Male HQ

All on USA & USA's Political Discussions (Compiled)

oralb

Guest Guest

Trump spoke truth at times and the truth hurts usually ! But I think this is all helping others to become president instead , he knew he will not have good chance to win , he is just speaking out his thought , some might  be right while others

politically wrong ! I guess he will be surprising himself if he won ...

Guest Guest
7 hours ago, upshot said:

Mu first visit there decades ago... to get into a 'disco; you have to surrender your arms.. and that was a shock to me to see two tables filled with semi-automatic guns and smith-wesson revolvers among others and buck knives. There was a time when every floor of a reputable hotel has a security guarding every floor for security. And yes.. outside of middle east they are the Asian islamic extremist that has resorted to mix business with religion to date by asking for ransom or beheading those they caught.. foreign and locals. And there has bee quite a few thus far. And the best part why they are not caught? In cases where they do get paid for their victim, they share out some of the money with the villages.. Thus no one would reveal who they are so they blend in as a local native. This is not old news.. this is current situation. 

Yes , we only get those reported news , some others are not being reported at all ....

Guest Bang!

NASA claim that a large alien object floating around the universe is heading towards the earth with impact of mass proportion.  I wonder, when will that happen?  I felt very tired living alongside with human races.

Guest Guest
14 minutes ago, Guest Bang! said:

NASA claim that a large alien object floating around the universe is heading towards the earth with impact of mass proportion.  I wonder, when will that happen?  I felt very tired living alongside with human races.

Go hide in hell lor. This is the month that the doors there are opened wide. That's one place where the aliens cannot reach. And I bet you will be happy living alongside with non humans. You happy, I happy, they happy, everyone happy. 

Guest Guest
9 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

Go hide in hell lor. This is the month that the doors there are opened wide. That's one place where the aliens cannot reach. And I bet you will be happy living alongside with non humans. You happy, I happy, they happy, everyone happy. 

Do not worry...we have the PAP.

3 hours ago, xLeviathan said:

It's true tho. Didn't ISIS claim land in the Philippines just a few months ago?

Problem is Islamic extremist has been there for decades though a little more then a decade they are more bolder and started beheading people. The first successive one they demand about US7Million and I think they got it and that open the flood gate for more of it. If you are a poor village and if who ever they kill is not from their village and their belly is full... would you tell authority who those extremist are? heh

And yes if you search the web, you will find their beheading videos too.

So.. there are in Asia... you want to sleep with one eye open now? I know I do. And now we have Batam? That's too late. They are among us now.

BTW, I think partially our GOVT has made it so by controlling what Filipino get to Singapore to work S pass or maid. If you go to Hong Kong and you spend the Sunday walking about, go to the over head bridges which they are famous for and you see a "sea of maids picnicking" with open mats and you notice almost all... wear tudongs or hijab.. they are mostly Muslim Filipinos. But you never see that here as almost all are Catholics. Make you wonder doesn't it?

** Comments are my opinions, same as yours. It's not a 'Be-All-and-End-All' view. Intent's to thought-provoke, validate, reiterate and yes, even correct. Opinion to consider but agree to disagree. I don't enjoy conflicted exchanges, empty bravado or egoistical chest pounding. It's never personal, tribalistic or with malice. Frank by nature, means, I never bend the truth. Views are to broaden understanding - Updated: Nov 2021.

Guest Lawrence86

Doesn't matter to me. There are so many hot men there. My last 3 BFs are Filipinos. They're so hot, have to compete with other gays to get their full attention.

• 3 months later...

This is where Trump has gone wrong from the beginning. he has to filter his words while taking up a big reponsibility of being the president of worlds most powerful nation. He has to make amends in repairing the bad image he has atleast among his countrymen

Edited by will donati

On 09/08/2016 at 3:28 PM, upshot said:

Problem is Islamic extremist has been there for decades though a little more then a decade they are more bolder and started beheading people. The first successive one they demand about US7Million and I think they got it and that open the flood gate for more of it. If you are a poor village and if who ever they kill is not from their village and their belly is full... would you tell authority who those extremist are? heh

And yes if you search the web, you will find their beheading videos too.

So.. there are in Asia... you want to sleep with one eye open now? I know I do. And now we have Batam? That's too late. They are among us now.

BTW, I think partially our GOVT has made it so by controlling what Filipino get to Singapore to work S pass or maid. If you go to Hong Kong and you spend the Sunday walking about, go to the over head bridges which they are famous for and you see a "sea of maids picnicking" with open mats and you notice almost all... wear tudongs or hijab.. they are mostly Muslim Filipinos. But you never see that here as almost all are Catholics. Make you wonder doesn't it?

Those in hijab are indonesian maid lar

• HendryTan changed the title to Trump Calls Philippines a Terrorist State
  • Guest locked and locked this topic
  • 3 weeks later...

We are living in the US a historic moment, worth being followed by the whole world, in the Senate confirmation hearing for the candidate to the Supreme Court.

Yesterday was the testimony of Dr. Christine Blasey Ford who accuses the candidate Judge Cavenaugh of having sexually assaulted her as a teenager.  Her testimony is an amazing story of how a 15 y.o. girl suffered lifelong damage by the actions of two 17 y.o. rowdy drunk boys, one of them the now Judge who jumped on her trying to take off her clothes.  Her testimony is amazingly believable, drawing the sympathy of any decent person,  and revealing how little unsuccessful sexual assault can traumatize a young life.

Now one Republican senator has defected his majority in a move to request a further investigation of the incident by the FBI,  something the majority was refusing since they thought that they had the majority to pass the confirmation.  Even Donald Trump has reversed his position and has ordered this investigation.  All of this thanks to the AMAZING testimony of Dr. Ford.  I spent the whole day yesterday glued to the TV watching the procedures, and I am highly optimistic of the message this gives to young people and to all of society.  It is like a confrontation of truth vs. evil.

Here is her testimony, and the whole hearing and other parts of it are available at youtube.

Guest Steve5380

I want to add to the thread I started a video with the introductory remarks of the candidate to Supreme Court, Judge Brett Kavanaugh.  His nomination is a privilege to be among the few highest judges in the US,  probably the most powerful judicial appointment in the western world.  Here the judge is aggressive, upset, claiming enormous victimization due to the delay in the hearing, and categorically rejecting the accusation.  At some times he cries out of frustration.  Is this an example of the demeanor of a Supreme Court Judge?  He is indignant over any further delay investigating the charge.  Is this the normal position of a judge, who should do everything possible in pursuit of the truth?  Should we Americans have this guy make the ultimate judicial decision in the country for all his life? Once confirmed, he cannot be removed ever.

Guest changed rules

Surprisingly, I watched it too. Usually, I would not watch any such Congress or Senate discussions in the US.

They (Republicans) should not have changed the 60 senator count for an appointment, he would have been out from the start.

But they did that to get the last appointment (Gorsuch) through.

Later, when Democrats have the majority, they will regret again.

The result: Instead of achieving a more or less independent Supreme court you have political judges.

The past has shown that some Republican appointed judges turned to be quite neutral or Democratic appointed judges were with the "Republican".

What I take from there is that the democracy is in serious decline in the US.

That whole system of voting judges into the Supreme Court should have been reviewed.

As in the past it was better to achieve a "compromise" on decisions that having a clear split in the Supreme Court.

What I found surprising is that nobody touched Kavanaugh's alcohol problem. Wouldn't that had been sufficient to shoot him out as a Candidate.  What message does it give? As a Supreme Court judge you can be an Alcoholic?

From my assessment, the FBI investigation is just a dead end road. What can the FBI find out about this incident so many years ago.

If Mark Judge won't admit... Who would know anything substantial?

The only chance we would have if for the next week more abused ladies will come out with serious allegations against Kavanaugh. I don't think his high school sexual escapades were a one time event.

I find it very laughable that plenty of the ladies keep quiet for decades. (Me too campaign).

Had she (Ford) had the guts only in her 18s (3 years later) to come out and accuse Kavanaugh, he would have never got so far in his legal career.

Independent of the confirmation issue, what Dr. Ford did is expose to society what it needs to know:  the damage that some apparently minor transgressions can do.

She is at 51 y.o. still an attractive woman.  She seems to have a nice, kind character.  One can imagine what she was as a 15 y.o. teenager:  a beautiful girl, very innocent, very vulnerable.

A girl to be adored instead of being forcefully jumped on to pull off her clothes while holding her mouth shut to avoid her screaming. And the two rowdy drunk 17 y.o. boys probably never thought that they were engaging in a criminal act.  How criminal should the act be?  There is a principle that the criminality of an act should match its degree of victimization.  With this standard,  what the boys did should be at least a felony.  There could be some attenuating circumstances because the boys were drunk and unable to have control of their acts, but this is not a serious excuse. Dr. Ford made a good case for the sexual assault that traumatized her for life should be a serious crime.  We owe this to her.

It is very understandable why she didn't come out to accuse Kavanaugh 3 years later:  she was embarrassed and afraid, and after the fact, she would not have been able to prove anything. She still cannot prove it today, except that now she has personal credentials, demeanor, and society has changed its standards.

Back to the confirmation:  you said correctly that the election of these important judges should not be done by simple majority.  The two parties are so evenly divided that the result is always an evil battle for political win.  Instead, a better system would be to require the majority within each party:  a majority of Republicans plus a majority or Democrats,  or, what was the rule before, a 60% majority of members. It was expected that Republicans would have no scruples in changing the rules in their favor, this is their typical lack of integrity.

I still remain optimistic that something could block the nomination of Kavanaugh after the FBI does its investigation.  If they find conclusive evidence that he occasionally passed out from drinking, the case can be made that it is impossible for him to say that the episode never happened,  all he can say is that he has no recollection of it.  And this would resolve the uncertainty:  She can be believed beyond reasonable doubt while he cannot know that it didn't happen as she claimed. Also in favor if this position is the guy's lack of control during his interview.  He was clearly impaired.  Either he staged all this, or he most probably was drunk.  I wish that one of the Democrat senators had requested that he be given a sobriety test right after he finished his deposition.  This could have cleared up some questions.    

** Comments are my opinions, same as yours. It's not a 'Be-All-and-End-All' view. Intent's to thought-provoke, validate, reiterate and yes, even correct. Opinion to consider but agree to disagree. I don't enjoy conflicted exchanges, empty bravado or egoistical chest pounding. It's never personal, tribalistic or with malice. Frank by nature, means, I never bend the truth. Views are to broaden understanding - Updated: Nov 2021.

The three videos above are interesting examples of why there is a "president Trump" in the US today. 

- Tucker Carlson is a political commentator at FOX news, the channel Trump likes so much. He will say anything the pro-Trump want to hear.

- The black guy in the second video has been inspired by Kavanaugh to display a fake outrage.  Where is a big reason for outrage here?  Dr. Ford did not display outrage, and she was clearly victimized the most among all the participants.

- The guy with the black hood in the third video has confused this hearing with a trial.  Here it is NOT a matter of innocent unless there is proof beyond reasonable doubt.  Instead, it is a "job interview" for the position of supreme court judge.  If we interview for a job and are not chosen, we cannot claim that the interviewer didn't have proof beyond reasonable doubt that we didn't meed his requirements to his satisfaction.  The interviewer has a right to judge based on data that is not "guilt vs. innocence".  Like in this case, this can be the rapport, the attitude of the candidate. Who wants a Supreme Court Judge who can become as uncontrolled, aggressive, incoherent as Kavanaugh?

The poison left wing is not just small news it is far reaching and only a matter of time at our island's door step bring a lot of shit idealogy and the over reaching of feminazis and dumb diversity ideals and politics.

Guest Minah with brains.
4 minutes ago, upshot said:

The poison left wing is not just small news it is far reaching and only a matter of time at our island's door step bring a lot of shit idealogy and the over reaching of feminazis and dumb diversity ideals and politics.

WOW, I am glad I also have another Bw reader who is apprehensive of far left ideas, from the US,  

You know these people can make this machinary of public service stop working for their equality cause, and we cannot afford that in.Singapore.

Some people here are nit even aware that they fallen hook, line , sinker by ideas from the WEST. 

I was flamed for pointiing it out tp forummers.

2 hours ago, upshot said:

The wolf has dropped his sheep skin!  The testimony of a woman sexually assaulted as a kid is "the poison left wing"!  And to support her is "shit ideology"! Those who side with Dr. Ford are "feminazis"!    WOW, you have some strong, ferocious ideology  !  

2 hours ago, Guest Minah with brains. said:

WOW, I am glad I also have another Bw reader who is apprehensive of far left ideas, from the US,  

You know these people can make this machinary of public service stop working for their equality cause, and we cannot afford that in.Singapore.

Some people here are nit even aware that they fallen hook, line , sinker by ideas from the WEST. 

Why you feel "flamed"?  Are you uncomfortable discussing issues with people of different ideology?

The confirmation process of Kavanaugh has nothing to do with "far left ideas from the US".  Instead it is an exercise of basic decency.  Is the push to investigate the sexual assault of a young girl a far left idea?  Is the judgement of the attitude, demeanor, rapport of an individual who interviews for a privileged position as supreme judge a far left idea?  Is the desire to further investigate such an individual a far left idea,  especially when this individual behaves in public like he is a drunk out of control,  corroborating the suspicion that he was a drunk out of control teenager when he sexually assaulted the young girl? 

I thought that this site is a forum for gays who support the progressive ideas of equality for gays, decriminalization of gay acts, protection of gays against bullying, etc.  But maybe some see all this as "far left ideas from the WEST, from the US".   Well,  it is true that many of these progressive ideas come from the US.  It was the Woodstock festival in the 60s that planted the seed for LGTB equality,  which then progressed to the elimination of the Sodomy laws and finally the legalization of same-sex marriage in the US.  Maybe not everybody here is appreciative of SOCIAL EQUALITY, JUSTICE for us gays. 

Edited by Steve Temp

Guest 6 year old
1 hour ago, Guest Minah with brains. said:

and I thought you were flamed for your massive spelling errors..

like reading something from a 6 year old just started learning to write...

Maybe you should lend that senior citizen handphone from your grandparents that the government sponsered at the shift to 4G

Most balanced gentlemen I admired for their fair view and intellectual talent to break things down... and one of them is gay btw....

Edited by upshot

Guest changed rules
19 hours ago, Steve Temp said:

Independent of the confirmation issue, what Dr. Ford did is expose to society what it needs to know:  the damage that some apparently minor transgressions can do.

She is at 51 y.o. still an attractive woman.  She seems to have a nice, kind character.  One can imagine what she was as a 15 y.o. teenager:  a beautiful girl, very innocent, very vulnerable.

A girl to be adored instead of being forcefully jumped on to pull off her clothes while holding her mouth shut to avoid her screaming. And the two rowdy drunk 17 y.o. boys probably never thought that they were engaging in a criminal act.  How criminal should the act be?  There is a principle that the criminality of an act should match its degree of victimization.  With this standard,  what the boys did should be at least a felony.  There could be some attenuating circumstances because the boys were drunk and unable to have control of their acts, but this is not a serious excuse. Dr. Ford made a good case for the sexual assault that traumatized her for life should be a serious crime.  We owe this to her.

It is very understandable why she didn't come out to accuse Kavanaugh 3 years later:  she was embarrassed and afraid, and after the fact, she would not have been able to prove anything. She still cannot prove it today, except that now she has personal credentials, demeanor, and society has changed its standards.

Back to the confirmation:  you said correctly that the election of these important judges should not be done by simple majority.  The two parties are so evenly divided that the result is always an evil battle for political win.  Instead, a better system would be to require the majority within each party:  a majority of Republicans plus a majority or Democrats,  or, what was the rule before, a 60% majority of members. It was expected that Republicans would have no scruples in changing the rules in their favor, this is their typical lack of integrity.

I still remain optimistic that something could block the nomination of Kavanaugh after the FBI does its investigation.  If they find conclusive evidence that he occasionally passed out from drinking, the case can be made that it is impossible for him to say that the episode never happened,  all he can say is that he has no recollection of it.  And this would resolve the uncertainty:  She can be believed beyond reasonable doubt while he cannot know that it didn't happen as she claimed. Also in favor if this position is the guy's lack of control during his interview.  He was clearly impaired.  Either he staged all this, or he most probably was drunk.  I wish that one of the Democrat senators had requested that he be given a sobriety test right after he finished his deposition.  This could have cleared up some questions.    

In fact, actually Kavanaugh has been to inflected in politics from the start. In every other Western society like Canada, Europe no committee would have proposed him as a Supreme court judge. He would have been out of the candidate list from the start. I mean he was in the Bush administration etc (in thanks for the sperm on the trousers issue with Bill Clinton).

He would have never ever been a candidate for such a high court in our societies.

Probably too many Senators known as heavy drinkers to ask the question , ha ha

The US really has to remodel this election thing for Supreme Court Judges. The judges should be full time judges and not having these "political" judges who worked in the Government Administration before. 

This is just another example of the difference of Western societies and the US.

Lol it was just a matter of time before Upshot comes in and spews his right-wing bs. His empty skull is full of kooky conspiracy theories.

Guys don't pay any attention to him. He's just not worth your time.

I bet he will react angrily to this post in.... 3.... 2.... 1....

5 minutes ago, Guest changed rules said:

In fact, actually Kavanaugh has been to inflected in politics from the start. In every other Western society like Canada, Europe no committee would have proposed him as a Supreme court judge. He would have been out of the candidate list from the start. I mean he was in the Bush administration etc (in thanks for the sperm on the trousers issue with Bill Clinton).

He would have never ever been a candidate for such a high court in our societies.

Probably too many Senators known as heavy drinkers to ask the question , ha ha

The US really has to remodel this election thing for Supreme Court Judges. The judges should be full time judges and not having these "political" judges who worked in the Government Administration before. 

This is just another example of the difference of Western societies and the US.

We are in agreement.  The US has some really low standards that in other progressive countries are far superior.  Like in health care, or control of firearms. One saving grace, I think, is the personal freedoms we enjoy and the ideal (mostly an ideal...) of equality.  Do you watch frequently The Late Show with Steven Colbert?  It is unbelievable what Colbert can get away with criticizing Trump!  In other countries he would sit in jail already.  I don't think the Singapore government would allow such a mocking, criticism of its members!

Thanks to this freedom of expression we have a public uproar against Kavanough and his supporters in the Senate.  It will be interesting to see how all this ends :)

3 minutes ago, Guest crypto said:

Lol it was just a matter of time before Upshot comes in and spews his right-wing bs. His empty skull is full of kooky conspiracy theories.

Guys don't pay any attention to him. He's just not worth your time.

I bet he will react angrily to this post in.... 3.... 2.... 1....

I would not mind discussing this issue with him in a rational manner.  I am confident that he is not lacking some ability to think.  But it should be a civil conversation, otherwise someone will move this thread to the Flaming Room, and this would be a pity because there is much to learn from this historic episode, even if it comes from the WEST, the US...

2 hours ago, upshot said:

This is a really interesting example.  "Hear me Whine".   In the context of this thread, Upshot wants to pin the testimony of Dr. Ford on "whining".  Of course, he is a tough guy and would never whine over being sexually assaulted, but instead he would beat up his assailant.  Or at least he would have run out of the house screaming hell on the street that he had been assaulted, and if nothing had come out of this he would have carefully planned and executed some vendetta against his assailant to get even.  Dr. Ford did nothing of that, she kept quiet about the assault and tried to put it behind her.  When she came out with it 35 years later she did it as a civil duty to uncover her assailant. 

And Kavanaugh... did HE whine?   MAN, did he!  His whole deposition was a continuous whine, at times with shouting and crying.  He blamed oh! so many others for having disgraced his reputation and,  and especially... his family!  God heavens, his poor family suffering tremendously because instead of being granted the huge privilege to be elevated to the lifelong position of Supreme Court Judge, he would have to linger in this miserable position of Federal Judge sitting in the Court of Appeals.  This family may be victimized more than the families that perished in the tsunami in Indonesia!

But if Kavanaugh had been so concerned about his family...  wouldn't he have withdrawn his candidacy already?  Wouldn't he have tried to salvage his reputation and avoid the suffering of his family by avoiding this dangerous inquiry into his past actions and character?  He really, really, really likes beer, and he likes coaching!  Should he not have chosen to remain comfortably as court of appeals judge and enjoyed many parties with plenty of beer, and coach some football team made up by the lawyers?

Dr. Ford DID NOT chose to be sexually assaulted.  Kavanaugh ambitiously chose to be THE candidate for supreme court, even if he must have known quite well how this game of confirmation is played.  It was just his bad luck, or Karma?, which put Dr. Ford in his way.  So he should whine to the Creator.

Edited by Steve Temp

12 minutes ago, upshot said:

Singapore should be recognized for its advanced education system that makes also emphasis on the morality of Oriental religions, philosophies plus some guidance from Christ.  This must be the reason why Upshot takes his moral guidance and ideology from THE AMAZING LUCAS in these videos, like the one posted here. Good luck with having this black guy as his guru, and hopefully he advances some more in this journey towards Nirvana.

The black guy says: "Isn't it terrifying that sexual assault of women has been weaponized ???"  YES! Our enemies should be terrified.  The Ministry of Defense should look into training whole divisions of women,  who are now accepted into combat missions, so that they can let the enemies sexually assault them, and so defeat them with this unique weapon.

While Americans are stirring shit for their own consumption, and deeply inhaling the shit aromas, of all the recent self inflicted problems, like voting Donald Trump in, and then all the shenanigans about Russians interfering in the electoral process-lah, Trump and his white house sycophants lah, surrounding his oval office with close family members lah like his Son in Law Jared Kushnerlah, his lovely daughter Ivanka , which Trump describe as Voluptous Jubblies ( BIG BOOBies)lah, then for sake of ratings, he employed that black cat with steel claws Omaroosaaa, then she had secret recordingslah of his inner sanctum discussions lah , which she threatens to expose, the hookup with Storm the Porn star Daniels, lah.

While all these was happening in Steve's yankee backyard, Singapore is moving forwards, people are moving upwards, good housing, good transport, hopefully good jobs that last long time.

All ethnic groups are treated equally the Singapore way , which requires social resposibility,  adherence to the shared values, everyone knows it involves some sacrifice of personal liberty,

for example men have their national service and defence of Singapore responsibilty. Everyone have a stake IN SIngapore's survival.

Singaporeans keep an eye on the more important issues, jobs, housing, keeping the family together via gov help, the gov actively preserve the race relations in Singapore so that no major hiccups occurs, everyone really love the way our lifestyle goes, the Singapore way , sacrifice a bit of personal liberty and space for the sake of everyone on the ship, 

the American way is, some one got abused, groped , raped, the whole world needs to stop whatever they are doing,m so that I get what I want, I want to be heard, I want justice and to hell with the rest of America, my sacred constituitional rights takes precedence. The whole planet needs to stop spinning, so that I get heard.

We dont do things things that way in Singapore, Americans may not be able to swallow our way, but it works for Singapore, and many countries want to emulate Singapore.

Hongkongers envy the Singapore government success in keeping public housing affordable, our CPF story is a success but needs tweaking now for overcoming problems in the future, even Taiwan also praise Singapore governement 's public housing.

Be very grateful and appreciative that all the 5O over years of nation building and sound policies, have brought Singapore to what it is today, and it can all unravel in a short time, and be careful of these ang moh ideas about ideals, liberty, personal rights,

LOL , they are just reaping the fruits they planted so long ago, race relations between blacks and the whites are fragile, what you see on TV is all makeup, smoke and mirrors, the reality on the ground is very different than network TV,  

On TV you see fair skinned blacks and they are eloquent , educated and suave.

Its more violent in the streets, because the blacks are acting like the whites owe them big time, which in reality they do, but that is another story.

Our public housing and options for private housing, condos, ec and even rental housing for low income is an envy for these white people when they look in and see , of course they will not admit it. but secretly they wonder how did Singapore do it, from an island without natural resources, one thing is they cannot tolerate high density housing like Singapore, it involves giving up some autonomy , which Americans will KPKB about personal libertylah, individualism lah.......all those shit.

Becareful of being brain washed by white man and his dangerous ideas, 

Guest Steve5380
2 hours ago, Guest simon said:

---

While all these was happening in Steve's yankee backyard, Singapore is moving forwards, people are moving upwards, good housing, good transport, hopefully good jobs that last long time.

-----

the American way is, some one got abused, groped , raped, the whole world needs to stop whatever they are doing,m so that I get what I want, I want to be heard, I want justice and to hell with the rest of America, my sacred constituitional rights takes precedence. The whole planet needs to stop spinning, so that I get heard.

We dont do things things that way in Singapore, Americans may not be able to swallow our way, but it works for Singapore, and many countries want to emulate Singapore.

----

LOL , they are just reaping the fruits they planted so long ago, race relations between blacks and the whites are fragile, what you see on TV is all makeup, smoke and mirrors, the reality on the ground is very different than network TV,  

Its more violent in the streets, because the blacks are acting like the whites owe them big time, which in reality they do, but that is another story.

---

I am pleased that you have such good opinion of your country and you are happy there.

"White man and his dangerous ideas" ???  Are you living in colonial times, where I am the white man and you are the native?  Why you live in the past?

In today's world, I am not so sure you know much of life in America. You may read and hear much, but nothing equals living there, or at least visiting. Without intentions to belittle your country, it is certain that more people in the world want to move to America than to Singapore. There has to be a reason for that.  I could perfectly well become a permanent resident of Singapore,  I have the means to do the investments required (and maybe it's not a bad investment).  But I prefer to stay in my adoptive country  (I have dual nationality).  Even being attracted infinitely more to Singaporean guys than to American ones. (something so important to some gays my age...)

The integration of black and white here is sufficiently successful.  "Sufficiently", because there is always room for improvement. In my circles I am around nearly half the people who are black, and I don't feel the difference.  Politics here is SHIT now, and I cannot make any excuses.  I myself am disappointed that my fellow Americans could vote for such a low-life.  I am hopeful that this situation won't last too long.  And in the meantime, I am happy too :)

It's a matter of perceptions.  You are happy in Singapore, I am happy in America,  and many are just the opposite in our countries.

The reason I started this topic is not to make politics but to discuss the human experience of this political event.  To compare the attitudes of the confronted parties (Dr. Ford and Judge Kavanaugh) and to  try to make sense of the situation.

3 hours ago, Guest simon said:

While Americans are stirring shit for their own consumption, and deeply inhaling the shit aromas, of all the recent self inflicted problems, like voting Donald Trump in, and then all the shenanigans about Russians interfering in the electoral process-lah, Trump and his white house sycophants lah, surrounding his oval office with close family members lah like his Son in Law Jared Kushnerlah, his lovely daughter Ivanka , which Trump describe as Voluptous Jubblies ( BIG BOOBies)lah, then for sake of ratings, he employed that black cat with steel claws Omaroosaaa, then she had secret recordingslah of his inner sanctum discussions lah , which she threatens to expose, the hookup with Storm the Porn star Daniels, lah.

All ethnic groups are treated equally the Singapore way , which requires social resposibility,  adherence to the shared values, everyone knows it involves some sacrifice of personal liberty,

for example men have their national service and defence of Singapore responsibilty. Everyone have a stake IN SIngapore's survival.

Singaporeans keep an eye on the more important issues, jobs, housing, keeping the family together via gov help, the gov actively preserve the race relations in Singapore so that no major hiccups occurs, everyone really love the way our lifestyle goes, the Singapore way , sacrifice a bit of personal liberty and space for the sake of everyone on the ship, 

Hongkongers envy the Singapore government success in keeping public housing affordable, our CPF story is a success but needs tweaking now for overcoming problems in the future, even Taiwan also praise Singapore governement 's public housing.

Be very grateful and appreciative that all the 5O over years of nation building and sound policies, have brought Singapore to what it is today, and it can all unravel in a short time, and be careful of these ang moh ideas about ideals, liberty, personal rights,

Our public housing and options for private housing, condos, ec and even rental housing for low income is an envy for these white people when they look in and see , of course they will not admit it. but secretly they wonder how did Singapore do it, from an island without natural resources, one thing is they cannot tolerate high density housing like Singapore, it involves giving up some autonomy , which Americans will KPKB about personal libertylah, individualism lah.......all those shit.

You are painting a rosy picture of Singapore as if all people are happy.

I see so many unhappy faces here...

You really can write up the next PAP pamphlet.

Just wonder why there is such a brain drain in Singapore?

Guest PestBuster
16 hours ago, Guest brain said:

You are painting a rosy picture of Singapore as if all people are happy.

I see so many unhappy faces here...

You really can write up the next PAP pamphlet.

Just wonder why there is such a brain drain in Singapore? 

Face it, infiltrators, paid white agents, paid influencers , religious AstroTurffers are all over the place, including B Wind, we have to find our own path to be whom we are. We shall overcome.

Guest changed rules
20 hours ago, Steve Temp said:

Singapore should be recognized for its advanced education system that makes also emphasis on the morality of Oriental religions, philosophies plus some guidance from Christ.  This must be the reason why Upshot takes his moral guidance and ideology from THE AMAZING LUCAS in these videos, like the one posted here. Good luck with having this black guy as his guru, and hopefully he advances some more in this journey towards Nirvana.

The black guy says: "Isn't it terrifying that sexual assault of women has been weaponized ???"  YES! Our enemies should be terrified.  The Ministry of Defense should look into training whole divisions of women,  who are now accepted into combat missions, so that they can let the enemies sexually assault them, and so defeat them with this unique weapon.

I just wonder how you can say "the black guy" .

Did you lose your senses?

Guest changed rules
On 9/30/2018 at 8:16 PM, Guest Minah with brains. said:

19 hours ago, Guest simon said:

I just wonder who is the brainwashed here? Maybe brainwashed by your government.

If I walk around Chinatown or the backstreets at Raffles Place you can see people sleeping on card boxes.

Please don't do as Singapore is a paradise.

I m very sure many older people who attained their retirement, and even having become rich over the times, will think back and realise how hard the life here is for the common man.

Singapore has done nothing to close the gap between "Crazy rich" and the lower middle class.

Plus, any racial differences are swept under the carpet with a harsh law that refrains people from talking about the other ethnic groups. You just need to attend a Chinese, Malay or Indian wedding and the reality starts looking different.

And you were pointing out of leftist movements in the US. Did you know that the terms of Republican Presidents is much bigger than the Democrats one in the US? I don't see that leftist movements had big successes in the US.

Ok, the recent years we have this "political correctness". but if you compare this with the Acts in Singapore disallowing a real discussion on certain topics then you would not be far off from political correctness.

In the recent times I would be more scared not to be "brainwashed" by the PRC policies and the huge influence on our life. Because they do not follow any democratic rules or achieve justice in the sense of Human rights.

I myself prefer to live in a country that has a freedom of speech, freedom of press and respects the Human rights.

In Singapore, the government doesn't even tolerate a comic on political issues or even some comedy.

Yes, I admit, Freedom of Press can go overboard and now we even face more issues with the intentional spreading of fake news.

But overall, Freedoms should not be restricted that much.

I admit there might be "Asian values" but they should not be used as a slogan to prevent any implementation of human rights.

Unfortunately, I admit as well that the US has lost the idol status for a free world.

The settings have been there, but in the recent years much has been lost due to ideological battles, which have not brought any progress. But there are other societies which can give leading examples of a fair, just and livable society.

First Major Tax Reform in 30 Years
Lowest in Unemployment Rate in 18 Years

Lowest still for black population in unemployment history.
Jobless claims lowest since 1973 to date.
Dow Jones highest in History

All under Trump's Watch in less then 2 years of his first term...... Go figure left wing democrats. Go figure that shit out.

Edited by upshot

The other side always seem greener from where you stand till you jump over and find... life over the fence is not all good either. It's its share of both good and bad. Nothign is perfect but how you want to managed your human life and expectation. I let my favorite yoututbe videos be my voice.. I have decide not to directly reply. You have your point so make it but I know SJW lefties are trying to infiltrate here.... not on my watch. I will call out your BS the only way I know how. BUt that does not mean I am not aware locally there are divided racial and political lines too. And like the left... till everyone is willing to come right out to say what's on their mind and be calm and rational to deal with a neutral discussion but that is not going to happen thus.... good and bad thing will keep happening year in , year out and no answer will be reached. One can only try to live smart and sleep with one eye open at all times.

Edited by upshot

• G_M changed the title to All on USA & USA's Political Discussions (Compiled)
  • Steve5380 changed the title to It is official: The US now HAS AGAIN a decent president! (updated 3/2021)
  • HendryTan locked this topic
  • HendryTan unlocked and locked this topic