Male HQ

Singapore's LGBTQ News & Section 377A Discussion (compiled)

groyn88

21 hours ago, Nightingale said:

1.  Of course it's possible to be a Confucianist, a Taoist and a Buddhist at the same time.  This is called Oriental syncretism.  At the peak of your career, you can be a Confucianist - strive hard, do your utmost.  But when your career fails, be a Taoist and accept Fate without bearing grudge.  Before you die, you'll be a Buddhist to disavow earthly cravings to prepare for the afterworld.

Similarly, you can be a Christian who believe in God and worship him and still practise the Confucian ethics of diligence, frugality, kindness (Ren) or universal love, filial piety, loyalty, honesty/sincerity/integrity, courtesy etc. - all are secular virtues.  There's no conflict between the two.  There are still many Chinese-educated senior citizens who had gone to Chinese schools in their student days but have converted to Christianity.  They attend church services in Mandarin or dialects and still are staunchly Confucianist.

And why should the essence of Christianity be the belief in heaven, hell,

in  Christ as God, in all the baggage of the Jewish religion, in the Sacraments, the Mass, etc. ?

Shouldn't Christianity be the philosophy, the teachings of Jesus as described in the Gospels?

I subscribe to the philosophy of Jesus Christ  because I think it is one of the best.  So I call myself a Christian,

something those who consider themselves "the real Christians" dispute for an agnostic.

Edited by Steve Temp

1 hour ago, Steve Temp said:

I had the same reaction,  a HEAVEN in Confucianism?

But even the "violates nature" seems ill informed.  If a 5% of a species does not reproduce, this does not violate the need of the species to reproduce.

Havent you heard of freedom of conscience, its a term invented by the west and followed by people like yourselves,

its the freedom to believe in any ideas , religion or philosophy even its wrong or ridiculous,

Steve , haven't you forgotten , the west hold freedom of conscience as sacred, even more sacred than God himself,

are you contradicting yourself again.

Guest don't forget
16 minutes ago, Guest guest said:

Havent you heard of freedom of conscience, its a term invented by the west and followed by people like yourselves,

its the freedom to believe in any ideas , religion or philosophy even its wrong or ridiculous,

Steve , haven't you forgotten , the west hold freedom of conscience as sacred, even more sacred than God himself,

Everything from the West is always the bad thing...

Same old story, can't hear it anymore....

you are riding always on the same wave.

21 minutes ago, Guest guest said:

I am not contradicting anything. I am all for freedom of expression, freedom of speech.

Guest guests have the right to express their beliefs, opinions, ideas, ideologies, thoughts, likes and dislikes,

and I have the right to challenge these beliefs, opinions, ideas, ideologies, thoughts, likes and dislikes

with my own beliefs, opinions, ideas, ideologies, thoughts, likes and dislikes.

9 minutes ago, Guest don't forget said:

Everything from the West is always the bad thing...

Same old story, can't hear it anymore....

you are riding always on the same wave.

Yes, the West is so evil!

It brought to the East electricity, cars, telephones, recorded music and video, digital communications like internet, airplanes, motorized ships, antibiotics, modern surgery, GPS, microwave ovens, and...  and... democracy after the French revolution.  It also brought tasty hamburgers and delicious French fries, chocolate ice cream, etc.

5 minutes ago, Nightingale said:

You sure have an axe to grind, always picking bones with Steve.  Why don't you get it off your chest and speak out your inner thoughts?

please , if you want to help, please argue with my point and present a counter argument. 

There is this thing called Freedom of conscience , right?

Do google and see what it mean and how I apply it to Steve' s statement. 

Have I used it wrongly ? 

1 minute ago, Steve Temp said:

I am not contradicting anything. I am all for freedom of expression, freedom of speech.

Guest guests have the right to express their beliefs, opinions, ideas, ideologies, thoughts, likes and dislikes,

and I have the right to challenge these beliefs, opinions, ideas, ideologies, thoughts, likes and dislikes

with my own beliefs, opinions, ideas, ideologies, thoughts, likes and dislikes.

Yes, the West is so evil!

It brought to the East electricity, cars, telephones, recorded music and video, digital communications like internet, airplanes, motorized ships, antibiotics, modern surgery, GPS, microwave ovens, and...  and... democracy after the French revolution.  It also brought tasty hamburgers and delicious French fries, chocolate ice cream, etc.

Did I argue against modernity , and modern inventions?

Look at the first paragraph you wrote. its what I have always said you people have always held sacred even more sacred than the creator.

I would like to state that what I have previously said was right , all along.

Do take note of the first paragraph above , Nightingale, have I maligned the writer, which you accused me of all kinds of malign.

10 minutes ago, Nightingale said:

You sure have an axe to grind, always picking bones with Steve.  Why don't you get it off your chest and speak out your inner thoughts?

Maybe the picking bones, the axe and Samurai katana he keeps razor sharp,  are his inner thoughts?  

He is really blessed by the modern freedom of expression  :lol:

8 minutes ago, Guest guest said:

There is this thing called Freedom of conscience , right?

I don't want to violate your rights nor make you angry,

but is Freedom of Conscience a thing or a concept?

Also, our conscience is far, far from FREE.

It is heavily influenced by our inborn genetics and by the environment

with hundreds of brain-washing spiritual detergents.

11 minutes ago, Nightingale said:

Freedom of conscience – sometimes called “freedom of worship” or “religious freedom” – means simply the freedom to worship in one’s own way, including the right not to worship.

So tell us how or where did Steve contradict himself.  He did not advocate that people stop worshipping their gods.

I think readers can judge for themselves.

I just want to prevent people from falling for the sweet talk of someone who comes from the country who has absolute freedom of speech, this right of freedom of speech and all other leftist freedom is now coming back to bite them on the arse.

Do they have the pledge of Nation before self?

Nation before self, when it comes to the critical moment of decision. 

The state comes before the individual.

For them , its the other way around.

Its my constitutional rights comes before everything and everyone else. and all the constitutional amendments they like to blah blah blah , the first amendment, the fifth amendment, 

they forget that all these can be overwritten at critical junctures.

Dont get swayed by sweet talks about those absolute freedoms.

5 minutes ago, Nightingale said:

It is worthy of the Vice President of that Confucian Association to quit his official position to contradict his President.  Confucius did not say everyone must reproduce.  Confucius merely emphasised secular virtues and orderly relationships for a stable society – let the emperor behave like an emperor with benevolent love for his citizens, let the father act like a responsible father, let the siblings behave respectfully to one another etc.  It is the so-called "traditional beliefs" of the misled conservative Chinese scholars that have been thinking that it is the responsibility of everyone to extend the family tree, hence the saying "There are 3 sins of filial impiety.  Of these 3 sins, the inability to have offspring is the greatest."

The inability to have offspring being the greatest sin of filial impiety has an equivalent aberration in the "West".

It is the position of some fundamentalist Christians that argue that homosexuality is the  biggest sin.  (not murder!!)

"Nothing OFFENDS God more than homosexuality".

What a pitiful thing their God must be, if He gets "offended" by something we mere mortals find innocuous. 

18 minutes ago, Guest guest said:

I think readers can judge for themselves.

I just want to prevent people from falling for the sweet talk of someone who comes from the country who has absolute freedom of speech, this right of freedom of speech and all other leftist freedom is now coming back to bite them on the arse.

Do they have the pledge of Nation before self?

Nation before self, when it comes to the critical moment of decision. 

The state comes before the individual.

For them , its the other way around.

Its my constitutional rights comes before everything and everyone else. and all the constitutional amendments they like to blah blah blah , the first amendment, the fifth amendment, 

they forget that all these can be overwritten at critical junctures.

Dont get swayed by sweet talks about those absolute freedoms.

Don't get swayed by the self-serving position of some individuals in the US who use "The Constitution" to defend their "freedom to bear arms", because they WANT to have arms. 

A Constitution is a compendium of laws, and with any laws there are good ones and bad ones.

13 minutes ago, Nightingale said:

Of course we know it is not God who gets offended.  After all, He created us, so how can he find fault with his creation?  It is homophobes who view us as uncomfortably different from them in thought & behaviour and use God as a weapon to condemn us.  Now white swans are the overwhelming majority but some of them view black swans as a perversion and view the latter as a threat to their existence and "family structure".

Imagine you are the manufacturer of some mechanical or electrical device.  Out of the production line, some devices will fail quality control inspection and be rejected.  Will you feel "offended" by the rejected devices?  Most probably you would throw them away, or have them repaired if they have valuable components, and improve the production line.

Instead of throwing them away to hell because they offend Him, why doesn't God repair the failed homosexuals, all of which have an alleged invaluable immortal soul,  and correct the design so that there are no more homosexuals?  And no, "reparative therapy" is not the action of a God but that of a society that doesn't recognize reality.

Edited by Steve Temp

Guest don't forget

the topic is 377A and not anything else.

Get back to the topic and don't fall trap on this guest guest.

This guest guest just intends to disrupt and is probably running his personal competion on how many threads he got locked.

Don't get distracted, ignore him at let him bark to his own shadow...

Guest 祖先保佑
1 hour ago, Nightingale said:

“Wuhou” should be taken as an adjective to mean “not behaving like a son should” but has been distorted to become a verb “not to bear descendants”.

不孝有三,无后为大

https://baike.baidu.com/item/不孝有三,无后为大

千百年來被嚴重誤解 「不孝有三,無後為大」的真實含義是?

http://www.ntdtv.com/xtr/b5/2016/04/09/a1261580.html

yes hahah i almost wanted to correct you until i read til this part. let me add on a bit, it also means passing down moral values to descendants, instead of just give birth to babies. kudos for the info!

Guest for you Steve
11 hours ago, Steve Temp said:

Don't get swayed by the self-serving position of some individuals in the US who use "The Constitution" to defend their "freedom to bear arms", because they WANT to have arms. 

A Constitution is a compendium of laws, and with any laws there are good ones and bad ones.

Well, well, let us all see what kind of country our Steve  comes from,  America was started in the beginning with puritans from the old country of england and Ireland.

America is conservative at the core ,  the midwest , bible belt, rust belt and the south and deep south are deeply conservative, and most believe in the C religion , but with their own interpretation, and practice also their own way,   its a contradiction, that nowdays, kids and adults cannot show any manifestation of C religion, no crucifixes, no swearing by the bible, no preaching, but the same people will defend to the death for the brown skin minorities to practice their religion, to practice their culture, and have their head coverings. yet christmas is banned from schools.

We don't want this type of wishy washy Social Justice warriors ideas in this part of the world, yet most of the Mega congregations religion comes directly imported from the good old yank.

Guest for you Steve

Guess who are the respondents who had a field day making fun of Rick Perry who was espousing the conservative values,

Fix your own backyard before you claim my backyard is messy

Guest Mandai Zoo
8 minutes ago, -Ignored- said:

Ya I watched the 50 mins insight on CNA.  The show seems to put our govt and kangaroo to shame.  India court proved it has more independency in judgement than our kangaroo which always wait for our garment directions.  Sillypore is so lame.

1 minute ago, Guest Mandai Zoo said:

Ya I watched the 50 mins insight on CNA.  The show seems to put our govt and kangaroo to shame.  India court proved it has more independency in judgement than our kangaroo which always wait for our garment directions.  Sillypore is so lame.

glad that there are pp viewing it than to spend time on other things
sg is very backward and we dare to claim we are first world! sometimes , i felt it is really a joke

I felt so sorry for the Manoj (parents also refuse to believe him!) , even the lawyer is helpless!

Guest Mandai Zoo
10 minutes ago, -Ignored- said:

glad that there are pp viewing it than to spend time on other things
sg is very backward and we dare to claim we are first world! sometimes , i felt it is really a joke

I felt so sorry for the Manoj (parents also refuse to believe him!) , even the lawyer is helpless!

It is quite rare for msm to show what is happening to LGBT outside Singapore for a full 50 minutes.  Nothing was censored, every interviewers including the lawyers strongly voiced against keeping S377.  Shamugarum should feel ashame of himself after watching the show.

I love the part where one of them said: even if there is only ONE gay person in india, the country should still fight for the striking down of S377 in the name of equality and non discrimination on one minority.   That proves how advance  india is with that thought.  Hindusim far surpassed Christian in terms of GRACE.  No wonder there was rumour that Jesus did not go to the cross, but escaped to india to become a monk.

msm?
Or channel newsasia?

What did u call yourself a zoo?

Yes, the video emphasized that it is abt respecting diversity and inclusiveness! While i do not wish to go into religion (hindu temples do depict same sex relationship on their walls)
I m still viewing it now, once i saw such good production, i immed share it , i dont wish to see members spending time on other things

25 minutes ago, Guest Mandai Zoo said:

It is quite rare for msm to show what is happening to LGBT outside Singapore for a full 50 minutes.  Nothing was censored, every interviewers including the lawyers strongly voiced against keeping S377.  Shamugarum should feel ashame of himself after watching the show.

I love the part where one of them said: even if there is only ONE gay person in india, the country should still fight for the striking down of S377 in the name of equality and non discrimination on one minority.   That proves how advance  india is with that thought.  Hindusim far surpassed Christian in terms of GRACE.  No wonder there was rumour that Jesus did not go to the cross, but escaped to india to become a monk.

Guest Indiana Jones

Excellent documentary! It is not just extremely rare, I have never seen such truthful programming on lgbt rights on msm here before. It is like, unbelievable!

From I know majority of Indians are very cool when it comes to LGBT people. Their family orientated, conservative and traditional culture have no hang ups on such things. The rare ones who are "anti-lgbt" are the americanised christian indians. You could sense the fear coming out from their nostrils whenever they are near one of us like being near a monster!

17 hours ago, Guest Mandai Zoo said:

Jesus escaped to India to become a monk?  This one is new to me... haha.

If it would not be chronologically impossible, we could imagine a disgusted Jesus leaving behind his fellow Jews and ending up in India, where he became Gautama Buddha.

Surely Buddha has more of a  Christian than the apostle Paul, who was one of the designers of early Catholicism, and all the Popes who followed.

19 hours ago, Guest for you Steve said:

Well, well, let us all see what kind of country our Steve  comes from,  America was started in the beginning with puritans from the old country of england and Ireland.

… video with this horrible Rick Perry...

America is conservative at the core ,  the midwest , bible belt, rust belt and the south and deep south are deeply conservative, and most believe in the C religion , but with their own interpretation, and practice also their own way,   its a contradiction, that nowdays, kids and adults cannot show any manifestation of C religion, no crucifixes, no swearing by the bible, no preaching, but the same people will defend to the death for the brown skin minorities to practice their religion, to practice their culture, and have their head coverings. yet christmas is banned from schools.

We don't want this type of wishy washy Social Justice warriors ideas in this part of the world, yet most of the Mega congregations religion comes directly imported from the good old yank.

Yes, you don't want any of the ideas of Rick Perry in your part of the world.

Texas turned Republican many years ago.  

We had as governor George W. Bush (the one who brought us 9/11 and the Iraq war), and when he left to become president,

his Lieutenant General Rick Perry was the logical replacement.

Since then we had to put up with him until term limits ended his tenure.

Americans we like to abuse many things, and one of them is sanctimoniousness. 

Religious conservatives cannot get enough religion, the more the better.

The population can still wear and display religious items, but not in some public places

because of separation of church and state,  There is no state religion.

Isn't it the same in Singapore?  Can public employees wear burkas?

19 hours ago, Guest for you Steve said:

Guess who are the respondents who had a field day making fun of Rick Perry who was espousing the conservative values,

Fix your own backyard before you claim my backyard is messy

Thank you "Guest for you Steve".  This video with Jesus I like the best, it is hilarious..

And one can imagine Jesus really saying these things.  Clever!

Religion have no monopoly on morality.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/religion-doesnt-have-monopoly-on-morality-x8qllnjpsd5

“RELIGIOUS PEOPLE DO NOT HAVE THE MONOPOLY ON MORALITY” ACCORDING TO ATHEIST ON BBC1 PANEL

https://www.worldreligionnews.com/religion-news/religious-people-not-monopoly-morality-according-atheist-bbc1-panel

No Religion Has a Monopoly on God's Truth, Clerics Assert

http://articles.latimes.com/1997-02-01/local/me-24465_1_religious-diversity

No One Has a Monopoly on Truth

https://reasonandmeaning.com/2014/02/05/no-one-has-a-monopoly-on-truth/

And the best one, Queen Elizabeth II, who is the head of the Anglican Church in England adn presumably the world Anglican Head,

and Btw, the Thios of Singapore also attends the Anglican church also.

Religious do not have monopoly on virtue, Queen tells synod

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2010/nov/23/queen-synod-virtue

The Queen Attends The Ninth Inauguration Of The General Synod

The next time someone gets really fundamental and religious and starts to tell you , you are sinful

just shout right back at them

" You religious people have no monopoly on morality, truth and virtue, "

They will be stunned like vegetable,

Image result for stunned  like vegetable gif

Guest 奶插播
1 hour ago, Guest guest said:

Oooppss,  saying that part about being born in Nigeria in rebirth is considered racist for the most part and very elitist,  

what makes you in a position to say Nigeria and Africa in general is considered bottom of the heap anyway.

w

Who knows , the old hag may even enjoy being shagged by countless 8 inches and above of juju meat stick. Once she goes black , there is no turning back, as they say.

The blackest of the black.

https://goo.gl/images/jk2V9F

Omg 黑珍珠!My black prrrecccccioussssss! Tyra is soo gonna be out-blacked and dethroned.

26 minutes ago, Guest 奶插播 said:

Omg 黑珍珠!My black prrrecccccioussssss! Tyra is soo gonna be out-blacked and dethroned.

Djimon Hounsou

with a dick that is as thick as baseball bat and hard as a rock

Guest NAR is cult

Thio Li Ann and her ilk are part of the New Apostolic Reformation (NAR), which is regarded by some to be a shadowy cult in Christian disguise and has been described to be the Christian equivalent of Taliban. More people need to know about their existence and their insidious agenda. 

https://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/opinion/2011/07/20117259426336524.html

America's own Taliban

A fast growing right-wing politico-religious presence plans to implement an end-times, Christian theocracy in the US.

by Paul Rosenberg
28 Jul 2011

Prior to 9/11, the Taliban government in Afghanistan did not register very much on American radar screens, with one notable exception: when it blew up two colossal images of the Buddha in Bamiyan province in early 2001. But destruction of treasured artifacts isn't just limited to the Taliban.

There's a right-wing politico-religious presence centred in the US, but with a global reach, engaging in similar practises, destroying religious and cultural artifacts as a key aspect of its ideology of "strategic level spiritual warfare" (SLSW).

Until recently a fringe evangelical movement, warned against as deviant, "spiritual warfare" is rapidly positioning itself within America's mainstream political right. It's well past time for political journalists to start covering what this movement is up to.

As an example, leaders have bragged online about the destruction of Native American religious artifacts, which their twisted ideology somehow sees as a liberating act, promoting "reconciliation" between estranged groups of people. Critics, however, see it as reflecting an eliminationist mindset, while traditional conservative evangelicals have denounced the ideology as un-biblical. Some even claim it is actually a form of pagan practice dressed up in Christian clothes, according such artifacts a spiritual power that the Bible itself denies.  

The ultimate goal is to replace secular democracy, both in America and around the world, with a Christian theocracy, an ideology known as "dominionism". The supposed purpose is to "purify" the world for Christ's return - again, strikingly similar to what the Taliban believe, but also significantly at odds with more common, long-standing Christian beliefs about the "end times", as well as the nature and purpose of prayer, and the roles of human and divine power.  

This description might seem utterly fantastical, but copious evidence for it is hidden in plain sight, scattered across the internet, in books, on YouTube, and tracked by a small community of researchers at sites such as  Talk2Action.org and RightWingWatch.org, as well as by evangelical critics. The question is: When will America's mainstream media catch up?

The missed story in the 2008 campaign

Known as the New Apostolic Reformation (NAR), a term coined by its intellectual godfather, C Peter Wagner, this movement surfaced in the 2008 campaign, with video of one of its most prominent practitioners, Kenyan witch-hunter Thomas Muthee, anointing Sarah Palin - but the mainstream media largely missed the real story on a number of counts.

They generally failed to realise that Muthee was part of a Western-based movement, indeed, he starred in the first "Transformations" video, a pseudo-documentary series advancing SLSW, advertised as having been seen by 200 million people in 70 languages.

Media also overlooked clear evidence that Palin herself was part of an Alaskan group involved in SLSW, dating back to when she was just 24 years old. More basically, media failed to grasp the radical nature of NAR, and its departure from earlier evangelical practice. This is so new that many academic experts haven't caught up with it. 

Additionally, many in the media relied on Charisma magazine for guidance - a publication deeply aligned with the NAR. Add this to the media's general skittishness when accused of bias by Palin and her supporters, and the result was a perfect storm of story suppression, much of it seemingly quite reasonable.  

A rare exception, which did not occur until very late in the campaign, was Laurie Goodstein's October 24 story in the New York Times, "YouTube Videos Draw Attention to Palin's Faith", which did discuss spiritual warfare and Palin's involvement, but barely brushed against the underlying agenda of dominionism and its more troubling implications.

The story this time

This election cycle, the media will have another chance to get the story right. The NAR has made great strides since 2008, and already, NAR figures are deeply involved in organising for Texas Governor Rick Perry's August 6 prayer meeting, "The Response".  

On July 12, MSNBC's Rachel Maddow did a segment highlighting some of their more bizarre claims in a series of video clips. These included Wagner saying that the Japanese stock market collapsed because the emperor had sex with a demon (the sun goddess), another leading NAR figure, John Benefiel, calling the Statue of Liberty "a demonic idol", and a third figure, Mike Bickle, calling Oprah Winfrey "a forerunner to the Harlot movement", or, as Maddow put it, a "harbinger of the antichrist".

But these aren't just a collection of random bizarre claims. As researcher Rachel Tabachnick - who's been studying NAR since 2008 - wrote the day after: "These video clips should receive much more national exposure, but they need to be viewed in context of the movement they represent."

Not your father's religious right

Encompassing a variety of organisations and networks of activist groups, the NAR is not just concerned about particular issues, such as abortion or gay rights, or even about so-called "values", which is the impression that even Goodstein's 2008 story left with readers.

Rather, the NAR is committed to replacing democracy with a religious dictatorship, which it sees as a necessary prelude for Christ's return to earth.

Consequently, the NAR is also openly dedicated to destroying religious and cultural groups who do not share their beliefs - even including others on the Christian Right. They openly denounce Mormonism and Roman Catholicism as demonic, but in the end all Protestant denominations are seen as impediments to creating one unified religious establishment which should in turn control all of society, entirely replacing America's secular democracy, and bringing about their own version of "one-world government". 

This is explicitly articulated in terms of what's known as the "Seven Mountains Mandate", which seeks to establish Christian dominance over seven culture-shaping spheres of activity: business, government, media, arts and entertainment, education, family, and religion. On one of Muthee's several visits to Sarah Palin's church in Wasilla, he spoke for about ten minutes about the Seven Mountains Mandate.

The NAR's non-church, non-denominational apostolic/prophetic organisation is key to its recent rapid growth and its relative invisibility to outsiders, but it also departs significantly from traditional scriptural teachings long held dear by evangelicals, as do many of its teachings.

Indeed, in August 2000, the Assemblies of God, America's largest Pentecostal denomination, adopted a statement warning against a number of tendencies, under the heading "Deviant Teachings Disapproved", including, but not limited to, some prominent elements involved in the NAR. However, Tabachnick informed me that "unfortunately many in the Assemblies of God have changed their tune on this and embraced the NAR".

Yet many have not changed, and the warnings still serve to highlight how this latest development is not the same religious right wing as in your father's day.

One tendency warned against was dominionism itself, which the document called "unscriptural triumphalism". It also warned against "the problematic teaching that present-day offices of apostles and prophets should govern church ministry at all levels", and against "excessive fixation on Satan and demonic spirits". These are all major aspects of NAR theology, as is the concept of "generational curses", which the document also warns against.

In short, the NAR may be gaining substantial ground on the religious right, but in doing so, it is profoundly undermining a raft of biblical teachings that the vast majority of evangelicals have staunchly clung to until quite recently. This is, indeed, not your father's religious right. It is arguably destroying your father's religious right.

Strategic level spiritual warfare: A myth? A heresy? Or worse?

Because of the goal of gaining dominion over all of society, spiritual warfare to drive out demons who supposedly stand in the way of this goal plays a central role in NAR thinking. There are, three levels to spiritual warfare, as Talk2action.org explains in their glossary of NAR terms:

Ground level spiritual warfare is casting out demons from individuals. Occult level spiritual warfare is a confrontation with demons operating through witchcraft and esoteric philosophies (examples are Freemasonry and Tibetan Buddhism). Strategic Level Spiritual Warfare is the highest level, dealing with confrontation of territorial principalities that control entire communities, ethnic groups, religions, and nations.

While there are many evangelical critics of spiritual warfare and the NAR, and a great deal of material online, Bishop Michael Reid - who has three degrees from Oral Roberts University, including an honorary Doctorate of Divinity - literally wrote the book on the subject.

Although he's since had his own gay sex scandal - much like Wagner's long-time close associate, Ted Haggard - his 2002 book, Strategic Level Spiritual Warfare: A Modern Mythology? remains a devastating Bible-based critique, in which he writes, regarding SLSW:

"There is no foundation in the Old Testament for this practice, nor any indication that the devil has any intrinsic power or authority. Satan's only weapon is deception and his only sphere of influence that which God permits for His own eternal purposes.

"In the New Testament, the picture is similar; there is no evidence to suggest that Christians are called to engage in an on-going conflict with spiritual forces in the cosmic realm. The Scripture is quite clear in its teaching that Christ defeated Satan completely at Calvary and that Christians have been freed from his power."

Reid sees this unscriptural ideology usurping God's role and elevating mere mortals to a higher place - precisely the sort of thing that NAR's leading advocates accuse secularists of doing:

"The whole focus of SLSW is on the devil and his demonic host ... Man has become the fulcrum of redemption, holding the balance of power between God and the devil in the battle for the souls of men, and the gospel itself rendered impotent without the preliminary work of pulling down demonic strongholds ... These are serious matters which call into question the very basis of the Christian faith."

"The Harlot Babylon is preparing the nations to receive the antichrist. The Harlot Babylon will be a religion of affirmation, toleration, no absolutes, a counterfeit justice movement ... I believe that one of the main pastors as a forerunner to the Harlot movement is Oprah."

Mike Bickle, NAR

In short, SLSW is implicitly about the egos of "spiritual warriors", rather than Christian humility.

Reid also repeatedly suggests that SLSW is actually pagan in origins, and thus a form of syncretism, the very sort of mixture between Christianity and older pagan religions that biblical literalists of all stripes abhor. For example:

"Hesselgrave draws the analogy between warfare prayer and the prayer typical of Indo-European paganism with its dualistic understanding of the eternal co-existence of good and evil. The latter is viewed as a means 'to control the gods', but, in contrast, prayer in biblical thought is 'submission' to God'.

The idea that spiritual warfare as practised by the NAR is itself a pagan practice, perhaps even a form of demonic battle or that it elevates man over God are perceived examples of what psychologists call "projection", an ego defence mechanism. 

But long before there were any psychologists, the Bible weighed in, Matthew 7:5: "Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye." We turn now to another such example.

Oprah and the Antichrist - A case of projection?

On July 12, Rachel Maddow began the segment mentioned earlier with a video of NAR bigwig, Mike Bickle, in which he said:

"The Harlot Babylon is preparing the nations to receive the antichrist. The Harlot Babylon will be a religion of affirmation, toleration, no absolutes, a counterfeit justice movement. They will feed the poor, have humanitarian projects, inspire acts of compassion for all the wrong reasons. They won't know it ... I believe that one of the main pastors as a forerunner to the Harlot movement is Oprah."

Although Maddow naturally focused on the claim that Oprah was somehow a harbinger of the antichrist, it's arguably even more interesting that Bickle so accurately - if inadvertently - describes one of the NAR's own favourite practices, what it calls "reconciliation" between groups that are estranged from one another, be they ethnic, racial or nationalist. These often, but not always, involve the destruction of religious/cultural artifacts and are supposed to lift so-called "generational curses". 

One such example revolved around Kansas Governor Sam Brownback, formerly a US senator.

"Brownback has taken part in NAR 'Reconciliation' events since 2003, and subsequently introduced Senate resolutions apologising to Native Americans," Tabachnick wrote at Talk2Action.org last year. "These Reconciliation ceremonies are not about pluralism, but about proselytising - for both charismatic evangelical belief and right wing politics."

Eventually one such resolution was incorporated into legislation. On the other side, a number of Native American NAR leaders were involved in the ritual destruction of objects said to depict false gods. Given the centuries-long history of the many ways that Native American culture has been destroyed by white America, it is nothing short of absurd to claim that "reconciliation" can be brought about by further acts of cultural destruction. Yet, that is precisely what the NAR practices.

This is, at best, to use Bickle's own word, a "counterfeit" movement.

Another indication of how counterfeit such "reconciliation" is lies in just who represents each side. In this example, it was eventually the US government on one side, and a religious network of self-hating Native Americans on the other. If that seems a bit lopsided, it is more typical than not.

A similar pattern can be found in reconciliation rituals with "Jews" who are so-called "messianic Jews" - meaning they are actually practising born-again Christians. That's a bit like a "reconciliation" between Italian and Brazilian soccer fans, with the Brazilian fans being from the Italian embassy in Brasilia.   

In another case, religion wasn't even really a factor, as a small, private reconciliation ritual in Texas was performed to bring black people back to the Republican Party. In her book, Bridging the Racial and Political Divide: How Godly Politics Can Transform a Nation, Alice Peterson describes how Susan Weddington, then chair of the Texas Republican Party, organised the ritual.

When the time came, Peterson wrote, she expected Weddington to ask forgiveness for whatever White Republicans had done - she seems to have no idea what that might have been. Instead, Weddington asked forgiveness for the Black Republicans who left the party.

Nowhere in Peterson's account is there any hint that Blacks became Democrats when Democrats renounced their racist past during the civil rights struggles of the 1950s and 1960s, and Republicans eagerly wooed tens of millions of White Democrats who fled their party as a result. In short, such make-believe "reconciliation" has nothing to do with spiritual truth, and everything to do with historical lies.

Work to be done

If this all seems a bit overwhelming, that's only because it is.

If the media had taken a serious critical look at Palin's religious beliefs and practices in 2008, all the above and more could have been examined and discussed in detail over the past three years. As it is, there is a lot of catching up to do. 

There is no question that American political journalists are up to the task - if they put their minds to it. The only question is, will they do it? Will they dare to seriously consider the evidence of a Taliban-like movement in right-wing Christian America, seeking to impose its own form of "godly" government in place of the secular democracy established more than 200 years ago?

Journalists could begin to answer that question by taking a long hard look at the NAR figures endorsing Rick Perry's prayer event on August 6. Let's hope they do.

Paul Rosenberg is the Senior Editor of Random Lengths News, a bi-weekly alternative community newsletter.

The views expressed in this article are the author's own and do not necessarily represent Al Jazeera's editorial policy.

SOURCE: Al Jazeera

Guest Faustina
8 minutes ago, Cube3 said:

What other Thio Li Ann scandals are there? Wondering...

Lawrence Khong is her son.... That she had a faustian deal with the devil to look forever young and mannish?

Guest fudge packer

Allegedly , Rick Perry on the left.

In their country , its masculine and macho to be pro gun.

Allegedly.

201172510018622580_20.jpg

Actually, we should leave them to dig their own graves, then they will fall into the pit themselves, without us breaking a sweat.

N.A.R.   sounds very close to their very own N.R.A.

https://home.nra.org/

Pro Gun, National Rifle Association,

The National Rifle Association is America's longest-standing civil rights organization. Together with our more than five million members, we're proud defenders ...

Watch the video below as it summarises the situation over there, as these crazed people including that big nose miss piggy is also stirring up the end of the world scenario through their beliefs.

Loretta Lee Jackson a.k.a  as Charlie Hides the is a proud gun owner N.R.A. card holder and gun polisher too.

As you can see in the USA, N.A.R   and N.R.A. may be sharing the same bed. Allegedly.

I don’t think the repeal will happen. Singapore government will probably respect the views of the majority, which is unfortunately extremely traditional, even amongst the younger generation. With an increasing number of christians in Singapore this will just get harder. From what I’ve seen, Singapore Churches are almost all deeply conservative and believe literally what the bible says. 

Guest Hard truths
37 minutes ago, Guest Heya said:

I don’t think the repeal will happen. Singapore government will probably respect the views of the majority, which is unfortunately extremely traditional, even amongst the younger generation. With an increasing number of christians in Singapore this will just get harder. From what I’ve seen, Singapore Churches are almost all deeply conservative and believe literally what the bible says. 

Singaporeans are stupid. Do we follow our country men in stupidity or we fight against it by continuing to ask for repeal, even though the backlash hurts some of the vulnerables in the LGBT community, and many of the bitchy and slutty gays in the community do not deserve equality and freedom?

Guest Hard truths
53 minutes ago, Guest Heya said:

The younger generation who are traditional and conservative sounds like an oxymoron to me, especially if they enjoyed hollywood films and western culture. 

They are more likely a teeny bunch of whiney, closeted and ball-less hypocrites, which frankly, i am very much disappointed and disgusted by!

Guest Bible sluts
1 hour ago, Guest Heya said:

Yeah, they will literaly wolf the whole damn bible down their throats to boost their morality count, and literally pull moral put downs on gays from their butt holes in an arbitrary and trigger happy manner.

Guest Friends with benefits
1 hour ago, Guest Heya said:

Young people especially go to churches with the added benefit of getting close to same and opposite sexes around the same age, and those liaisons and fraternizing wouldn’t have been possible without the blessings of their churches, if they didn’t pretend to toe the church line at least verbally and outwardly, risking excommunication and ostracism from their church community.

You think christian youths don’t fornicate or at least hook up with each other, flirt around and gossip, and denouce support for gay rights at the same time? WAKE UP PLS.

I don’t think we can count on those christian youths to gauge the youth perspective, at least not on a national level. Singapore is not christian country, christianity is a MINORITY in Singapore,  b l o o d y  P-E-R-I-O-D !!!

2 hours ago, fab said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_Singapore

The abrahamic religions in SG is about 32%.

How can they be majority?

Thats counting only abrahamic region which u can assume 90 percent at least are against it. Even if The rest of the non Abrahamic religions are 50/50 it’s already the majority against. I remember a survey done few years ago, the stance of Singapore youths surveyed are somewhat 50/50 when it comes to their acceptance of lgbt. If someone can help me to dig up a more recent survey that would be helpful.

Sam_Harris_2016_%28cropped%29.jpg

Sam Harris is 51 years old and married with 2 child. I like matured men with some ethnic features,whether Italian,  Greek ,or Jewish fetures, make s the face  more interesting, makes you wanna find out about his heritage, 

ginger , redhaired and orange haired too funky for me,

preferbly  with dark hair too.

Guest Liu Xiao Xu
1 hour ago, Guest nothing to say said:

But the people have nothing to say. It's parliament to decide...

Pretty sure the parliament would be more willing if a significant majority are supporting it... like in Taiwan where 60 percent population support LGBT unions. Singapore is more like 30-40 percent. As for whether PAP is doing a good job or not, I’m still fairly sure there isn’t a party right now that could compare. Singapore is a really delicate country, a few wrong moves and our economy might just collapse

Yeah certain religions i.e. those Abrahamic ones, are created as a tool to control and to make others conform to their set ideology.  Its a psychological form of control using a person's own fears of the unknown and the innate goodness of people against themselves.  It's a shame that humanity had allowed such pervasive mind control to propagate and its worrying that there are still a huge amount of people who are totally oblivious and unaware and fall into their trap of absolute psychological control, through lies and exploitation of personal fears and goodness.  As with their religious ideology, all their religious relics to date have been found to be fakes and hoaxes.

Edited by Fit4Masc

Guest Malaysia is a sinful place

Malaysia is full of self loathing faggots in denial. My uncle is one of them. Christian, married with three children, he attempted to rub his groin against my back when he taught me how to ride motorbike when I was 15.

#metoo, #timesup, #sexualassault

• G_M changed the title to Singapore's LGBTQ News & Section 377A Discussion (compiled)
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.