Male HQ

Are we all living in deceits and lies?

Guest Pete43

So my new found bf is religious afterall. He asked me to accompany him in his church over the weekend. Of course his pastor doesn’t know we are a couple but maybe he has a hint that we are gay. His teaching that day was not to deceive people and force them to lie else we will be judged and put to hell. He told us to live in a clean life the way nature has dictated us to. Suppress thoughts and feelings that will make us immoral. He was most of the time looking at us two. 

Guest Churchs lie all time

About forcing them to lie.... aren’t churches forcing gays to lie all the time? So christian pastors are all going to hell?

Isn’t love the sinner hate the sin a well honed lie? Or tell a lie enough times, it is no more a lie if even you yourself believe in it?

Just look at true.love is and the 3:16 church. I cannot believe any gays would believe their motivation is from a pure and clean place.

Their teachings or rather thinking are so convoluted and illogical, thry are obviously elaborate and poorly put out lies.

If what you said is true, his pastor is obviously winging it - making it up as he went along, to demarcate the gay couple among his flock as unclean, immoral and sinful.

Such ugly emotional abuse...

Guest All smoke n mirrors

Jotham Tobias wadeva was in the true.love is video to gain notoriety and followers for his social media wannabe infuencer status. So.fucking.obvious.?

Guest New bf?
6 hours ago, Guest Pete43 said:

So my new found bf is religious afterall. He asked me to accompany him in his church over the weekend. Of course his pastor doesn’t know we are a couple but maybe he has a hint that we are gay. His teaching that day was not to deceive people and force them to lie else we will be judged and put to hell. He told us to live in a clean life the way nature has dictated us to. Suppress thoughts and feelings that will make us immoral. He was most of the time looking at us two. 

New bf says everything. Find a bf who is from a none cult. Pls try to love yourself more.

3 minutes ago, Guest New bf? said:

New bf says everything. Find a bf who is from a none cult. Pls try to love yourself more.

If bf is religious this should not totally disqualify him.  He can believe in a god and this is fine.

And we should be able to know exactly what our bf sincerely believes. Our bf is not a casual acquaintance.

He should not unconditionally  believe what an organized church lies to him and puts in his head.

Any ideas that homosexuality is sinful DOES disqualify him. 

The best is if he has HIS OWN idea of what God is, and just goes to some service to exercise his religiousness. 

In this way, we can converse about each other's religiousness without clashing.

And we may join him going to church to make him happy,  and he conversely gives US priority over his religious rituals.

Guest Lies are all black
6 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

The longer one lives the more one discovers that lies and deceits are everywhere.

About their morality, what makes deceits and lies good or bad are their effects.

They mostly victimize, but some times their result is the opposite.

There are no white lies! All lies hurt in the end!

Guest Not all bfs can be bf
Just now, Steve5380 said:

If bf is religious this should not totally disqualify him.  He can believe in a god and this is fine.

And we should be able to know exactly what our bf sincerely believes. Our bf is not a casual acquaintance.

He should not unconditionally  believe what an organized church lies to him and puts in his head.

Any ideas that homosexuality is sinful DOES disqualify him. 

The best is if he has HIS OWN idea of what God is, and just goes to some service to exercise his religiousness. 

In this way, we can converse about each other's religiousness without clashing.

And we may join him going to church to make him happy,  and he conversely gives US priority over his religious rituals.

He said his new bf is religious a f t e r a l l l. Sounds like he was deceived at the beginning...

1 minute ago, Guest Lies are all black said:

There are no white lies! All lies hurt in the end!

You are right in an ABSOLUTE sense.  As seen by a Good who sees everything and judges by an inflexible rule.

But if one does not believe that our acts are followed by invisible ghosts who see and know everything, if instead we believe that our interactions are less than perfect and all we know is what we perceive with our senses,  then absolute truth loses its importance to how wise we are in our interactions.

And what is "hurt in the end"?  You believe that in the end a veil is lifted from our eyes and we see clearly everything?  Will this happen only from heaven or also from hell?

11 minutes ago, Guest Not all bfs can be bf said:

He said his new bf is religious a f t e r a l l l. Sounds like he was deceived at the beginning...

Maybe they never discussed religion at the beginning.

Religious people don't always behave like they are religious.

They may believe, but don't realize the responsibility to follow their beliefs.

Guest Like we are all so stupid!
1 hour ago, Guest All smoke n mirrors said:

Jotham Tobias wadeva was in the true.love is video to gain notoriety and followers for his social media wannabe infuencer status. So.fucking.obvious.?

What is a post renaissance, post modern era Chinese doing with an angmoh-middle-eastern-biblical sounding name anyway if not to deceive others to gain fame and money????

I question his intentions but heavens forbid I believe any of his answers.

Guest Religion is made by Humans

We are living in 21st century where everything starting to make sense.
We look at histories, religions and stuff.
Some people just believe as it is. Some people explore if it is true.
No matter what, Its different from people to people.

Just ponder for this. Why there are so many religions and gods and why people have different beliefs even though everyone is capable of seeing the same thing, can comprehend each other thoughts?

Guest Bring sexy back
7 minutes ago, Steve5380 said:

Maybe they never discussed religion at the beginning.

Religious people don't always behave like they are religious.

They may believe, but don't realize the responsibility to follow their beliefs.

Oo lala! Your naivety and trust is sooooo beguiling!

Guest You are brainwashed
6 minutes ago, Guest Religion is made by Humans said:

We are living in 21st century where everything starting to make sense.
We look at histories, religions and stuff.
Some people just believe as it is. Some people explore if it is true.
No matter what, Its different from people to people.

Just ponder for this. Why there are so many religions and gods and why people have different beliefs even though everyone is capable of seeing the same thing, can comprehend each other thoughts?

No educated human in the 21st century is that stupid. Religions are nothing more than lies. Believers are also deceiving themselves and helping religions to deceive others.

Guest Love ya Stevie but..
24 minutes ago, Steve5380 said:

You are right in an ABSOLUTE sense.  As seen by a Good who sees everything and judges by an inflexible rule.

But if one does not believe that our acts are followed by invisible ghosts who see and know everything, if instead we believe that our interactions are less than perfect and all we know is what we perceive with our senses,  then absolute truth loses its importance to how wise we are in our interactions.

And what is "hurt in the end"?  You believe that in the end a veil is lifted from our eyes and we see clearly everything?  Will this happen only from heaven or also from hell?

Rubbish thoughts.

14 minutes ago, Guest You are brainwashed said:

No educated human in the 21st century is that stupid. Religions are nothing more than lies. Believers are also deceiving themselves and helping religions to deceive others.

But... isn't Thio Le Ann a very "educated" human in the 21 st century?...and see how she believes...

4 minutes ago, Guest Love ya Stevie but.. said:

Being banned by an ex-communucated DICK-tatress had sanitised you like Vagisil.

LOL!  You made me laugh so hard, I don't know if I will be able to sleep tonight. 

I have NO experience with Vagisil, but I may need some stronger prescription to get sanitized.  

Guest Love ya Stevie BUT...
21 minutes ago, Steve5380 said:

LOL!  You made me laugh so hard, I don't know if I will be able to sleep tonight. 

I have NO experience with Vagisil, but I may need some stronger prescription to get sanitized.  

Try Magic Clean! Or just burn your bible and drink it. You need to get rid of it anyway.

Guest Zhombie
54 minutes ago, Steve5380 said:

Maybe a little rubbish but not too much.

How can all lies hurt in the end ??

In the end we are dead and may not even know that we are dead.

You will also not know it if you become the "undead" and need to be bashed-in in the head by a baseball bat. Lol

I don;t know why u guys are having a storm in a teacup moment here,

Image result for storm in a teacup gif

bfd3a319c8.jpeg

Are u all enjoying chasing your own tails ?

chasing tail trained dog GIF

cat chasing GIF

but you all need to remember, that at the end of the day,

ACCORDING TO ATHEIST ON BBC1 PANEL

https://www.worldreligionnews.com/religion-news/religious-people-not-monopoly-morality-according-atheist-bbc1-panel

No Religion Has a Monopoly on God's Truth, Clerics Assert

http://articles.latimes.com/1997-02-01/local/me-24465_1_religious-diversity

Religious do not have monopoly on virtue, Queen tells synod

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2010/nov/23/queen-synod-virtue

The Queen Attends The Ninth Inauguration Of The General Synod

Even the Queen says it, No one, absolutely owns the monopoly of having the whole truth,

the nest time someone religious come and say you need to join them for their religion or say you are sinful for x, x, x reasons.

JUst tell them,

“RELIGIOUS PEOPLE DO NOT HAVE THE MONOPOLY ON MORALITY”

“RELIGIOUS PEOPLE DO NOT HAVE THE MONOPOLY ON MORALITY

They will respect you from then on , really blows their socks off.

how did this thread spin into one about religion?

i am not lying to those who dont need know ah....

whose lan jiao moral compass are they ? and how are they in any position to say who i can and cannot sleep and fuck with ?

judge then judge lor, next time their kids grow up be tinder king/queen, they also dunno.

not as if they ever ask their kids for their done list....... #jiaoweh

Edited by heliumduck

Oh dear. I know how you felt because I had to sit in for a church mass for a mission briefing. For some reason, I didn't felt safe to be myself at all. 

But then again, you have done nothing wrong and you shouldn't care how the perceive who you are.  People are afraid of things they don't understand and to them, they might have had certain values so deeply ingrained into them, that anything foreign that shakes that, is an attack to them. So let them be, everyone is their own hero in their own narrative.

So just yolo, and peace out! Live the way you want, fall in love with whom you want. You have the choice to ignore or let this affect you.

ON A MAJOUR SIDE NOTE! Not all churches are like that, there are the ones which are really welcoming and they provide alot of positive support to LGBTS too. At the end of the day, it all boils down to which part of the bible they interpret and want to focus on.

Guest Church ghost
12 hours ago, Guest Pete43 said:

Could it be you over thought, 对号入座?

Churches often got nothing to talk about, will find things to talk about, and often times do talk about wu eh bo stuffs. Like how womenmust behave in front of their husband’s friends, that if they are smarter than them, must try to act dumb to make their husbands look better, etc. Lol! Clearly nonsensical ramblings that are of low value, misogynistic, sexist and made up as the patriachal speaker went along.

9 hours ago, Guest Love ya Stevie BUT... said:

Try Magic Clean! Or just burn your bible and drink it. You need to get rid of it anyway.

How will I drink a burned bible?  I have to put it in the blender for that.

And today thanks to the Internet the bible is online.

Sorry to say, I find the concept of being gay and going to church.....like going to a pretend party.

My friend who went to church and the church openly told them to oppose the repeal of 377A. I ask my friend so did u agree? Did u voice out you are one who is having gay sex? My friend just kept quite. This is what I can't accept, in church you are force to keep quite so that u can "bend" in. I dispise such an act.

Can't gays just pray at home and be with god from the heart? Must go church and pretend you are who you not to be accepted then u have love of god?

The whole gay and church thing is bullshit to me.

Edited by Ironrod

6 hours ago, heliumduck said:

how did this thread spin into one about religion?

What's wrong with that?  Don't churches teach that religion is the most important thing in our lives?

6 hours ago, heliumduck said:

whose lan jiao moral compass are they ? and how are they in any position to say who i can and cannot sleep and fuck with ?

The people of God have received His Word, and so they possess the knowledge of who God wants you to fuck with. (of course this God has nothing better to do than check on that)

7 hours ago, heliumduck said:

judge then judge lor, next time their kids grow up be tinder king/queen, they also dunno.

not as if they ever ask their kids for their done list....... #jiaoweh

Must be a big shock for them to have created a monster!

6 hours ago, Wafflecorn said:

ON A MAJOUR SIDE NOTE! Not all churches are like that, there are the ones which are really welcoming and they provide alot of positive support to LGBTS too. At the end of the day, it all boils down to which part of the bible they interpret and want to focus on.

So in the end I should eat or throw away my bible and get one written in Aramaic and Hebrew, which I don't understand. In this way I can interpret it in the way I like . 

But you are right. LGBT bashing comes from misinterpretation.  There is this nice book by the episcopal bishop Gene Robinson "God believes in Love" where he dispels the condemnation of gays as misinterpretations,  and he makes a very good case.

Edited by Steve5380

Guest Juicy Jesus
26 minutes ago, Steve5380 said:

How will I drink a burned bible?  I have to put it in the blender for that.

And today thanks to the Internet the bible is online.

Easy! You dissolve the ashes in water. Viola! You now have Jesus Juice. You then bottle and sell them to wide eyed christians in expensive restaurants.

13 minutes ago, Ironrod said:

Sorry to say, I find the concept or being gay and going to church.....like going to a pretend party.

My friend who went to church and they church openly told them to oppose the repeal of 377A. I ask my friend so did u agree? Did u voice out you are one who is having gay sex? My friend just kept quite. This is what I can't accept, in church you are force to keep quite so that u can "bend" in. I dispise such an act.

Can't gays just pray at home and be with god from the heart? Must go church and pretend you are who you not to be accepted then u have love of god?

The whole gay and church thing is bullshit to me.

You are completely right.  How can we as gays, knowing that the "sin of homosexuality" is pure bullshit, can feel any respect for an abrahamic religion? 

We can take it as a cultural experience and feel sorry for the priest who has to put up with it, even if he may be gay himself...

3 minutes ago, Guest Juicy Jesus said:

Easy! You dissolve the ashes in water. Viola! You now have Jesus Juice. You then bottle and sell them to wide eyed christians in expensive restaurants.

Can you do the same downloading an online bible into a memory chip and then pulverizing the chip with a hammer?  Silicon dust should not be harmful to drink.

Guest Jesus loves me yes i know
13 minutes ago, Steve5380 said:

Can you do the same downloading an online bible into a memory chip and then pulverizing the chip with a hammer?  Silicon dust should not be harmful to drink.

That will be more work. You could do that or inhale it from an incense pot. Or line the ashes on the toilet bowl cover, and snot them.

Guest Jesus Bigbang Exodus
1 minute ago, Steve5380 said:

But it would save you having to burn a book and risk setting your house on fire.

With the God of Abraham being as revengeful as he is, this is a definite risk if you burn his book.

Up to you! You could pulverise and snot it, if you are avoiding heavenly tribulations.

1 minute ago, Guest bwah said:

okay i dont know how to insert video but that is how you the answer to your question. just drop it before the metal detector before you die.

okay i figure it out

23 hours ago, Guest Pete43 said:

Attending church is a social event.  I sensed that the church members are rather warm towards both of you.  You felt that you are not being honest with them because you hid your sexual identity.   I suggest that you check this church stance towards LGBT.   

Being religious and being spiritual is different.  Being spiritual is your personal relationship with God.  Being religious  can mean other things.  You need to ask what you seeking.

• 1 year later...

Not all religions have negative views on homosexuality. Even amongst the various Christian denominations, you will find that some are more gay-friendly than others. That said, many of the churches in Singapore have been heavily influenced by the rather militant evangelical movement in the US. Take a look at the churches in Europe and you may find many more tolerant views.

Even then, don't write off a denomination, due to the corporate stance on certain issues. You may find pastors and lay leaders of some of their churches, who are much more moderate. Of course, it swings both ways, and some moderate denominations have pastors that are all fire and brimstone...

Ultimately, if you are wanting to find a church, take some time visiting various churches before you make up your mind where you want to put down roots. Singapore is still a small country (although we get awfully intolerant of commuting), and it may still be worth settling in a church that is an hour's journey away.

Слава Україні!

of course... the govt, ours & other countries, and the rich businessmen, have so many dirty secrets hidden in their closet.

and their policies, and games, will affect the lives of the common folks.

All organized religions deceive.   Their ministers, pastors, etc. make false statements.  They may not realize this, because the religion compromises their reason.  They may be honest believers, good people who haven't thought twice where the doctrine they must preach comes from.

What is this DECEPTION?  Very simple.

They claim that their doctrines are TRUE.  When in reality they are beliefs, perhaps no more than speculations.

It is unknown how many of today's heads of a religion have had supernatural experiences with contacts with the divinity they worship.  To just have a religious trance does not count,  because even a drunk has trances  (delirium tremens), and mental patients have them too.  To have religious feelings doesn't count either,  because even an agnostic like me has such feelings.  Therefore I suspect that all the religious professionals alive today have learned their religion from no other source than hearsay.  This does not mean that they are liars.  They may honestly believe that their doctrines are true. But they should have the honesty to say that what they teach, preach is a belief,  not a truth.

Edited by Steve5380

7 hours ago, sgmaven said:

Not all religions have negative views on homosexuality. Even amongst the various Christian denominations, you will find that some are more gay-friendly than others. That said, many of the churches in Singapore have been heavily influenced by the rather militant evangelical movement in the US. Take a look at the churches in Europe and you may find many more tolerant views.

Some churches do have a more liberal view on gay people. Sadly, though, some Singapore Christian Churches are little more than sects in my view. They have been heavily influenced by the televangelical movement in the USA. Too many of these were proved to be built on sand. Jim Bakker and his wife Tammy Faye with her make-up lathered face founded the Praise The Lord Ministry based on one sentence in the Bible that claimed it is good to be rich. For a time gullible TV viewers contributed over US$1 million a week in the hope of becoming rich. Eventually the house of cards came crumbling down amid proof of sexual misconduct including homosexuality, rape, drug dependency, lavish lifestyles, love of glitz and outright fraud. The Church collapsed, Bakker went to jail for 8 years. His successor called him "a cancer in the body of Christ."

The awful Jimmy Swaggart led another sect. He was discovered to have consorted with prostitutes. On tv he made a tearful confession and plea for redemption. Then he was found with his pants down again - and banned.

Kenneth Copeland, another allegedly "Christian" leader, was discovered to own an airport and three private jets. Yet another, Joel Osteen denied access to a stadium he owns to people fleeing from a hurricane. SO much for Christianity as a caring religion. His net worth is estimated at $50 million.

One problem in the USA is that these sects are given tax exempt status. I imagine the same may be true in Singapore. Choose your church/sect wisely.

Edited by InBangkok

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.