Male HQ

Grindr video. Powerful stuff.

Rice60640

Why do people have to be so negative.

Let's be real. People have the right to make choices, why must liking a certain type of people be classified as racism?

No chub, on your end, you think that this person is looking only at physical attribute. But why can't it be I don't wanna waste other people time? 

Everyone is superficial to a certain extend, those people who are talking there, they also do have their choice? Are you sure they love everyone the way they are? You might just wanna ask them to love each other, would it be their choices even if they have the same interest, complementing characters, having the best freaking horoscope, numerology, bazi, and everything in the world they matches. BUT, not his looks. That's why, people have the right to have choices, that's why people put those no this no that in their profile. Beauty in the eyes of beholder ya.

It is only racist if people just go and scold them with no reason like the first part if those people go and scold them upfront. But it is a different story if people put no this no that and they still go and knock on people door.

Seriously felt that it is ok for people to put their preference right at the front page instead of wasting time chatting and stuff then realise he is not into you. (this is where people say that the other party only look at looks and idiotically putting themselvs at the moral high ground)

I may understand the video wrong. No offence, just my thoughts.

zhiyang

A rejection or two can be shrugged off as nothing, but rejection becomes oppression when it happens on a regular basis. This is valid not just for preferential treatment based on race but also age, body shape, and femininity, just to name a few of the ten thousand other things wrong with the community. So I won't blame those who were subjected to such conditions for their perspective.

That isn't to say I see having "I'd prefer someone who's Chinese, around my age, lean fit/muscular, and straight-acting" on a profile as a bad thing since it merely defines one's likes and, albeit subtly, one's dislikes. There are bound to be some who'd feel rejected and dejected no matter how things are put across. But we have to agree this is nicer than simply saying "no [insert race]", which is blatant exclusion that's bordering on racism but still not quite there yet.

So what is racism? IMO, in order for racial preference to be considered racist, it first has to be derogatory. In local context, a few examples would be things like "no yalam/halal/giao tor" or "no ah neh". (Can someone please add something for Chinese? I want to diss my own race but nothing's coming to mind since I don't speak Bahasa Melayu/Hindi)

Also, perhaps due to Singapore's demographic, sometimes I feel that this assigning of guilt is rather prejudiced. I didn't choose to be born Chinese too, but I'm by default branded a racist for rejecting someone of another race, and it wasn't even for reasons concerning his race.

13 hours ago, zhiyang89 said:

Why do people have to be so negative.

Let's be real. People have the right to make choices, why must liking a certain type of people be classified as racism?

No chub, on your end, you think that this person is looking only at physical attribute. But why can't it be I don't wanna waste other people time? 

Everyone is superficial to a certain extend, those people who are talking there, they also do have their choice? Are you sure they love everyone the way they are? You might just wanna ask them to love each other, would it be their choices even if they have the same interest, complementing characters, having the best freaking horoscope, numerology, bazi, and everything in the world they matches. BUT, not his looks. That's why, people have the right to have choices, that's why people put those no this no that in their profile. Beauty in the eyes of beholder ya.

It is only racist if people just go and scold them with no reason like the first part if those people go and scold them upfront. But it is a different story if people put no this no that and they still go and knock on people door.

Seriously felt that it is ok for people to put their preference right at the front page instead of wasting time chatting and stuff then realise he is not into you. (this is where people say that the other party only look at looks and idiotically putting themselvs at the moral high ground)

I may understand the video wrong. No offence, just my thoughts.

I think the video is encouraging everyone to be more positive even in theirs “racism”. Don’t state things like No Chub or No Asian. Instead state things like “I like a well etc.  However, I don’t really see how that is better.  In any case, try to it be harsh since we may one day becomes the people that we previously despise because of certain medical or uncontrollable circumstances.