Male HQ

Singapore's LGBTQ News & Section 377A Discussion (compiled)

groyn88

Just received this from a staunch Christian contact:

As part of the clarion call given by #timetoactSG, I strongly encourage us to engage our MPs this week to firmly voice our disagreement to the repeal of 377A.

Since yesterday's clarion call, there was significant social media buzz with regards to conservative views on 377A. Nevertheless, some of us wondered if it would be enough. Rumours swirled around that the will to repeal 377A is strong, and it could happen very soon. If we miss the mark, we may never have the chance to make another stand on 377A. 

Hence I am calling for us to do everything we can to "protest" with our MPs. Some felt we might be too late for Hong Lim, but we could at least make our thoughts and feelings known to our MPs, that it will be unfair of them as elected representatives of the people to repeal 377A against the people's wishes. We the people need to voice this out in significant numbers across all constituencies NOW. 

Check who your MP is and his contact: https://www.parliament.gov.sg/mps/find-mps-in-my-constituency
[7/26, 08:21] Cheryl Wang: Dear Friends, 

The Government had previously announced that it is reviewing 377A. You may have heard strong rumours that they are looking to REPEAL, and to do so VERY SOON.

Pro LGBTQ+ activism is now in our media, libraries, schools, and online spaces. They are seeking to normalise homosexuality in the next generation. Hence, we need more safeguards to draw boundaries against normalising LGBTQ+ in family law, education and the media.

If you DISAGREE with repeal, you need to ACT NOW. Write to your MP, attend your Meet the People session, and state your POSITION. Do it WITHIN A WEEK. Do not wait; it may be too late.

Here is a sample letter:

====

Dear [Insert MP name],

I am a Singaporean living in [Insert GRC/SMC].

I understand that the Government is reviewing 377A. 

This is an important and controversial matter. It should not be decided behind closed doors. If the PAP repeals 377A without a national referendum, it would be overriding the majority will of the people. 

377A is a uniquely Singapore compromise. It prevents LGBT values from becoming mainstream. But non-enforcement means our friends and neighbours who identify as LGBT are free to live out their private lives in peace.

Please represent us by fighting to retain 377A. A repeal will only open the floodgates of LGBT activism.

[Insert personal experience or view of LGBT activism]

I hope to hear from you.

Yours,
[Insert your name]

On 7/26/2022 at 9:00 AM, Startup said:

As part of the clarion call given by #timetoactSG, I strongly encourage us to engage our MPs this week to firmly voice our disagreement to the repeal of 377A.

Since yesterday's clarion call, there was significant social media buzz with regards to conservative views on 377A. Nevertheless, some of us wondered if it would be enough. Rumours swirled around that the will to repeal 377A is strong, and it could happen very soon. If we miss the mark, we may never have the chance to make another stand on 377A. 

Hence I am calling for us to do everything we can to "protest" with our MPs. Some felt we might be too late for Hong Lim, but we could at least make our thoughts and feelings known to our MPs, that it will be unfair of them as elected representatives of the people to repeal 377A against the people's wishes. We the people need to voice this out in significant numbers across all constituencies NOW. 

Check who your MP is and his contact: https://www.parliament.gov.sg/mps/find-mps-in-my-constituency

The Government had previously announced that it is reviewing 377A. You may have heard strong rumours that they are looking to REPEAL, and to do so VERY SOON.

Pro LGBTQ+ activism is now in our media, libraries, schools, and online spaces. They are seeking to normalise homosexuality in the next generation. Hence, we need more safeguards to draw boundaries against normalising LGBTQ+ in family law, education and the media.

If you DISAGREE with repeal, you need to ACT NOW. Write to your MP, attend your Meet the People session, and state your POSITION. Do it WITHIN A WEEK. Do not wait; it may be too late.

Here is a sample letter:

====

Dear [Insert MP name],

This is an important and controversial matter. It should not be decided behind closed doors. If the PAP repeals 377A without a national referendum, it would be overriding the majority will of the people. 

377A is a uniquely Singapore compromise. It prevents LGBT values from becoming mainstream. But non-enforcement means our friends and neighbours who identify as LGBT are free to live out their private lives in peace.

Please represent us by fighting to retain 377A. A repeal will only open the floodgates of LGBT activism.

I hope to hear from you.

Yours,
[Insert your name]

Maybe should tell your friend I would like to mmob?

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

"377A is a uniquely Singapore compromise"

🤣 How nice, your sensitivities and fweelings are protected from factual challenges, but you are free to insult and attack lgbts daily. No wonder you love this "compromise".

Do we have an equivalent letter from our side? I'll sign and sent to my MP too.

The government is doing the right thing to move towards a more progressive society. They don't need to be taken hostage by the religious right. The progressive middle are happy to vote for a more enlightened platform.

On 7/26/2022 at 6:03 AM, Guest 1to4 said:

Yes, requirements are high but that doesn't mean they are not allowed to. They will not be criminalised if they do so. Get it? 😉

There are too many problems in a country like Singapore if can't show that you are officially married...

A repeal will only open the floodgates of LGBT activism

Pro LGBTQ+ activism is now in our media, libraries, schools, and online spaces.

There seems to be much more anti gay and religious activism than any LGBT activism in Singapore...

Where are the LGBT activists?  Does anyone see them?

LGBT groups clap back at townhall held against repealing Section 377A

The LGBT community has expressed their dismay over a recent private town hall meeting held to voice and organize opposition against the repeal of Singapore’s gay sex law. 

Coconuts, 26 July 2022

The three-hour meeting, which was attended by at least 1,200, mostly middle-aged Singaporeans, was held at the Singapore Expo convention center on Saturday. 

The meeting’s speakers argued that retaining Section 377A of Singapore’s penal code, which criminalizes sexual relations between men, was necessary to protect families, the institution of marriage, children and freedom. 

LGBT advocacy group Pink Dot SG today condemned the townhall and its organizers, saying they were impeding Singapore from becoming a progressive nation and arguing that repealing 377a would not affect the rights of those outside the LGBT community.

“It is not right for a group to hold the whole country hostage on social progress, especially when the concessions that they are demanding in return for acceptance of repeal will disadvantage a group that they do not represent,” Pink Dot SG spokesperson Clement Tan said in a statement.

The Protect Singapore Townhall – Safeguarding Our Future event was organized by Jason Wong, founder of the Dads for Life movement and the Yellow Ribbon Project, and Mohamed Khair, the CEO of training and development company SuChi Success Initiatives. 

Wong, Khair, current and former members of the LGBT community and other unidentified speakers reportedly spoke during the event.

In a Facebook message posted on Saturday, Wong said their hearts were “full” seeing the “oversubscribed” turnout to the townhall, with hundreds on the waitlist. He called supporters of repealing Section 377A “intolerant” and said he decided to because he believes repealing the law will damage the nation’s values and younger generations.

“Youths, parents, educators, workers, and more decided that it was #timetoactSG to protect family, marriage, our freedom of conscience, and most importantly our children, who are at the heart of these social institutions,” Wong wrote.

The law can be repealed when the government introduces safeguards to “marriages, families, and freedom of conscience,” including protecting heterosexual marriages, Wong added.

Pamphlets passed around during the event said LGBT groups are pushing for “many changes to law, policy and society” like approving same-sex marriages and housing policies.

They also said that children should be protected from LGBT beliefs and shouldn’t be discriminated against for not accepting them.

Another LGBT group, Oogachaga, today said they were more worried about harassment their community might face because of the event. They said they have already been getting hate calls and emails from the public.

“When we advocate for the repeal of 377A, we do so because we know about the very real impact it has on individuals, couples and families in Singapore’s LGBTQ community,” Oogachaga’s executive director Leow Yangfa said.

The Ministry of Home Affairs yesterday said the police had received reports on the gathering but concluded that they didn’t break any laws since it was privately held and everyone is “entitled to their views.”

The ministry also said the event’s organizers had applied for a police permit, which wasn’t required.

Although the government has stated that they would no longer prosecute individuals under Section 377A, they have refused to repeal it as a form of compromise with the country’s conservative values. 

Advocates for repealing the law say that its continued existence provides a green light to society that discrimination against the LGBT community and individuals is still acceptable.

SG Extra Podcast: Analysing a town hall call urging against repealing Singapore's Section 377A

Synopsis: The Straits Times analyses Singapore's latest news and announcements in this weekly podcast. 

The Straits Times' Zakir Hussain, Singapore editor at The Straits Times, speaks with Money FM 89.3's Timothy Goh and Bharati Jagdish.

A group of people have called for the law criminalising sex between men to be kept on the books, until there are guarantees to protect the traditional definition of marriage and family.

Calling themselves the Protect Singapore Townhall, the group held an event at the Singapore Expo convention centre last Saturday (July 23), which was attended by more than 1,200 people.

Meanwhile, the Government has been consulting various groups of Singaporeans on the law in recent months.

Currently, Section 377A of the Penal Code - is not actively enforced, a position that has been reiterated by the authorities since it was discussed at length in Parliament in 2007.

In this week's episode, the team discusses the changing attitudes towards the law and the steps the Government is taking as it decides on the next moves.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/sg-extra-podcast-analysing-a-town-hall-call-urging-against-repealing-singapores-section-377a

here the podcast link:

https://omny.fm/shows/sg-extra/town-hall-urges-against-repealing-section-377a-sg

Imagine if someone’s daughter married a man who loves only men and was merely forced by his parents to marry a girl, how much damage to both families

No lgbtq is stopping anyone from getting married or growing a family. It’s actually the opposite. Who is “intolerant”? Siao the pot calling the kettle black.

1,200 attendees to hear an absurdity that escapes no thinking brain.

How can straights who want to marry need to be protected from gays who want to marry?     People who want to eat meat need to be protected from people who want to eat vegetables?

Here is a sample letter:

====

Dear [Insert MP name],

I hope to hear from you.

Yours,
[Insert your name]

CONCERNS REGARDING THE REPEAL OF SECTION 377A
I am a citizen of Singapore who is deeply concerned about the PAP’s plan to REPEAL Section 377A of the
Penal Code in the near future. My concerns are listed below: 1. ENDORSING THE NORMALISATION OF ANAL SEX
 Dear PAP Government,
  LGBT activists have been pushing a narrative to normalise LGBT sexual behaviours.
Anal sex is NOT "healthy" and poses significant health risks for those who engage in it. For starters, Monkeypox is now a "public health emergency of international concern". The outbreak is "concentrated among men who have sex with men (MSMs), especially those with multiple sexual partners" and “98 per cent of infected people were gay or bisexual men.” https://www.channelnewsasia.com/world/who-chief- declares-monkeypox-global-health-emergency-2831241
    One study also found “strong new evidence that anal sex itself, although not necessarily ejaculation, is a major source of transmission.” https://www.nbcnews.com/nbc-out/out-health-and-wellness/monkeypox- driven-overwhelmingly-sex-men-major-study-finds-rcna39564
As monkeypox spreads through close skin-to-skin contact, there is potential for an outbreak of the virus beyond the currently affected demographic. How long will it be before it reaches a critical mass or if/when the virus mutates will it start spreading rapidly to the heterosexual demography?
Monkeypox aside, MSMs are disproportionately infected with HIV, STDs, anal cancers and other health detriments. While LGBTQ+ persons must be accepted in society, it would be detrimental to Singapore that anal sex be accepted as “normal” or “healthy”. The facts and harms associated with anal sex must be clearly articulated to society, particularly our young in schools.
Take smoking for example. Smokers are accepted in society but the facts and harms associated with smoking are clearly articulated in society. Smoking is discouraged (not normalised) and there are policies in place that restrict smoking. Imagine if our young are taught that smoking is “healthy” and “normal”!
“Homosexual acts... are significantly more injurious to health than smoking...How is it that there can be warning labels on cigarettes... yet no cautionary admonitions regarding homosexual practices?” (Robert Reilly. Making Gay Okay, 2015. Kindle: https://a.co/2lqnaUB)
Section 377A does not discriminate against “people” but against a “conduct” – gross indecency between men, like anal sex. Identity politics are irrelevant to the law. There are “straight men” who regularly have sex with other men. https://dearstraightpeople.com/2016/12/05/confession-i-am-straight-but-i-regularly- have-sex-with-other-men/
The existence of Section 377A, while not enforced as a political compromise, informs society that anal sex is neither normal nor healthy. The Ministry of Health needs to accurately inform the public of the risks involved instead of allowing the myth that it is “just as healthy” a sexual activity to perpetuate.
Repealing Section 377A, at this time, would be irresponsible and sends a signal that the incumbent government is not only not taking steps to curtail the normalisation of anal sex but also endorsing its normalisation to the detriment of the public health of Singapore. I cannot, in good conscience, support such a decision and would seriously question the wisdom of this government.

2. NEGLECTING PUBLIC SENTIMENTS
According to the 2021 IPS survey:
“59.3% of Singaporeans feel that “Homosexuality is never or seldom justifiable.” https://lkyspp.nus.edu.sg/docs/default-source/ips/ips-exchange-series-16.pdf
Repealing Section 377A sends a signal that the incumbent government is not only caving to the pressures and demands of LGBT activism but also neglecting the sentiments of the majority. I cannot, in good conscience, support such a decision and would seriously question the wisdom of this government.
3. THE SLIPPERY SLOPE OF LGBT ACTIVISM IS REAL
LGBT activists in Singapore have made known their agenda:
** The list below is non-exhaustive given the ever increasing demands of LGBT activists.
     1. Implement Comprehensive Sexuality Education in Singapore Schools
 - Normalise risky LGBTQ+ sexual behaviours and LGBTQ+ ideologies for children
 2. Recognising Same-Sex Marriage and Parenting in Singapore
3. Assisted Reproductive Technology (e.g Sperm Donors and Surrogacy) 4. Permitting “LGBT-Affirming Only” Mental Healthcare & Social Services 5. Ban All Forms of “Conversion Therapy”
 - Defined as any therapy that is “non-LGBT affirming” including prayer.
 6. Government Funded Transgender Surgeries
7. Rectify IMDA Media Codes To Allow LGBTQ+ Content For Children 8. Taxpayer Subsidised Housing For “LGBTQ+ Families”
https://uprdoc.ohchr.org/uprweb/downloadfile.aspx?filename=8486&file=EnglishTranslation https://uprdoc.ohchr.org/uprweb/downloadfile.aspx?filename=8473&file=EnglishTranslation
LGBT activist, Finian Tan, said at the Ready4Repeal Townhall in 2018, “It’s not a slippery slope. It’s a series of steps and at each step, there is a locked gate, which requires the Executive to propose a change and Parliament to approve it before that gate is unlocked. So we are only asking for one - for the FIRST one.”
LGBT activist, Remy Choo, said at PinkDot this year, “If 377A is repealed, it's the beginning of a long road to equality, not the end."
The slippery slope is REAL.
In December 2021, PM Lee said Singapore will face challenges in future looking at the trend in many countries to legalise drugs for recreational use and how things could go "awry" despite best intentions to advocate for a "harm-reduction approach" to drugs. https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapore/future- challenges-drug-control-legalisation-trend-lee-hsien-loong-2363431
In March 2022, Minister Shanmugam stressed that the Death Penalty must stay as the floodgates will open once this deterrence against drug trafficking is gone. https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapore/no- doubts-death-penalty-right-policy-drug-trafficking-shanmugam-2776746
Where drugs are concerned, PM and Min Law recognise the slippery slope reality and have taken a firm position to protect our society from the dangers of that slippery slope.
With regards to thge slippery slope of the LGBT agenda, Singapore will not be spared the widespread consequences to society caused by LGBT activsm that we are now seeing in the west.

Repealing Section 377A will not only lead to a moral and cultural decline, but also a deeply fractured and divided society, as is the state of the United States of America. PM Lee warned in 2007, “Instead of forging a consensus, we will divide and polarise our society.”
UNTIL and UNLESS the PAP government has mounted tangible and adequate safeguards against the slippery slope of the LGBT agenda, repealing Section 377A will lead to a slew of adverse effects on society and future generations. (https://www.everthoughtofthat.com/#S377A)
Repealing Section 377A sends a signal that the incumbent government is not only not concerned about opening the floodgates of LGBTQ+ activism but also not concerned about protecting society (our families and our future generations) from the harmful social impact of LGBTQ+ ideologies. I cannot, in good conscience, support such a decision and would seriously question the wisdom of this government.
Thank you for hearing my concerns above. As a citizen, I have a duty to elect responsible leaders. I see the repeal of Section 377A, at this juncture, as a reckless move and irresponsible governance. This will impact how I will vote at the next elections.
     I strongly urge this government not to buckle to LGBT activism and endanger society by removing the “fence” standing between the floodgates of LGBTQ+ ideologies infiltrating our society and causing harm to our future generations, and tearing apart this nation.
Signatures collated via:
https://tinyurl.com/S377ALetterofConcern

Anal sex is not unique to the gay community. Didn't they legalise anal sex for straight people a few years back?

So please ask the gahment to recriminalise anal sex for straights, and oral sex as well, cos it may lead to oral herpes and oral cancer.

No more flute playing at geylang boohoo 🤣

Edited by StockBottom

Guest Guest
On 7/25/2022 at 12:12 PM, Guest Roy Tan said:
On Thursday, several of us were invited to meet with Ministers Shanmugam, Edwin Tong and Desmond Lee to discuss about the future of 377A

Breach in official secrets act? 

LGBT activists will seek to shape public consciousness of what marriage is, and attempt to get parliament to enact gay marriage because they believe that homosexuals should have a right to marry.

Breach in defamation act? 

We must also equip our congregations to have these conversations, as these will certainly become hot-button topics in a very short time.

Incitement of hatred therefore Breach of Prevention of Harassment act? 

On 7/28/2022 at 1:05 PM, Startup said:

I am a citizen of Singapore who is deeply concerned about the PAP’s plan to REPEAL Section 377A of the
Penal Code in the near future. My concerns are listed below: 1. ENDORSING THE NORMALISATION OF ANAL SEX
 Dear PAP Government,
  LGBT activists have been pushing a narrative to normalise LGBT sexual behaviours.
Anal sex is NOT "healthy" and poses significant health risks for those who engage in it. For starters, Monkeypox is now a "public health emergency of international concern". The outbreak is "concentrated among men who have sex with men (MSMs), especially those with multiple sexual partners" and “98 per cent of infected people were gay or bisexual men.” https://www.channelnewsasia.com/world/who-chief- declares-monkeypox-global-health-emergency-2831241
    One study also found “strong new evidence that anal sex itself, although not necessarily ejaculation, is a major source of transmission.” https://www.nbcnews.com/nbc-out/out-health-and-wellness/monkeypox- driven-overwhelmingly-sex-men-major-study-finds-rcna39564
As monkeypox spreads through close skin-to-skin contact, there is potential for an outbreak of the virus beyond the currently affected demographic. How long will it be before it reaches a critical mass or if/when the virus mutates will it start spreading rapidly to the heterosexual demography?
Monkeypox aside, MSMs are disproportionately infected with HIV, STDs, anal cancers and other health detriments. While LGBTQ+ persons must be accepted in society, it would be detrimental to Singapore that anal sex be accepted as “normal” or “healthy”. The facts and harms associated with anal sex must be clearly articulated to society, particularly our young in schools.
Take smoking for example. Smokers are accepted in society but the facts and harms associated with smoking are clearly articulated in society. Smoking is discouraged (not normalised) and there are policies in place that restrict smoking. Imagine if our young are taught that smoking is “healthy” and “normal”!
“Homosexual acts... are significantly more injurious to health than smoking...How is it that there can be warning labels on cigarettes... yet no cautionary admonitions regarding homosexual practices?” (Robert Reilly. Making Gay Okay, 2015. Kindle: https://a.co/2lqnaUB)
Section 377A does not discriminate against “people” but against a “conduct” – gross indecency between men, like anal sex. Identity politics are irrelevant to the law. There are “straight men” who regularly have sex with other men. https://dearstraightpeople.com/2016/12/05/confession-i-am-straight-but-i-regularly- have-sex-with-other-men/
The existence of Section 377A, while not enforced as a political compromise, informs society that anal sex is neither normal nor healthy. The Ministry of Health needs to accurately inform the public of the risks involved instead of allowing the myth that it is “just as healthy” a sexual activity to perpetuate.
Repealing Section 377A, at this time, would be irresponsible and sends a signal that the incumbent government is not only not taking steps to curtail the normalisation of anal sex but also endorsing its normalisation to the detriment of the public health of Singapore. I cannot, in good conscience, support such a decision and would seriously question the wisdom of this government.

“59.3% of Singaporeans feel that “Homosexuality is never or seldom justifiable.” https://lkyspp.nus.edu.sg/docs/default-source/ips/ips-exchange-series-16.pdf
Repealing Section 377A sends a signal that the incumbent government is not only caving to the pressures and demands of LGBT activism but also neglecting the sentiments of the majority. I cannot, in good conscience, support such a decision and would seriously question the wisdom of this government.
** The list below is non-exhaustive given the ever increasing demands of LGBT activists.
3. Assisted Reproductive Technology (e.g Sperm Donors and Surrogacy) 4. Permitting “LGBT-Affirming Only” Mental Healthcare & Social Services 5. Ban All Forms of “Conversion Therapy”
7. Rectify IMDA Media Codes To Allow LGBTQ+ Content For Children 8. Taxpayer Subsidised Housing For “LGBTQ+ Families”
https://uprdoc.ohchr.org/uprweb/downloadfile.aspx?filename=8486&file=EnglishTranslation https://uprdoc.ohchr.org/uprweb/downloadfile.aspx?filename=8473&file=EnglishTranslation
LGBT activist, Finian Tan, said at the Ready4Repeal Townhall in 2018, “It’s not a slippery slope. It’s a series of steps and at each step, there is a locked gate, which requires the Executive to propose a change and Parliament to approve it before that gate is unlocked. So we are only asking for one - for the FIRST one.”
LGBT activist, Remy Choo, said at PinkDot this year, “If 377A is repealed, it's the beginning of a long road to equality, not the end."
In December 2021, PM Lee said Singapore will face challenges in future looking at the trend in many countries to legalise drugs for recreational use and how things could go "awry" despite best intentions to advocate for a "harm-reduction approach" to drugs. https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapore/future- challenges-drug-control-legalisation-trend-lee-hsien-loong-2363431
In March 2022, Minister Shanmugam stressed that the Death Penalty must stay as the floodgates will open once this deterrence against drug trafficking is gone. https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapore/no- doubts-death-penalty-right-policy-drug-trafficking-shanmugam-2776746
Where drugs are concerned, PM and Min Law recognise the slippery slope reality and have taken a firm position to protect our society from the dangers of that slippery slope.
With regards to thge slippery slope of the LGBT agenda, Singapore will not be spared the widespread consequences to society caused by LGBT activsm that we are now seeing in the west.

Repealing Section 377A will not only lead to a moral and cultural decline, but also a deeply fractured and divided society, as is the state of the United States of America. PM Lee warned in 2007, “Instead of forging a consensus, we will divide and polarise our society.”
UNTIL and UNLESS the PAP government has mounted tangible and adequate safeguards against the slippery slope of the LGBT agenda, repealing Section 377A will lead to a slew of adverse effects on society and future generations. (https://www.everthoughtofthat.com/#S377A)
Repealing Section 377A sends a signal that the incumbent government is not only not concerned about opening the floodgates of LGBTQ+ activism but also not concerned about protecting society (our families and our future generations) from the harmful social impact of LGBTQ+ ideologies. I cannot, in good conscience, support such a decision and would seriously question the wisdom of this government.
Thank you for hearing my concerns above. As a citizen, I have a duty to elect responsible leaders. I see the repeal of Section 377A, at this juncture, as a reckless move and irresponsible governance. This will impact how I will vote at the next elections.
     I strongly urge this government not to buckle to LGBT activism and endanger society by removing the “fence” standing between the floodgates of LGBTQ+ ideologies infiltrating our society and causing harm to our future generations, and tearing apart this nation.
Signatures collated via:

Does anyone think the MPs are interested to entertain such grudges that someone has?

Does anyone think the Ministers will waste much time on such submissions?

- Autoreply Message -

"Dear Sir or Madam,

We received your submission and acknowledge the receipt.

We will take between 5 to 15 days to reply to your request.

In certain circumstances, we will require more time to reply if your matter is complex or if we need more time to research on your matter.

In some instances, we will not reply at all.

Yours sincerely,

XXX (MP, Ministry of XX) "

Dear PAP Government,

Signatures collated via:

“Homosexual acts... are significantly more injurious to health than smoking...How is it that there can be
warning labels on cigarettes... yet no cautionary admonitions regarding homosexual practices?” (Robert
Reilly. Making Gay Okay, 2015. Kindle: https://a.co/2lqnaUB)

Oh, damn. Anal sex is more risky than smoking?

Does anal sex result in cancer?

Risks and causes

Your risk of developing anal cancer depends on many things, including age and lifestyle factors. Having HPV is the biggest risk factor for anal cancer. Most of us have HPV at some point during our life. But for most people it won't cause anal cancer. 

Anything that can increase your risk of cancer is called a risk factor. Those that lower the risk are called protective factors.

Having one or more risk factors doesn’t mean that you will definitely get anal cancer.

Human papilloma virus (HPV)

Men and women with HPV have an increased risk of developing anal cancer. Around 90 in 100 cases of anal cancer (around 90%) are linked to HPV infection. 

Your risk of developing anal cancer increases as you get older.

Around 25 out of 100 people (around 25%) diagnosed with anal cancer each year in the UK are aged 75 and over. But as anal cancer is a rare cancer the risk is still small.

Anal cancer is more common in women than men.

https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/anal-cancer/risks-causes

Edited by singalion

On 7/28/2022 at 5:10 PM, Guest Guest said:

LGBT activists will seek to shape public consciousness of what marriage is, and attempt to get parliament to enact gay marriage because they believe that homosexuals should have a right to marry.

Breach in defamation act? 

What is defamatory in that sentence?

Defamation must be connected to an individual person. Not a certain undefined group

Dear PAP Government,

Signatures collated via:

if you look at the whole post... the letter is full of this anti gay hate junk that you read everywhere.

All the buzzwords...

Anal Sex

attack to marriage

Slippery slope...

LGBT activism.

Just wonder whether the author of this letter is the same as that Counselor of HCI. 

I can see all the intestinal worms in his brain.... 😂

On 7/27/2022 at 11:19 PM, Guest Ming said:

Imagine if someone’s daughter married a man who loves only men and was merely forced by his parents to marry a girl, how much damage to both families

Huh? So heterosexual marriage should be banned too?

Strange the letter starts with monkeypox as indicator to have a ban on anal dex. Should a vaccine be found later, then how?

Also, about how giving in to LGBT activism tears the nation. Yo, what about an honour to our Pledge that we should stay as one united people..based on equality?

If you want to convert your child to heterosexuality, use logic not law.

Edited by auscent

Guest Guest
On 7/23/2022 at 8:57 PM, Guest Guest said:

https://lm.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmustsharenews.com%2Fprotect-377a-townhall%2F&h=AT3JXSrZGfyfB-adLCBafdmdKbabMZHWn13MGUkYH9ai305FYUgi2_Def0Sk8AftG6iJ9TKZdso0B2qXZ65OL5OVoh7rHamQMXZxUKt_6kux40WqPm-elm79dO3c0DdVVKSTA_LxYzuVW7sz12C8VA

Protect 377A Townhall Attracts Over 1,200 Attendees Who Want Govt To Preserve Traditional Marriages

Protect 377A Townhall Attracts Over 1,200 Attendees From All Walks Of Life

Just like the death penalty which has been garnering significant controversy, Section 377A of Singapore’s penal code is a polarising subject that divides many Singaporeans.

Though there are many who wish for its repeal, there are also those calling to preserve it.

Recently, some 1,200 individuals from the latter camp gathered for a ‘Protect Singapore Townhall’ in support of the preservation of 377A.

Dubbing members of the other camp as an “intolerant, vocal minority”, the organisers said they will no longer be silent.

Protect 377A townhall featured ex-LGBT members

On Saturday (22 Jul) afternoon, Mr Mohamed Khair and Mr Jason Wong – presumably the organisers of the event – took to Facebook to acknowledge the 1,200 Singaporeans who attended the event, which took place at an undisclosed location and date.

The crowd apparently comprised people from all walks of life, who gathered for the same agenda — to protect family, marriage, their freedom of conscience, and their children.

The pair shared that folks in favour of Section 377A have been “relatively restrained” by opposers whom they described as,

An intolerant, vocal minority that seeks to overturn the order in all areas of society.

Rather than engaging supporters “with good faith”, they claimed that those against 377A have been referring to them as “bigots” or “haters”.

Said they will no longer remain silent

Declaring that they “will be silent no more”, 377A supporters demonstrated their strength in numbers at the townhall.

They made their intentions clear, which is for the Government to maintain the status quo. To them, in order to do that, Section 377A must remain.

They did, however, mention a condition that could make its repeal possible, which is when:

[T]here are adequate safeguards for our marriages, families and freedom of conscience. This includes enshrining man-woman marriage in the constitution.

Mr Khair and Mr Wong expressed their happiness with the large turnout, which they said included over a dozen former members of the local LGBT community. These individuals apparently shared their experiences during the event.

Originally on an invite-only basis, the pair claimed that the event had an overwhelming response. Hundreds of people ended up on a waitlist and Eventbrite even allegedly removed their listing five days prior.

Calling on fellow Singaporeans to join their cause, Mr Wong and Mr Khair said that keen parties can contact them at protectsingaporetownhall@gmail.com.

Let’s engage in cordial discussions

Section 377A of our constitution will likely remain a touchy subject for the near future.

While it’s only natural for us to hold different views, it’s important not to let such issues divide our society. Rather than be at loggerheads with each other, we should have cordial discussions so we can arrive at a consensus.

Let’s hope that more constructive developments regarding this matter will emerge as time passes.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Just explain why does it bother people IF a same sex person decide to marry each other? WHY DOES IT BOTHER THESE PEOPLE? I hope all these people will have gay children someday in order to learn what empathy, inclusivity, compassion, and equality is. And for the "former LGBTIQ" people? I hope you stop kidding yourself and wank to gay porn secretly in the bathroom!!  

I just don’t understand those so-called religious people! 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

It is not as if LGBT are robbing from them or doing any harm to them. LGBT are just minding their own business including loving another of the same sex. 👬🧑‍🤝‍🧑 They DIE DIE want the government to criminalise LGBT!

So if 2 LGBT fell in love🥰🥰 and as a result got criminalised or punished, will those so-called religious people be very happy already? Rejoicing because somebody get punished for loving another? Will say Amen etc?? Only when people are force to a dead end 无路可走, then they will all be happy issit??🤮🤮🤮

What type of religion are those so-called religious people involving in??? Wow!

Guest Son of God
On 7/29/2022 at 10:00 AM, Zinc said:

I just don’t understand those so-called religious people! 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

It is not as if LGBT are robbing from them or doing any harm to them. LGBT are just minding their own business including loving another of the same sex. 👬🧑‍🤝‍🧑 They DIE DIE want the government to criminalise LGBT!

So if 2 LGBT fell in love🥰🥰 and as a result got criminalised or punished, will those so-called religious people be very happy already? Rejoicing because somebody get punished for loving another? Will say Amen etc?? Only when people are force to a dead end 无路可走, then they will all be happy issit??🤮🤮🤮

What type of religion are those so-called religious people involving in??? Wow!

You might be startled to learn that some LGBT persons are more familiar with Jesus than are Christians. Because of this, the majority of those who are anti-LGBT are phony, deranged Christians who use the cover of religion to incite hatred and war against those they perceive as intelligent rivals and nothing more.

We will be silent no more too! who say the child from both dad / or both mum, or single dad or single mum is not a family ?  U all who insist family must be only by 1 m /1 f really don’t deserve any respect seriously!  Basic human being respect and understanding hello . whoever organized this event I despise u .

I don’t know much but this is what I think. 

As if lgbtq community actually doing anything to jeopardise marriage or families. Hell, some are actually trying to start their own families or marry as well, why they wanna jeopardise the order of the very thing they want?

• G_M changed the title to Singapore's LGBTQ & Section 377A Discussion (compiled)
Guest Prophet

After 377A is repealed, straight guys would suddenly want to find out how cock tastes like, just as gays would suddenly try vag. Married couples would file for divorce and go for same-sex. This phenomenon only happens here, cos nowhere else are the people as stupid, lost or misguided. Blessedly a group of very wise men came forward to save this country with a Protect Singapore Townhall. Hallelujah!!!

On 7/30/2022 at 2:42 AM, Guest Prophet said:

After 377A is repealed, straight guys would suddenly want to find out how cock tastes like, just as gays would suddenly try vag. Married couples would file for divorce and go for same-sex. This phenomenon only happens here, cos nowhere else are the people as stupid, lost or misguided. Blessedly a group of very wise men came forward to save this country with a Protect Singapore Townhall. Hallelujah!!!

93% of straight males don't get aroused by thinking of homosexual sex or dicks.

Homosexuality is not interchangeable.

=> 93 % of straight guys are not inclined to taste any cock.

Your idea is quite hypothetical...

On 7/30/2022 at 5:27 PM, Sizzler said:

I just had an interesting thought ... Repealing 377A / allowing gay marriage may suddenly seem like a godsend to these town hall idiots if the government decided to promote polygamy instead. Now that (polygamy) would be a real threat to current mainstream values and family ties. But it could also solve the population growth problem 

In my personal opinion it is futile in trying to argue with these townhall guys.

They have their preconceived ideas and nobody will convince them at all. Not one inch.

Their motives might be different, the background why they reject gays also.

I assume it is wasted energy to trying to convince them of anything different.

Their arguments are very weak also. Not worth to spend any thought.

I don't think the Ministers or MP's would find their arguments persuasive.

If the Government doesn't interfere into consensual straight sex, whether anal, vaginal, oral or otherwise, why should they into homosexual consensual sex?

Do gays really pose any danger to society?

I doubt so.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapore/377a-government-looking-how-safeguard-legal-position-marriage-k-shanmugam-2846946

But the minister stressed that authorities “will step in if there is any incitement and attacks or running down of any groups by either side".

This is rubbish of cos. Try saying the same thing about religionists what they said about us daily. They have laws protecting them, we have laws doing the opposite.

“These matters really ought to be discussed in Parliament, and decided in Parliament, and not decided in the courts.”

How to decide? Will there be a vote? Will the ruling party MPs toe the line, no doubt under great pressure from their "concerned" constituents?

A national referendum?

What about the opposition's view? WP is not known as PAP Lite for nothing.

Guest Garbage Motherthood
On 7/30/2022 at 7:31 PM, StockBottom said:

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapore/377a-government-looking-how-safeguard-legal-position-marriage-k-shanmugam-2846946

But the minister stressed that authorities “will step in if there is any incitement and attacks or running down of any groups by either side".

The need to put words onto paper to show sincerity.  Otherwise mere talking is pure RUBBISH!

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/community/singapore-catholic-church-says-marriage-is-between-man-and-woman-but-it-respects-dignity-of-lgbtq-people

I wonder if I'm dignyfying straights times by giving a response to more of their crap articles.

So i din bother to read, and not because TLDR.

Anyone care enough to explain their convoluted mental gymnastics?

Edited by Spugnatura

On 7/31/2022 at 10:38 AM, Spugnatura said:

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/community/singapore-catholic-church-says-marriage-is-between-man-and-woman-but-it-respects-dignity-of-lgbtq-people

I wonder if I'm dignyfying straights times by giving a response to more of their crap articles.

So i din bother to read, and not because TLDR.

Anyone care enough to explain their convoluted mental gymnastics?

The article you quoted is indeed full of contradictions.  I think that this is not their intent to preach falsities,  but it is the difficult position they are in trying to reconciliate their traditional dogmas that condemn homosexuality with the ever stronger modern perception that there is nothing wrong with it.    So the compromise they propose is that LGBTQ people deserve dignity and respect as long as they renounce to their natural inclinations,  even if these inclinations don't victimize anyone.

They write: 

In response to media queries, the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Singapore on Sunday (July 31) said LGBTQ people should also respect the Church's rights to maintain its position on marriage and that the family unit comprises a father, mother and their children.

It said: "The fruitfulness of marriage also necessitates that marriage must be open to procreation."

The Catholic church today will marry a sterile man with a woman who had a hysterectomy without any questions or issues about their lack of ability to procreate.  This plainly contradicts the statement by the Singapore Archdiocese.   Also, the alleged directive of God to the early humans "go and multiply"  is from a time when there were very few humans around.  It cannot stand today when the overpopulation of 8 billion humans is busting at its seams.

Marriage should be between TWO PEOPLE  who love each other and want to spend their life together.  Procreation should not be an issue!

• G_M changed the title to Singapore's LGBTQ News & Section 377A Discussion (compiled)

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapore/lgbtq-section-377a-oogachaga-pink-dot-marriage-womens-charter-church-2849591

LGBTQ community unlikely to 'seek same-sex marriage or to redefine families', should 377A be repealed

Firstly, who represents the LGBT community? Did we vote for a representative? Did we decide on what to seek or not seek?

Secondly, for those so inclined, it's important to have legal recognition or protection, esp with respect to partnership, housing, finance, inheritance, children, life and death issues, ...

Quote from that article:

While APCCS agreed that LGBTQ individuals should be able to live their lives free from the fear of harassment, it also said that it supports the retaining of Section 377A "until and unless sufficient safeguards and policies are in place across all affected ministries”.

The Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Singapore also said on Sunday that its concern is for marriage to remain between a man and woman, should 377A be repealed.

"The fruitfulness of marriage also necessitates that marriage must be open to procreation," it said.

The Archdiocese said it supports the Government’s clear articulation of its position on marriage, and is assured that Singapore is looking at safeguarding the current position of the law.

Not sure what this talk about marriage and 377A is about?

The real reason for having 377A was to enable / foster straight marriage and procreation?

What does the discriminalisation of male homosexuality has to do with marriage?

The amount of gays and gay sex does not prevent straight people to marry?

Does decriminalised male gay sex diminish h the procreation of married straight couples in Singapore?

Is homosexuality a threat to straight marriage and straights procreating?

Is there any legal link that decriminalising gay sex would impact marriage or would result in a right for gays to seek "gay" marriage also?

Further, how does the gay marriage impact straights to marry?

Would 100 male to male marriages affect straight couples to marry? Would they reduce the amount of straight marriages?

Can someone tell me what this is all about?

I am a bit lost with that reasoning?

Since when was 377A the bulwark against procreation and straight marriages???

Is it some face saving measure by the Government to sell the repeal of 377A?

Edited by singalion

Well said. Whose definition of marriage should we enshrine in the constitution?

1 man 1 woman? 1 man 4 women? 1 man 1 wife and many 妾? 1 woman many men (polyandry)?

https://www.straitstimes.com/opinion/forum/forum-religious-beliefs-should-not-dictate-laws-relating-to-lgbtq-matters

Forum: Religious beliefs should not dictate laws relating to LGBTQ matters

Published

11 Hours Ago

The Catholic Church in Singapore has reiterated its position on marriage and called upon the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer (LGBTQ) community to respect the Church's rights to do so (Catholic Church reiterates stance on marriage, says it respects dignity of LGBTQ community, Aug 1).

I have no doubt that the majority of the LGBTQ community and its allies do not take issue with religious groups maintaining and preaching their beliefs within their religious circles.

Where the disagreement lies is in whether religious groups should be allowed to dictate the laws in a secular state.

For instance, the Catholic Church has expressed its concern for marriage between a man and a woman to be safeguarded, and has called for this position to perhaps be enshrined in the Constitution.

But whether or not same-sex marriage is allowed legally in Singapore has no logical bearing on whether the Church is allowed to maintain its religious position on marriage, given the separation of state and religion in Singapore.

Even if the legal definition of marriage as being between a man and a woman were revised, it would not stop any religious group from refusing to recognise same-sex marriage within their religious institution.

They would also remain free to preach their beliefs about marriage to their believers and discourage same-sex marriage within their religious circle.

Just as the Church asks for the LGBTQ community to respect its religious stance, it should also respect the boundaries in a secular state and not try to impose its beliefs on non-believers.

Leslie Lee

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.