Jump to content
Male HQ

Singapore's LGBTQ News & Section 377A Discussion (compiled)


groyn88
 Share

Recommended Posts

Guest humanity
On 10/3/2018 at 3:00 PM, Guest overrated said:

As to my knowledge the Christian bible (new testimony) does not refer to homosexuality too. It is just the Old Testimony (the Jewish bible).

 

We can put up a discussion forum here to discuss religious matters and facets of religions speaking about homosexuality.

 

But my main point is still that the whole issue should not be discussed under a religious angle at all.

 

It is a matter of human rights and a secular topic.

 

I dislike if people here are trying to play out one religion against another.

 

We can discuss as well the big disadvantages of Buddhism as we can discuss with all other religions. this does only lead into a dead end road. Therefore, better we just cease to discuss from a religious angle on this topic.

 

 

 

Maybe you should reread these verses from the New Testament bible referred to here,   

 

 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexuality_in_the_New_Testament

 

 

then you can say for sure, 

As to my knowledge the Christian bible (new testimony) does not refer to homosexuality too. It is just the Old Testimony (the Jewish bible).

 

 

But to my understanding, it sort of contradicts what you say .

Am I right >?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Guest humanity said:

Maybe you should reread these verses from the New Testament bible referred to here,   

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexuality_in_the_New_Testament

 

then you can say for sure, 

As to my knowledge the Christian bible (new testimony) does not refer to homosexuality too. It is just the Old Testimony (the Jewish bible).

 

But to my understanding, it sort of contradicts what you say .

Am I right >?

 

 

Galatians 3:28 (NIV) also says: "There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus."

 

No male and female, how to be homosexual? :)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Guest humanist said:

 

Actually for those of us who comes from the middle kingdom, we have been thought since young to recite, 

this

 

人之初,性本善。

ren zhi chu, xing ben shan.

 

meaning a human's early original born innate self is pure, good , kind, friendly, holy, pure.

 

versus the predominantly western judeo christian concept of humans are born sinners , no if or buts. That we carried the sins of Adam, right from the beginning.

 

Then from there, a whole cornucopia of religious teaching of that religion have to come up with verses to support and push up this premise .

 

This is the big fundamental difference.

 

But from natural observation babies are born innocent, pure, good , kind , friendly, holy , pure......

 

you cannot deny this....

 

Interesting fundamental difference!  

 

It defies any sense that we humans are born with the "original sin".  If we have such an imperfection,...  why hasn't the Abrahamic creator God made a revision of our genes to correct the imperfection???  Like if Ford finds a basic flaw in the design of its cars it will issue a recall,  OR he bears the responsibility of the damages from the flaw.  But the Abrahamic God seems to reject any responsibility... and get away with it!

 

Have you ever had a child?  Babies born innocent, pure, good, kind, friendly, holy, pure... ?

I remember when my son was a baby he was a brat, moody, constantly pooped and... even revengeful when he scratched by brand new car because he was angry over something.  But I will say in defense of the babies that their bad attitudes may be their reaction towards this ugly world they are born into. From our first breath we face the pain, suffering, injustice that we living creatures are cursed with.  (but there are some good days too :)

.

Edited by Steve Temp
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest My hips dont shimmy
3 hours ago, Cube3 said:

 

Galatians 3:28 (NIV) also says: "There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus."

 

No male and female, how to be homosexual? :)

 

 

The way you interpret the bible verse above sure to fail bible college one.

 

SURELY, it was mentioning spiritually , as in the spirit and not bodily, there is neither Jew or Gentile, 

 

FAITH , is the focus here, not gender identity or sexuality. 

 

AM i correct.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest My hips dont shimmy
2 hours ago, Steve Temp said:

 

Interesting fundamental difference!  

 

It defies any sense that we humans are born with the "original sin".  If we have such an imperfection,...  why hasn't the Abrahamic creator God made a revision of our genes to correct the imperfection???  Like if Ford finds a basic flaw in the design of its cars it will issue a recall,  OR he bears the responsibility of the damages from the flaw.  But the Abrahamic God seems to reject any responsibility... and get away with it!

 

Have you ever had a child?  Babies born innocent, pure, good, kind, friendly, holy, pure... ?

I remember when my son was a baby he was a brat, moody, constantly pooped and... even revengeful when he scratched by brand new car because he was angry over something.  But I will say in defense of the babies that their bad attitudes may be their reaction towards this ugly world they are born into. From our first breath we face the pain, suffering, injustice that we living creatures are cursed with.  (but there are some good days too :)

.

 

That is why, the world existing away from the Abrahamic religions, the judeo christian world and the middle earth, and colonies of Spain, The New World and Old country. 

 

WE in the exotic east exist from old ancient time without the tyranny of that God concept, just for a moment take away the God concept, then we see the world as Buddha describe it, 

 

 

LIFE IS SUFFERING, SUFFERING EXIST FOR ALL BEINGS, SENTIENT BEINGS, HUMANS AND ALL CREATURES SUFFER FROM BIRTH, GETTING OLDER, GETTING SICK, SUFFER IN DEATH TOO.

 

THE above is Buddha 's fundamental teaching. LIFE IS SUFFERING.

 

And Buddha offers a way for cessation of suffering.

 

SUFFERING happens to everyone X'tian, Jew , no one is free frim mental anguish, 

 

If there is a divine being, all powerful , all knowing, why does it allow the world to suffer , and it dies nothing , when it it said it is full of love, all forgiving, but it was never mentioned all compassion. 

 

No compassion leads to no motivation to alleviate human suffering . 

 

Another difference of Eastern and Western , basic beliefs.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Guest My hips dont shimmy said:

FAITH , is the focus here, not gender identity or sexuality. 

AM i correct.

 

Everyone can see when you try to change topic with distracting posts,  muddy the waters of a discussion. Let's repeat the verse:

 

Galatians 3:28 (NIV) also says: "There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus."

No male and female, how to be homosexual? :)

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Guest My hips dont shimmy said:

 

That is why, the world existing away from the Abrahamic religions, the judeo christian world and the middle earth, and colonies of Spain, The New World and Old country. 

 

WE in the exotic east exist from old ancient time without the tyranny of that God concept, just for a moment take away the God concept, then we see the world as Buddha describe it, 

 

 

LIFE IS SUFFERING, SUFFERING EXIST FOR ALL BEINGS, SENTIENT BEINGS, HUMANS AND ALL CREATURES SUFFER FROM BIRTH, GETTING OLDER, GETTING SICK, SUFFER IN DEATH TOO.

 

THE above is Buddha 's fundamental teaching. LIFE IS SUFFERING.

 

And Buddha offers a way for cessation of suffering.

 

SUFFERING happens to everyone X'tian, Jew , no one is free frim mental anguish, 

 

If there is a divine being, all powerful , all knowing, why does it allow the world to suffer , and it dies nothing , when it it said it is full of love, all forgiving, but it was never mentioned all compassion. 

 

No compassion leads to no motivation to alleviate human suffering . 

 

Another difference of Eastern and Western , basic beliefs.

 

 

But some ancient controlling people wants to give people the impression that everybody must be very very grateful for having being "Created" by their god.  That life is a bed of beautiful, highly aromatic roses, free from all pains and sufferings.  Hence we must all be very grateful to their "god" for creating us and surrender our lives to their god.  Thus gaining the ability to enslaving and control an entire population to their wimps through their "god".  If people have eyes, they can see for themselves all the sufferings to and around them from birth till death, happiness and joy only comes about through much efforts to overcome the default sufferings of life.  And break away from the psychological bondage placed upon them by the zealot created Abrahamic "god"

 

Edited by Fit4Masc
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Nightingale said:

 

Yes, be very grateful for creating us and yet we must overlook the natural disasters like earthquakes, floods, tsunamis, floods, drought, typhoons, volcanic eruptions etc. which have taken and will take  many lives, as if these were not created by god/gods.  We are very good at self deception.

 

They have an answer for everything, and for this they say:  "we cannot possibly know the mysterious ways of God".

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Guest My hips dont shimmy said:

No compassion leads to no motivation to alleviate human suffering . 

 

Buddhist compassion is to help one to reduce attachment and ultimately get enlightened.  That is the way to cease suffering.  Not to give one what one craves for to "release tension", the exact opposite.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Fit4Masc said:

But some ancient controlling people wants to give people the impression that everybody must be very very grateful for having being "Created" by their god.  That life is a bed of beautiful, highly aromatic roses, free from all pains and sufferings.  Hence we must all be very grateful to their "god" for creating us and surrender our lives to their god.  Thus gaining the ability to enslaving and control an entire population to their wimps through their "god".  If people have eyes, they can see for themselves all the sufferings to and around them from birth till death, happiness and joy only comes about through much efforts to overcome the default sufferings of life.  And break away from the psychological bondage placed upon them by the zealot created Abrahamic "god"

 

 

Yes, this "gratitude" is totally unfounded.  They exploit the feeling that "thank god I'm still alive and didn't die".  But perhaps death, or non-existence, is the best option.

Buddhism is right in that suffering is the common element throughout life.  But Buddhism also cannot go beyond being a speculation. It is nice to believe in karma and reincarnation, but an investment in the eightfold path may only pay dividends during the current life on earth. Beyond that, we still don't know.

These days I play with the idea that our spirit, our soul is an evolved control unit for an evolved  body that by some possibility of nature has the property of being alive and able to reproduce.  Maybe "alive" is some state matter can take in ways we don't understand.  This simplifies things, because after our lifetime is over, it doesn't matter what our life was since we return to an eternal non-existence.  This is not a positive speculation, but in nature our positives or negatives may be irrelevant.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

“The Hindu Hub encourages an active social discussion over an extended period of time towards the direction of repealing the 377a, instead of reacting to geo-political events related to 377a. This will allow us, as a nation, to prepare for change as well as anticipate and plan for the consequences of this change if it happens. Conversations are what is needed most, instead of quick decisions.”

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Guest GoneD said:

 

Buddhist compassion is to help one to reduce attachment and ultimately get enlightened.  That is the way to cease suffering.  Not to give one what one craves for to "release tension", the exact opposite.

 

This non attachment is something purely spiritual?  Because the physical pain and illness of the body is difficult to detach from.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Steve Temp said:

 

This non attachment is something purely spiritual?  Because the physical pain and illness of the body is difficult to detach from.

 

Nope.  Non-attachment mean just that.  It can be very coarse like attach to drinking.  And at a finer level, if you dwell on a thought, that's attachment or attach to this body as your real self. 

If you keen to know, you have to attend buddhist courses or learn online.  Nowaday, there are many video by great masters.  You have to find one that suit your nature.

I have roughly read some of your previous post.  I think you will have a different view of buddhism if you spend some time to find out more.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest humanist

 

WE are born as pure, unpolluted humans first,  right from the first cry of the baby  ,  homo sapiens pure and simple , 

 

religion came in much later ,  its when the adult or parent  of the child starts  to think for the child, starts to pollute the pure child's mind with religious dogmas,  routines and faith based believes. And commands the child what to believe, if religion is real , it should on its own come naturally to the child, but instead there is always indoctrination.

 

 

We are all human first, we are pure in the beginning, we are who we are, humans first, religion came much much later,

 

Religion is not natural, its unnatural, if we are not defiled by religion , we will all be wondering why other people are so different from us, we are naturally curious about other people, its religion who teaches some people are above others,  many wars were fought in the name of religion.

 

Yet , some people want to associate the word PEACE with Religion , hey check the world history out. 

 

Wars were being fought in the name of religion.

 

Don't forget your humanity, we are humans first, religion came much much later, usually in the late teens........

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest gal 3.28
10 hours ago, Cube3 said:

 

Everyone can see when you try to change topic with distracting posts,  muddy the waters of a discussion. Let's repeat the verse:

 

Galatians 3:28 (NIV) also says: "There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus."

No male and female, how to be homosexual? :)

 

 

 

http://www.bibleviews.com/gal-3-28.html

 

https://www.studylight.org/commentary/galatians/3-28.html

 

 

 

 

There is neither male nor female - Neither the male nor the female have any special advantages for salvation. There are no favors shown on account of sex. Both sexes are, in this respect, on a level. This does not mean, of course, that the sexes are to be regarded as in all respects equal; nor can it mean that the two sexes may not have special duties and privileges in other respects. It does not prove that one of the sexes may not perform important offices in the church, which would not be proper for the other. It does not prove that the duties of the ministry are to be performed by the female sex, nor that the various duties of domestic life, nor the various offices of society, should be performed without any reference to the distinction of sex. The interpretation should be confined to the matter under consideration; and the passage proves only that in regard to salvation they are on a level.

One sex is not to be regarded as the special favorite of heaven, and the other to be excluded. Christianity thus elevates the female sex to an equality with the male, on the most important of all interests; and it has in this way made most important changes in the world wherever it has prevailed. Everywhere but in connection with the Christian religion, woman has been degraded. She has been kept in ignorance. She has been treated as an inferior in all respects. She has been doomed to unpitied drudgery, and ignorance, and toil. So she was among the ancient Greeks and Romans; so she is among the savages of America; so she is in China, and India, and in the islands of the sea; so she is regarded in the Koran, and in all Muslim countries. It is Christianity alone which has elevated her; and nowhere on earth does man regard the mother of his children as an intelligent companion and friend, except where the influence of the Christian religion has been felt. At the communion table, at the foot of the cross, and in the hopes of heaven, she is on a level with man; and this fact diffuses a mild, and purifying, and elevating influence over all the relations of life. Woman has been raised from deep degradation by the influence of Christianity; and, let me add, she has everywhere acknowledged the debt of gratitude, and devoted herself, as under a deep sense of obligation, to lessening the burdens of humanity, and to the work of elevating the degraded, instructing the ignorant, and comforting the afflicted, all over the world. Never has a debt been better repaid, or the advantages of elevating one portion of the race been more apparent.

 

It was always spiritual , baby

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Guest humanist said:

 

WE are born as pure, unpolluted humans first,  right from the first cry of the baby  ,  homo sapiens pure and simple , 

 

religion came in much later ,  its when the adult or parent  of the child starts  to think for the child, starts to pollute the pure child's mind with religious dogmas,  routines and faith based believes. And commands the child what to believe, if religion is real , it should on its own come naturally to the child, but instead there is always indoctrination.

 

 

We are all human first, we are pure in the beginning, we are who we are, humans first, religion came much much later,

 

Religion is not natural, its unnatural, if we are not defiled by religion , we will all be wondering why other people are so different from us, we are naturally curious about other people, its religion who teaches some people are above others,  many wars were fought in the name of religion.

 

Yet , some people want to associate the word PEACE with Religion , hey check the world history out. 

 

Wars were being fought in the name of religion.

 

Don't forget your humanity, we are humans first, religion came much much later, usually in the late teens........

 

I'm curious.  Is this a belief or based on proven facts ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest humanist
1 hour ago, Guest GoneD said:

 

I'm curious.  Is this a belief or based on proven facts ?

 

Is religion scientific , based on fact proven. No .

 

Religion is always anecdotal.  it always relies ones  own experience and then that anecdotal experience is presented as testimony for the power of God.

 

Get it ? Religion is not scientific and cannot set up an experiment to show the evidence repeats itself under the same conditions. It will always be one off experience and anecdotal.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Why repeal ah? For what? What do we want to achieve out of the repeal? Sense of pride? Sense of belonging? Recognition? Since when did anyone get Recognition from sexuality? Freedom? Freedom is a lie... 

Quit bringing god or religion into the subject it just bring about more confusion and unnecessary debate, because GOD is different to different person. It is us humans that complicates and bring our prejudices into everything.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Guest gal 3.28 said:

Quoted:

 

There is neither male nor female - Neither the male nor the female have any special advantages for salvation. There are no favors shown on account of sex. Both sexes are, in this respect, on a level. This does not mean, of course, that the sexes are to be regarded as in all respects equal; nor can it mean that the two sexes may not have special duties and privileges in other respects. It does not prove that one of the sexes may not perform important offices in the church, which would not be proper for the other. It does not prove that the duties of the ministry are to be performed by the female sex, nor that the various duties of domestic life, nor the various offices of society, should be performed without any reference to the distinction of sex. The interpretation should be confined to the matter under consideration; and the passage proves only that in regard to salvation they are on a level.

One sex is not to be regarded as the special favorite of heaven, and the other to be excluded. Christianity thus elevates the female sex to an equality with the male, on the most important of all interests; and it has in this way made most important changes in the world wherever it has prevailed. Everywhere but in connection with the Christian religion, woman has been degraded. She has been kept in ignorance. She has been treated as an inferior in all respects. She has been doomed to unpitied drudgery, and ignorance, and toil. So she was among the ancient Greeks and Romans; so she is among the savages of America; so she is in China, and India, and in the islands of the sea; so she is regarded in the Koran, and in all Muslim countries. It is Christianity alone which has elevated her; and nowhere on earth does man regard the mother of his children as an intelligent companion and friend, except where the influence of the Christian religion has been felt. At the communion table, at the foot of the cross, and in the hopes of heaven, she is on a level with man; and this fact diffuses a mild, and purifying, and elevating influence over all the relations of life. Woman has been raised from deep degradation by the influence of Christianity; and, let me add, she has everywhere acknowledged the debt of gratitude, and devoted herself, as under a deep sense of obligation, to lessening the burdens of humanity, and to the work of elevating the degraded, instructing the ignorant, and comforting the afflicted, all over the world. Never has a debt been better repaid, or the advantages of elevating one portion of the race been more apparent.

 

It was always spiritual , baby

 

 

Does it say that only in Christianity are women not degraded?  But in Catholicism they are still degraded. Women cannot serve as priests, and there is no rationale for this.   It is easy for the religion to say that they will be equals in heaven, and have equal salvation as men.  Since heaven is a speculation, it is easy to promise anything in heaven.  What counts is how women are treated by the Church HERE ON EARTH,  and the Church is still discriminatory.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Guest humanist said:

 

Is religion scientific , based on fact proven. No .

 

Religion is always anecdotal.  it always relies ones  own experience and then that anecdotal experience is presented as testimony for the power of God.

 

Get it ? Religion is not scientific and cannot set up an experiment to show the evidence repeats itself under the same conditions. It will always be one off experience and anecdotal.

 

There is more questionable in religion than its lack of evidence.  Many anecdotes are easy to believe without solid proof.

Basic religious teachings go against nature as we know it.   What is the "supernatural" but that what is not natural?

Why should we believe that Jesus walked on water and resurrected three days after death?

Why should we believe that we reincarnate  carrying with us a registry of our deeds?

Why should we believe that a supernatural declares  homosexuality evil, and therefore 377A is justified?

These ideas come to us through hearsay, not from believable personal experience. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Guest humanist said:

 

Is religion scientific , based on fact proven. No .

 

Religion is always anecdotal.  it always relies ones  own experience and then that anecdotal experience is presented as testimony for the power of God.

 

Get it ? Religion is not scientific and cannot set up an experiment to show the evidence repeats itself under the same conditions. It will always be one off experience and anecdotal.

 

You know that science is moving closer to Buddhism ?  Go and learn Quantum Gravity.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thio Li-ann has basically admitted that 377A is discriminatory against lgbts, and that these followers of the religious lifestyle are the ones who are actively and religiously discriminating against lgbts and are fighting to maintain the rights to continue to discriminate against lgbts.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Guest gal 3.28 said:

There is neither male nor female - Neither the male nor the female have any special advantages for salvation. There are no favors shown on account of sex. Both sexes are, in this respect, on a level. This does not mean, of course, that the sexes are to be regarded as in all respects equal; nor can it mean that the two sexes may not have special duties and privileges in other respects. It does not prove that one of the sexes may not perform important offices in the church, which would not be proper for the other. It does not prove that the duties of the ministry are to be performed by the female sex, nor that the various duties of domestic life, nor the various offices of society, should be performed without any reference to the distinction of sex. The interpretation should be confined to the matter under consideration; and the passage proves only that in regard to salvation they are on a level.

One sex is not to be regarded as the special favorite of heaven, and the other to be excluded. Christianity thus elevates the female sex to an equality with the male, on the most important of all interests; and it has in this way made most important changes in the world wherever it has prevailed. Everywhere but in connection with the Christian religion, woman has been degraded. She has been kept in ignorance. She has been treated as an inferior in all respects. She has been doomed to unpitied drudgery, and ignorance, and toil. So she was among the ancient Greeks and Romans; so she is among the savages of America; so she is in China, and India, and in the islands of the sea; so she is regarded in the Koran, and in all Muslim countries. It is Christianity alone which has elevated her; and nowhere on earth does man regard the mother of his children as an intelligent companion and friend, except where the influence of the Christian religion has been felt. At the communion table, at the foot of the cross, and in the hopes of heaven, she is on a level with man; and this fact diffuses a mild, and purifying, and elevating influence over all the relations of life. Woman has been raised from deep degradation by the influence of Christianity; and, let me add, she has everywhere acknowledged the debt of gratitude, and devoted herself, as under a deep sense of obligation, to lessening the burdens of humanity, and to the work of elevating the degraded, instructing the ignorant, and comforting the afflicted, all over the world. Never has a debt been better repaid, or the advantages of elevating one portion of the race been more apparent.

 

It was always spiritual , baby

 

 

Galatians 3:28 (NIV): "There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus."

 

The verse doesn't say, there is no advantage to male or female. It says, there is "no". Why? Because the verse is, as you have noted, about EQUALITY. In the eyes of Christ, Jews are no different from Gentiles (and I would assume you are one); slaves are no different from non-slaves; males are no different from females.

 

If Jesus treats everyone equally, why don't you?

 

Edited by Cube3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Guest GoneD said:

 

You know that science is moving closer to Buddhism ?  Go and learn Quantum Gravity.  

 

You mean Quantum Physics. 

There is a "Quantum Buddhism" that brings out some similarities in the philosophical aspects of quantum physics and Buddhist "emptiness". 

But science still has no proof of karma and reincarnation :(

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest louis gucci versace
12 hours ago, Vometra said:

Thio Li-ann has basically admitted that 377A is discriminatory against lgbts, and that these followers of the religious lifestyle are the ones who are actively and religiously discriminating against lgbts and are fighting to maintain the rights to continue to discriminate against lgbts.

 

ooopps the tea is spilled ^

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest big nin nin
4 hours ago, Steve Temp said:

 

You mean Quantum Physics. 

There is a "Quantum Buddhism" that brings out some similarities in the philosophical aspects of quantum physics and Buddhist "emptiness". 

But science still has no proof of karma and reincarnation :(

 

There you go again Steve , your quackery is slick.

 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Steve Temp said:

 

You mean Quantum Physics. 

There is a "Quantum Buddhism" that brings out some similarities in the philosophical aspects of quantum physics and Buddhist "emptiness". 

But science still has no proof of karma and reincarnation :(

 

Quantum Gravity not Quantum Physics.  I think you should be more open minded and also learn more about religions before making such definitive statements regarding religions.

You have a long way to go.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Guest GoneD said:

 

Quantum Gravity not Quantum Physics.  I think you should be more open minded and also learn more about religions before making such definitive statements regarding religions.

You have a long way to go.

 

I have some way to go, but I have come a long way.  I started learning about religion nearly 70 years ago...

 

What is your dealing with quantum GRAVITY?  Do you have any serious reference that could explain how quantum gravity could have anything to do with the subjects we are discussing here?  And it is still questionable how much "quantum" there is in gravity...

.

Edited by Steve Temp
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Steve Temp said:

 

I have some way to go, but I have come a long way.  I started learning about religion nearly 70 years ago...

 

What is your dealing with quantum GRAVITY?  Do you have any serious reference that could explain how quantum gravity could have anything to do with the subjects we are discussing here?

 

Mr.  Go learn.  Don't need to nanny you.  A little knowledge is a dangerous thing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Guest GoneD said:

 

Mr.  Go learn.  Don't need to nanny you.  A little knowledge is a dangerous thing.

 

Mr. GoneD,  you are pure bashing and no substance.  What do YOU know?  Why don't you answer my question above?  What DO you know of quantum gravity that is so great ??

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Steve Temp said:

 

Mr. GoneD,  you are pure bashing and no substance.  What do YOU know?  Why don't you answer my question above?  What DO you know of quantum gravity that is so great ??

 

Ya, I'm not great.  I'm not ignorant (like you) and loud mouth either.  Good night !

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Guest GoneD said:

 

Ya, I'm not great.  I'm not ignorant (like you) and loud mouth either.  Good night !

 

I meant quantum gravity being great,  not you being great. 

If you are not great, this is fine and not relevant.

If you were not ignorant you would continue the conversation instead of making a retreat.

But don't worry,  we are all more ignorant than not.  :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Steve Temp said:

 

I meant quantum gravity being great,  not you being great. 

If you are not great, this is fine and not relevant.

If you were not ignorant you would continue the conversation instead of making a retreat.

But don't worry,  we are all more ignorant than not.  :)

 

I'm retreating to leave you space for some face saving.  Ignorant, loud mouth and stupid.  Go upgrade your brain.  Please.  GOOD NIGHT !

 

PS:  If I were you, I will quickly go read up.  Still want me to explain, as if I invented the science.  Hint: it's after String Theory.  The latest.  And go learn more about religion before spilling your ignorance online.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Given Up Singapore. Bye!

The number of people who rejected the repealing of S377A goes to show the incapablility for one human to accept another as a human beings.  Our society is rotten, beyond repair, by all these people who came out to stop the repealing of S377A,   There is no love in Singapore, there is no civility in Singapore, there is no justice in Singapore, there is no true leadership in Singapore, there is no equality in Singapore, there is no human intelligence in this country and it is not worth my time, not worth me defending it and all the people who live in it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Nightingale said:

Very disappointing to read this piece of news from the major Chinese newspaper early in the morning:

认为会导致礼崩乐坏南洋孔教会会长反对废除第377A

https://www.zaobao.com.sg/news/singapore/story20181008-897203

郭文龙在孔子2569周年诞辰暨南洋孔教会104周年会庆晚宴上表态,认为一旦废除377A条文,将会为同性婚姻合法化的可能性打开方便大门,因而呼吁大家不可不警惕。

在庆祝孔子2569周年诞辰之际,南洋孔教会会长郭文龙对我国是否应该废除刑事法典第377A节条文表态。他认为同性间的性行为是违反自然、违反天理和违反人道的,因此反对废除这一条文。一群主张废除377A条文的工种,在收集了近5万个签名后于上个月28日把请愿书提成给内政部和律政部。签名者中包括巡回大使许通美,前资深外交官马凯硕,前总检察长温长明,悦容控股执行主席何光平和妻子张齐娥,以及大华银行前主席谢福华等各界人士。

 

郭文龙表达了担忧。他认为一旦废除377A条文,将会为同性婚姻合法化的可能性打开方便大门,因而呼吁大家不可不警惕。他说:“现代人的危机是放大自由与人权的诉求,打着自由与人权的大旗就可以合法地以自我为中心,我行我素,放纵放任,不受任何法律和道德规范的约束。这是对自由和人权的滥用。”他反对的理由包括同性间的性行为是“非正常,非礼,不符合社会秩序和道德伦理,会导致礼崩乐坏”等。他相信传宗接代,生殖繁衍。是地球所有物种天然的,神圣的使命和本能,是宇宙自然界的法则。

 

不过郭文龙也表示,对于那些生理和心理因素而有同性恋倾向的人,人们要给予应有的同情与包容,不应给予过多压力。他强调:“当人们守护好传统文化时,社会就会稳定和谐,当人们否定和抛弃传统文化时,社会就会礼崩乐坏,动荡不安。”

 

Translation:

Singapore Nanyang Confucian Association  President  Opposes  Repealing  Article 377A

as  it  would  “Disintegrate  Propriety  &  Decorum”

On the 2569th birthday of Confucius and the 104th Anniversary Dinner of the Nanyang Confucian Association, Guo Wenlong states that abolishing Article 377A would open the door to the possibility of legalising same-sex marriage, and therefore urges everyone to be vigilant.

 

While celebrating the 2569th birthday of Confucius, Singapore Confucian Association President, Kek Boon Leong states his stand regarding abolishing the provisions of Section 377A of the Criminal Code.  He believes that sexual intercourse between the same sex is a violation of nature, a violation of heaven and a violation of humanity, and therefore opposes the abolition.  A group of people who advocated its abolition submitted the petition to the Ministry of the Internal Affairs and the Ministry of Justice on the 28th of last month after collecting nearly 50,000 signatures,  The signatories included former ambassador Tommy Koh, former senior diplomat Kishore Mahbubani, former attorney-general Walter Woon, Banyan Tree Holdings executive chairman Ho Kwon Ping and his wife Claire Chang and former chairman of UOB, Hsieh Fu Hua etc.

 

Kek Boon Leong expresses concern, believing that removing 377A will open the door to the possibility of legalising same-sex marriage, and therefore urges everyone to be vigilant.  He says: "The crisis of modern society is to amplify the demands of freedom and human rights and under the banner of freedom and human rights, to become egotistic and willful to indulge in whatever that fancy and not bound by any laws and ethics.  This is an abuse of freedom and human rights.  His objections are based on viewing sexual behavior between the same sex as “abnormal, indecent, and not in accordance with social order and moral ethics, which will lead to ruin of propriety and decorum.”  He believes that the procreation is natural for all life on earth, having a sacred mission and instinctive for species and is the law of the nature of the universe.

 

However, Kek Boon Leong also said that for those who have homosexual tendencies due to physical and psychological factors, people should give due sympathy and tolerance, and should not give them too much pressure.  He stresses: "When people guard the traditional culture, the society will be stable and harmonious.  When people negate and abandon the traditional culture, the society will be collapse and become turbulent."

 

赞 !

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Nightingale said:

Very disappointing to read this piece of news from the major Chinese newspaper early in the morning:

认为会导致礼崩乐坏南洋孔教会会长反对废除第377A

https://www.zaobao.com.sg/news/singapore/story20181008-897203

 

When a culture or practice is oppressive, no need to give in to it. We have a choice. We can choose to reject.

 

REJECT the oppression of Confucian crap. Reject the churches that bully. Reject the activities that have no space for diversity.:B)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Ho Gao Kang
2 hours ago, Guest They are shit said:

We are talking about a bunch of fossils talking. Next!

 

But really. :twisted::swear::thumbdown:

The are worse than fossils, they are a bunch of smelly tonsils.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Pray for Sg at Sports Hub

Just so you guys know, the MCS (Methodist Church in Singapore, not that Mediacorpse) held their annual prayer meeting yesterday (sun) at Sports hub, 2pm to 4pm. The venue was 3/4 filled.

 

Praying about what? For Singapore i heard, because according to them, our country is stuck, marriages are falling apart, more people are staying single, birth rate is declining, etc.

 

Couples who want to renew their vows were told to wear white and sit at the front section, others were told to wear red.

 

Red+white. Love Singapore? Hmmm...

 

I wonder if their worries got anything to do with the recent hot topic of 377A.

 

Anyone went?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Pray for Sg at Sports Hub
Just now, Guest Pray for Sg at Sports Hub said:

Just so you guys know, the MCS (Methodist Church in Singapore, not that Mediacorpse) held their annual prayer meeting yesterday (sun) at Sports hub, 2pm to 4pm. The venue was 3/4 filled.

 

Praying about what? For Singapore i heard, because according to them, our country is stuck, marriages are falling apart, more people are staying single, birth rate is declining, etc.

 

Couples who want to renew their vows were told to wear white and sit at the front section, others were told to wear red.

 

Red+white. Love Singapore? Hmmm...

 

I wonder if their worries got anything to do with the recent hot topic of 377A.

 

Anyone went?

Correction, it was from 4pm to 8pm.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Blanc Tres chic

Living breathing fossils is tres chic, en vogue here in Singapore, it seems! WHITE HOT! 很燃!Time to cake my entire body in white flour!

 

21155c6ce7b60abbf3421b136648bd4a--white-

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Blanc Tres chic

Now you know where the wear white movement got that idea from. They were aiming for the “fossilized” look. 化石范儿当今很火很燃!

 

We wrongly thought they wanted to look angelic....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest ghyuiooo
8 hours ago, Nightingale said:

Very disappointing to read this piece of news from the major Chinese newspaper early in the morning:

认为会导致礼崩乐坏南洋孔教会会长反对废除第377A

https://www.zaobao.com.sg/news/singapore/story20181008-897203

郭文龙在孔子2569周年诞辰暨南洋孔教会104周年会庆晚宴上表态,认为一旦废除377A条文,将会为同性婚姻合法化的可能性打开方便大门,因而呼吁大家不可不警惕。

在庆祝孔子2569周年诞辰之际,南洋孔教会会长郭文龙对我国是否应该废除刑事法典第377A节条文表态。他认为同性间的性行为是违反自然、违反天理和违反人道的,因此反对废除这一条文。一群主张废除377A条文的工种,在收集了近5万个签名后于上个月28日把请愿书提成给内政部和律政部。签名者中包括巡回大使许通美,前资深外交官马凯硕,前总检察长温长明,悦容控股执行主席何光平和妻子张齐娥,以及大华银行前主席谢福华等各界人士。

 

郭文龙表达了担忧。他认为一旦废除377A条文,将会为同性婚姻合法化的可能性打开方便大门,因而呼吁大家不可不警惕。他说:“现代人的危机是放大自由与人权的诉求,打着自由与人权的大旗就可以合法地以自我为中心,我行我素,放纵放任,不受任何法律和道德规范的约束。这是对自由和人权的滥用。”他反对的理由包括同性间的性行为是“非正常,非礼,不符合社会秩序和道德伦理,会导致礼崩乐坏”等。他相信传宗接代,生殖繁衍。是地球所有物种天然的,神圣的使命和本能,是宇宙自然界的法则。

 

不过郭文龙也表示,对于那些生理和心理因素而有同性恋倾向的人,人们要给予应有的同情与包容,不应给予过多压力。他强调:“当人们守护好传统文化时,社会就会稳定和谐,当人们否定和抛弃传统文化时,社会就会礼崩乐坏,动荡不安。”

 

Translation:

Singapore Nanyang Confucian Association  President  Opposes  Repealing  Article 377A

as  it  would  “Disintegrate  Propriety  &  Decorum”

On the 2569th birthday of Confucius and the 104th Anniversary Dinner of the Nanyang Confucian Association, Guo Wenlong states that abolishing Article 377A would open the door to the possibility of legalising same-sex marriage, and therefore urges everyone to be vigilant.

 

While celebrating the 2569th birthday of Confucius, Singapore Confucian Association President, Kek Boon Leong states his stand regarding abolishing the provisions of Section 377A of the Criminal Code.  He believes that sexual intercourse between the same sex is a violation of nature, a violation of heaven and a violation of humanity, and therefore opposes the abolition.  A group of people who advocated its abolition submitted the petition to the Ministry of the Internal Affairs and the Ministry of Justice on the 28th of last month after collecting nearly 50,000 signatures,  The signatories included former ambassador Tommy Koh, former senior diplomat Kishore Mahbubani, former attorney-general Walter Woon, Banyan Tree Holdings executive chairman Ho Kwon Ping and his wife Claire Chang and former chairman of UOB, Hsieh Fu Hua etc.

 

Kek Boon Leong expresses concern, believing that removing 377A will open the door to the possibility of legalising same-sex marriage, and therefore urges everyone to be vigilant.  He says: "The crisis of modern society is to amplify the demands of freedom and human rights and under the banner of freedom and human rights, to become egotistic and willful to indulge in whatever that fancy and not bound by any laws and ethics.  This is an abuse of freedom and human rights.  His objections are based on viewing sexual behavior between the same sex as “abnormal, indecent, and not in accordance with social order and moral ethics, which will lead to ruin of propriety and decorum.”  He believes that the procreation is natural for all life on earth, having a sacred mission and instinctive for species and is the law of the nature of the universe.

 

However, Kek Boon Leong also said that for those who have homosexual tendencies due to physical and psychological factors, people should give due sympathy and tolerance, and should not give them too much pressure.  He stresses: "When people guard the traditional culture, the society will be stable and harmonious.  When people negate and abandon the traditional culture, the society will be collapse and become turbulent."

 

努力的以爱的方式, 去感动他们的心, 要以孝道, 孝敬长辈父母来打动他们的执着,这是唯一往前能走的路了, 反驳越硬,反弹也越焦,以柔制刚,

我们要比他们更有爱心,关怀身边的人,要有鸽子般的纯洁无暇,用爱把他们给溺毕,让他们后悔当初的过错。

 

爱是伟大的力量。

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Question for GOD
3 hours ago, Guest Pray for Sg at Sports Hub said:

Just so you guys know, the MCS (Methodist Church in Singapore, not that Mediacorpse) held their annual prayer meeting yesterday (sun) at Sports hub, 2pm to 4pm. The venue was 3/4 filled.

 

Praying about what? For Singapore i heard, because according to them, our country is stuck, marriages are falling apart, more people are staying single, birth rate is declining, etc.

 

So it is the gay problem?   These blind  Christians are now blaming gays for heterosexual adultery,  gambling addiction, and Singapore high cost of livings for all the reasons stated above?

 

GOD!!! Do you love those LGBT who have sex while thinking of you OR those pastors who go to church while thinking of SEX all the time?

 

What do you think will be the answer from God?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest premium
On 10/7/2018 at 9:41 AM, Nightingale said:

Section 377A –  A  Contemporary,  Important  Law

Thio  Li-ann

7 Oct 2018

Sunday Times

https://www.straitstimes.com/opinion/section-377a-a-contemporary-important-law

The law criminalising sex between men draws a clear line that homosexual acts are not on a par with heterosexual ones.  Remove that, and traditional marriage and family norms – and one day, even freedom of religion to object to homosexuality – will come under threat.

 

Former attorney-general V. K. Rajah's article Section 377A: An Impotent Anachronism (Sept 30, The Sunday Times) contains some contestable statements, while raising interesting constitutional issues about the separation of powers and the court's role in addressing politicised, morally controversial questions.  My argument here is that section 377A of the Penal Code prohibiting sex between men is a law of contemporary relevance and substantive importance.  It goes beyond mere symbolism or placating religious views. . . .

can someone paste the full article? It's Premium content and can't be accessed for non subscribers...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • G_M changed the title to Singapore's LGBTQ News & Section 377A Discussion (compiled)
Guest
You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...
counter