Male HQ

Undertaker job advice

AP1987

Guest Interesting
1 hour ago, AP1987 said:

Anyone work in the funeral industry? I am planning to find job in the industry but its quite closed to public. Anyone can provide advice like the expected job scene and salary?

It is a very multi-tasking role.  You may have to undergo "intensive training" by the company depending on which boss you worked for.  The protocol is very crucial as not to be rude to the deceased and their family.  Be prepared for the bodily contact with the "body" and the collection process...etc.  The working hour may also be odd if you are the "frontline" staff.  Not a very popular industry and yet very lucractive bussiness which is not subjected to economy-shock. Initial period may be trying for the newbie, but I believe once get used to it should be no problem.  Pay-wsie, not sure.

5 hours ago, -Ignored- said:

you shd ans why funeral and not gas & petroleum?
Why not....

you shd ask yourselves first eg u r looking for adventures , so is that the reason?

Well... I came from medical background and currently working in the security Indus. Been always interested in funeral side but it was too 'family' only ...

There was a 'documentary' of a man in turning to this industry because he couldn't find a job and how he overcame prejudices and social stigma.    This was in Japan.  Saw it on TV long ago.  Not sure if you can find it on Youtube.

i have been a 'priest intern' with a religious group... it will be helpful if you know people in the team but otherwise there is nothing scary or negative with dealing with the dead, and you actually earn good karma for helping them with the last rites/passage.

the evilest things in life are living people. 

the pay is quite good as not many singaporeans want to take up such jobs. Even China people also need to think twice about such jobs. But there is stigma, and you could not tell people about your job due to superstition, and some people might not want to invite you over for chinese new year gathering or wedding or birthday celebrations as the job you are doing is considered "sway" by superstitious chinese. 

• 2 years later...
On 9/11/2018 at 12:26 PM, AP1987 said:

Anyone work in the funeral industry? I am planning to find job in the industry but its quite closed to public. Anyone can provide advice like the expected job scene and salary?

Looks like it's a good time to be one.  Business can't be better.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.