Male HQ

Mediacorp Artists - News And Gossips 新传媒新闻和八卦 (Compiled)

Anyone saw the trailer - cannot tahan that Wong Lx Lxx - so pretenious when the other male judge was "singing praise" of her.....one moment she twitch her mouth, one moment she giggles and laughs....Wah Piang - Mr Wu really Eye "da" stamp......

hey hey, it caught my attention. :o Was not paying attention to the TV until this comes along... wa biang, my hair stands eventhough i could not hear clearly amid the giggles. :P

reality shows like this need judges to raise controversy.

American idol got Simon Crowell

PSS got super ah lian Jean Yip

Superband had cosplay Chou Zhong Qing

that;s how they improve ratings.

coming back, is Wong a dancer? if not what make her credible as a judge?

:thumb: When I Think It, I Do It, I Win It! :thumb:

Heard that ABC's Allan's wife has ballet background, at the height of her triple9 days, she quitted and said want to go UK to 'open' ballet school, but after a failed relationship with angmo there, lan-lan came back , delete here surname and switch to Chinese channel, although the channel went all the way to promote her, by nominating her in their annual award, she had never voted in the top 10, guess she has no fan base at the Chinese speaking channel.

She so "Dao" and bitchy how to get into Top 10? Heard she very difficult to work with....read a press article once, director NG her a few times until she Pek Chek, she Tu Lan and asked the director What do you want! Last time she took part in the English version of Ban Wan Da Ying Jia, also very pretencious, one moment gave that fake girlish smile and giggle, one moment acted hesitant in giving answer etc....aiyo, buay tahan.....so many years liao still same thing (when I saw the trailer)......Lao Cha Bo trying to act cute......hair all stand up......then there was once there was a TV variety show where they made fun of actors/actresses, they courting death go and KaChiao this Cha Bo, she really Pee Been, barked liao went off. don't play play...... :D

I had not idea of her background until now. What I do know is that whenever I come across her on TV, I find that she can’t speak up properly. She speaks in monotones as though she has no sense of intonation. What is worse than that is that she feels she is cute and adorable and lots of people are admiring her.

• 1 month later...
Guest boy2man

28 February 2007

SINGAPORE: Danish skincare company Imedeen has launched a new publicity blitz for oral supplement Imedeen, featuring celebrity spokesperson WXYZ Tay.

This follows the controversial version of the initial ad campaign six months ago, which featured the tagline "I swallow".

The initial ad campaign triggered a national uproar in Singapore and was the subject of much discussion in online forums and blogs, including prominent blogger Mr Brown's.

The new ad campaign features a tagline by the Caldecott Queen stating: "My secret to beautiful skin? Imedeen."

Communications lecturer and advertising guru Adrian Kiyetoshi applauded the new ad.

"In my opinion, the new ad is definitely more tasteful. The old ad bordered on the sexual, which was highly offensive and tasteless."

Homemaker Ng Siok Teng, 42, agreed, stating: "The initial advertisement ruined Tay's squeaky clean reputation. Actually this new tagline came a bit too late."

It is not known whether Tay received an endorsement fee for this new series of advertisements.

Tay could not be contacted at press time.

i wondered the original ad of "i swallow" increase or decrease their sales

(more possible decrease as they changed their ad tagline)

those that support Aunty WXYZ will buy any junk she endosed, be it "I suck" "I blow"

those that're against her will never support any of her acts.

now there are those that stood the middle grounds that will be shaken by the ads. i once posted before that while this ad generated publicity, it can be harmful to the image of the brand, as can you imagine the male colleague/ friend/ boss etc comes up to a female user and jokingly said "so you swallow" ...

Guest boy2man

Since giving birth in early 2005, her image has taken a serious nosedive.

First it was the irritating way she was perceived as trying to capitalise fully on her motherhood status, endorsing five different products. Then there was the controversy over conflicting claims, eg. she claimed to have breastfed but later endorsed Similac (a milk power) and Extrim-X (a slimming pill). When confronted, she claimed that she "stopped breastfeeding for 3 weeks" to take the pills.

Then it was her series of career mistakes. Her TV roles became increasingly boring and hackneyed. She was never known outside of Singapore and did not have career opportunities abroad unlike some of her peers. Her popularity crashed overnight when she went all out to rule the stage at Star Awards 2005, forcing Christopher Lee to propose to Fann Wong. People began to see her as over-the-hill and way desperate to jump into the limelight.

As if that was not enough, the "I swallow" ad confirmed suspicions that she was really an uneducated pig farm ah soh. When interviewed, she claimed that she did not know the sexual innuendo underlying "I swallow". But as any savvy educated woman in that age range (which Imedeen clearly targets) would tell you, the ad was poised for maximum audience penetration with that cheeky tagline. To disclaim all knowledge and pretend that there was no sexual innuendo clearly showed up WXYZ's ignorance.

Guest No bath

Worse still, after her confinement's press conference, she claim that she observed traditional Chinese women custom ( from the Pig farm?) of Not bathing during the first month of her confinement, which group of readers/viewers will buy such bullshit in 21st century Singapore? Disgusting!!!

Guest boy2man
Worse still, after her confinement's press conference, she claim that she observed traditional Chinese women custom ( from the Pig farm?) of Not bathing during the first month of her confinement, which group of readers/viewers will buy such bullshit in 21st century Singapore? Disgusting!!!

Not just that. Initially, she claimed she adhered to 'traditional Chinese practices' of not bathing during the confinement month. Then, two weeks later, she appeared at a press conference to endorse Rustic Nirvana Spa's medical bath treatments for postnatal mothers. When confronted by the press and readers, she claimed that she was misquoted, and that she did indeed "wipe herself down with a towel, but that she still hadn't bathed". So recently, Rustic Nirvana Spa engaged Junita Simons as their new celebrity ambassador.

her popularity is fading so need to get all chances to grab $$$

Next in the pipeline

Vacumn cleaning - "The secret to my clean house, I SUCK"

Hairdryer - "The secret to my nice hairstyle, I BLOW"

:)

This follows the controversial version of the initial ad campaign six months ago, which featured the tagline "I swallow".

What happened if male celebrity said "I swallow" in ads :blink: :oops:

a good oral sex makes your day, a good anal sex makes your "hole weak"

• 3 weeks later...
Guest boy2man

What happened if male celebrity said "I swallow" in ads :blink: :oops:

If I'm not wrong Elvin Ng said he would swallow if his managers said it's good for him.

• 3 weeks later...

I have to lift my hat to this guy. I think he is one of the smartest person working in mediacorp today. Just watched The Number Game where Bryan outwitted and outplayed his opponents (including guests Sam Leong) to win a cool cash of $12600 (part of which he vowed to donate to charity). I have long been a fan of his. His cockiness may put some people off but you cant deny his wit and intelligence. I think he's the only one who can out-talk Yifeng, he's quick on his feet, funny to watch, creative (his talent on the design show 摆家乐 is obvious to all), a good compere and, most of all (thru the charity show he hosted), a guy with a good heart. Way to go, Bryan!

Guest Guest_guest

saw him several time in the old taboo. dacing with his male friend. trying to wear cap and sunglasses... pls la.. ppl still can reconise haha.

Guest Guest_guest

Few years ago I saw him in DHC around 9pm on a week day.I remembered very well I try to cruise him and he told me that he came with someone looking for massage,but he did not go for massage hang around in the wet area.I let go because I thought maybe I am not his type.He is definitely GAY!!

guys bryan is a public figure, spare a thought for him.

whether is he one or where he goes is none of our business.

i agree.. whether he is or not.. its his private life.....

BTW, i also admire his compere skills.. he is not as conservative as others when come to hosting a show....

OB: I agree.

BUT he had choosen to be a public figure. He had choosen this path. He knows what he is into. If he want all the priviledge and goods, he would have to accept the bad.

Let the people say lor. Who we bitch about is not a public figure :lol:

To me, he did a pretty good job :clap:

Maybe should give him a 25% rise... :lol:

It's just me.... Asura... don't fear, but be very afraid....

he is only human, he needs to release his stress or urge or whatever.

i am sure the most of you are serious and professional in your work, but when in a bedroom, sauna, cruising grounds whatever, you will show your lusty side.

would you like others to judge you also?

i think Bryant Wong and other popular figures used to frequent some of these places when they were less popular; which is a long time ago. Once their popularity soars, usually they don't do that any more. Please give them a break, things happened a long time ago, lets not bring it up again.

he is only human, he needs to release his stress or urge or whatever.

i am sure the most of you are serious and professional in your work, but when in a bedroom, sauna, cruising grounds whatever, you will show your lusty side.

would you like others to judge you also?

well done, OB..

n right timing too

i salute u ..

tabik

I think Bryan got open a hair salon with his friends. Has anyone been there for a haircut? Now I heard he's branching to interior designing.

Yeah, you are right. At Marina Square Shopping Centre. One day just passed by and saw his poster & his partner were decorated in the hair salon.

Guest Guest

Good for him, he seems to be very enterprising, Its not easy for an actor to be good in business. In the past, many mediacrops actors went into business and went bust. Some even so charm (pathetic), once they leave mediacrop, they become useless outside and have to come back to act again. Many of the ex-actors are just drifting around.

I think its easier for an actress, she can marry a rich man.

Hahahaha :lol: ....... good looking, good body, maybe good "tool" and also other part of body of an actor might be able to be attracted by rich 'sugar daddy' too ? :unsure:

Guest boy2man
Good for him, he seems to be very enterprising, Its not easy for an actor to be good in business. In the past, many mediacrops actors went into business and went bust.

Take WXYZ Tay for instance. She invested in this wine bar Zee10 at Millennia Walk in 2001, but it closed down in 2003.

Guest sgcentral

Bryan is definately one of the guy that i dislike. :angry:

Maybe he is more friendly now but...

rem a few years back, met him at a local suntanning salon. Damn ya ya papaya with super bad attitude. :ph34r:

As for his sexual orientation, its an open secret.

For those of us that frequent Ikea (Alexander) few years ago wld know....

:whistle:

Hahahaha :lol: ....... good looking, good body, maybe good "tool" and also other part of body of an actor might be able to be attracted by rich 'sugar daddy' too ? :unsure:

You are probably right, some unemployed ex-actor might have to do that if they cannot find a job that suit them. Its not easy to find a good job for ex-actors sometimes.

• IkuTube changed the title to Mediacorp Artists - News And Gossips 新传媒新闻和八卦 (Compiled)
  • Guest locked this topic
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.