Male HQ

What’s Your % Body Fat

Voyager183

Hey guys, I’m trying to build up my lean fit physique so hopefully you guys have some tips to share. I do exercise regularly and go to gym 1-2 times week. 

I’m 28, 183cm, 72kg, % body fat about 18%. My tummy comes out really easily if I don’t watch what I eat.

I’m looking to cut to 12-15% body fat. About 33kg of muscle mass which I believe can be increased a lot.

Any guys wanna share you fitness journey? Maybe with pics and %body fat if comfortable :)

Edited by Voyager183

Guest Guest

Your profile pic must be very well angled cos it looks lower than 18%. I was in the mid 20s for most of my adult life but now am at 11%. I would say, HIIT if your doc gives you the go ahead, and eat clean but don’t starve yourself. For me, realising that manipulating my metabolism with diet and exercise was the enlightenment. The fat busting that’s crucial happens off the treadmill. For example, cheat days are important to avoid your brain adjusting your metabolism to any prolonged period of a particular diet. Split exercise into smaller sessions spread out over the day instead of lumping it all in one session.

3 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Your profile pic must be very well angled cos it looks lower than 18%. I was in the mid 20s for most of my adult life but now am at 11%. I would say, HIIT if your doc gives you the go ahead, and eat clean but don’t starve yourself. For me, realising that manipulating my metabolism with diet and exercise was the enlightenment. The fat busting that’s crucial happens off the treadmill. For example, cheat days are important to avoid your brain adjusting your metabolism to any prolonged period of a particular diet. Split exercise into smaller sessions spread out over the day instead of lumping it all in one session.

Wow thanks for your comment? 

What is your age now? Mid 20s% to 11% sounds really fantastic, great job!

What were some of the more useful diet and exercises changes you made, apart from the HIIT which you mentioned....?

i agree increasing metabolism is a good thing, however, how do we measure or know that it has increased...

Guest Guest
12 hours ago, Voyager183 said:

Wow thanks for your comment? 

What is your age now? Mid 20s% to 11% sounds really fantastic, great job!

What were some of the more useful diet and exercises changes you made, apart from the HIIT which you mentioned....?

i agree increasing metabolism is a good thing, however, how do we measure or know that it has increased...

Late 40s

Guest Guest
6 hours ago, Voyager183 said:

Great! When I’m in my late 40s, I definitely want to be in your position of below 15% :)

Without sophisticated scientific instruments to monitor metabolism, I guess you just have to observe whether you are getting leaner. The target of course is to go under 10%, but each additional 1% is harder to attain. But there’s nothing more encouraging than running your hands over your abs, especially in the morning, lol!

4 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Without sophisticated scientific instruments to monitor metabolism, I guess you just have to observe whether you are getting leaner. The target of course is to go under 10%, but each additional 1% is harder to attain. But there’s nothing more encouraging than running your hands over your abs, especially in the morning, lol!

Ya sia I do that also and I also see other guys doing it without them realising haha... 

definitely feels great, especially when others notice too...

below 10% really sounds like a stretch for me now but I guess it’s a journey to take...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Guest
3 hours ago, blowmenow said:

actually i dun quite trust the machine.... probably i am above 15%

40, 166, 66

I don’t either, but the point is to use the same machine throughout just to see if you have any RELATIVE progress.

I used the machine at FF to measure my body fat, but I realized depends on which body types you choose, either athletes or normal, the results defer alot. Anybody know what is the reason? I am 16% when i choose normal body type, but when i choose athlete it goes down below 10%! Anyway I am 42 166 57 and i feel fat because of the spare tyre around my waist.

• 3 weeks later...

Voyager183 asked me on how to bulk up for a skinny person in his late 20s and I thought I share my little piece of advice here, having reduced my body fat from 20% to 10%: 

The basic formula is food (carbs+protein), weight-training (weekly cardio) and sleep. Over three years, I started gymming 3 times a week and increasing to 5 times a week, each for 1.5hrs (including warm up and post-workout stretching). The discipline for mind-muscle connection is fundamental for both compound exercises and isolating body parts. Also, less ejaculation and more chicken breasts is recommended.

I am currently 44 160cm 57kg. Body Fat around 13% measured from that omron weight machine that cost around $200 to $300 in retail shop. My profile pic is my body pic. Different machine will give body fat % differently but i guess the more expansive the machine is the more accuracy it is.

At my current age, there is almost no more metabolism and my body is colder than most other people. I never had the habit of going to the gym. I once got more than 20% in body fat but after i change my diet to low carb vegetarian food for several months it drop to my current body fat%.

Edited by yoyo74

On 8/19/2018 at 12:28 PM, pittsburgh said:

Voyager183 asked me on how to bulk up for a skinny person in his late 20s and I thought I share my little piece of advice here, having reduced my body fat from 20% to 10%: 

The basic formula is food (carbs+protein), weight-training (weekly cardio) and sleep. Over three years, I started gymming 3 times a week and increasing to 5 times a week, each for 1.5hrs (including warm up and post-workout stretching). The discipline for mind-muscle connection is fundamental for both compound exercises and isolating body parts. Also, less ejaculation and more chicken breasts is recommended.

Does ejaculation adversely affect muscle growth? I cum quite a lot each week, both from sex and masturbation. I’m not growing muscle as fast as I want to, but I also do not eat large amounts of food, just 120g protein and balanced amounts of other macros. I’m 5’11”, 70kg and 10-12% body fat.

4 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Does ejaculation adversely affect muscle growth? I cum quite a lot each week, both from sex and masturbation. I’m not growing muscle as fast as I want to, but I also do not eat large amounts of food, just 120g protein and balanced amounts of other macros. I’m 5’11”, 70kg and 10-12% body fat.

Ejaculation does not adversely affect muscle growth. Can replace the protein lost with a few peanuts a day.... Allthough I personally find that Almonds ( about 20 nuts a day) combined with lots of water tend to increase the overall volume of my cum.

• 3 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, romeooug said:

My body fat percentage has been a stubborn 18% despite low carb diet and daily workouts (weight 5 days and cardio 2 days). What gives?

Your profile pic don’t look so high % tho. Btw, very sexy.

On 9/6/2018 at 10:20 AM, romeooug said:

My body fat percentage has been a stubborn 18% despite low carb diet and daily workouts (weight 5 days and cardio 2 days). What gives?

You may not want to go too low carb. Rather, aim for a balanced diet with low / medium GI carbs (ie sweet potato, brown rice, etc). You'll need energy to lift heavy and lift intense, and if you go too low carb, you won't have energy to go the appropriate intensity and give you the stimulus to break muscle, or worse, you will end up burning muscle.. 

Ultimately, if you wanna lower yr bodyfat levels then you gotta go into a caloric deficit. Try estimating yr calorie intake, for this.

Bi-curious

1 hour ago, forfanden said:

You may not want to go too low carb. Rather, aim for a balanced diet with low / medium GI carbs (ie sweet potato, brown rice, etc). You'll need energy to lift heavy and lift intense, and if you go too low carb, you won't have energy to go the appropriate intensity and give you the stimulus to break muscle, or worse, you will end up burning muscle.. 

Ultimately, if you wanna lower yr bodyfat levels then you gotta go into a caloric deficit. Try estimating yr calorie intake, for this.

Thank you! Looking at your gorgeous body, I know I’m speaking to the right person!

6 hours ago, forfanden said:

Yup nice bod, you obviously take gd care of ur body ;)

6 hours ago, romeooug said:

Thank you! Looking at your gorgeous body, I know I’m speaking to the right person!

Thanks guys:) still work in progress. And yup, the lower the bodyfat level, the tougher it becomes to go lower. Plus the body adapts with devilish efficiency, sigh. 

Bi-curious

On 9/10/2018 at 4:14 PM, romeooug said:

Base on leaner guys advice is not enough. You had to also know each individual age and metabolism rate is different. Try asking leaner guys of your age range but ask more people as even same age guys may have different metabolic rate.

On 9/6/2018 at 4:20 AM, romeooug said:

@romeooug For me the change happened when I added 15 minutes HIgh Intensity Interval Training to my normal gym routine on Mondays, Wednesday’s and Fridays while sticking to same Low carb diet.  Good luck! :)

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Voyager183 said:

Happy to share that since cutting down on my carbs and eating more protein + exercise, I lost 3kg of body fat and gain 1 kg of muscle.....

percentage body fat fat decreased from 18% to 15%! Closer to goal of 12%

Good job! Keep it up!:)

Bi-curious

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, rogg said:

But it's hard to be thicker and yet trying to shred body fats.

Shouldnt you bulk up first then cut?

I have been watching some body building videos. While getting shredded and trying to be thicker seems paradoxical, it was said that it’s possible when you mix cardio with weight training and high protein diet. Trying that out now but too soon to see results. Been told that I’ve become more muscular. So I guess it’s working out

1 hour ago, romeooug said:

I have been watching some body building videos. While getting shredded and trying to be thicker seems paradoxical, it was said that it’s possible when you mix cardio with weight training and high protein diet. Trying that out now but too soon to see results. Been told that I’ve become more muscular. So I guess it’s working out

Nice.... keep us posted and motivating the rest!

whats ur stats apart from 18% j? U look fantastic shape bro

18 hours ago, romeooug said:

It’s called lean bulking. Possible but requires precise diet plan.

On 10/29/2018 at 9:49 PM, Voyager183 said:

Nice.... keep us posted and motivating the rest!

whats ur stats apart from 18% j? U look fantastic shape bro

Thank you. My profile pict was taken when I was 18%. I’m now at 16-17% - fluctuating.... have bulked up a bit, at least that’s what I’ve been told

On 10/1/2018 at 12:10 AM, Voyager183 said:

Happy to share that since cutting down on my carbs and eating more protein + exercise, I lost 3kg of body fat and gain 1 kg of muscle.....

percentage body fat fat decreased from 18% to 15%! Closer to goal of 12%

Wow! Happy for you! Keep going!!!

4 hours ago, romeooug said:

Thank you. My profile pict was taken when I was 18%. I’m now at 16-17% - fluctuating.... have bulked up a bit, at least that’s what I’ve been told

See picture ~

6 hours ago, romeooug said:

I think based on ur profile pic it’s already less than 18%, maybe 15%. At 18% should not even have any definition on the rectus abdominal. Did I just make ur day? Lol

2 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

I think based on ur profile pic it’s already less than 18%, maybe 15%. At 18% should not even have any definition on the rectus abdominal. Did I just make ur day? Lol

Yes you did!!!! Thank you!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.