Male HQ

Everything in SG is so Expensive!

Guest Guest

5 minutes ago, Guest Don’t understand said:

How is that different from 99 year lease condo? When you qualify to buy direct from HDB you are paying below market value for such HDB compared to one buying 99 yr lease condo, at multiple times the price of HDB. 

No difference to me. 99years up, you lose your home. 

99years lease condo owners are paying a lot more and living in condo means you pay extra for everything links to it e.g electric and water bill, maintainance fee, cost of repair etc. 

Guest Singles
2 hours ago, Guest Don’t understand said:

Don’t understand the issue with HDB being 99 lease. How is that different from 99 year lease condo? When you qualify to buy direct from HDB you are paying below market value for such HDB compared to one buying 99 yr lease condo, at multiple times the price of HDB. 

As for our transportation, I agree it’s not the best in the world but good enough compared to other developed countries like UK and USA. There are of course rooms for improvement but current standard serves its purpose. It is cheap, clean and frequent enough. At least we don’t have workers going on strike!

But singles cannot and was not qualify to buy direct from HDB. So they ended up by 2nd/3rd hand HDB at high market price which now turns out not much of a remaining lease left.  I think Singles are the one short-changed.

Guest Aunty Lucy

Private property got handsome security guard to jaga and also many Tua Kee Ang Mo.   HDB got lots of kapo lau Aunties.  It makes a lot of difference.

22 minutes ago, Guest Singles said:

But singles cannot and was not qualify to buy direct from HDB. So they ended up by 2nd/3rd hand HDB at high market price which now turns out not much of a remaining lease left.  I think Singles are the one short-changed.

Go buy singles studio flat direct form hdb lah..my sis got one for around $90k. 

5 hours ago, doncoin said:

If you are not happy with the price you have to pay at the hawker store, take issue with the hawker, and ask him to charge you a price that you are willing to pay. If you are not happy that the 4 bed-room HDB flat you want is more than $1 million, go tell HDB about it and let them know it is unfair for them to charge you for something that is beyond your means. Same for the MRT, tell them you refuse to pay the fare if the train is going to breakdown. 

Whining and complaining on BW is not going to deliver the results you want. Doing so here, is not going to make that change. 

Yeah, right. BW is the platform for gays to bitch about people, talk about sex, and look for hook up. So whining and complaining or talking about any other issues here is an enormous no-no, because it is not going to make any changes. 

没出去走动走动,还以为自己的国家很可悲。

然后出国“走走”,一旅客的身份到处“看看”。看到的都是美丽的景点。就以为自己已经开拓视野、知识很广。又回过头想到自己的国家有多潦倒。然后就发文“分享”国家有多惨多惨。写了一堆空话。

真的,没有在外国待过一阵子,就没办法真正体会不同国家的不理想。然后出口说出一堆有的没的,会显得自己极度没有知识和内涵。把“井底蛙”的含义发挥到淋漓尽致。

是。国家并不完美。

但,没有一个国家的政策是完美的。

好了。不在这话题聊了。因为don’t feed the trolls. 

17 minutes ago, suckmegood said:

没出去走动走动,还以为自己的国家很可悲。

然后出国“走走”,一旅客的身份到处“看看”。看到的都是美丽的景点。就以为自己已经开拓视野、知识很广。又回过头想到自己的国家有多潦倒。然后就发文“分享”国家有多惨多惨。写了一堆空话。

是。国家并不完美。

但,没有一个国家的政策是完美的。

Agree .  I hv lived in both USA n Europe 

I dealed w many expats in sg .  I can always challenge them until they no questions . 

But I hv since look beyond because complain is just human .... n what is the pt of convincing them ..... to each his own 

all I say was if u r so unhappy w sg u hv a choice ,, !, 

27 minutes ago, suckmegood said:

没出去走动走动,还以为自己的国家很可悲。

是。国家并不完美。

但,没有一个国家的政策是完美的。

就因为自己在国外走走过,外国待过一阵子,就自以为自己见识广。自己也知道没有一个国家的政策是完美的,也别在这里层强自称这里是天外天,地外地的美好世界。给过一些人机会去看别国的好处,但只看到别国有多惨多惨,那才是可悲。送瞎子到国外看风景,又有何意义?

既然自己能说 "不在这话题聊了。因为don’t feed the trolls.",那你也不必要回复了。

6 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Yeah, right. BW is the platform for gays to bitch about people, talk about sex, and look for hook up. So whining and complaining or talking about any other issues here is an enormous no-no, because it is not going to make any changes. 

Well...let's frame it this way. When you are sick, you see a doctor. You don't go to the hawker to get a medical diagnosis and expect a cure. Similarly, the issues about costs of living, etc. there really isn't much BW members can do here to change the prices, unless they run HDB, or run a hawker store, or the MRT. It is barking up the wrong tree. How about approaching your MP instead to voice your displeasure with the costs of living? Maybe he can provide a solution.

BW has many more topics of discussions other than about sex, hook up etc. 

Love. 

Guest Tio Bo?
9 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Your sis buy the type which is 1 bedroom 1 living room.  According to HDB rules, such flat cannot be rented out in the open market unlike the 3-room and above flat..  Now you see the difference between HDB and private condo.  Do you not see the restriction?  If your sis bought a 1 bedroom private condo, she will not be restricted by HDB. Tio Bo?

Guest Remembrall
1 hour ago, Carlofrcentral said:

You never know MRT breakdown until you experienced this.

440B6974-6BE1-4D94-BFFF-34B1196D6AC0.jpeg

Dont you know this has happened a few times already? I was caught in this shituation on the circle line. And way before in 2011 do you not know or remember how the commuters had to break the glass for fresh air cos someone fainted cos they were trapped in the sardine packed train. How soon and fast people forget.

8 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

You mean this?

bishan-crowd-smrt-mrt-breakdown_0.jpg?it

8 hours ago, Carlofrcentral said:

Thats a fucking bus, not an MRT.

Do you know what caused the issue? Any Singaporean would know the background without the need for anyone else to spell it out. It's telling that you are not even a local here to understand the situation.

9 hours ago, Guest Tio Bo? said:

Your sis buy the type which is 1 bedroom 1 living room.  According to HDB rules, such flat cannot be rented out in the open market unlike the 3-room and above flat..  Now you see the difference between HDB and private condo.  Do you not see the restriction?  If your sis bought a 1 bedroom private condo, she will not be restricted by HDB. Tio Bo?

You kong jiao way lah...less than 90k vs 300k..u go figure. Lau kui xia suay.

9 hours ago, Guest Tio Bo? said:

Hello. You think buy condo you are free to do what you like meh? Please lah..condo got own rules and regulations hor.you got money than go buy a 800k studio lor. Buy condo is not like buy condom hor. Lau kui xia suay.

Guess when some are brought up use to paying high price for everything,  it becomes normal for them.  They would even defend the need to pay high prices and look at paying regular price with suspicion.  I regularly buy whole airflown Salmon from Giant whenever they have offers/specials.  When I tell my friend who never been to Giant or NTUC (have high paying job and only shop at Cold Storage)  The reply was, there must be something wrong with those fish.

Edited by Fit4Masc

27 minutes ago, Fit4Masc said:

Guess when some are brought up use to paying high price for everything,  it becomes normal for them.  They would even defend the need to pay high prices and look at paying regular price with suspicion.  I regularly buy whole airflown Salmon from Giant whenever they have offers/specials.  When I tell my friend who never been to Giant or NTUC (have high paying job and only shop at Cold Storage)  The reply was, there must be something wrong with those fish.

Their mindset "Expensive equal to quality".

For me i always try to find substitute for a cheaper price, but for them surely can go for high price if they can afford it right and that is their definition of "worthy"? 

Guest Foreign T
9 minutes ago, Demz said:

For me i always try to find substitute for a cheaper price, 

You're not far from them really, this is why many sinkies are replaced by cheaper foreign labour.

30 minutes ago, Guest Foreign T said:

You're not far from them really, this is why many sinkies are replaced by cheaper foreign labour.

I mean when i do my grocery. If future you yourself are an employer, do make sure and really sure.

You hire highly efficient with high salary staff. If that day come to you.

Tell me when your day comes.I ll be so happy for you. 

Edited by Demz

2 hours ago, magicar said:

we also have the most expensive garment in the whole wide world  :-) 

Aiyo..another one.....ours are clean wage systen. No hidden allowances lah...

Than what? Serve from the HEART will do lor...you pay ministers $7000 a month can liao...LOVE the country can liao....many many many coffeeahop uncles eargerly awaiting to be minister.

1 minute ago, Guest Guest said:

Than what? Serve from the HEART will do lor...you pay ministers $7000 a month can liao...LOVE the country can liao....many many many coffeeahop uncles eargerly awaiting to be minister.

are you very sure no hidden allowance ? so lhl as on the GIC board not taking one cent ? are u telling the whole world that USA President with $600,000 pa is taking lots of allowance .

23 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Not everyone are eligible, those who have bought resale  before with subsidy will not be able to buy....in a family oriented country, single will never be the priority and will be penalised one way or other.

48 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

You are really stooooopppiiiiidddd or what...you telling whole world the President if USA is NOT taking alot if allowance????

ya , i stupid but let the other judge .. :-) . look at your finger when u pointing at people , one is pointing outward 3 finger are pointing at yourself  :-)

1 hour ago, magicar said:

ya , i stupid but let the other judge .. :-) . look at your finger when u pointing at people , one is pointing outward 3 finger are pointing at yourself  :-)

Crazy...why I point finger at you? Point in the air? You gong lan jiao way mah.

2 hours ago, lonelyglobe said:

Not everyone are eligible, those who have bought resale  before with subsidy will not be able to buy....in a family oriented country, single will never be the priority and will be penalised one way or other.

Single want priority, single mothers want priority, famiy with kids wan priority, family with kids and grandparents want priority, everyone want priority......

3 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Clean wage system? Of course... 

The wife of the PM runs Temasek.. 

The son of the PM was the one to develop the ParkingSG app used in Singapore...

Then the CEO of SingHealth was exposed to be whose wife? 

Who else? Even if the pockets of the person has clean and, not forgetting, exorbitant wages, did you even look into the pockets of the people holding these guys' hands? 

4 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Yeah lor... All the rest of the world are run by coffeeshop uncles...

Guest Freelancer
1 minute ago, Guest Guest said:

Yeah lor... All the rest of the world are run by coffeeshop uncles...

Parliament all retired army service uncles and also housewives working part time.

3 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Single want priority, single mothers want priority, famiy with kids wan priority, family with kids and grandparents want priority, everyone want priority......

Yap, u have priority seat in buses and train, go bank got priority q, airlines got priority q and even now ntuc got priority check-out.

4 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

The fact that singles need to wait til 35 year old to get a 2rm BTO is not even talking about a "priority" issue here anymore. This is plainly discrimatory. 

17 minutes ago, Carlofrcentral said:

Yes. There are only 10 cars running everyday servicing a population 3x than that of Singapore.

The breakdown is happening everyday? Where is this place? 

It surprises me why some people would never be satisfied despite enjoying these luxuries (yes, luxuries). Then I realize that these people are those that are not exposed to the outside world and they live in a bubble. They think that everything should be perfect and they are entitled to nothing but. Everyone has a right to complain but our complaints should be valid. Because if we complain about everything, even about the smallest inconveniences (such as MRT breaking down once a month or once a quarter), then we are being unfair to the people who are working hard to give these all to us (your countrymen, all the people working here and the government).

So let me leave this here: 

17 minutes ago, Carlofrcentral said:

It surprises me why some people would never be satisfied despite enjoying these luxuries (yes, luxuries). Then I realize that these people are those that are not exposed to the outside world and they live in a bubble. They think that everything should be perfect and they are entitled to nothing but. Everyone has a right to complain but our complaints should be valid. Because if we complain about everything, even about the smallest inconveniences (such as MRT breaking down once a month or once a quarter), then we are being unfair to the people who are working hard to give these all to us (your countrymen, all the people working here and the government).

That survey could be paid for by gov?

10 minutes ago, Carlofrcentral said:

In some countries, even a bicycle is a luxury. If you can consider what should constitute a basic infrastructure in a first world country to be a form of "luxury", then it just goes to show that you do not come from one. While you measure progress by the inches, we measure prrogress by the yards. It is exactly because of the likes of you, that the governing body had grown complacent, listening to your praises and songs even while the entire town goes into shatters (yes, shatters as in parts of the building literally falling off). 

It is really funny that a keyboard warrior like you living in the bubble behind your own screen can go around judging others, claiming that they have not traveled well. Your presumptions reveal your own narrow-mindedness. When you claim that we are complaining because things are not perfect, do you realize how far away we are from being "perfect"? To think you need to rely on a ST article to say our transportation system is the best in the world is really revealing that you may not even be living here at all! And this is even further evidenced by your statement "MRT breaking down once a month or once a quarter)". Are you even serious?!? 

And please don't give us the bs about "people who are working hard to give these all to us (your countrymen, all the people working here and the government).". The people working their butts off gets fired when things go wrong, while the top management earn their millions every year, sitting there not knowing what to do. 

Guest PM Lee

My people - i hear all of you esp. you who keep complaining about your miserable life, why not go to my office and rant? I will wait for you. Im sorry your mother dropped you when you were a baby. I give u hug when i see u. Labyu so much.

1 hour ago, Guest Guest said:

In some countries, even a bicycle is a luxury. If you can consider what should constitute a basic infrastructure in a first world country to be a form of "luxury", then it just goes to show that you do not come from one. While you measure progress by the inches, we measure prrogress by the yards. It is exactly because of the likes of you, that the governing body had grown complacent, listening to your praises and songs even while the entire town goes into shatters (yes, shatters as in parts of the building literally falling off). 

It is really funny that a keyboard warrior like you living in the bubble behind your own screen can go around judging others, claiming that they have not traveled well. Your presumptions reveal your own narrow-mindedness. When you claim that we are complaining because things are not perfect, do you realize how far away we are from being "perfect"? To think you need to rely on a ST article to say our transportation system is the best in the world is really revealing that you may not even be living here at all! And this is even further evidenced by your statement "MRT breaking down once a month or once a quarter)". Are you even serious?!? 

And please don't give us the bs about "people who are working hard to give these all to us (your countrymen, all the people working here and the government).". The people working their butts off gets fired when things go wrong, while the top management earn their millions every year, sitting there not knowing what to do. 

It’s difficult to take your comment seriously if you dont give facts. Who is this top management person sitting there not knowing what to do, earning millions every year? Is this just a guess? Did you just start making things up just to drive a point? When people present you facts, you dismiss it as fake news?That is not the proper way to debate. That is the way of the coward.

I still think everything is in your head. And I understand you. But there is still a chance for you. Don’t give up. Expand your world. Get a passport and try to visit other countries. And maybe then it will open your mind.

46 minutes ago, Carlofrcentral said:

It’s difficult to take your comment seriously if you dont give facts. Who is this top management person sitting there not knowing what to do, earning millions every year? Is this just a guess? Did you just start making things up just to drive a point? When people present you facts, you dismiss it as fake news?That is not the proper way to debate. That is the way of the coward.

I still think everything is in your head. And I understand you. But there is still a chance for you. Don’t give up. Expand your world. Get a passport and try to visit other countries. And maybe then it will open your mind.

Judging by just how out of touch you are with the local situation here, it really goes to show how big a keyboard warrior you are. To think you are not even aware who is the top management earning big bucks but not knowing what to do. Have you even been here recently? The fantasy world you are dreaming about exist only in your head. I think your passport has been hardly utilized at all. Go back to your geography books. There is a huge difference between your dreams and our reality. 

7 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

Judging by just how out of touch you are with the local situation here, it really goes to show how big a keyboard warrior you are. To think you are not even aware who is the top management earning big bucks but not knowing what to do. Have you even been here recently? The fantasy world you are dreaming about exist only in your head. I think your passport has been hardly utilized at all. Go back to your geography books. There is a huge difference between your dreams and our reality. 

LOL you keep calling me a keyboard warrior, you are just describing all of us here.  

Anywaaaay... I just want to say that sometimes, if you stay in one place for a long time, crazy things get in your head. You start to annoy people around you, so they avoid you. Even your family hates you. So you spread your negativity elsewhere. Don’t worry, my friend we are here for you to enlighten your mind. It is never too late. Again, my advice for you is to explore the beauty of the world. Try Malaysia, it’s just a bus ride away from Singapore, fyi. That’s a good baby step for you.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.