Male HQ

35+ year old married men still living in parents house.

Guest What

• 1 month later...
On 9/26/2019 at 9:07 PM, auscent said:

Im not sure if its ethical to force ur parents to compromise by living with and hence puttung up with married children.

Why not? Parents are indebted to their children.

On 9/26/2019 at 6:31 PM, HydroNaut said:

Think this is gonna be another NTUC Income ad....but this time round, the parent is the Victim. Wahahahaha......:)

I strongly disagree. It is usually the mother who refuse to let the son move out. I have seen many examples of such behaviour where the mother will make the son guilt stricken! These mothers mentally make their sons to stay with them so that the sons will take care and make financial payments to support their mother's lifestyle. These mothers refuse to cut strings for financial gain as their husbands can no longer support their lifestyle due to old age.

Women are tge downfall of men!

38 minutes ago, Guest Yikes said:

Yes if the children are leechers.

Only people who do not understand the context of living in Singapore can say such things. Must be another foreign trash.  LOL! 

My parents wanted me to stay out alone, so that they too can have their own freedom.  It all boils down to family comfort.  Certain countries like American, the teen are supposed to plan for their own survival and independence and advised to stay out of the parents home..  Whereas in other countries, usually the 3rd world,  parents would prefer their family to stay together as a bond.  In singapore, the line is not very clear due to higher education and mostly "affordable" accomodations, be it renting, owning a flat.   I believed many Singaporeans prefer to live on their own, unless they are too poor to buy a house, or their parents too old to prevent them from seeking alternative, or the house is locked by joint-name accoupatnts thus you cannot own another flat.

On 10/20/2018 at 11:26 AM, Guest What said:

Anyone find it ridiculous that in SG there are quite a number of married men still staying in parent's house.

The asian concept of communal living is common in Singapore.

In the West, the parents would chase their children out of their houses by the time they turn 18; they're expected to make their own living without help from the parents.

Most parents in SG still want to keep in contact with their married children, perhaps even hoping for some 天伦之乐 in their waning years. 

As a parent, I would expect one would want to ensure their children are eating and living well. And how best to ensure that than living together so you can SEE whether they are living and eating well?

I have 3 siblings, though. So even for a 4 room flat, it is still quite squeezy, with me and my 3 brothers in a bedroom. 

My big brother moved out when he got married, and I already have plans to buy my own flat when I turn 35.

All that's left is my sister staying with my parents; my 2nd brother also already bought his own BTO and has been staying in it since last year.

She is also intending to buy her own flat, though, and will probably move out eventually.

So, ridiculous? No, perfectly reasonable, for an asian country like SG.

Most parents want their children to be independent and lead their own lives. Those who force their children to live with them are either selfish or have serious sickness.

Then there is another category of children who refuse to move out so that they can leech on free lodgings/food from parents. These people are the scum of society and a laughable joke! 

• 4 months later...
Guest guest

Parents who want their children to stay with them partly should be they are getting old, and it is good to have children around to take care of them. If children moved out, it might be troublesome for them to keep going back, esp if they stay far. So there is nothing wrong also. 

• 1 year later...
On 3/10/2020 at 1:17 PM, Guest guest said:

Parents who want their children to stay with them partly should be they are getting old, and it is good to have children around to take care of them. If children moved out, it might be troublesome for them to keep going back, esp if they stay far. So there is nothing wrong also. 

But when the child is disabled and parent is getting old, even more difficult. 

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Live A Good Life

Live with parents

Live alone

Live with partner

Who cares? 

It's nobody's business who I live with and how I live my life

People have to stop listening to all these useless narratives 

People also need to stop criticising others for their way of life

Go ride a bike or have sex instead

On 11/5/2019 at 12:52 PM, Nipoet said:

The asian concept of communal living is common in Singapore.

In the West, the parents would chase their children out of their houses by the time they turn 18; they're expected to make their own living without help from the parents.

Damn right on that. I was chase out by my dad (in a nice way) to be on my own feet.  Well, just gonna need to do whatever to survive.  Stripper, gay for pay, whatever.

On 6/5/2021 at 7:27 PM, Zealouslogue said:

But when the child is disabled and parent is getting old, even more difficult. 

Damn right.  Its a good value to have.  I have a few asian friends, yup, they have their parents over to stay with them instead, so as to take care.  So, it aint always the children staying in the parents' place but the opposite is true as well. 

I got no issue with my sexuality as gay at home to me staying alone is the best policy as it is very privacy and I cant wait to get my flat which I gonna heck ll the wall to make it a apartment in New York  with super big kig size bed with minimalist interior. Can wait for my key and start  the renovation.

On 6/17/2021 at 2:17 AM, evianguy said:

Not all “in the west”, Jewish mothers in America are also loath to sever their son’s apron strings. 

Overheard at the temple: Oy vey! Poor Mrs. Cohen's son just ran off with that gentile from Singapore. He was such a mensch, a good boy. Who knew he is into guys? 

Love. 

12 hours ago, doncoin said:

Overheard at the temple: Oy vey! Poor Mrs. Cohen's son just ran off with that gentile from Singapore. He was such a mensch, a good boy. Who knew he is into guys? 

wow that word ...gentile...have not heard it in a longggggg time. haha

how abt philistine?

Guest Gentoo
12 hours ago, mate69 said:

wow that word ...gentile...have not heard it in a longggggg time. haha

how abt philistine?

yah lor so cheem words

which temple got aunties use these vocab?

• 6 months later...
On 1/20/2022 at 1:38 PM, mith said:

i am not married.

but i didn't move out of my parents house until i have my own bto at 48.

yeah, a lot of conflicts esp as one get older.

Inevitable.  Conflict is quite common among family members.  Different personality, different habbits.  Best is to set up your own roof and be the boss yourself.

It's perfectly ok and acceptable if a married man wants to stay with my parents after he got married. Our parents are getting older and there must be someone there to look after them. They had looked after us when we were young. So it's our turn now to care for them. 

That's my thinking. 😐

Guest Try and see

In S'pore's context, it's traditionally quite common for the wife to move into the husband's house after marriage, so that she can take care of her in-laws.

What I find very funny is that nowadays, it is common for the guy to move into the wife's house!

In my block, I know two neighbours who had that arrangement i.e. the guy moves into the wife's house after marriage.

In my own extended family, there's also a guy who moved into my cousin's (his wife) house after marriage.

It's like now all these straight guys all got no balls liao. 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.