Male HQ

Mediacorp Artists - News And Gossips 新传媒新闻和八卦 (Compiled)

19 minutes ago, Guest #madeforyou said:

Dear Guest annkokfan, 

Thank you for your continuous support for Mediacorp Channel 8, despite our declining audience share over the years. We will continue making quality and entertaining programme for you to enjoy, even if you are the only supporter left.

We look forward to hear from you. You may reach us at tellchannel8@mediacorp.com.sg.

With love.

Dear tellchannel8@mediacorp.com.sg,

Please cast your artists appropriately,  be it age, image or linguistic ability. 

Regards. 

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

Guest annkokfan

Tell me why your production and story writing capabilities never improve? Why every time do family drama dun have 新鲜感. Even  the Koreans or Chineses are making vast improvements.  The variety is even worst. Netflix can do competition shows on florist, real estate agents, interior and fashion designing but mdc only limited to food shows. Really waste talents

Regards. 

Guest annkokfan
2 hours ago, Guest #madeforyou said:

Dear Guest annkokfan, 

Thank you for your continuous support for Mediacorp Channel 8, despite our declining audience share over the years. We will continue making quality and entertaining programme for you to enjoy, even if you are the only supporter left.

We look forward to hear from you. You may reach us at tellchannel8@mediacorp.com.sg.

With love.

LOL this is likely a troll. you think mdc will reply here de meh

Guest Guest
2 hours ago, Guest annkokfan said:

Tell me why your production and story writing capabilities never improve? Why every time do family drama dun have 新鲜感. Even  the Koreans or Chineses are making vast improvements.  The variety is even worst. Netflix can do competition shows on florist, real estate agents, interior and fashion designing but mdc only limited to food shows. Really waste talents

Regards. 

2 hours ago, Guest annkokfan said:

LOL this is likely a troll. you think mdc will reply here de meh

Joker this annkokfan, ownself reply and then say it's troll.

Don't be surprised if they reply as they have many staff to do research. Moreover, annkokfan has been writing posts on upcoming dramas and discussing star awards positively, hard to find these days when most posts are negative towards the TV station. 

BTW that's the email address for Channel 8. Funny annkokfan try to send email by replying here. 

Maybe ch 8 marketing staff is indeed😷😥😆 so hardworking doing marketing research here.

• 😆

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

Guest Menina de Sentosa

I have an idea to suggest to MediaCorp: How about adopting Brazilian miniseries or telenovelas, especially like "Babilônia" (2015). Don't worry, "parallel reality" will be employed here; come on, Sinkie writers shoudn't become boring/nil in creativity.

Bonus:

It will be better if it's either Singlish or Singaporean Pidgin Malay, especially the latter. ✌️😉

Guest annkokfan

Tbh, i don't think mdc top management are passionate about their jobs.

Mediacorp really need to upgrade productions and storytelling skills. There are so many topics they can write about yet they didn't want to do. It was only the last 1-2 years MDC started to write dramas related to time travelling which was already a popular plot to use in Korean and Chinese dramas. They could have also written drama based on real life stories, law and politics, history, aviation, construction workers, heritage, beauty pageant or zombie apocalypse. But none of them were picked up at all. 

If HBR was right about that production value for the new 7pm long form drama《味之道》will be shot like 9pm dramas, then I'm going to predict it is MDC's intent to move family oriented dramas to the earlier time slots while leaving the 9pm for the other genres such as idol, romance and suspense. 

在接获剧本及了解角色后,黄碧仁认为故事不像以往看到的长寿剧,反而更像是9点档的剧情。“角色方面我也觉得蛮有挑战性的,就没有想太多,只觉得反正我也隔了4年没拍戏,现在有邀约,角色也是挺有挑战性的,就接下了。”

https://www.8world.com/entertainment/tv/article/huang-biren-taste-of-greed-1169936

Guest annkokfan

Ohhh one thing to add.... MDC is also bad at their set design for dramas. Props used in period drama are as good as new, not even realistic at all. 

Closest to best was The Little Nyonya. 

Someone has connection.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

On 6/22/2020 at 10:43 PM, Guest annkokfan said:

Tbh, i don't think mdc top management are passionate about their jobs.

Mediacorp really need to upgrade productions and storytelling skills. There are so many topics they can write about yet they didn't want to do. It was only the last 1-2 years MDC started to write dramas related to time travelling which was already a popular plot to use in Korean and Chinese dramas. They could have also written drama based on real life stories, law and politics, history, aviation, construction workers, heritage, beauty pageant or zombie apocalypse. But none of them were picked up at all. 

If HBR was right about that production value for the new 7pm long form drama《味之道》will be shot like 9pm dramas, then I'm going to predict it is MDC's intent to move family oriented dramas to the earlier time slots while leaving the 9pm for the other genres such as idol, romance and suspense. 

在接获剧本及了解角色后,黄碧仁认为故事不像以往看到的长寿剧,反而更像是9点档的剧情。“角色方面我也觉得蛮有挑战性的,就没有想太多,只觉得反正我也隔了4年没拍戏,现在有邀约,角色也是挺有挑战性的,就接下了。”

https://www.8world.com/entertainment/tv/article/huang-biren-taste-of-greed-1169936

I guess this is a sign that MDC is finally feeling the pressure to up local TV standards?

IMDA regulations has kinda restricted storytelling and the type of drama MDC can filmed. It's pretty sad. I'd definitely want lesser family drama and more of the others.

Taking a look at all the upcoming dramas and it seems like they are most revolving around family matters. 

男神不敗 - Family 

好世谋2 - Family 

太平纹身店 - Melodrama / Suspense

花花公子 - Romance

森林生存记 - Workplace / Family

味之道 - Family 

操控

过江新娘 - Family 

Edited by hsf

Guest Guest

I only watch those with HK artistes in it ......

the only local one being  The Flying  Fish starring Maggie Theng and Jeffrey Wang ....even that , with one supporting  actor from HK in it 

21 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

I only watch those with HK artistes in it ......

the only local one being  The Flying  Fish starring Maggie Theng and Jeffrey Wang ....even that , with one supporting  actor from HK in it 

Was there anyone from hk?

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

15 hours ago, hsf said:

IMDA regulations has kinda restricted storytelling and the type of drama MDC can filmed. It's pretty sad. I'd definitely want lesser family drama and more of the others.

Taking a look at all the upcoming dramas and it seems like they are most revolving around family matters. 

男神不敗 - Family 

好世谋2 - Family 

太平纹身店 - Melodrama / Suspense

花花公子 - Romance

森林生存记 - Workplace / Family

味之道 - Family 

操控

过江新娘 - Family 

I don't think can keep blaming IMDA, Their restrictions might be annoying but there is no reason why scriptwriters can't write a good script that doesn't involve typical heartlander aunty issues.

I think the main issue is the only people supporting Ch8 dramas now are the older generation, who love these family dramas. So instead of taking a risk on a primetime 9pm slot, they rather stick to the old tried and tested method of bickering family drama because its relatable and enjoyable for the oldies watching it.

I notice they are experimenting with more trendy and risky themes on MeWatch with shows like The Last Madame (about a brothel owner), 2589 Days Apart (teacher student romance) - all relatively risky projects. But so far, no huge breakout hits yet although The Last Madame was not bad and remains the only MeWatch show I have seen so far.

MDC just needs another Little Nyonya level hit on MeWatch that is not a family drama then they will be more incentivised to produce more innovative content. It's not impossible and for the sake of local showbiz, hopefully one day they can do it.

Guest Guest

Mediacorp upcoming drama 我的女侠罗明依 starring Carrie Wong and 715 seems to resemble Korean drama ‘Live up to your name’ that was aired in 2017.

Copy again?

12 hours ago, Neh Neh said:

Love thai dramas. Ch U lately broadcasted 2 thai dramas. But recently taken over by boring korean drama. Now aday Ch 8 is filled with boring hk and taiwan dramas. Ch u is mostly boring korean dramas. Totally lost appetite.

U should check out internet for more Thai drama

Guest annkokfan

我的女侠罗明依》

《我》由戚玉武、黄思恬、王禄江、徐彬、雅慧、徐鸣杰、许美珍、姚彣隆、苏梽诚及卢传瑾等领衔主演。剧情讲述由明代名医李时珍(徐彬饰)后人创办的药膳餐厅“仙草堂”,自从年轻老板李济世(徐彬饰)和他姑姑李少彤接手后,生意每况愈下。之后,李济世遇上来自明朝的侠义女子罗明依(黄思恬饰)和锦衣卫毕正(戚玉武饰)。原来两人在明朝万历年间,曾与李济世祖先李时珍有过一段渊源并穿越到现代。后来罗明依与毕正再度回到明朝,却被反派恭王爷(徐鸣杰饰)及孙公公(王禄江饰)发现了穿越的秘密。《我》融入了穿越元素,剧中角色将会从明朝时代横跨400多年穿越到现代。而当中唯一一位以真实历史人物刻画出的角色就是由徐彬饰演的明代名医李时珍。

https://www.8world.com/entertainment/tv/article/a-quest-to-heal-1173711

102916542_10157797395230345_653895204180

104462740_10157806731610345_734442387786

103671543_10157803687910345_643462854410

103779145_10157803687640345_196056286271

104609754_10157803687600345_819256628309

104244903_10157806731950345_415374993693

105621219_10157828811735345_870469727325

103968544_10157803687870345_497005843314

103731703_10157803687760345_322460822477

104181374_10157803687570345_835598407106

103582190_10157803687670345_326439946904

103590114_10157803687730345_190937073493

104497236_10157803687800345_671154562993

Guest annkokfan

我的女侠罗明依 could be the biggest drama of the year and Carrie's 代表作

I'm going to predict MDC is going film more period drama after this.

I believe the ancient story is only a small part. 

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

Guest annkokfan
4 minutes ago, fab said:

I believe the ancient story is only a small part. 

Yes i think 4-6 episodes only. They mentioned this is only a trial to see if tv audience are receptive to period drama before deciding if they should produce more of such genre.

Guest guest
9 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Mediacorp upcoming drama 我的女侠罗明依 starring Carrie Wong and 715 seems to resemble Korean drama ‘Live up to your name’ that was aired in 2017.

Copy again?

Even not copy that korean drama, such plot many other countries already have such drama before this new drama from mdc.

1 hour ago, Guest Geust said:

http://www.gimyvod.com/video/38772/2-17.html

Hahahahahahahaha

Fann Wong reduced to bit role in TW drama!

Hahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaa

Ehhh what's so funny?

In the recent interview Fann did with Quan Yi Fong, it was very evident that Fann now prioritises her son and wants to spend as much time with him as possible. She herself stated she definitely won't do any overseas dramas that require a lot of commitment, and even those one weekend type she also need to think about it. When she first gave birth, her manager also remarked in an interview that Fann rejecting all the offers was getting very embarrassing.

So it is not like Fann has become washed up. She chose to step away from the limelight to focus on raising her son. It's no secret Fann and Chris struggled for very long before they could have Zedd. So it makes sense why she much rather spend time with her son.

Frankly speaking, Fann has nothing more to prove. She starred in both Hollywood and Chinese movies, released successful albums (notably 'Shopping' which sold HALF A MILLION copies), sold out the entire National Stadium for a solo concert (the 'popular' Sam Willows can only dream of achieving this) and played lead roles alongside some of the biggest names in Asia like Jackie Chan, Maggie Q, Fan Bing Bing, Gallen Lo, Bowie Lam etc.

She is still Mediacorp's most successful international artiste and she is already a national icon.

Bit role is better than no role.

All e well ha-ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

I wonder y back then when biRen rejected the role of Tian lan in tln,  the producer din wanna consider lz who went to beg for a role like a dog,  as age wise, she is just 2 years older, compare to xy, whose 8 yrs older.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

Guest Guest
9 minutes ago, fab said:

I wonder y back then when biRen rejected the role of Tian lan in tln,  the producer din wanna consider lz who went to beg for a role like a dog,  as age wise, she is just 2 years older, compare to xy, whose 8 yrs older.

very hard to read your posts everytime, with all the ab bc cd ef gh which only you understand

I wonder y back then when biRen rejected the role of Tian lan in the little nonya,  the producer din wanna consider laozoe who went to beg for a role like a dog,  as age wise, she is just 2 years older, compare to XiangYun , whose 8 yrs older.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

14 minutes ago, fab said:

I wonder y back then when biRen rejected the role of Tian lan in the little nonya,  the producer din wanna consider laozoe who went to beg for a role like a dog,  as age wise, she is just 2 years older, compare to XiangYun , whose 8 yrs older.

I never understood why they even offered that role to Biren.

Biren was a leading lady and had just won the 'My Favourite Actress' Star Award beating out every single female artiste in MDC. Yet they only offered her a supporting role and expect her to play supporting role to Jeanette Aw and Joanne in a role that is not even as major as Lin Meijiao's role? 

No wonder Biren reject. 

Zoe obviously won't take up a supporting role whereas Xiang Yun has always been playing supporting roles.

7 minutes ago, Gayleo said:

I never understood why they even offered that role to Biren.

Biren was a leading lady and had just won the 'My Favourite Actress' Star Award beating out every single female artiste in MDC. Yet they only offered her a supporting role and expect her to play supporting role to Jeanette Aw and Joanne in a role that is not even as major as Lin Meijiao's role? 

No wonder Biren reject. 

Zoe obviously won't take up a supporting role whereas Xiang Yun has always been playing supporting roles.

That role is not a small role, ranged from 18 to 80.

Zoe was the one who revealed that she went to beg for a role then.

Biren rejected based on medical grounds.

Xiangyun still occasionally plays leads these days, maybe once in 5 years, in show which deals with seniors.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

Guest Menina de Sentosa
On 6/25/2020 at 1:58 AM, Neh Neh said:

Love thai dramas. Ch U lately broadcasted 2 thai dramas. But recently taken over by boring korean drama. Now aday Ch 8 is filled with boring hk and taiwan dramas. Ch u is mostly boring korean dramas. Totally lost appetite.

Are these Thai dramas came from the cable channels (edgier plots) or from the terrestrial networks (you know, tried and tested melodramas)?

Guest Guest
5 hours ago, fab said:

Everyone knew how Lao Zoe, who was filming 'Cheebye My Side' with Auntie Chen back then, went over to Studio 3 and harangued the production team of Little Nyonya to give her a role in the drama.

She was pestering them and interrupting the workflow until director Chia Mien Yang 谢敏洋 had to come over and tell her in no uncertain terms to bugger off.

Guest Guesty
3 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Everyone knew how Lao Zoe, who was filming 'Cheebye My Side' with Auntie Chen back then, went over to Studio 3 and harangued the production team of Little Nyonya to give her a role in the drama.

She was pestering them and interrupting the workflow until director Chia Mien Yang 谢敏洋 had to come over and tell her in no uncertain terms to bugger off.

LOL LOL

3 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Why did chia not consider lz for br role? Lz is younger than lmj and is more convincing age wise?  Afterall xy is acting as senior Yue niang. 

Unless lz wanted Yue niang role.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

Guest Guest
12 minutes ago, fab said:

Why did chia not consider lz for br role? Lz is younger than lmj and is more convincing age wise?  Afterall xy is acting as senior Yue niang. 

Unless lz wanted Yue niang role.

Lao Zoe was already cast in Cheebye My Side way beforehand.

She kept pestering the production team of Little Nyonya for a 客串 role 😓

3 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

Lao Zoe was already cast in Cheebye My Side way beforehand.

She kept pestering the production team of Little Nyonya for a 客串 role 😓

Should let her Guest star as the mamasan when Desmondshen visited the brothel. 

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

Guest Tyler nipples
On 6/26/2020 at 9:20 AM, fab said:

Bit role is better than no role.

All e well ha-ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Wth

Its

All E wellS ok!!!

17 minutes ago, Guest Tyler nipples said:

Wth

Its

All E wellS ok!!!

I realize aft but lazy to edit.

Hehe.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

7 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

Whose body is the best? Glenn's nipples are not nice.

spacer.png

The 1 with the biggest. And

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

Guest Kailun
On 6/25/2020 at 9:47 PM, Guest annkokfan said:

我的女侠罗明依》

《我》由戚玉武、黄思恬、王禄江、徐彬、雅慧、徐鸣杰、许美珍、姚彣隆、苏梽诚及卢传瑾等领衔主演。剧情讲述由明代名医李时珍(徐彬饰)后人创办的药膳餐厅“仙草堂”,自从年轻老板李济世(徐彬饰)和他姑姑李少彤接手后,生意每况愈下。之后,李济世遇上来自明朝的侠义女子罗明依(黄思恬饰)和锦衣卫毕正(戚玉武饰)。原来两人在明朝万历年间,曾与李济世祖先李时珍有过一段渊源并穿越到现代。后来罗明依与毕正再度回到明朝,却被反派恭王爷(徐鸣杰饰)及孙公公(王禄江饰)发现了穿越的秘密。《我》融入了穿越元素,剧中角色将会从明朝时代横跨400多年穿越到现代。而当中唯一一位以真实历史人物刻画出的角色就是由徐彬饰演的明代名医李时珍。

https://www.8world.com/entertainment/tv/article/a-quest-to-heal-1173711

103590114_10157803687730345_190937073493

fking ugly......jitao turned off

• IkuTube changed the title to Mediacorp Artists - News And Gossips 新传媒新闻和八卦 (Compiled)
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.