sank into the abyss...all the while while he was talking, i was seeing the disgusting sight of his double chin and fats wobblying like jelly.

How can AIA allow such a man to represent them? I mean, he is fat and disgisting, this is what is wrong with the insurence industry where they become lazy and fat just to fatten up their wallets.

I was so disgusted and almost threw up that I stop the meeting. I told him that he must be professional and look professional and not look like a slob. I demanded a apology from him as he wasted my time.

I had feedback to AIA on this incident and demanded a sincere apology till now AIA had yet to reply.

My experience with GE was good. This ageny was young, about 26/27years old. Clean cut, well groomed, dressed in a fitted crisp white shirt and fitted biz pants. He also had good height 1.80m and a muscular frame. Best part he had dimples when he smile. And a overall tan body. He represented GE very well. I encouraged him by promising to buy another huge policy if he can add another 2kg of muscles in his frame as an encouragment. After end of meeting, i signed a huge policy from him that will cost me $50 a month. He was wo gratefull for this opportunity to serve me.

It was introduced by a good friend of mine. I hasn't gotten sufficient coverage and this agent happened to be starting out too. So I kind of place all eggs in one nest -  let him handle. He made this promise: that he will be there, always. I also introduced quite a number of friends to him.

When his business grew, he had no time for small "investor" like me. I also realized he had actually sold me a product of higher premium but less coverage. I decided to make the switch to my army pal and its been more than 15 years. 

To all salesperson out there: Do NOT make empty promises and be truthful.

Guest 饭冰冰
7 hours ago, Guest 脏子姨 said:

I was drunk and woke up with my legs wide open....

....... a folder containing your insurance policy was inserted inside your 汐芘

7 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Once my friend set up an appointment with his agent as he claimed he was professional and well versed in insurence and will only recommend me products I need. I agreed to the meeting.

I was egerly awaiting the agents arrival as I finally had the chance for my future medical expenses and retirement funds secure since the government do not care or had plans in place for me in my golden years.

My great anticipation turn to horror when this plump oilyblooking blob approach me. My heart sank into the abyss...all the while while he was talking, i was seeing the disgusting sight of his double chin and fats wobblying like jelly.

How can AIA allow such a man to represent them? I mean, he is fat and disgisting, this is what is wrong with the insurence industry where they become lazy and fat just to fatten up their wallets.

I was so disgusted and almost threw up that I stop the meeting. I told him that he must be professional and look professional and not look like a slob. I demanded a apology from him as he wasted my time.

I had feedback to AIA on this incident and demanded a sincere apology till now AIA had yet to reply.

My experience with GE was good. This ageny was young, about 26/27years old. Clean cut, well groomed, dressed in a fitted crisp white shirt and fitted biz pants. He also had good height 1.80m and a muscular frame. Best part he had dimples when he smile. And a overall tan body. He represented GE very well. I encouraged him by promising to buy another huge policy if he can add another 2kg of muscles in his frame as an encouragment. After end of meeting, i signed a huge policy from him that will cost me $50 a month. He was wo gratefull for this opportunity to serve me.

:blink:

Edited by pusheenpika

Guest Trollll
7 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

I hope this is a troll.

8 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

U are buying insurance, not buying a Boyfriend. 

Demand an apology from him? Demand an apology from AIA? Hahaha.

So can I demand an apology from you for wasting 5 mins of my life reading ur trash?

Guest Guest
On 7/16/2018 at 2:50 PM, Guest Guest said:

For goodness sake stop creating such story to gain attention! 

My previous Insurance Agent was a former platoon mate. After signing up with him, he subsequently resigned n left the industry. He had this enormous guilt attached as he had let down many of his clients during the financial meltdown of 2007-2008. It was pretty abrupt with just an email. Never saw him again though.

Guest Guest
23 hours ago, kaze said:

600 bucks a year is peanuts. one simple policy from me cost 200 a month. your policy cost 50 bucks a month and it's call huge policy? I get it.. u're being a clown and telling us a joke.

$50 a month is a hugr amount of money. You are very rich which you can afford to spend $200a month on insurence. Please be aware that most singaporeans are not as rich as you we are a hard working but our salaries are very little due to many FTs in sg. Every singaporeans are struggling to make ends meet. Singaporeans are suffering everyday from enomous stress and constant pressure for money....money not to spend on expensive food but pressure for money to survive living in this very expensive country 

So do not mock the $50 a month for insurence which I can feed a family for a week. $50 i can buy 16bpacks of food to last 16 meals! Do not call a hard working Singaporean a clown. You must either be an elite who lost touch with regular true blues, an FT or a supporter of the whites.

Guest Guest
54 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

$50 a month is a hugr amount of money. You are very rich which you can afford to spend $200a month on insurence. Please be aware that most singaporeans are not as rich as you we are a hard working but our salaries are very little due to many FTs in sg. Every singaporeans are struggling to make ends meet. Singaporeans are suffering everyday from enomous stress and constant pressure for money....money not to spend on expensive food but pressure for money to survive living in this very expensive country 

So do not mock the $50 a month for insurence which I can feed a family for a week. $50 i can buy 16bpacks of food to last 16 meals! Do not call a hard working Singaporean a clown. You must either be an elite who lost touch with regular true blues, an FT or a supporter of the whites.

With your pathetic salary and only earning enough to afford $50 a month, you deserve the "fat and sloppy" insurance agent. The handsome agents are only for more worthy clients such as intellectual and talented high earning individuals. 

1 hour ago, Guest Guest said:

yaya.. I'm local Singaporean who happens to be in the middle income group. monthly salary not over 4k.. I'm paying my own bills and meals and I still commit 20% of my salary for insurance, hospitalization and retirement policies..

what i dislike isn't you being poor as you self proclaim. what i dislike is 3 things

1) your attitude. give peanuts and expect heavenly treatment.

2) professionalism is not judged by a person's physique. it's a person's conduct, knowledge and attitude that defines professionalism.

3) your disrespect to people displayed in sexually objectifying others.

lastly, what you need from financial planners are their ability to plan your portfolio, assess your risks level, how they manage it at a level where it's possible for your level of income and lastly, them being there when you need them to be ie making claims.

2 words for you - grow up.

Guest Guest
10 minutes ago, kaze said:

yaya.. I'm local Singaporean who happens to be in the middle income group. monthly salary not over 4k.. I'm paying my own bills and meals and I still commit 20% of my salary for insurance, hospitalization and retirement policies..

what i dislike isn't you being poor as you self proclaim. what i dislike is 3 things

1) your attitude. give peanuts and expect heavenly treatment.

2) professionalism is not judged by a person's physique. it's a person's conduct, knowledge and attitude that defines professionalism.

3) your disrespect to people displayed in sexually objectifying others.

lastly, what you need from financial planners are their ability to plan your portfolio, assess your risks level, how they manage it at a level where it's possible for your level of income and lastly, them being there when you need them to be ie making claims.

2 words for you - grow up.

Well, most singaporeans are not earning such high salary as you. You are the rare few lucky ones.

Image is everything. Insurance agents are selling us products that will enhance our health. Image is important, will you want a doctor who smokes advise you on health? 

Do not look down on people who earn regular wage. We singaporeans are struggling and have alot of stress and we do not need you to add more troubles.

10 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

Well, most singaporeans are not earning such high salary as you. You are the rare few lucky ones.

Image is everything. Insurance agents are selling us products that will enhance our health. Image is important, will you want a doctor who smokes advise you on health? 

Do not look down on people who earn regular wage. We singaporeans are struggling and have alot of stress and we do not need you to add more troubles.

I can't help a blind person who fail to see "what i dislike isn't you being poor as you self proclaim". I listed it clearly already.

I also can't help a person who can't see the flaws in his thinking.

insurance policies can enhance your health. this is another joke. insurance policies enhances your security. it safeguard your interests in the event where your health is affected adversely. it doesn't make you healthier.

of all the things you said, one thing that is true - sex appeal do sell. but financial planners are not selling you their sex appeals, instead they are selling you their professionalism. so don't treat them as sex objects.

lastly, don't lump the general Singapore population with you cuz I'm sure they are not as superficial and shallow as you are.

to end, I most definitely agree with you on 1 point - I don't want to add to your trouble cuz our level of maturity isn't on the same level. It's very troubling for you to handle concepts that you can't understand. Neither do I want to lower myself to your level of thinking cuz I know a fact - never argue with an idiot cuz he will drag you down to his level and defeat you with his experience.

Peace out.

• 1 year later...

I had one agent who got me via cold call. Whenever he couldn’t contact me during office hour, he would advise me to answer his call promptly as he said he was worried that something might happen to me. I thought I was lucky to have such a nice agent. Then one day I needed to go for a day procedure and I called him for advice on the process of claiming. He told me that it’s best to call his company’s hotline. I was quite disappointed as I thought he could help me out. After my op, I did not even hear anything from him or even a message to ask about what happened to me or if I have recovered. 

Be cool, like a breeze...

Recently I heard a slut play the victim card after she shamelessly send her butt baring pics to sexually haress her straight agent. 

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

1 hour ago, Coolbriz said:

I had one agent who got me via cold call. Whenever he couldn’t contact me during office hour, he would advise me to answer his call promptly as he said he was worried that something might happen to me. I thought I was lucky to have such a nice agent. Then one day I needed to go for a day procedure and I called him for advice on the process of claiming. He told me that it’s best to call his company’s hotline. I was quite disappointed as I thought he could help me out. After my op, I did not even hear anything from him or even a message to ask about what happened to me or if I have recovered. 

request for a change of agent or ditch him.

if it's nonsensical request and he ignore you still can understand,

but claims are like the most important request from customers!

1 hour ago, Guest ggg said:

request for a change of agent or ditch him.

if it's nonsensical request and he ignore you still can understand,

but claims are like the most important request from customers!

Thanks for your advice. I still let him manage policies I bought from him but I have requested that he stop contacting me for new products. 

Be cool, like a breeze...

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.