Jump to content
Male HQ
Newcuteguy

Looking for Swimming Buddy / Coach

Recommended Posts

19 minutes ago, Upandown said:

I wanted to learn free style too. Always get chocked from getting airchange :(

think of your body as a line (mouth and belly button should align). turn this line sideways as you pull, you should comfortably clear the water. If the line is broken you sink/choke as there is not enough clearance. To maintain the line, have the other arm out infront of you acting like an anchor as you turn sideways, when done correctly, it gives you the go-faster feeling in the water.


weniger aber besser

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fabianc said:

 

haha! that happened to me a lot at the start, cause I always favoured breathing on my left side.

Yea I need more practice. Wna practice tgthr?

57 minutes ago, euphony said:

think of your body as a line (mouth and belly button should align). turn this line sideways as you pull, you should comfortably clear the water. If the line is broken you sink/choke as there is not enough clearance. To maintain the line, have the other arm out infront of you acting like an anchor as you turn sideways, when done correctly, it gives you the go-faster feeling in the water.

Thanks for the tips. I need to practice more :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/31/2017 at 6:32 PM, Btmbtm1069 said:

Need people guide me butterfly. Any?

1: master the body dolphins (this will take the longest, undulations start from the chest NOT knees).

2: get the rhythm of kicking to pull (not the other way round).

3: take note not to clear the head too high out of the water.

4: reinforce this by doing 1 arm flys, and put everything together routinely (you can't learn butterfly by doing full stroke laps - too tiring).

a small relaxed fly demo here (not Schooling level mind you).

 

 

 

Edited by euphony

weniger aber besser

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I always wanted to learn swimming despite a couple of failed attempts. Was wondering if there's any patience coach around to guide?

Happy to join if there are any classes going on.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Almost Drowned By Ex

My ex once decided to teach me how to swim because he, a water polo player, thought I must be an idiot to have not learned properly in school. But he was not able to successfully teach me either. His impromptu lessons did provide, however, a perfect excuse to put his hands all over my body at the public pool as he tried to keep me afloat. Anyway that was probably the beginning of the end of our relationship and he didn't even leave behind a nice memory of me successfully learning to swim from him. I'm hopeless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, euphony said:

1: master the body dolphins (this will take the longest, undulations start from the chest NOT knees).

2: get the rhythm of kicking to pull (not the other way round).

3: take note not to clear the head too high out of the water.

4: reinforce this by doing 1 arm flys, and put everything together routinely (you can't learn butterfly by doing full stroke laps - too tiring).

a small relaxed fly demo here (not Schooling level mind you).

 

 

 

Wow. Is that u? Anyway i think need to get someone teach me better..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can swim all 4 strokes but excel only in Fr and Br, and occasionally do open water swimming. Am happy to join and share if the group materializes. There was a similar thread sometime ago, and it stopped at the discussion stage here in BW.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Samezuka said:

I can swim all 4 strokes but excel only in Fr and Br, and occasionally do open water swimming. Am happy to join and share if the group materializes. There was a similar thread sometime ago, and it stopped at the discussion stage here in BW.

teach pls senpai

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm a professional swim coach and also for competitive. For adults learn to swim feel free to drop me your contact. We can arrange. Cheers with love!

Edited by Nikon21

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Nikon21 said:

I'm a professional swim coach and also for competitive. For adults learn to swim feel free to drop me your contact. We can arrange. Cheers with love!

Free?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2018/1/18 at 6:56 PM, letsgoshyboi93 said:

teach pls senpai

Id be happy to. For those more confident we can perhaps arrange a trip to the sentosa beaches to tan and swim. Swimming in open water is really fun with waves and all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/3/2018 at 10:14 PM, Driftwood said:

Interested in learning freestyle. I can do breaststroke for laps, but can't seems to do freestyle properly, and gets tired usually after 3/4 lap of freestyle. :( 

Keep practising..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 03/02/2018 at 10:14 PM, Driftwood said:

Interested in learning freestyle. I can do breaststroke for laps, but can't seems to do freestyle properly, and gets tired usually after 3/4 lap of freestyle. :( 

Same here. Water kept going in from my nose :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Upandown said:

Same here. Water kept going in from my nose :(

Freestyle needs some practising 
When I first started learning freestyle also encountered that issue
Keep having water go into my nose

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, enthuboy_93 said:

Freestyle needs some practising 
When I first started learning freestyle also encountered that issue
Keep having water go into my nose

 

Same here.

I cnt flip left n right balancely so smtims shift to breathstroke halfway. Where do you swim usually?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Keep practising I guess.. so you can time when to take a breath when you rotate ur head 

Make sure to breathe only from your mouth and only to take a breath when your mouth is above the water surface 
You can practise at the side of the pool first, just the rotation of the head and breathing and go slow 

I haven't gone swimming for a while now, but usually at Jurong SAFRA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, enthuboy_93 said:

Keep practising I guess.. so you can time when to take a breath when you rotate ur head 

Make sure to breathe only from your mouth and only to take a breath when your mouth is above the water surface 
You can practise at the side of the pool first, just the rotation of the head and breathing and go slow 

I haven't gone swimming for a while now, but usually at Jurong SAFRA

Thanks ;)

gonna try more next time.

you are westie?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/01/2018 at 7:00 PM, Nikon21 said:

I'm a professional swim coach and also for competitive. For adults learn to swim feel free to drop me your contact. We can arrange. Cheers with love!

Hi coach.  Do you conduct small group of lesson at east?  Pm me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...
counter