Male HQ

cheaper brand underwear

discreet18

Just wondering . Is it popular among us who wearing cheaper brand underwear? ( crocodile,byford or some china brand)Because many post discuss about how good is the branded underwear.( does it makes very much different?) Anyone find cheap underwear is good as well? Or someone will find cheap brand underwear is not attractive.

what's cheap is relative. got 2 pairs of boxer briefs from uniqlo some time back. idk, is there a brand name for those? decent quality at a decent price, like 15ish per pair? can't exactly remember. but lost a pair at a staycay, left it at the hotel. don't ask me why my undies were off. *cough*

anyway, not a big fan of undies with oversized brand names as part of the design. unless you're still wearing low-cut jeans and want to flash that calvin klein waistband, idk.

I agree with Glyph that cheap is relative. For the lay person versus the well to do versus the filthy rich.

that being said, I do order cheap undies ($3-$9 per pair) from online. I also wear the trusted Renomas and I also love Uniqlo’s Airism boxer briefs. All if the aforesaid tend to last a long time 

2 minutes ago, discreet18 said:

Cheap brand. Is something the range of 5 piece in a box around $20 or Per piece around $2 to $4. What in my mind is someone will turn off when see those cheap cheap brand?

tks for making the definition clearer but does that still exist in sg??

even UNiqlo is not that cheap

Maybe giordano or bossini?

those who prefer old and classic designs , even designer labels have it

19 minutes ago, Glyph said:

what's cheap is relative. got 2 pairs of boxer briefs from uniqlo some time back. idk, is there a brand name for those? decent quality at a decent price, like 15ish per pair? can't exactly remember. but lost a pair at a staycay, left it at the hotel. don't ask me why my undies were off. *cough*

anyway, not a big fan of undies with oversized brand names as part of the design. unless you're still wearing low-cut jeans and want to flash that calvin klein waistband, idk.

Glyph

not sure did the male chamberman who cleaned the room or turn  down your room "stole" it  (lucky him)

the reason i get CK is never cos of the flashy waistband or bands, i tried to hide it all the time

12 minutes ago, discreet18 said:

Cheap brand. Is something the range of 5 piece in a box around $20 or Per piece around $2 to $4. What in my mind is someone will turn off when see those cheap cheap brand?

maybe if that person has a fetish for underwear, otherwise i highly doubt so. usually they don't even see it, your pants and undies come off together in a single pull. unless you wear your undies like superman, idk.

8 minutes ago, discreet18 said:

Still have. Can find neighbourhood or pasar malam.

oh, i dont live near such neighbourhd and cannot bet on the setting up of pasar malam (usu during festives like Hari Raya)
nt for me

and i m particular about the colours, i dont quite like brown, purple , orange (i noticed those 5-8 in a box) tend to be colourful

i m usually that few safe col

1 hour ago, discreet18 said:

Just wondering. Is it popular among us who wearing cheaper brand underwear? Because many post discuss about how good is the branded underwear. Anyone find cheap underwear is good as well?

The branded ones like CK and DKNY (among those I used to own and currently having) are definitely more lasting than unknown brand or replica that I gotten. 

The branded ones lasted me like 4 years and counting while the unknown/ replica lasted like 3 years?

Nowadays, I go for the unknown/ replica - it has been comfortable, very affordable (like at most S$5 a piece or less), and so far lasted me for quite awhile. You can get them via any online shopping. 

Having said that -  I find 2Xist quite lasting too, though I do not quite think it falls under the branded category? 

1 hour ago, thorzguy said:

The branded ones like CK and DKNY (among those I used to own and currently having) are definitely more lasting than unknown brand or replica that I gotten. 

The branded ones lasted me like 4 years and counting while the unknown/ replica lasted like 3 years?

Nowadays, I go for the unknown/ replica - it has been comfortable, very affordable (like at most S$5 a piece or less), and so far lasted me for quite awhile. You can get them via any online shopping. 

Having said that -  I find 2Xist quite lasting too, though I do not quite think it falls under the branded category? 

support Original! don't patronise imitations pls

e.g.

the whole world is coming out w handbags and all sort of stuff using this design

https://www.shopandbox.com/blog/adidas-issey-miyake/

even the mooncake seller is selling such design bags to package their mcake containers

Wow!!! discreet! that I agree

but why low esteem? initially I thought u enjoy wearing??

(for me I will not have imitations) but many will not buying them

50 minutes ago, discreet18 said:

Maybe just myself feel low self-esteem for wearing cheaper brand.  someone ever said what is inside is more important . Lol

8 minutes ago, -Ignored- said:

Wow!!! discreet! that I agree

but why low esteem? initially I thought u enjoy wearing??

(for me I will not have imitations) but many will not buying them

Low esteem is because i only afford for the cheaper brand. But after all, i found that the quality is not bad and is comfortable to wear with. But due to many people only talk about branded stuff. Thats why i want to share this topic that even cheaper brand also can be nice to wear with :) 

aiyo nothing to feel low about

live within your means

at least u r not like those in carousell, asking for a 50% cut in prices to get an authentic CK, they shd try bargaining at Metro or Tangs

there are times, we have our difficult times, then dont buy just endure with holes on the trunks.....

for me, i dont like rough materials and i dont like the materials to look sagging after 10wash, like what thorzguy shared the brands that i liked are so well-maintained (as though they are newly boughtl)

some have sensitive skins

5 hours ago, discreet18 said:

my definition of cheap cheap, those brandless sold in pasar malam..hahaha

btw, i'm those who prefer those sold in a box of 3 or 5pcs per box at around $15-$20..those can get u pretty decent brand like Jockey/Renoma/Hushpuppies

personally i think the cutting, fabric and comfortable to wear..and lasted u a good 3-5 years of washes b4 it really worn out...LOL

i m not a fans of those premium brand wit super silky or Microfiber thinggy cost u $30-50 per pcs..just my 2 cents..;)

5 minutes ago, loacker said:

my definition of cheap cheap, those brandless sold in pasar malam..hahaha

btw, i'm those who prefer those sold in a box of 3 or 5pcs per box at around $15-$20..those can get u pretty decent brand like Jockey/Renoma/Hushpuppies

personally i think the cutting, fabric and comfortable to wear..and lasted u a good 3-5 years of washes b4 it really worn out...LOL

i m not a fans of those premium brand wit super silky or Microfiber thinggy cost u $30-50 per pcs..just my 2 cents..;)

I just bought so call a uncle brand( crocodile) 5 piece a box sold $12. Quite good deal

6 hours ago, -Ignored- said:

i cannot associate anything a cheap yet is good

eg a pair of uniqlo is cheap but it is just plain not bad only

Renoma is affordable but i find it ok

Nobody shd be wearing the crocodile brand of that time

crocodile is a premium of that era and the eyes of very old uncle

which is why i quoted

in fact at one point, crocodile tried to hit the premium men's shirt mkt!!! v nice design !!!! n not ccheap

14 minutes ago, discreet18 said:

I just bought so call a uncle brand( crocodile) 5 piece a box sold $12. Quite good deal

i had few brands of underwear.....

In the past, i don't care. 3 pcs $10 or $20, i don't care. After all, its wearing inside. Who can see?!?!

Now, i have many.

Crocodile (i was hesitant initially of buying an uncle brand. But i really love the smooth material. And it looks so great. its kinda like swimming trunk. Can walk around at home, without fearing exposed accidentally)

CK (branded but don't like it)

Renoma (normal wearing)

Private structure (one of my fav, esp those with special design on it. Not cheap though. Was like $60 each. Used to have more, those different country ones)

Polo RL (regret buying)

Some cheap one, really don't last. expensive one don't mean lasting too. 

So if u are particular, check the material, the sewing, followed by the brands and pricing.

Nowadays the types and design of underwear is a lot more than a few years back. Colours and pouch design will cost a bit more (but as the whole product is lower valued, so $1-2 more for additional design seems costlier).

If you need to impress people, like sauna underwear night or stripping in front of other people (gym, swimming pool etc). Simple underwear kinda fits the purpose. Not even sure if underwear serves any real purpose since we all wear clothes now.

Quoting an example, something is more expensive because there are overheads, e.g. the same pair of boxer shorts I get from uniqlo cost $7.90/pair. I can get exactly the same thing at $3.75 on aliexpress and $3.40/random colours box of 5. Shipping takes 15-20 days up to 30-60 days.

The GAP hoodie costs SG$70 but I brought in the US factory outlet shopping centre at USD$18.

But still preaching don't support piracy. If you intend to get branded stuffs like CK underwear, buy the original. If cannot afford, buy something else. Cheap can be good also.

On ‎9‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 2:30 PM, benedict5856 said:

i had few brands of underwear.....

In the past, i don't care. 3 pcs $10 or $20, i don't care. After all, its wearing inside. Who can see?!?!

Now, i have many.

Crocodile (i was hesitant initially of buying an uncle brand. But i really love the smooth material. And it looks so great. its kinda like swimming trunk. Can walk around at home, without fearing exposed accidentally)

CK (branded but don't like it)

Renoma (normal wearing)

Private structure (one of my fav, esp those with special design on it. Not cheap though. Was like $60 each. Used to have more, those different country ones)

Polo RL (regret buying)

Some cheap one, really don't last. expensive one don't mean lasting too. 

So if u are particular, check the material, the sewing, followed by the brands and pricing.

I think if  go to Bkk and HK slightly cheaper for pte struc

What is the area u dislike CK?

Crocodile is actually is a old-time reliable brand, though I stopped purchasing

@keyboard, yes we know tht but not all get to go to USA all the time

" US factory outlet shopping centre " ,  I rem I purchased many CKs at factory outlet then
gap hoodie, nothing fanciful, sg doesn't snow lol

On 9/25/2018 at 5:32 PM, discreet18 said:

Low esteem is because i only afford for the cheaper brand. But after all, i found that the quality is not bad and is comfortable to wear with. But due to many people only talk about branded stuff. Thats why i want to share this topic that even cheaper brand also can be nice to wear with :) 

Be yourself. If you have excess and feel like pampering yourself than go get a one piece at over S$50. Otherwise even a piece of old used fabric is good enough. Tied it like how the traditional Jap does. These days everyone is just so into being on TOP from mobiles to undies. End of the day would you remember or like someone just because his undies is more soft to the touch or would you remember or like him because he is himself? If someone like you, even if you smell like pee and don't wear undies, that person will still like you. 

As long as your underwear is clean, holds up well, and have no holes, you're good. 

Granted "designer" underwear usually have better fabrics etc. but it doesn't mean you cannot find something of similar quality elsewhere. Aliexpress has plenty of great underwear at amazing prices. 

Love. 

10 minutes ago, doncoin said:

As long as your underwear is clean, holds up well, and have no holes, you're good. 

Granted "designer" underwear usually have better fabrics etc. but it doesn't mean you cannot find something of similar quality elsewhere. Aliexpress has plenty of great underwear at amazing prices. 

Look good with good bods regardless the brand

• 1 month later...