Male HQ

HR / Recruit agency Related Questions

soffa88

Hi guys, i got some question.

I found a job on jobstreet, and called up by recruitment agency, after went to the interview with the company, but after a few days she told me the xxx company interested on hiring me,the agency told me to submit my document and she will review my document include cpf contribution ( for my past employer ) and credit bureau report,  after i submit to her ( recruitment agency), she eventually told me my salary were $xxxx,  , after a few days salary will be less $100 compare to the first time she told me the salary, and she ask me to come down to sign contract following day, after i sign the contract, then she will proceed to submit my document to the xxx company HR to do the review, but its not a guarantee the company if found out anything which not satisfy their expectation the contract will be terminated.

The process take 10 days for the XXX company to give the answer to the recruit agency, my question its, if i found a job before the xxx company confirm me can i tell the agency i found a job? will i need to pay them??

I don't think you need to pay any commission to the agency for finding work for you. Recruitment agency would be paid by the company not from the candidate. Unless recruitment agency find part-time and contract basis work for you, then recruitment agency would take commission from the job seeker. 

2 hours ago, soffa88 said:

I found a job on jobstreet, and called up by recruitment agency, after went to the interview with the company, but after a few days she told me the xxx company interested on hiring me,the agency told me to submit my document and she will review my document include cpf contribution ( for my past employer ) and credit bureau report,  after i submit to her ( recruitment agency), she eventually told me my salary were $xxxx,  , after a few days salary will be less $100 compare to the first time she told me the salary, and she ask me to come down to sign contract following day, after i sign the contract, then she will proceed to submit my document to the xxx company HR to do the review, but its not a guarantee the company if found out anything which not satisfy their expectation the contract will be terminated.

The process take 10 days for the XXX company to give the answer to the recruit agency, my question its, if i found a job before the xxx company confirm me can i tell the agency i found a job? will i need to pay them??

There's no binding contract between you and the recruitment agency, since you have yet to sign the employment letter with the Hiring Company. If you really have another job offer, then just tell the agency. They can't sue or askbyou for payment. Anything refer to MOM loh.

Guest Moral Compass
2 hours ago, soffa88 said:

She ask me to come down to sign contract following day, after i sign the contract, then she will proceed to submit my document to the xxx company HR to do the review, but its not a guarantee the company if found out anything which not satisfy their expectation the contract will be terminated.

Let's cut through the chase here.  When you said "signed the contract".  I assumed the contract you signed is between the agency and yourself.  It has nothing to do with the contract between you and the company (recommended by the agency) otherwise, it is considered you have been employed by the company and there should be no second thought from the company whether to shortlist you.

If  it is the contract between you and the agency,  you can still go find another job since the decision is still pending. The element of uncertainty should not jeopardize you from finding a suitable job elsewhere while waiting for the agency or the company decision.  Do take note not to be threatened by pushy agency to force you to accept jobs you do not like, agency are SALES PEOPLE ON COMMISION, not the professional HR they often claims themselves to be.   As long as you have not started job, regardless what they did to your contract, there is nothing they can do to you if you have decided not to pursue the matter.  The company and agency will not have the time to take legal action against you, and they will want to move on to find another candidate other than yourself.  I did that before and often get best wishes from agency after telling them that I have found an even better offer.

Furthermore,  it is intrusive for agency to get your CPF statement and Credit Bureau rating.  They have no right to get those personal documents, only your direct cmpany can request if from you only if you are willing.

From what I see above, the recruitment agency you mentioned is not very professional.  Besides, you don't know what type of company they will be introducing you into.   You need to do research on the company (if you knew the name).  Otherwise, don't sign your happiness away and get bought over by dishonest recruiter.

Guest Shitty Horrific
9 hours ago, Guest WorkerBee said:

Yes be careful, some ‘recruitment’ agencies also ask for photocopies of your IC for their database. Do not give.

They often did that,  but from September next year onwards it is considered illegal to request for IC across the board.  

Thanks guy for the advise, seriously this my second time signing contract with agency,  first time for my last company, but its is a consultancy and accounting company, so the job its 'confirm", last company i work with its with insurance, so the requirement of the document just need my resume, does not involve in submitting my CPF contribution and credit bureau.

The Recruitment Agency its a well known company start with " R ", i consider myself quite dumb on this kind of situation, because the company i work for its under their client, for leave, salary, other admin work is under this " recruit agency", the contract its sign under the agency behalf of their client, but its not very fair to the candidate, if the company found out that my past employment its not up to their satisfactory the company will terminate my contract, isn't unfair ?  if there other potential company wanna hire me but i rejected, i would say this 10 days its a "Pending period", its not even a secure confirm thing that they would hire me.

Apart of the contract, my salary was less $100 then the first time she "quote" me for the job and the recruit agency even review my CPF statement, isn't that sensitive and very personal document ? btw i working in " B*nk  company that a requirement that the agency told me.

14 minutes ago, soffa88 said:

Thanks guy for the advise, seriously this my second time signing contract with agency,  first time for my last company, but its is a consultancy and accounting company, so the job its 'confirm", last company i work with its with insurance, so the requirement of the document just need my resume, does not involve in submitting my CPF contribution and credit bureau.

The Recruitment Agency its a well known company start with " R ", i consider myself quite dumb on this kind of situation, because the company i work for its under their client, for leave, salary, other admin work is under this " recruit agency", the contract its sign under the agency behalf of their client, but its not very fair to the candidate, if the company found out that my past employment its not up to their satisfactory the company will terminate my contract, isn't unfair ?  if there other potential company wanna hire me but i rejected, i would say this 10 days its a "Pending period", its not even a secure confirm thing that they would hire me.

Apart of the contract, my salary was less $100 then the first time she "quote" me for the job and the recruit agency even review my CPF statement, isn't that sensitive and very personal document ? btw i working in " B*nk  company that a requirement that the agency told me.

randstad or Recruit express ?

Not all need previous salary/contribution/IRAS/Cr bureau but some co. really required that

If u want the job, follow wholeheartedly with no question ask

Guest Moral Compass
1 hour ago, soffa88 said:

The Recruitment Agency its a well known company start with " R ", i consider myself quite dumb on this kind of situation, because the company i work for its under their client, for leave, salary, other admin work is under this " recruit agency", the contract its sign under the agency behalf of their client,

I do know Recruit Express has the tendency of finding people to sign on contract jobs.  If you wanted them to help you find a full time permanent job, they will always tell you they have only contract assignment for you, even though they did not state clearly in their advertisement, or often put up "fake" permanent role to lure candidate to submit their resume.  I have blacklisted such agencies long time ago.

Therefore,   I assumed your salary was paid by Recruit Agency who in turn charge their client heftily.  Whoever paid you salary,  they are your employer regardless where they outsourced you into.  That is how the agency profitted by "exploiting" candidate on hourly rate on contract assignments.  

Even thought a contract may be 6 months or more or less,  you can still prematurely terminate by serving 2 weeks or a month notice.  Agencies may tell you it is unethical for you to prematurely terminate a contract.  In this days and age, ethicalilty cannot help you survive.  I see that you still have a long journey ahead of you to realise the nonsense of this world.  Thus you need to read the clause or ask questions before signing blindly.

18 hours ago, bian18 said:

Haha u should have read the T&Cs before u signed their contract.

Understand from my friends who are finding their jobs thru job agencies, u will be asked to pay for the effort for liaising between u and the company, if u reject them in the end. Apparently it’s okay if the hiring company rejects u, but if u reject them due to u finding another job already, u will most probably be asked to pay for the compensation (last I heard was ard 8k). Try ask the recruiting company to reject u instead. 

usu it is the employer who pay the agencies,
nothing is required from the candidate

We are not talking about maid agencies or contruction labourers from overseas

1 minute ago, -Ignored- said:

usu it is the employer who pay the agencies,
nothing is required from the candidate

We are not talking about maid agencies or contruction labourers from overseas

Ya lor.  The candidate is just an outsourced  cheap labour. Can't ask too much from him.

2 hours ago, bigdanbeam said:

You should be clarifying with the agent as we do not know the full story. As for the cpf statement, i hope u submitted the contribution statement rather than the SOA. No parties have the right to know your balance. 

Because i feel unsecured is that the agency asked me to signed contract before committing a job, i do not want to wait for confirm from the company i be working with. and if there other company want to hire and i reject because my application its "on Hold" isn't fair to me if the company at the end don want to hire me then i lose a chance from getting hire from another company. i am quite dumb sign contract first before they still put me on pending. 

38 minutes ago, soffa88 said:

2018-09-25_20.45.24.jpgIMG_20180925_204921.thumb.jpg.b41d766e993f5d9e33ef8458565bdb17.jpg

Pretty standard, and it applies only after you are accepted by the client.  Prior to the acceptance, you can go look out for other opportunities.  In fact, you need not have commit anything before starting work at all.   The terms of the contract is merely for formality purposes, just like S377A, and it won't be enforced as long as you have not touched the client's office. 

2 minutes ago, Guest Simple said:

Pretty standard, and it applies only after you are accepted by the client.  Prior to the acceptance, you can go look out for other opportunities.  In fact, you need not have commit anything before starting work at all.   The terms of the contract is merely for formality purposes, just like S377A, and it won't be enforced as long as you have not touched the client's office. 

Thanks :) i did call up MOM they told me if the recruit agency want to sue they can.

• Starting a contract of service

The contract is in effect when the new recruit turns up for work on the appointed starting date.

If the recruit fails to turn up:

• The Employment Act does not apply, as the employer-employee relationship did not start
  • The employer cannot claim notice pay or any compensation in accordance to the Act
  • Any claims for compensation by the employer will have to be a civil claim through a lawyer

6 minutes ago, soffa88 said:

Thanks :) i did call up MOM they told me if the recruit agency want to sue they can.

• Starting a contract of service

The contract is in effect when the new recruit turns up for work on the appointed starting date.

If the recruit fails to turn up:

• The Employment Act does not apply, as the employer-employee relationship did not start
  • The employer cannot claim notice pay or any compensation in accordance to the Act
  • Any claims for compensation by the employer will have to be a civil claim through a lawyer

No need to care so much lah.  There lots of loopholes.  Most contract will state that if you are absence for 3 consecutive days in your workplace, no notice is required and you are immediately "fired".  You have nothing to loose.  3 times on my  first day in office, it turned out to be nightmare  for me and 2nd day I didn't turn up by sending a simple email to the boss that I find the work enviornment not suitable.  There is nothing he can but to accept my decision.   On the other hand, the Recruit express also can't do anything to you, except to blacklist you as their candidate for future job vacancy.  In my personal experience you have nothing to loose either.  Agencies need candidate more than you need them.  Without sufficient candidates in their list, they cannot offer choices to their client.  You get what meant.

• 4 weeks later...
  • G_M changed the title to HR / Recruit agency Related Questions
  • 1 year later...
Guest HR Morons

All these HR agencies are just parasites. They are good if you want temp jobs. Those full time jobs should apply direct to companies. Becuase if you go through HR agencies, they will ask you to do all those stupid tests and waste your time. 

I saw one HR agency bitching about someone's resume on TV. He said the job applicant listed his achievements and contributions to the the company. This idiot then said everything is about teamwork. Duh?! We know it's teamwork. But when you ask for a person's CV, you want to know his role, his contributions and achievements in the company! 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.