Male HQ

Do you wear makeup?

Guest Bogart

Hi, is it alright for guys to wear makeup especially if you are not a sissy type? I’m very manly but I’m a bit losing confidence because of acne marks in my face. Had tried using concealer but people looked at me whenever outside as if i’m being judged  for wearing one.

If u are worried about others looking at you while putting on a make up why not just take the money and get some good products for your face ? better cure it than risk forever having to put make up. Also, if u are already facing acne problem, putting on make up might risk the chance of it being worse than what it is at the moment. Save your money on the make up and get better products/ moisturizer / eat healthy and exercise regularly. U will be surprised on how small changes like this will improve your skin condition alot.

P/s: please also cut down on oily food. 

I think in this day and age, a little cosmetic help for men is no longer something to be judged but the key thing is that, it needs to LOOK NATURAL. so for a concealer or coverup, please take the time to find one that matches your skin exactly.

I do rely on concealer from time to time, when I look tired, or need to look extra polished for events/occasions. A friend of mine who is a makeup artist also did my brows once, i liked the look, but never try to replicate - it takes skill which i do not have haha.

acne marks, especially pitted scars, those are a bit hard to cover up. but if they are just red marks, or ones that have turned dark as it heals, a skin-matched concealer will be your magic tool, look for brands that have a wide range of skin tones.

hope that helps, Bogart!

🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑

51 minutes ago, tomcat said:

I think in this day and age, a little cosmetic help for men is no longer something to be judged but the key thing is that, it needs to LOOK NATURAL. so for a concealer or coverup, please take the time to find one that matches your skin exactly.

I do rely on concealer from time to time, when I look tired, or need to look extra polished for events/occasions. A friend of mine who is a makeup artist also did my brows once, i liked the look, but never try to replicate - it takes skill which i do not have haha.

acne marks, especially pitted scars, those are a bit hard to cover up. but if they are just red marks, or ones that have turned dark as it heals, a skin-matched concealer will be your magic tool, look for brands that have a wide range of skin tones.

hope that helps, Bogart!

did your brows? as in he thread your brows or more of drew your brows, i m trying to get pp to help me draw!

Any experts in brow drawing???

(to a japanese, looking good publicly is a very basic form of courtesy @bigdanbeam and i think this should apply to all ethnics/race)

u need concealer to help u look energetic, then u must be really tired? i rather skip the event -  no matter how important it is
If it is really important, i will get myself prepared with enough sleep, if i knew i mustnt skip an event after a long day of work/activitiy

5 hours ago, Guest Bogart said:

Hi, is it alright for guys to wear makeup especially if you are not a sissy type? I’m very manly but I’m a bit losing confidence because of acne marks in my face. Had tried using concealer but people looked at me whenever outside as if i’m being judged  for wearing one.

If the concealer helps you to feel more confident, by all means, put it on. It is ok to wear light make-up if it boosts your confidence. All actors wear make-up and they don't feel less "man". 

5 hours ago, Guest Bogart said:

Tried water therapy for a week?  Just drink plenty of water for a week (but do not overdose it )

There's nothing wrong with wearing makeup. Just because makeup is mostly marketed towards women, men can wear makeup- it's just that the general media industry doesn't promote it a lot. And anyway, we've always been exposed to men wearing cosmetics, we just aren't told about it.

Look at actors, whether in local TV or movies. They all wear some make up! 

Image result for chris evans

My advise is that you identify what kind of acne there are: there's white heads, black heads and cystic acne. The first two is treatable, the third, not so much. Find facial cleansers that are meant for acne. The next thing you should buy is either benzoyl peroxide and/or salicylic acid. If your condition is rather serious, you can apply a combination of both creams on your skin as prevention and treatment. Acne cream isn't just meant for healing acne, you can use it to prevent pimples from forming.

The next way you can sort of "masque" the imperfections is using BB cream with SPF of 30 at least. It's dual purpose; the BB cream, with the right tint, will fade the red and dark blemish spots into your natural skin tone, while providing some protection against sunlight. 

Hope this helps!

Tech Reviewer on Rhyn Reviews and YouTube: https://youtube.com/rhynreviews.

If your acne marks aren't too obvious, then you won't need full on makeup. Just a bit of concealer should do the trick.

Try brands like NARS and Urban Decay. They have a wide range of colours, and they mask facial flaws well. But remember to remove any makeup with a makeup remover; otherwise, your pores may end up being congested. 

Guest make up

I did one time when I had to go to a job interview because I had some pimples around the mouth area on that time. My mum showed me how to cover up.

I actually got the job...

16 hours ago, tomcat said:

I do rely on concealer from time to time, when I look tired, or need to look extra polished for events/occasions...

15 hours ago, -Ignored- said:

u need concealer to help u look energetic, then u must be really tired? i rather skip the event -  no matter how important it is

nolah, it's not to look energetic but to even or correct skintone. i think for occasions/event where you will be photographed, it's just as you say, common courtesy to look decent for your host, esp if you have been invited to a life event or celebration. mostly i just use under the eyes and around nose if the skin there is red.

15 hours ago, -Ignored- said:

did your brows? as in he thread your brows or more of drew your brows, i m trying to get pp to help me draw!

he used like 3-4 different products just on the brows alone, it's all very little and fast but together with his skill my brows looks fuller, darker and more sculpted. the whole face looks better, i think due to more contrast against skintone and also better framing of the face. look younger and like i dont know how to describe also.

he did teach me and ask me to practice, since i dont use anything but sunscreen usually, but yea. minimum effort, maximum results. but on top of the skill, it's also about a sensitivity of knowing when to stop. 

my biggest fear is to have nike sign, black caterpillars, angry bird eyebrows.

🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑

10 minutes ago, tomcat said:

nolah, it's not to look energetic but to even or correct skintone. i think for occasions/event where you will be photographed, it's just as you say, common courtesy to look decent for your host, esp if you have been invited to a life event or celebration. mostly i just use under the eyes and around nose if the skin there is red.

he used like 3-4 different products just on the brows alone, it's all very little and fast but together with his skill my brows looks fuller, darker and more sculpted. the whole face looks better, i think due to more contrast against skintone and also better framing of the face. look younger and like i dont know how to describe also.

he did teach me and ask me to practice, since i dont use anything but sunscreen usually, but yea. minimum effort, maximum results. but on top of the skill, it's also about a sensitivity of knowing when to stop. 

my biggest fear is to have nike sign, black caterpillars, angry bird eyebrows.

nike sign? wont lah , who would do this on your brow?

i felt giddy following some of the youtube, i m impressed that all women can do it even without any teachings

envy
u have free demo!!!

2 hours ago, -Ignored- said:

nike sign? wont lah , who would do this on your brow?

i felt giddy following some of the youtube, i m impressed that all women can do it even without any teachings

envy
u have free demo!!!

actually, you might be surprised. because the makeup artist friend mentioned that 1. there is the natural brow shape, 2. there is flattering shape that can be introduced.

i guess the skill is to transform the natural brow (if it's not good) into a flattering one. so there is a wide margin of error actually, especially when the person is inexperienced.

also he said, when you are just doing brows, do it up close but step back every 5 mins to check, if you have gone into angry bird territory.

🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑

Guest Old Timer

Sometimes when I meet some tv personalities by chance, they look really bad without makeup.

One case when I saw one guy being interviewed on tv, his face was smooth and nice. So I find him attractive. But when I chanced upon him outside, I was shocked that he has so much acne scars.  Then I realized the power of makeup. 

China TV and movies makeup in the old days used to be laughingly crude like opera painted faces bc communists propaganda that they are down to earth people. But now they use so much makeup, I really have no idea who is real who is fake. Those like fan pin pin look so artificial like plastic, yet she considered beautiful? 

On 10/18/2018 at 12:41 AM, Guest Bogart said:

It is alright for guys to wear makeup especially if you are not a sissy type.  I'm quite manly but I could be losing confidence because at my 70+ years my face could be full of wrinkles and dark spots.  Instead, I get botox injections and use products with glycolic acid and other stuff plus a sunscreen cream of SPF 50 to fend off my chronological age.

What kind of make up do you mean, bogart? If concealer alone, people won't even notice unless at very distance. Concealer is use on specific targeted area too.

Don't forget to use a good make up remover or else it will clog/breed more pimples. The irony of covering pimples but end up getting even more underneath. It's not going to solve the problem but a temporary fix if you understand what you're getting. Face problem is such a pain in our hot humid weather, a very common case in our country. See a doctor if your condition worsen. 

Blend, blend, and blend some more. And use any product sparingly, whether it's foundation, concealer or powder. Let parts of your skin show through and cover only the problematic areas. 

I use a bit of eyebrow pencil to lengthen and thicken my eye brows. 

Then brush through carefully to blend and fade it away, leaving behind a shadow. 

• 8 months later...

I wear concealer because I have scar on my face. I got it when I was bitten by a dog when I was younger. Anyone else here who wears makeup everyday?

On 10/18/2018 at 4:39 PM, tomcat said:

Yes the keyword is to look natural. The best makeup for men is after putting it on, it improves your looks without people realising you have makeup on.

Bogart, people looked at you maybe because you look good? Or maybe you did not smooth out the concealer evenly? What makes you think you were being judged?

Anyway, just keep on practicing on your makeup skills till you look natural with makeup on.

Guest Masc btm

Last time when I was in Bangkok, I noticed some people applying talc powder on their face and neck. They say it's a good sunscreen too.That's when I bought some of that famous Thai talc powder and apply them on my face and neck when it gets too hot.

I realised that I had applied too much when the tuk tuk driver kept looking at me through the rear view mirror. I smiled and he smiled back. I took out a packet of condom while pretending to be looking for money in my pouch to pay the fare. He reached back during a traffic red light stop and touched my thigh and told me, "sui mak mak, you queen, I king?"

He wheeled into some quiet residential back lane with nice tall vegetation. He touched me all over and managed to strip me naked in that very tight space. I had my legs wide open and my feet bracing against the roof of the tuk tuk when he penetrated me. It was such a tight fit that he couldn't move much and I was feeling crushed like a bug.

The whole tuk tuk was wobbly when he moved. We were literally face to face. Still he could expertly just wiggle his lower pelvis and drilled into me. He bit on my big pecs when he's climaxing into the condom. He's must have being sex starved to come so quickly. He removed the condom and checked that I was merely wet from precum. He wanted to shake it for for me but I declined. There's plenty of sex later for me. He understood.

On 7/20/2019 at 11:38 AM, Guest Okay said:

Yes the keyword is to look natural. The best makeup for men is after putting it on, it improves your looks without people realising you have makeup on.

Bogart, people looked at you maybe because you look good? Or maybe you did not smooth out the concealer evenly? What makes you think you were being judged?

Anyway, just keep on practicing on your makeup skills till you look natural with makeup on.

If the concealer is an exact match, it just needs light evening out at the edges. I notice that just for concealer, it is tricky - esp if your skin changes during different times of the year. And also some concealers discolour/oxidise over time. Just something to remember.

Although if you can get away with bare face, do it! Don't feel pressured to wear makeup if you dont need it!

On 7/21/2019 at 11:38 PM, Guest Masc btm said:

Last time when I was in Bangkok, I noticed some people applying talc powder on their face and neck. They say it's a good sunscreen too.That's when I bought some of that famous Thai talc powder and apply them on my face and neck when it gets too hot.

I realised that I had applied too much when the tuk tuk driver kept looking at me through the rear view mirror. I smiled and he smiled back. I took out a packet of condom while pretending to be looking for money in my pouch to pay the fare. He reached back during a traffic red light stop and touched my thigh and told me, "sui mak mak, you queen, I king?"

Good tip, I might try that! hahah. What did you use? too much, meaning too white? I use the Srichand powder for men, which is a translucent powder.

🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑

Guest interview
On 7/18/2019 at 10:53 PM, Guest Feme said:

I wear concealer because I have scar on my face. I got it when I was bitten by a dog when I was younger. Anyone else here who wears makeup everyday?

I only did it once, my mum helped me because I had an interview and to unknown reasons had these funny pimples on my face out of a blue just 2 days prior to that interview, which was important to me (got the job actually). Actually, don't know what she used but my skin looked ok for that interview.

But I heard that for acne cases putting on make up is not a good solution as it covers the skin and may cause even more problems.

As many suggested above I would seek advice from an expert first, spend some money and find out what it best to help you.

Totally changing food habits can be helpful too. Just eat vegetarian for 2 months, skip any fried or oily thing and see if the skin improves.

And don't stay out of the sunlight. many people tend to stay in the dark but this worsens conditions very often.

But I am aware , many skin problems relate to stress. Maybe you need to get rid of the stress or start to handle stress situations better. I know it is easier done than said, but you should ask yourself why you have the skin irritation. Otherwise you stress yourself even further and then it is a vicious cycle.

As we do not know age and habits can't really advise in a good manner, therefore, seek a professional doctor to help on your issues.

1 hour ago, Guest interview said:

I only did it once, my mum helped me because I had an interview and to unknown reasons had these funny pimples on my face out of a blue just 2 days prior to that interview, which was important to me (got the job actually). Actually, don't know what she used but my skin looked ok for that interview.

But I heard that for acne cases putting on make up is not a good solution as it covers the skin and may cause even more problems.

As many suggested above I would seek advice from an expert first, spend some money and find out what it best to help you.

Totally changing food habits can be helpful too. Just eat vegetarian for 2 months, skip any fried or oily thing and see if the skin improves.

And don't stay out of the sunlight. many people tend to stay in the dark but this worsens conditions very often.

But I am aware , many skin problems relate to stress. Maybe you need to get rid of the stress or start to handle stress situations better. I know it is easier done than said, but you should ask yourself why you have the skin irritation. Otherwise you stress yourself even further and then it is a vicious cycle.

As we do not know age and habits can't really advise in a good manner, therefore, seek a professional doctor to help on your issues.

Don't mind me asking, where are you from?

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

Guest Blank

I don't wear make up, I think this is way too much especially in our hot humid weather which will make you look like some melted cake. Even some girls don't wear make up.

Agree, I ever saw a supposedly top used so much foundation that the face and the neck are 2 different races.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
On 4/10/2021 at 12:30 AM, Guest Remi29 said:

Where to buy makeup for men or gay? I have sensitive skin but I would like to try makeup

Kiehl's cc cream

• 3 months later...
Guest Vainity Fare

I am trying to do makeup myself, but often failed because people thought I look like "Lao Yao" with make=up.  Is there any professioanl course out there to learn proper makeup?

Just now, Since u r here said:

hmmmmm, u sure they are supposed to work that way?

Sunblocks are usually very white in colour, no?

there is no hard and fast rules to using makeup. U can use lipsticks on cheeks, mascara on browz etc

tinted sun screen not only protect scars from darkening if exposed to sun over longer period, they also can cover scars more naturally if use sparingly. Choose the tint that suits your complexion. Wait for awhile before going out the color will be more natural

3 minutes ago, Guest Vainity Fare said:

I am trying to do makeup myself, but often failed because people thought I look like "Lao Yao" with make=up.  Is there any professioanl course out there to learn proper makeup?

dont aim to cover every inch of your face, start by only forehead and cheeks

as your skill gets better then cover more areas on your face, you will get better and look less wayang

Guest I want the Skill

The worse make-up are Singapore media corp actors and actress.  They can't do a proper brow and sometime male actors look quite cakey, like a corpse.  The best make-up are mostly those from hollywood actors/actress, often with close up face scene on big screen. They look awake and natural unlike our local actors/actress/ 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.