Male HQ

Blocking of IP Addresses of abusive Guests

mlyfunp

Hi guys,

Did you note that recently there are many Guest Posts from a certain guy who either insults other Members, writes abusive content and even responds to his own Guest Posts.

Do you think Blowing Wind should have tool that they can block such annoying Guests who post here just by there IP Address?

Would you support such an action or are you against it?

Please lets discuss this.

Thanks

Guest Steve5080
2 hours ago, Xiaoxianrou said:

Idea is good. But it's hard to define abusive or annoying. 

It doesn't stop guest to use free VPN also?

You said it correctly, it is hard to define what "abusive" means.

The TS only need to experience himself what I am experiencing now to have an answer to his post.

Along many years of membership I have written over 3,500 posts and received 500 positive marks.  Apparently in excellent standing, Monday out of the blue sky I found myself "blocked".  It says "warning" but also "blocked indefinitely". No explanation what my "abusive behavior" was.  And this came totally unexpected as "Warning issued by Glyph".

I occasionally write heated posts like many of us do but my general goal is to be helpful and informative. And informative means that I publish my ideas and opinions, and I am willing to discuss them. Of course not everybody agrees, and this a positive element to drive a discussion.

Some time ago I had a discussion with Glyph over open relationships, where my position is that faithfulness, fidelity are overrated and negative impositions by society.  Glyph strongly disagreed, and this is what I can think at this time prompted my banning, since he is one of the moderators.  So the true warning i get from all this is:  don't argue with moderators.

I hope he reconsiders.  I accept a warning,  but a member should not be BANNED as a first action.  This is not what BW stands for, which is open mindedness and anti discrimination.

I hope this explains why I am posting as a "guest".  And with my full identity, not HIDING as a guest. 

Guest SEve5080
7 minutes ago, Guest Steve5080 said:

Along many years of membership I have written over 3,500 posts

You always write lengthy post and not very forum reader friendly. Time to cut short, go to the point or create your own thread to pen your daily thoughts instead of having your name all over the places and quite out of control sometime.  What do you think?

ha ha. and I thought it is that one famous Guest who posted under your name. ha ha.

Yes, absolutely, Blowing should always issue a written warning first and explain why you would get blocked.

Only for repeated issues, you should be blocked.

sure there are limits which would cause an instant block.

I see as well that closing of threads, blocking Members is very subjective and arbitrary by the Moderators.

for staying neutral I would say Moderators shouldn't post any responses or comments to the topics at all.

How to maintain a balance between judging about posters and violations if you are inflicted into the discussion...

3 minutes ago, Guest SEve5080 said:

You always write lengthy post and not very forum reader friendly. Time to cut short, go to the point or create your own thread to pen your daily thoughts instead of having your name all over the places and quite out of control sometime.  What do you think?

Hey you are diverting from the topic. this will get deleted soon. ha haha hahahahahaha

15 minutes ago, Guest Steve5080 said:

You said it correctly, it is hard to define what "abusive" means.

The TS only need to experience himself what I am experiencing now to have an answer to his post.

Along many years of membership I have written over 3,500 posts and received 500 positive marks.  Apparently in excellent standing, Monday out of the blue sky I found myself "blocked".  It says "warning" but also "blocked indefinitely". No explanation what my "abusive behavior" was.  And this came totally unexpected as "Warning issued by Glyph".

I occasionally write heated posts like many of us do but my general goal is to be helpful and informative. And informative means that I publish my ideas and opinions, and I am willing to discuss them. Of course not everybody agrees, and this a positive element to drive a discussion.

Some time ago I had a discussion with Glyph over open relationships, where my position is that faithfulness, fidelity are overrated and negative impositions by society.  Glyph strongly disagreed, and this is what I can think at this time prompted my banning, since he is one of the moderators.  So the true warning i get from all this is:  don't argue with moderators.

I hope he reconsiders.  I accept a warning,  but a member should not be BANNED as a first action.  This is not what BW stands for, which is open mindedness and anti discrimination.

I hope this explains why I am posting as a "guest".  And with my full identity, not HIDING as a guest. 

You mean you have FINALLY been blocked! OOOOOO YEAH! The Moderators finally did something right after all these years! 

9 minutes ago, Guest SEve5080 said:

The response is very simple: Nobody forces you to read any lengthy posts, you can always move on to the next. I thought this is a discussion forum. Steve5080 maybe as a retiree has more time than others. Often I intended to write something but was dragged along by work etc and then the discussion moved on.

Guest Steve 5080
36 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

You mean you have FINALLY been blocked! OOOOOO YEAH! The Moderators finally did something right after all these years! 

"Guest Guest",  after all the pounding you get,  at least you found some satisfaction!

Enjoy it  :)

Guest Steve 5080
48 minutes ago, Guest SEve5080 said:

Well,  it's true that I write lengthy posts, in many places.  But my English is not bad, and the lengthy posts could help someone practice it.  And... you can always skip them.

• Guest Steve 5080

3 hours ago, mlyfunp said:

it is funny that my posts are always removed here?

Have the Moderators something to hide?

My point for blocking certain offensive, abusive IP addresses of Guests who repeatedly annoy others was a serious recommendation to blowing wind.

At least you (Blowing Wind Moderators) could have the courtesy to respond to me, even if it is by a message.

I m not the troubleshooter here, but this guy who creates 1000 of Guest Profiles and even talks to his own posts.

Thank you,

It is natural that you dislike having your posts removed, or that you dislike any action against you that you consider unfair.

Why is it then that you opened a new thread specifically to complain about me posting as a guest because I found myself blocked, something I also consider unfair ???  Have you heard of the golden saying  "don't treat others like you don't like to be treated yourself" ?

And how you know that your posts don't annoy others?   Could your new thread have annoyed me?  Like you reject the idea that you are the troublemaker (not troubleshooter) here,  I also think that I am not a troublemaker by having to post as a guest.

I agree with you that a guy who creates 1000s of guest profiles is undesirable.  But I am unable to find out if such a guest exists, and so are you.  You don't have any proof.  I hope,  really hope,  that you are not tagging me as the guy of the 1000 guest profiles, because this would be insanity, and  would speak very badly of your character.   I have never posted anonymously as a guest. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Nobody was hitting at you Steve5080...

I did not open this thread to complain about you but only about this

Guest guy who always creates real havoc

and suddenly i'm being pulled into the picture, lul.

but really, after numerous attempts to push for member exclusivity in BW and failing, I gave up. too lazy to discuss about this right now.

also, if you want to have mute guardian angels as mods then perhaps you should ask the rest of the guys on the team to pass a secret ballot, and i'll be asked to step down. yes. mods have a code of conduct too, apparently i've yet to breach any of them. but maybe i'm sub-consciously trying to, idk.

1 hour ago, Guest Guest said:

Hahahahaha LOL, fully agree with this right action by Glyph!

Guest Steve 5080
1 hour ago, mlyfunp said:

. Steve5080 maybe as a retiree has more time than others. Often I intended to write something but was dragged along by work etc and then the discussion moved on.

You are right. I have been happily retired for many years, with plenty of time in my hands.

Recently I suffered a big loss, and these conversations help me distract my mind.

BTW, as a "guest" I like these little puzzles I have to do to verify that "I'm not a robot".

Regarding Steve5080 I would ask whether the protocoll which you stated in your rules was adhered to?

I saw he never had any warning points at all.

G_M

• Principal Member
  •  
  • G_M
  • BW Moderators
  • 3,430 posts

Warning points are issues when someone violates BW rules <- Click to see Rules

1st offence : Written warning and -1 warning point

2nd offence : Those who does not heed warning and continues to break forum rules ever after warning, (on the same day) 1 week Suspension and -1 warning point. otherwise 2nd written warning and - 1 warning point.

3rd offence : 2 weeks Suspension and -1 warning point.

4th offence : If the member is a recalcitrant offender who don't heed warning and after 2 suspensions, immediate Ban, Otherwise, 3 weeks suspension and -1 warning point. 

5th offense : No more warning, Immediate Ban from BW Forum

Spammers who spam the forum by posting multiple ads or cross post in many folders will be Marked as spammer and will have their Posting disabled and can no longer post.

All above warning and suspension are subjected to change as per the discretion of the moderators. The Moderators decision is final. 

Kolourful, Bingo1016, zxcv and 4 others reacted to this

4 hours ago, mlyfunp said:

Hi guys,

Did you note that recently there are many Guest Posts from a certain guy who either insults other Members, writes abusive content and even responds to his own Guest Posts.

Do you think Blowing Wind should have tool that they can block such annoying Guests who post here just by there IP Address?

Would you support such an action or are you against it?

Please lets discuss this.

Thanks

You are just too thin-skinned and sensitive to criticism. Anything which does not conform to your world view is abusive or annoying. 

LOL

Guest Steve 5080
5 minutes ago, mlyfunp said:

Regarding Steve5080 I would ask whether the protocoll which you stated in your rules was adhered to?

I saw he never had any warning points at all.

G_M

• Principal Member
  •  
  • G_M
  • BW Moderators
  • 3,430 posts

Warning points are issues when someone violates BW rules <- Click to see Rules

1st offence : Written warning and -1 warning point

2nd offence : Those who does not heed warning and continues to break forum rules ever after warning, (on the same day) 1 week Suspension and -1 warning point. otherwise 2nd written warning and - 1 warning point.

3rd offence : 2 weeks Suspension and -1 warning point.

4th offence : If the member is a recalcitrant offender who don't heed warning and after 2 suspensions, immediate Ban, Otherwise, 3 weeks suspension and -1 warning point. 

5th offense : No more warning, Immediate Ban from BW Forum

Spammers who spam the forum by posting multiple ads or cross post in many folders will be Marked as spammer and will have their Posting disabled and can no longer post.

All above warning and suspension are subjected to change as per the discretion of the moderators. The Moderators decision is final. 

Kolourful, Bingo1016, zxcv and 4 others reacted to this

Thank you Mlyfunp.  I apologize for having misjudged you. 

20 minutes ago, Glyph said:

but really, after numerous attempts to push for member exclusivity in BW and failing, I gave up. too lazy to discuss about this right now.

You can set up your own members-only forum and invite us over.

3 minutes ago, Guest Ngwm said:

You are just too thin-skinned and sensitive to criticism. Anything which does not conform to your world view is abusive or annoying. 

LOL

I put this up regarding a protocol or reaction by Blowing Wind to guys posting as Guest  but only repeatedly insulting Members on their personal attitudes but never actually responding to the topic of a thread itself. There is one guest guy who will always come with insulting responses attacking foreigners, Malays and writing just plain nasty things.

Such I would call "abusive" . I don't think I m too thin skinned or too sensitive.

I am very sure the Moderators are very aware of which specific Guest I am referring to, because they can always see the IP address.

Guest poshy - can lah
44 minutes ago, Guest Steve 5080 said:

Well,  it's true that I write lengthy posts, in many places.  But my English is not bad, and the lengthy posts could help someone practice it.  And... you can always skip them.

Don't be so posh...

But that's the problem in Singapore. You can't write too perfect English.

No one can understand you lah

As you have so much time, just run through your draft posts again and get to the point, being concise is an art in writing as well. 

22 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

You can set up your own members-only forum and invite us over.

idea eh bruh. problem is i'm too lazy, and i'll prolly get stuck indefinitely at the naming phase. need to create some meaning for the forum right? not just make a random forum out of the blue. you help me lah, come.

______

@mlyfunp idk what you mean, those aren't my rules. they belong to blowingwind.

also;

i thought that's rather self-explanatory. if you want to have an idea why i meted out an immediate ban to him, go read his posts. i hope your eyes don't bleed.

and i keep telling you, it's not like we don't ban ip addresses for people who abuse the privilege of posting as guest. it's just that they VPN banwalk over it.

Guest Steve 5080
18 minutes ago, Glyph said:

also;

i thought that's rather self-explanatory. if you want to have an idea why i meted out an immediate ban to him, go read his posts. i hope your eyes don't bleed.

and i keep telling you, it's not like we don't ban ip addresses for people who abuse the privilege of posting as guest. it's just that they VPN banwalk over it.

I respectfully have to say, because you were made a moderator, that your self-explanatory is quite cynical and unbecoming of a serious moderator.   The necessary element of a warning is to say what is the subject of the warning, and you haven't done this. And if the warning is made to ME,  I need to know what it is for,  not someone else to read my posts and hope his eyes don't bleed.

When I try to get into BW  I get a big message "BANNED".  A warning is not a banning.  By not telling the reason of my warning, or banning, neither to me nor to others,  there is suspicion that your action is driven by some ill feelings, and this is an abuse of the privilege to moderate.  

Guest Sweet Pea
1 hour ago, Guest poshy - can lah said:

Don't be so posh...

But that's the problem in Singapore. You can't write too perfect English.

No one can understand you lah

As you have so much time, just run through your draft posts again and get to the point, being concise is an art in writing as well. 

That is why in school exam, we were told to practice our skill of summarising two pages comprehension into less than 500 words.  Anything exceeding that will result in F9 for the mark.  My Ang Mo Dua Kee bf used to "KISS" me regulary.  I learned from him how to KEEP IT SIMPLE AND SWEET.

Guest Steve  5380
3 hours ago, Guest Awkwakina said:

Who is steve 8050 and what is BW monicker.

I'd like to read what he posted. I have dry eyes, so should be no problem reading. 

Please direct me those ' offensive' post.

This is simple.  Just click on the tag of any post by Steve5380 to be directed to his (my) profile.

There, read all the last posts I wrote.  If your eyes don't stay dry,  then my posts should be valued as a practical alternative to the overwhelming supply of questionable eye drops available in pharmacies and other stores

Guest Fruit Guan
55 minutes ago, Nightingale said:

If you are so bothered by lengthy posts, then skip.  Nobody can force you to eat vegetarian food if you don't like it.

That's rich coming from the most verbose, preachy, self-righteous member in Blowing Wind.

It's like telling a rape victim to shut up and tolerate being fucked because it's not the rapist's fault if she's not enjoying being raped :whistle:

17 hours ago, Glyph said:

idea eh bruh. problem is i'm too lazy, and i'll prolly get stuck indefinitely at the naming phase. need to create some meaning for the forum right? not just make a random forum out of the blue. you help me lah, come.

______

@mlyfunp idk what you mean, those aren't my rules. they belong to blowingwind.

also;

Dear Moderator Glyph,

but I would assume a total blocking must come after some degree of assessment and can only follow a total outrageous post, which reflects a degree of racism, religious hatred or of similar nature.

Yes, I can understand that you decide for a total block if a Member is violating the terms on manifest racism, spreading religious hatred or anything from a similar scale.

But coming with the biggest punch from the start must have some justification.

Otherwise, you just act arbitrary and autocratic like a dictatorship who can do what he wants.

It would be smart to follow a degree of "punishment" for evident violators first. come with a less serious reaction than a total block. Otherwise you don;t need to put up the scale of different "punishments" and warning points at all.

Give people a chance to realise a mistake and at least explain what was wrong or what caused the reaction.

If you don;'t follow your own scale of punishment and rules you set out here, then how to you want us to act as honest, humble and law abiding posters here?

It is disappointing here to see that you are not even aware of those "guidelines" for punishment which reflects that as a Moderator you did not even read through your own guides, terms and conditions. And is a disappointing response to see you saying that the "rules" are not from you but from Blowing Wind. Aren't you a moderator for blowingwind?

Your actions should be reasonable and not outright arbitrary.

Anyway dear Glyph send me a PM with the link to the "outrageous" post from Steve5380. So far, I didn't see anything serious in them at the 377A discussion.

I honestly think, anything of your review on whether you punish (or ban) a member should (if not must) withstand objective criteria to outright ban someone or not. This just to self reflect on the image of blowing wind to comply with its own stated rules and conditions and to justify any action on objective criteria in guidance of the own set rules and regulations. You request us to comply with the rules set out at blowing wind, but they seem not to apply to your assessment on wrongdoings from your Moderators?  If it doesn't then I m sorry to say that I don't further wish to contribute to an arbitrary, dictatorship like run discussion forum, where Moderators can just do what they want at their own subjective taste.

Moderators should act in good faith and as good examples to others.

and that is exactly the reason why the other mods simply keep mum, remove toxic posts, move threads to the flaming room, and carry on with their day. because for every sentence you make, someone's going to throw you a paragraph worth of rebuttal at you. and for every warning/suspension you give, someone's going to end up butthurt and stir a shitstorm up with his victim card. and ta-dah, you're the bad guy now.

but feel free to think that i'm acting out as a mod in service of my self-interest. i'm not here to prove myself as good, am not so naive as to think one can be good to everyone in this world.

i'll also decline your PM request, don't see the need to speak to you in a private setting.

We can only propose amendments here to the system.

Maybe a "two factor verification" system would be good to implement for a direct first time ban without any warning sent earlier to any Member.

Meaning a direct first time ban can only be done if two Moderators agree after assessing the case (for all cases where you want to ban anyone immediately without adhering to your own rules and protocol (see above)).

Plus: In every business, environment, friendship you want to know what is going on: if your best friend stops talking to you, don't you ask him, why and what happened? 

He will tell you what made him angry or caused his reaction.

As you are not the Sultan of Johor, I think you need to stand some critic here.

We just want to assist to make Blowing Wind to a friendly forum, where people enjoy to interact (and which benefits your purposes too) ...

In a variation of a Bill Gates saying: Be happy for every critical comment to improve the forums...

Your suggestion is a fair one, albeit only in theory. Fact is we are all busy with our own lives. It's a rarity to have even one of us browse the forum and perform his basic duty, to have two assessing a single case is but only impractical. This doesn't mean that any action a moderator takes cannot be reversed. A ban can always be lifted, that is if you convince one of the other moderators to convince me otherwise, we have a tacit rule that does not allow us to supersede one another's decisions.

It's one thing to have a critical opinion, and another to draw baseless assumptions. All moderators are required to familiarise themselves with the forum guidelines and the moderator's code of conduct.

You have the right of free speech, and I have my right to feel offended and respond. And my response is simply no response, because I don't see a need to explain myself to you with regards to Steve5380's suspension.

12 hours ago, Nightingale said:

Wrong analogy.  A rapist imposes himself upon his victim and inflicts trauma.  If you write a lengthy post, we just skip.  We don't feel obliged to read your long tale, so we are not victimised.  If you feel trauma and pain, then you should go see a psychiatrist for choosing to be a masochist.  And why didn't you complain when moderators also post long writings but yet complain loudly when people disagree with you?  Double standards indeed.

I felt trauma when I see your post and your pic. But really, you are too aunty and do not read what you write. You very lor soh.

On 9/28/2018 at 1:07 AM, Glyph said:

Your suggestion is a fair one, albeit only in theory. Fact is we are all busy with our own lives. It's a rarity to have even one of us browse the forum and perform his basic duty, to have two assessing a single case is but only impractical. This doesn't mean that any action a moderator takes cannot be reversed. A ban can always be lifted, that is if you convince one of the other moderators to convince me otherwise, we have a tacit rule that does not allow us to supersede one another's decisions.

It's one thing to have a critical opinion, and another to draw baseless assumptions. All moderators are required to familiarise themselves with the forum guidelines and the moderator's code of conduct.

You have the right of free speech, and I have my right to feel offended and respond. And my response is simply no response, because I don't see a need to explain myself to you with regards to Steve5380's suspension.

Thanks for the response. My intention here is just to improve Blowing Wind and nothing else. Maybe I just come from the "justice" perspective.

I m sure you don't ban 500 accounts on one day or even one week, therefore, contacting another Moderator prior a block shouldn't be an issue. I m talking here just of the situation of a direct first time "discretionairy" ban, where you don't intend to issue any warnings or other lower measures.

Regarding Steve5380 I think it would be always good to inform the blocked person why he was blocked and on what reasons.

Edited by mlyfunp
typo

On 9/28/2018 at 1:46 AM, Guest Guest said:

I felt trauma when I see your post and your pic. But really, you are too aunty and do not read what you write. You very lor soh.

Dear Glyph, just for an example:

Such postings from Guest guest are just on a personal level, I mean insulting on person's features (looks, habits etc). Nightingale can't do anything for his looks.

Any such insulting post which are merely on a personal level should receive a 1 week or 2 week ban.

I always have the feeling that some of the regular Guest Posters here, have some credits with the Moderators or can just do what they want.

As  you do not force Guests to be members but you should not treat them in advantage to Members who can get direct bans etc.

3 hours ago, mlyfunp said:

Dear Glyph, just for an example:

Such postings from Guest guest are just on a personal level, I mean insulting on person's features (looks, habits etc). Nightingale can't do anything for his looks.

Any such insulting post which are merely on a personal level should receive a 1 week or 2 week ban.

I always have the feeling that some of the regular Guest Posters here, have some credits with the Moderators or can just do what they want.

As  you do not force Guests to be members but you should not treat them in advantage to Members who can get direct bans etc.

Dear whoever you are.

" If you feel trauma and pain, then you should go see a psychiatrist for choosing to be a masochist."

the above is personal. Nightingale is challanging someone's mental health. No? So attacking someone's mental state is ok to you but not physical appearance? You can alter your appearance but can you alter your mind? 

And wtf are you implying Guest have some credits with the mods? Please lah....like we know who you are, where you stay or whats your name? Mlyfunp is as nameless as any guest.

If you are talking about privileged, I have been with blowing wind since its inception, so yeah even I shoupd actually be demanding some to shut people like you up. This is a free sight. If you feel you can do a better job, go set up one your fucking self instead of KPKB here like a princess demanding this and that. 

If I am the mod, I will ban you for life.

1 hour ago, Guest Guest said:

Dear whoever you are.

" If you feel trauma and pain, then you should go see a psychiatrist for choosing to be a masochist."

the above is personal. Nightingale is challanging someone's mental health. No? So attacking someone's mental state is ok to you but not physical appearance? You can alter your appearance but can you alter your mind? 

And wtf are you implying Guest have some credits with the mods? Please lah....like we know who you are, where you stay or whats your name? Mlyfunp is as nameless as any guest.

If you are talking about privileged, I have been with blowing wind since its inception, so yeah even I shoupd actually be demanding some to shut people like you up. This is a free sight. If you feel you can do a better job, go set up one your fucking self instead of KPKB here like a princess demanding this and that. 

If I am the mod, I will ban you for life.

At least I don't attack other people merely based on their looks of a profile pic.

You prefer to hide yourself here.

I can't help you if you have a problem with my profile name.

Just look at your own post here once again:

Your language is cocky, you permanently insult people on their personal attributes.

Mostly you don't even debate something on the subject and just insult.

It doesn't make any difference if you had been member from inception with this attitude and behaviour of yours.

For sure there is a reason that you are not any Moderator.

At least we don't hide and nightingale at least puts up a pic of himself. he is not as wimpy as you and has the guts to show his face...

Discussing the thing out with you is hopeless too. I won't waste my time on this, because often you don't get the point.

As soon as you can hit one someone, you enjoy your trait like your permanent hits on Steve and now on Nightingale.

8 minutes ago, Nightingale said:

As you've said, this is a free site.  Anyone is free to post things regardless their length.  So what's your problem?

If you accuse Mlyfunp of KPKB, then why do you KPKB against long posts, behaving like a princess demanding this and that?  Aren't you slapping yourself in the face?

And you can equally go set up your own website that bans long posts instead of crying baby here.

I am not challenging your mental health.  You are allowing yourself to be traumatised.  If someone invites you to jump into the fire and you choose to jump, why accuse others of traumatising yourself out of your masochistic stupidity?  Go see a shrink lah.

Huh...try to look better to have sex..u sibei kaypoh and aunty...people talk about mlyfunp, you cannot resist but to butt in...so lorsoh like guniang...

4 minutes ago, mlyfunp said:

At least I don't attack other people merely based on their looks of a profile pic.

You prefer to hide yourself here.

I can't help you if you have a problem with my profile name.

Just look at your own post here once again:

Your language is cocky, you permanently insult people on their personal attributes.

Mostly you don't even debate something on the subject and just insult.

It doesn't make any difference if you had been member from inception with this attitude and behaviour of yours.

For sure there is a reason that you are not any Moderator.

At least we don't hide and nightingale at least puts up a pic of himself. he is not as wimpy as you and has the guts to show his face...

Discussing the thing out with you is hopeless too. I won't waste my time on this, because often you don't get the point.

As soon as you can hit one someone, you enjoy your trait like your permanent hits on Steve and now on Nightingale.

Now now princess...i did not attack steve hor...also your skin so thick? Do not like it here but always crashing in here...go set up your own forum lah..

Guest Guest

• Guest Guest
  • Guests
On 9/26/2018 at 7:52 PM, Guest Guest said:

Hahahahaha LOL, fully agree with this right action by Glyph!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

And what is that?

4 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

Haha...u wait long long lor...

in this disruptive world I wouldn't bet on that...

Let's see who is gone first...

bye bye... discussion with you on this is closed.

Anyway as I see from the responses from the Moderator Glyph , which I am very thankful for, it is not that my time is wasted.

For sure it doesn't help Blowing Wind if only 2 posters are left at this site and the others left due to frustrations and disappointment.

4 hours ago, mlyfunp said:

in this disruptive world I wouldn't bet on that...

Let's see who is gone first...

bye bye... discussion with you on this is closed.

Anyway as I see from the responses from the Moderator Glyph , which I am very thankful for, it is not that my time is wasted.

For sure it doesn't help Blowing Wind if only 2 posters are left at this site and the others left due to frustrations and disappointment.

So arrogrant...vast majority aint like you princess.

On ‎9‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 10:45 PM, mlyfunp said:

Thanks for the response. My intention here is just to improve Blowing Wind and nothing else. Maybe I just come from the "justice" perspective.

I m sure you don't bank 500 accounts on one day or even one week, therefore, contacting another Moderator prior a block shouldn't be an issue. I m talking here just of the situation of a direct first time "discretionairy" ban, where you don't intend to issue any warnings or other lower measures.

Regarding Steve5380 I think it would be always good to inform the blocked person why he was blocked and on what reasons.

Mlyfunp,  thank you for your support.  I am Steve5380 and I had to open a new account to be able to message with other members, which a guest cannot do.  So I post with this temporary identity while I wait to see what happens to my account.  I am still waiting for Glyph to tell me what was my "aggressive behavior",  since this is a very subjective opinion,  but he has already indicated that he does not need to give any explanations.

No offence but if u get banned why do u bother coming back ? i mean is posting thoughts or comment here so necessary that u need to create a temporary account just to make additional comments ? i mean dont u have better things to do in life than to come here and comment on various post trying to be some number 1 contributor nonsense. Honestly i just feel that its pathetic that u are taking this forum so seriously that u are this upset. Also u are arguing with people here and trying to justify yourself to members that u dont even know. After all that is set and done and u get your account back then what? I just feel that there is better things to do in life.

P/s: i'm not one of those loser that wishes the banning of your account. Just a chain of thought here.

3 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

No offence but if u get banned why do u bother coming back ? i mean is posting thoughts or comment here so necessary that u need to create a temporary account just to make additional comments ? i mean dont u have better things to do in life than to come here and comment on various post trying to be some number 1 contributor nonsense. Honestly i just feel that its pathetic that u are taking this forum so seriously that u are this upset. Also u are arguing with people here and trying to justify yourself to members that u dont even know. After all that is set and done and u get your account back then what? I just feel that there is better things to do in life.

P/s: i'm not one of those loser that wishes the banning of your account. Just a chain of thought here.

Hello...are you a member? Member like mlypfun kpkb but why members must register while guests get away scott free hor...eo according to princees mlypfun once you register yourself...any Ah Gou will be KNOWN.

On ‎10‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 12:50 AM, Guest Guest said:

Thank you for not being one of the losers who wishes me banned.

I agree with you that there are better things to do than to post on BW.

But having done it for many years I developed some friendship with people with whom I have exchanged messages,

and while being locked out of my account I cannot continue these exchanges and see these messages.

Being a profuse poster can be a waste of time, but being retired I have the time

and the posting distracts me from thinking about my bf that recently passed away.

I prefer to ban myself than being blocked for unexplained reasons, 

it should be MY initiative to leave, and I might still do when I recover

and find new direction in life, new interests away from grief.

Meanwhile, I can still  open  accounts and post as a guest

and I take all this with measure and philosophy  :)

On 9/26/2018 at 9:41 PM, Glyph said:

Strange...which of his posts was offensive?

After all, tomorrow is another day. ~ S O'Hara

• 2 years later...
Guest Loquacious Larry Laminator

I am reviving this topic after reading through the last couple of days worth of postings. The moderators seriously need to deal with the abusive guest. Such behavior makes Blowing Wind an unpleasant place to visit at times and my browsing is becoming less frequent as a result. The abuse takes some of the following forms.

1. Directly targeting and harrassing certain members such as @mlyfunp@Nightingale, @singalion, and @Steve5380. Also directly harrassing and targeting certain guests who try to follow the rules and are not looking to cause any problems.
  2. Making posts 'stealing' the nicknames of other guests in an effort to cause that guest to appear disgusting or shallow. Guest Meanly Preacher has complained about this multiple times in the last week, for example, and yes he could register as a member, but it doesn't fix the problem that allowing abusive guests to abuse members and other guests should NOT be tolerated on Blowing Wind. I always try to use the same guest nickname so the moderators don't accuse me of abusing the system by using multiple guest nicknames in the same thread. I suspect some others guests who post frequently, like Guest Meanly Preacher, are doing the same in an effort to obey the rules. The troll has no respect for the rules, however, and intentionally impersonates other guests in a deliberate attempt to cause confusion. Readers deserve to be able to follow threads in a non-chaotic manner, and believe that they are looking the correct guest's posts, rather than trash words from a malicious imposter.
  3. Quoting a member or guest, but changing around the words from the original post to make a contrary argument, and then aggressively demanding an answer from the member or guest whose original post is being distorted by the arrogant troll.
  4. Using multiple guest nicknames and 'arguing with himself' in the same thread for no reason other than to keep the thread alive when nobody else is interested in that particular topic. A thread can't be 'forced' to become popular by sock puppetry. If readers want to reply, they will. If they don't, they won't. Moderators should expose every instance of the troll guest doing this. It is ridiculous.
  5. Reviving old threads from 11 months ago, or 2 years ago, or even older -- but not adding anything that makes the topic worthy of continuing -- just typing something useless like 'that is so hot' or quoting the original poster and replying as if it is a new thread. If readers wanted to discuss those old topics, they would be discussing them, and not with pointless phrases that add no value whatsoever. A thread should only be revived if there is a reason to revive it, not because a troll is bored.

I understand why Blowing Wind allows guests and obviously I am posting as a guest myself. But abuse should not be allowed. I propose targeting the IP of the abusive guest (or guests) and making any guest postings from the IP (or IPs) need to pass the CAPTCHA test 200 times before the posting is allowed to go through.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.