Male HQ

Looking for Swimming Buddy / Coach

Newcuteguy

• 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, Upandown said:

I wanted to learn free style too. Always get chocked from getting airchange :(

think of your body as a line (mouth and belly button should align). turn this line sideways as you pull, you should comfortably clear the water. If the line is broken you sink/choke as there is not enough clearance. To maintain the line, have the other arm out infront of you acting like an anchor as you turn sideways, when done correctly, it gives you the go-faster feeling in the water.

weniger aber besser

1 hour ago, fabianc said:

haha! that happened to me a lot at the start, cause I always favoured breathing on my left side.

Yea I need more practice. Wna practice tgthr?

57 minutes ago, euphony said:

think of your body as a line (mouth and belly button should align). turn this line sideways as you pull, you should comfortably clear the water. If the line is broken you sink/choke as there is not enough clearance. To maintain the line, have the other arm out infront of you acting like an anchor as you turn sideways, when done correctly, it gives you the go-faster feeling in the water.

Thanks for the tips. I need to practice more :)

On 12/31/2017 at 6:32 PM, Btmbtm1069 said:

Need people guide me butterfly. Any?

1: master the body dolphins (this will take the longest, undulations start from the chest NOT knees).

2: get the rhythm of kicking to pull (not the other way round).

3: take note not to clear the head too high out of the water.

4: reinforce this by doing 1 arm flys, and put everything together routinely (you can't learn butterfly by doing full stroke laps - too tiring).

a small relaxed fly demo here (not Schooling level mind you).

Edited by euphony

weniger aber besser

Guest Almost Drowned By Ex

My ex once decided to teach me how to swim because he, a water polo player, thought I must be an idiot to have not learned properly in school. But he was not able to successfully teach me either. His impromptu lessons did provide, however, a perfect excuse to put his hands all over my body at the public pool as he tried to keep me afloat. Anyway that was probably the beginning of the end of our relationship and he didn't even leave behind a nice memory of me successfully learning to swim from him. I'm hopeless.

22 hours ago, euphony said:

1: master the body dolphins (this will take the longest, undulations start from the chest NOT knees).

2: get the rhythm of kicking to pull (not the other way round).

3: take note not to clear the head too high out of the water.

4: reinforce this by doing 1 arm flys, and put everything together routinely (you can't learn butterfly by doing full stroke laps - too tiring).

a small relaxed fly demo here (not Schooling level mind you).

Wow. Is that u? Anyway i think need to get someone teach me better..

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Samezuka said:

I can swim all 4 strokes but excel only in Fr and Br, and occasionally do open water swimming. Am happy to join and share if the group materializes. There was a similar thread sometime ago, and it stopped at the discussion stage here in BW.

teach pls senpai

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, enthuboy_93 said:

Freestyle needs some practising 
When I first started learning freestyle also encountered that issue
Keep having water go into my nose

Same here.

I cnt flip left n right balancely so smtims shift to breathstroke halfway. Where do you swim usually?

Keep practising I guess.. so you can time when to take a breath when you rotate ur head 

Make sure to breathe only from your mouth and only to take a breath when your mouth is above the water surface 
You can practise at the side of the pool first, just the rotation of the head and breathing and go slow 

I haven't gone swimming for a while now, but usually at Jurong SAFRA

23 minutes ago, enthuboy_93 said:

Keep practising I guess.. so you can time when to take a breath when you rotate ur head 

Make sure to breathe only from your mouth and only to take a breath when your mouth is above the water surface 
You can practise at the side of the pool first, just the rotation of the head and breathing and go slow 

I haven't gone swimming for a while now, but usually at Jurong SAFRA

Thanks ;)

gonna try more next time.

you are westie?

On 18/01/2018 at 7:00 PM, Nikon21 said:

I'm a professional swim coach and also for competitive. For adults learn to swim feel free to drop me your contact. We can arrange. Cheers with love!

Hi coach.  Do you conduct small group of lesson at east?  Pm me

• 3 weeks later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.