Male HQ

How to remove jock itch?

Guest Ren

I got this recurring jock itch for several months now and my groin area has already darken. Embarrassing also to whoever I hooked up with. Any idea how to treat it and bring back the nice color of my skin down there?

Guest Sore Ass
13 hours ago, Guest Ren said:

I got this recurring jock itch for several months now and my groin area has already darken. Embarrassing also to whoever I hooked up with. Any idea how to treat it and bring back the nice color of my skin down there?

As long as it is not infectious,  your sex buddy will not mind a little imperfect color down there.  My last sex was with a Malaysian Malay who has a black patch there,  it is dry  and to touch but it did not dampen our sex play.

Guest not a doctor

i had it a year ago too. 

if you dont want to see the doctor, you can go get anti fungal cream from watsons or guardian and apply on the affected areas daily. it took about 2 weeks for me before the itch subsided. as for the discolouration, you need to take a couple of months before the color goes back to the normal. but once you get it treated, it will slowly fade away too (dont worry too much about it, cure the itch first)
also, after showering, make sure you dry the area thoroughly before you wear your clothes. at night, if possible, wear something loose (like boxers, the point is to keep it dry and airy at all times)

p.s. not a doctor so dont take it like a bible. you should probably google jock itch yourself, you pretty much get the same advice as what i've typed. 

Guest Treat Crotch Problems

I can't believe an adult has to come to an internet forum with such a question. Athletes foot, jock itch, and ring worm are all caused by three related types of fungus (tinea) and can be treated by rubbing over the counter creams or ointments on the infected area. You can buy such creams or ointments at Giant, Guardian, Watsons, etc. You can also buy alternative creams or ointments at pharmacies. And embarrassment is no excuse as you can fib and say you have athletes foot if anybody asks since the treatment is the same.

On a very serious note, and this advice is for everybody reading this forum, when there is something wrong with your crotch -- figure out the problem immediately -- and get it treated immediately. It disgusts me that somebody would leave a simple issue like jock itch untreated for several months, continue hooking up during such a time, and potentially spread the jock itch to other guys (skin-to-skin rubbing can, in certain cases, transfer the tinea fungus to different people). This same carelessness is how STDs are passed on.

Guest Itchy Ass
1 hour ago, Guest Blank said:

What exactly is jock itch? Is just itchy only or some infection? 

Probably ring worm that is causing it.  The more he scratches, the more the ring gets wider.  Quite infectious.  Scary.

Instead of shaming members, provide solutions.

Overall, the best jock-itch drug is a topical antifungal cream like miconazole, clotrimazole, or terbinafine, assuming the condition is produced by a fungus. If the jock itch does not improve within two to three weeks of treatment, then a physician should be consulted.

In most cases, jock itch can be treated at home effectively. You can try the following remedies to get rid of the infection: Apply an over-the-counter antifungal cream, powder, or spray to the affected area. Wash the affected area thoroughly with soap and warm water.

• Dry the affected area thoroughly after bathing and exercise.
  • Change clothes and undergarments every day.
  • Wear loose cotton clothing.
  • Treat any other fungal infections, such as athlete's foot. 
Edited by superflawless

You can catch tinea (tinea cruris) from another person, either via direct contact or from sharing items such as clothing or towels. It is also possible to catch tinea from pets such as dogs and cats.

Jock itch usually affects young men and teenage boys. Fungus thrives in warm, moist environments, so athletes and people who sweat a lot are at increased risk.

Other factors that can increase your susceptibility to developing fungal infections include:

• having diabetes;
  • being overweight or obese (which can aggravate chafing and sweating in the groin area);
  • having other skin conditions (such as eczema);
  • having had previous fungal skin infections; and
  • having a weakened immune system (due to illness or medicines used to treat other conditions).

Antifungal medicine that is applied directly (topical antifungal) to the groin rash is the usual treatment for jock itch.

Antifungals come in a variety of preparations, including:

• cream;
  • gel;
  • solution;
  • powder; and
  • spray.

Topical antifungals are usually available from your pharmacist. The pharmacist will be able to advise you which product is best for you.

Edited by superflawless

Going to our local gay saunas and any other gay saunas is a good source of getting any sort of  skin fungal disease .

Tinea cruris and all those tineas ring worms find a good host in all the customers who frequent gay saunas , and then use the shared many used towels to wipe the body then the groins areas,

unless the towels are very hygineically cleaned with very hot water, for long timeand thendried with very high temperatures clothes drier, towels from saunas will transmit fungal infection from one customer to another customer like wild fire,

plus many clients of gay saunas may be HIV immune compromised individuals already, so they are easier to catch fungal infection and spread them too.

So far the saunas with the cleanest towels should be keybox, high turnover profitable and willing to spend more for clean towels, drier hot fresh from tge oven,

On 10/19/2018 at 3:14 AM, GachiMuchi said:

Better consult a doctor before you itch caused you skin to turn black and if treatment is not done, you will have to live with black patch for the rest of your life.

Thumbs UP !!

Guest Clean Yourself Now
1 hour ago, Guest Huh said:

Can it really be there?

Under the armpits, it is more likely to be ringworm, although theoretically it might also be jock itch. Ringworm = Tinea Corporis // Jock Itch = Tinea Cruris // Athlete's Foot = Tinea Pedis.

Apply Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar (those orange ones with "mother" sediment") it will kill any fungal infection and allow the skin to heal beautifully. But oh boy does it stings and stinks, but if you want a solution that is not a prescription/over counter drug, this is your best bet.

I grew up playing rugby and then later on enjoyed kayaking/watersports, so I did get itchy bumps at the thigh area, where the shorts were constantly wet/moist. I tried the cream, but only ACV did the job.

Today, i learned to just change out of wet shorts/clothes, as soon as I am able to. I think last time, it's all peer pressure to just chill with friends, instead of running to change. But, well, we learn with age. 

The skin heals with no marks at all. I even treat my pets with it, sometimes when they have scratches or small wounds. 

🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑

• 1 year later...
Guest Possible Cause

Sometimes the itch could be caused by genital lice which is easy to transmit thru sexual contact. 

I always notice that Indian Foreign Workers always scratching their crotch in public, has anyone else noticed that? Those who enjoy playing with them should be careful. Not sure what the itch is all about.

• 1 year later...
Guest Jock itch
1 hour ago, Guest itchly said:

Sorry the link above is not working. Click this one.

https://ibb.co/Df2zVmY

Looks like a fungal infection. Dude, go to the pharmacy and get yourself a tube of anti fungal cream and apply until iy is clear. May take up to 2 tubes to totally clean it out. 

Always bath cleanly after exercise or when sweaty. Keep clean and dry thoroughly after bath. And don't wear too tight underpants. 

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/jock-itch/symptoms-causes/syc-20353807

3 hours ago, Guest itchy said:

Can everyone help to me to take look? Is it some STD?

It has been 4 weeks. I saw 2 patches of rashes and they are itchy. I kee scratching until the skin breaks.

Only free to go DSC next week that's why need advice here first.

When was your last sex? 

Guest Neh Neh Pok

If you haven't had sex, it could be heat rash from wearing thick cotton undies. Or even tight ones that ride up and irritate you inner thighs. 

Trying switching to those microfiber ones. Very good for humid climate. Keeps your package aired and cooled. Skinxwear is very good for this.

If it's STD, normally grow on your dick or shaft. Sometimes on balls.

See your GP first.

Guest Yes it is

It's fungal infection.

Just buy 2 tubes of antifungal cream from pharmacy https://www.guardian.com.sg/guardian-anti-fungal-cream-15g/p/000702 Follow instructions, apply twice daily and continue for additional two weeks after all the fungus is gone. Keep the groin dry. Additionally, use antifungal powder on the the groin if it is often damp.

After shower, it is best to dry the area with help of a fan before you apply the cream.

Someone here mentioned the underwear - it is true that certain material can trap moisture at the groin, making it easy for fungal infection to infect and spread. Best to wear those are are quick-dry material, or airy boxers. Wear underwear or shorts to sleep, not both.

Use a colour-bleach (I use Kao liquid colour bleach) to add to your washing detergent to help sanitise the underwear and clothes.

Don't worry too much, as this is a common thing - also called jock itch.

Guest tight n sweat

the itch can start from too tight pants too. must not be only from underwear. or from sports activity, like from the bicycle seat if it rubbs too much on this area. Then it is itchy and you rub over and over and fungal starts to spread.

The first week, let your skin auto dry after shower if you have time, and don't rub with a towel on the area.

Once the area is dry, apply the cream.

Don't take bleach as recommended. Normal washing of clothes at 30 degrees is sufficient to kill all bacteria. The bleach is actually too aggressive and counterproductive for healing.

Don't wash the area too aggressively with soap or shower gel.

Avoid for the area to get sweaty. Like when you reach home, blow a fan against it (not that other blowing ok. ha ha) until it is dry.

Once recovered, try not wear any extremely tight pants or underwear. and change your boxer shorts or Pyjama to sleep more frequently and don't use the same for 1 month.

Better not to wear underwear to sleep but something giving some space.

On 10/31/2020 at 3:00 PM, Guest itchy said:

It has been 4 weeks. I saw 2 patches of rashes and they are itchy. I kee scratching until the skin breaks.

I think this forum needs a resident doctor to cater to all these questions.

Asking random people here is akin to Googling for all your answers.

Best is to go see a real doctor at the clinic if the condition is really that pressing and worth concerning about. No?

What's the worst case scenario? Embarrassment? Wouldn't it be worse when it gets so bad that they need to amputate your dick?

Just go see a bona fide doctor and have yourself fixed up for medical conditions.  

Relying on the advices of forumers is like playing a game of Russian roulette...why leave life and well-being in the hands of strangers without medical background behind the monitors of their devices?

It is like skin fungal just get anti fungal cream at pharmacy. Trim your pubic hair or best for time being shave so when you apply the cream it get better absorbtion. At night apply the cream and wear something loose. For daily underwear try to invest a liitle bit more as you get better quality fabric like micro fiber.

See a doctor. Don't self medicate. The skin around that region is very delicate. If you use cream that is too strong, it may wear out the skin and result in permanent unsightly stretched marks.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/31/2020 at 3:00 PM, Guest itchy said:

Ringworm

🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑

Sometime is due to the detergent there is a washing detergent good for hyper sensitive skin no fragrance and base on plant extract. The brand  is seven generation you can get it at cold storage.

• 4 months later...

Try to wear loose undies during this period .

Do apply antiseptic or anti fungal powder after your shower .

Do go to the doctor to pick up some cream to apply at the affected area .

Alternatively , take a short dosage of anti -fungal medication to speed up the healing process . 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.