Male HQ

Would u pay a sacket of tissue paper for $0.50 when u dine in a resturant , which u pay for 2 person a mea for @22.50 with GST ?

Guest Guest Tissue

Guest Guest Tissue

What is most people  reaction ?

A cook food restaurant in Hougang mall, we ordered  Hor fun, each at $ 6.80 + 1 side dish $ 10.00, no tissue available nor serviett, but must buy tissue packet at $ 0.50 each.

Chinese tea is $ 1.50  and Coke is $ 2.80

plus gst to the above.

Food is self collection

17 minutes ago, Guest Guest Tissue said:

A cook food restaurant in Hougang mall, we ordered  Hor fun, each at $ 6.80 + 1 side dish $ 10.00, no tissue available nor serviett, but must buy tissue packet at $ 0.50 each.

plus gst to the above.

Food is self collection

DON’T GO !  Let the restaurant close shop.  In many country, tissue paper box and a free glass of water are what you’ll expect while you’re waiting for your meal to come to you.

Guest Tomato

In a city like Singapore, rental takes a substantial percentage (majority) of the business cost. Unless the price include premium prices for the food products, business operators has no choice but to use the cheapest, most inferior products to cook their food.  This is on top of the demands by Sporeans to want their outside food to be cheap and affordable.

As a result, the stuffs we eat out are usually not of good quality, and on top on that, we pay mostly for the operator's rental. To ensure their business costs are covered with some profits, most of the time, very few operators bothered how nice or terrible their prepared food is.  (And this is also why tissues are either not given free or charged)

To make things worse, Sporeans are not demanding at all when it comes to cooked food in Spore.  Everything (include froze, preserved, unfresh, processed foods), as long as they are cheap, will be consumed with not many questions asked.

My point is - if the authorities really want to make good affordable and nice, operating costs (namely rental) must be reduced.

Guest Free Tissues

Lets Go :

1. ) Which outlets / cafes etc have free tissues ?  

2. )which cafes and resturants charges tissues ?

1)  MacDonalds, B King, most fast food....

Guest La mei zi
42 minutes ago, Guest What The... said:

Yah and some restaurants serve you raw food, or make you cook it yourself.

Yes, like those mala steamboat restaurants and still collect service charge.

Per lhl's advice, if restaurant is ex, eat at foodcourt, coffee shop or hawker center, or cook yourselves.

Downgrade accordingly.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

Guest cannot refuse

I recalled many restaurants have this :

1) pickles - compulsory charge $ 3-5

2) Towels , paper - compulsory $0.50 - $3 per person

4) Tea - Chinese tea charge $ 1.00- $ 3,50 per person

5) @ Novena Lingzhi, Buffet  about # 26+++  ( gst +10% + dunno what )  is charged a price with 1 soup, however if u take 2 soups steamboat, depends on how many people on the same table , each soup charge is $ 8 per person per table , so they always recommend u 2nd soup ( spicy or herbal soup )....do check your bill...this comes as surprise after ones finished its buffet meal....then the waitress will tell u, 1st soup is free, 2nd soup is chargeable, but u all already eaten.

Guest 娜娜娜娜
2 hours ago, Guest Guest Tissue said:

plus gst to the above.

Food is self collection

Image may contain: one or more people and people standing

I wont pay for those lo

2 hours ago, Guest Guest Tissue said:

plus gst to the above.

Food is self collection

Am a little confused.

You wrote "must buy tissue packet at $0.50 each" -  Do you mean the restaurant forced you buy, or they are selling the packet of tissues? 

At Chinese restaurants, if one doesn't want the pickles, braised peanuts, wet tissues etc -  one can always tell the staff to take away those and it will not be charged. 

Drinks wise - always expensive and is the most profitable item for F&B. 

Guest Pay to eat

Probably it will come a time, one has to pay for aircon in restaurant as you sits there , charge or arrival and departure time for the aircon one enjoy.

Charge for seats duration used or even toilet used

15 minutes ago, Guest Pay to eat said:

Probably it will come a time, one has to pay for aircon in restaurant as you sits there , charge or arrival and departure time for the aircon one enjoy.

Charge for seats duration used or even toilet used

It's already started some time back my dear. Those who chose to sit inside the air con premises will have to pay about $2 - $3 extra per dish.

4 hours ago, Guest Guest Tissue said:

tissue packet at $ 0.50 each.

plus gst to the above.

Food is self collection

Tissue price is reasonable.  Most coffee shop charge the same price per packet when you need it urgently.

Chinese tea, depend whether is a cup or glass, if glass of tea than $1.50 should be reasonable.  If just a small cup, than probably slightly expensive

Coke:  $2.80 is nearly 400% margin they earned.  I don't encourage ordering soft drink in restaurant or cafe

3 hours ago, fab said:

Per lhl's advice, if restaurant is ex, eat at foodcourt, coffee shop or hawker center, or cook yourselves.

Downgrade accordingly.

Precisely, higher cost of living is because we want to enjoy life, going after the latest phone, travel a few times a year, staying in condo etc....bring your own tissue about 10 cents per pkt from ntuc, never buy a $1 mineral water at coffee shop instead get from ntuc at 30 cents.....lately i realised a number of normal eating places are charging extra egg at $1 each which is really ridiculous.

Guest Ah Pek
2 hours ago, Guest takeaway said:

already u take away have to pay between $0.20 to $0.50 , for the food box

When I was younger I remember we bring our own metal carrier/container to hawkers/coffee shop to dabao food back. Now a lot of them don’t allow citing unhygienic reasons, of course they’ll then charge you the 20 cents for the ecologically unfriendly plastic container.

7 hours ago, Guest Guest Tissue said:

plus gst to the above.

Food is self collection

Why go to restaurant if there are hawkers that sells cheaper and if there aren't much different?

Unless there's a specific craving for the particular taste from the restaurant, then don't think there is a need to spend at a restaurant, unless there is too much money to burn :P

Will you be my valentine's? :D

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/22/2018 at 1:55 PM, fab said:

Downgrade accordingly.

Yes. As a gay, we must also downgrade our taste as we get older. Old ppl can't be choosy w whatever left for u to suck 

• 1 year later...
Guest scammster

I never understood what was the GST part of the meal at 22.50?

In other countries they will annoy you buying roses. Overseas you can't go out with someone, lots of guys will actively force you to buy roses. Some can even put up a drama, some drama gays would be jealous off... Lucky here got not so many of these rose sellers.

There is one annoying guy around Orchard Road, who will even try to sell roses, when you are having a beer with straight friends and ask you to buy for your friend. He is already so modern and advanced, already factoring in the gays, could be a gay couple isn't it.

The uncles and aunties selling those tissue papers. I never bought any because I always scared it is a scam. I mean got some mafia behind them and actually the people selling the tissues are slave workers. I dun wanna support them.

• 5 months later...
7 hours ago, JackQuinn said:

A very stingy restaurant if you have to pay a sacket of tissue paper. It should for free, like in every normal restaurant.

Seriously? Or have you taken that practice for granted?

I have never heard of any rule to that imposed as mandatory. Places can do that as ADDED VALUE to draw business and enhance experience for sure. Many may choose to follow over the year but there are some who still don't. It happens. As with ALL THINGS IN LIFE we can't change to our expectation  if you are not pleased, vote with your $$$$. Don't patronise again. Life's too short to waste and cause yourself indigestion walking out the food place.

** Comments are my opinions, same as yours. It's not a 'Be-All-and-End-All' view. Intent's to thought-provoke, validate, reiterate and yes, even correct. Opinion to consider but agree to disagree. I don't enjoy conflicted exchanges, empty bravado or egoistical chest pounding. It's never personal, tribalistic or with malice. Frank by nature, means, I never bend the truth. Views are to broaden understanding - Updated: Nov 2021.

On 8/22/2018 at 11:25 AM, Guest Guest Tissue said:

plus gst to the above.

Food is self collection

Certainly not! I would leave restaurant, walk to the nearest pretend to be handicap or blind auntie and buy from her at S$ 2 per packet tissue paper...I expect even S$ 2.80 chicken rice stall at hawker to provide free tissue paper...

Why cannot use receipt as tissue paper?

Guest cheepscate
On 8/22/2018 at 11:25 AM, Guest Guest Tissue said:

plus gst to the above.

Food is self collection

This issue is so petty. If you are too stingy to buy the tissue paper, then buy at Fairprice and bring yourself. 

Even if annoying so many food outlets in lower price range not offering any tissue. 

Some places charge S$1 for ice water.

And how about the pickles and soft peanut at some restaurant, S$3. Never eat still need pay. 

The same guy complaining here goes Karaoke and paying S$5 for ice water and other charges... 

In the end a shop owner has free tissue but the hor fun will cost S$7.50. 

What did you win???

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.