Male HQ

Beware of Scammers in Fridae / Grindr /Jackd / Growlr / Blue / Tinder / Google Hangouts apps etc. (compiled)

Guest victim

Hi all, there is a syndicate group targeting our community now.

i got to know this person by the name/profile of "frank scott" from fridae. he told me he wanted to buy a house or apartment in Singapore about 1 month ago. he said he does not know anyone in Singapore so i offer to help. he had been calling and email me all these while saying that he is coming to Singapore yesterday. He is from UK and often travel. his mobile number is always unknown number when he call you (+447539580075 or +447031802633).

yesterday someone by name of emily wong (+60102799735) called and she claimed to be calling from malaysia customs called me saying that Frank is carrying too much cash and need to pay tax. he can only afford some amount as they had seized all his luggage. so they called me to help to pay the reminding 5000 malaysia Ringgit. i was abit skeptical but in order to save him, i went ahead. i know things happen in Malaysia customs. when asked for the account number to tranfer the money, they gave me a personal account name "Hassan Abdul Karim".Immediately i questioned why is it not a Malaysia customs name or dept. Western Union tranfer of fund does not need account number" She replied that this is the correct account.

1 hour later she called again and said that he need to pay insurance to ensure that the money can comes to Singapore. This time they demanded RM 11800. i immediately turned down as i do not know this person and have no obligation to help. So they reduce to RM 10000. I also asked why is there a need to pay insurance, if he is in Singapore, i can assist him if he have difficulty. Frank was crying at the back and beg for assistance. I recommend to make police report.I told him to contact his family and company for help, but he said the time is still early in London. And i also mentioned if he have access to his luggage, he should be able to take out money from his brief case.i was not very sure if this is real cases Frank also booked a hotel in Singapore and i checked with hotel there is indeed a booking. I draw the money from the bank and went to western union again, this time they stopped me from sending the money saying that one remit per day to one person. Emily called again and this time gave me another account by name of Harry Michael. then the supervisor asked me why i need to transfer so much money, i told them the reason and she called Western Union. Western Union informed that there is a syndicate group from UK and actively in Asia. this is a know thing in Western Union and whenever there is such transaction, they will be on alert. they also given me a website www.419bittenus.com it has all the pictures of the group and stories of all victims.they told me to ignore the call. luckily the RM 10000 money didnt went thru this time. however this time every 3 minutes Emily Wong keeps calling i ignore the call.

Last nite i made a police report believing that this is a syndicate group. i also called up the hotel they told me frank scott delayed his schedule to Singapore due to some custom issues. I was still hesitating. I also called Frank and he was blaming me for not helping him. he was abit worried when he heard there is a siren sound behind and keep asking me what was it. I also told him that its no more morning in London and he can call his family for help.

However i called Malaysia custom to check this morning and they told me its all SCAM. they heard this story everyday.

i know its abit lengthy but a warning to all that the email scam is no longer new anymore..now they will get to know their victim thru website making you believe them.

For me i lost abut RM 5000 but not RM 10000.

Malaysian Custom officer will use a mobile number to call you?

And yeah luckily you just lost RM5000 and not RM10000. Thats the only consolation u can tell yourself ovveer and over again...

Volunteering for the underwear association for third world countries. Please donate your used underwear to me.

Guest Centrino

Whenever someone I have never met before in my life opens his mouth to say he needs money because his mother is dying, he is dying or whatever, it surely raises alarm bells...

I don't know if I should feel sorry or happy that you only lost RM5000...because if you had enough common sense, you would have kept that RM5000 to buy your loved ones and family many nice dinners...

Edited by Centrino

Guest KinkyUncle

You are a wonderful and kind person, hope that you would just take this as a lesson and not let it get you down or lose faith in people. Most of all, thank you for sharing the lesson and provide an important reminder with the rest of us.

Take care, buddy.

Whenever someone I have never met before in my life opens his mouth to say he needs money because his mother is dying, he is dying or whatever, it surely raises alarm bells...

Me too!

I am so amazed at how generous some people can be in this kind of situation.

Haizz imagine if only the cheater isn't a cheater out to con people but really had this problem...and more people as generous as the "victim", the world will be such a happy place.

That awkward moment when you say goodbye and then walk in the same direction...

Thanks Victim for sharing. There are many other types of techniques out there to cheat us (and family or other relatives) of our money. Do warn your elderly family members to check with you before they pay any money to anyone (including people whom they think they trust). Do be careful also of investment schemes, especially if they are promoted over the phone. Demand to deal with a person face to face and preferably in his office. There are even similar scam from Japan so dun link nationality to reliability. If in doubt, discuss with your friends, relatives or even with us on BW.

Guest gawainee

you are so dumb,

I know a guy who fleeced over 100K from another guy, by living with him for 5 year and getting a degree and lots of stuff as he was give a supplementary credit card.

guess what he did when he graduated, he broke up with the guy within a month and moved out,

your money is considered peanuts, and this guy just look like any guy on the street and with no so outstanding looks

i guess in the G world, when there is mention about money, you should bail and run as fast as you can,

cause there are so many great " pretenders " out there

victim...

Is his profile name m_ _ _4_ _ _ _ _ _s?

I have received a message from this guy a few times claiming that he's "cum(ing) to singapore and like to meet hot gut like you. Up for it?"

Guest Mr. Gorski

You were quite lucky at least you did not transfer 10000RM to them.

Thank you so much for your kind to share your experience.

I've just know someone who use these numbers too by the same issue. Now he want to buy a house in Thailand.

He found me from Fridae. His user is J...me. W.....m has few informations.

He said he work for seadrill. He gave me a link of this company. I checked it and it's exist. So I believed him.

Fortunately He did some mistake he send me his air ticket which shown his number. It's strange. I know it's fraud ticket of Malaysia Airlines(MH).

I've traced his information untill I found this topic.

I've just check with my friend who work for MH to check his booking. It's no this name on flight.

I'm so lucky to know about this fraud before lose my money.

In Thailand it has many fraud issue like this situation so I am aware.

Don't trust anyone who said him love you at first sight and want to spend his life with you then ask your money.

This world is not easy but not hard for living.

Don't be careless.

Hi luckily you notice the number and realise it was fake. why dunt you play along with him and see if you can cheat his money. he keeps calling me even a few days later after the whole incident. then i just told him i had made police report and police will be tracking down all phone numbers calling to me. he asked me what i mean by that.. so i i jsut be frank to him.. i said that i know all these are scam and he is part of it. apparently he made a reservation at one hotel in Singapore and he did phone check in as well as check out 2 days later.

unfortunately, the police told me they cannot do anything as this person never step into Singapore, so if i want to press charges against him, i need to go to Malaysia.he did show me his company website as well. i also called Malaysia customs and they told me they heard the same thing everyday.

wonder how many more people had been cheated

You were quite lucky at least you did not transfer 10000RM to them.

Thank you so much for your kind to share your experience.

I've just know someone who use these numbers too by the same issue. Now he want to buy a house in Thailand.

He found me from Fridae. His user is J...me. W.....m has few informations.

He said he work for seadrill. He gave me a link of this company. I checked it and it's exist. So I believed him.

Fortunately He did some mistake he send me his air ticket which shown his number. It's strange. I know it's fraud ticket of Malaysia Airlines(MH).

I've traced his information untill I found this topic.

I've just check with my friend who work for MH to check his booking. It's no this name on flight.

I'm so lucky to know about this fraud before lose my money.

In Thailand it has many fraud issue like this situation so I am aware.

Don't trust anyone who said him love you at first sight and want to spend his life with you then ask your money.

This world is not easy but not hard for living.

Don't be careless.

Hi all, there is a syndicate group targeting our community now.

i got to know this person by the name/profile of "frank scott" from fridae. he told me he wanted to buy a house or apartment in Singapore about 1 month ago. he said he does not know anyone in Singapore so i offer to help. he had been calling and email me all these while saying that he is coming to Singapore yesterday. He is from UK and often travel. his mobile number is always unknown number when he call you (+447539580075 or +447031802633).

yesterday someone by name of emily wong (+60102799735) called and she claimed to be calling from malaysia customs called me saying that Frank is carrying too much cash and need to pay tax. he can only afford some amount as they had seized all his luggage. so they called me to help to pay the reminding 5000 malaysia Ringgit. i was abit skeptical but in order to save him, i went ahead. i know things happen in Malaysia customs. when asked for the account number to tranfer the money, they gave me a personal account name "Hassan Abdul Karim".Immediately i questioned why is it not a Malaysia customs name or dept. Western Union tranfer of fund does not need account number" She replied that this is the correct account.

1 hour later she called again and said that he need to pay insurance to ensure that the money can comes to Singapore. This time they demanded RM 11800. i immediately turned down as i do not know this person and have no obligation to help. So they reduce to RM 10000. I also asked why is there a need to pay insurance, if he is in Singapore, i can assist him if he have difficulty. Frank was crying at the back and beg for assistance. I recommend to make police report.I told him to contact his family and company for help, but he said the time is still early in London. And i also mentioned if he have access to his luggage, he should be able to take out money from his brief case.i was not very sure if this is real cases Frank also booked a hotel in Singapore and i checked with hotel there is indeed a booking. I draw the money from the bank and went to western union again, this time they stopped me from sending the money saying that one remit per day to one person. Emily called again and this time gave me another account by name of Harry Michael. then the supervisor asked me why i need to transfer so much money, i told them the reason and she called Western Union. Western Union informed that there is a syndicate group from UK and actively in Asia. this is a know thing in Western Union and whenever there is such transaction, they will be on alert. they also given me a website www.419bittenus.com it has all the pictures of the group and stories of all victims.they told me to ignore the call. luckily the RM 10000 money didnt went thru this time. however this time every 3 minutes Emily Wong keeps calling i ignore the call.

Last nite i made a police report believing that this is a syndicate group. i also called up the hotel they told me frank scott delayed his schedule to Singapore due to some custom issues. I was still hesitating. I also called Frank and he was blaming me for not helping him. he was abit worried when he heard there is a siren sound behind and keep asking me what was it. I also told him that its no more morning in London and he can call his family for help.

However i called Malaysia custom to check this morning and they told me its all SCAM. they heard this story everyday.

i know its abit lengthy but a warning to all that the email scam is no longer new anymore..now they will get to know their victim thru website making you believe them.

Imust comment that these scammers can conduct all these scams by weaving all these stories from midair, from air they build castles, a white knight on a beautiful white horse, coming to singapore to sweep innocents gay guys off their feet, for all we know these people on the other side of the line while they are typing on the keyboard or talking on the phone , they are having their dicks serviced by their maids or playing a game of poker while cooking up these stories.

Their modus operandi, bait people with what they want, these scammers are pathological liars, the first thing when they open their eyes is how to scam someone , they scam for their hotel , food , clothes, of course they promiose you the stars and the moon, until they get all the money they can get , then they disappear faster then you can say , hey.

For the information of all gullible people out there, the citizens of UK are the most protected citizens in the world.

Whenever a UK citizens get into trouble Overseas, the first people they will call is the foreign office of the United Kingdom , the people at the foreign affairs office will work their butts off to save their citizens, even negotiate the release even if their citizens commit serious crime like drug smuggling and murder, they will negotiate for their citizens to serve their sentences in the UK , in UK prisons these scums will be treated like royalty because their country believe in human rights.

Every few months , our news paper will have stories of UK, Australian citizens who commit serious crimes over seas will negotiate their release into the UK or australians law system.

People , the whites are the most protected people when it comes to the skin of their buttocks.

• 2 years later...

Some men or women from Nigeria and china and elsewhere have stolen picture profile of legitimate people to use in love scams with sad sob story of dying well liked grandmother in need of funds for simple operation, or dying son otherwise curaable cancer unless lack of funds.

Lets study all the handsome guys pics , they are real actual persons , but their pictures are stolen by hackers and maoney scamming syndicate to befriend females and sometimes males in rich but gullible countries like singapore , malaysia, indonesia, even in places like Canada, Ameirca, ,Europe.

Object : Matrimony. immigrate with said gentlemen to beautiful problem western country.

SIDELINE : there is always some loose strings to be tied, hurdles to be cleared before the two love birds can meet for thr first time. Money need to be paid at the customs immigration for goods helf behind for lack of proper papers the scammee will always to fork out first before a relalease is secured.

sideline 2 > the scammers is arrested by the border for carrying thr worng luggage , wrong passport....the scammee wuill have to send money to the scammers to secure his release, then another arrest for lodging the right border clearance papers. henc emore delays and more more mony sscamme forks out until almost empty back account to realisse, handsome european guy is still asking for air ticket to fly to scammes country because in the confusion the tcket got flush down the toilet.

Lets look at pic one  Kevin clark not his real name

meeeeee.jpg?m=1358922449

Kevin clark not the real name, but to me he looks honest, determined and generally sexually virile, and have potential for the future sex fucks fireworks, young takes good care of his goatee, good catch noe for future sexual happiness.'

HUH Huh you just been scam by Nigerian scammer,

http://www.scamdigger.com/gallery/index.php/pictures-used-by-male-scammers

Some men or women from Nigeria and china and elsewhere have stolen picture profile of legitimate people to use in love scams with sad sob story of dying well liked grandmother in need of funds for simple operation, or dying son otherwise curaable cancer unless lack of funds.

Lets study all the handsome guys pics , they are real actual persons , but their pictures are stolen by hackers and maoney scamming syndicate to befriend females and sometimes males in rich but gullible countries like singapore , malaysia, indonesia, even in places like Canada, Ameirca, ,Europe.

Object : Matrimony. immigrate with said gentlemen to beautiful problem western country.

SIDELINE : there is always some loose strings to be tied, hurdles to be cleared before the two love birds can meet for thr first time. Money need to be paid at the customs immigration for goods helf behind for lack of proper papers the scammee will always to fork out first before a relalease is secured.

sideline 2 > the scammers is arrested by the border for carrying thr worng luggage , wrong passport....the scammee wuill have to send money to the scammers to secure his release, then another arrest for lodging the right border clearance papers. henc emore delays and more more mony sscamme forks out until almost empty back account to realisse, handsome european guy is still asking for air ticket to fly to scammes country because in the confusion the tcket got flush down the toilet.

Lets look at pic one  Kevin clark not his real name

meeeeee.jpg?m=1358922449

Kevin clark not the real name, but to me he looks honest, determined and generally sexually virile, and have potential for the future sex fucks fireworks, young takes good care of his goatee, good catch noe for future sexual happiness.'

HUH Huh you just been scam by Nigerian scammer,

tom1.jpg?m=1359241763  THIS IS SUPPOSEDLY CALLED TOM OLIVER , MANY DUPLICATE SCAMMERS USE HIS PICS.

AnothER r profile picsUSES THE NAME TOM  OLIVER AND HIS profile pic is one the most popular used by different scammers becuase that nice open sexy hinest but fun guyimage that some lonely but looking for love people will do nayhtign to please him.

Do YOU agree ? I f you help this guy as requested by sending him money to rescue his sick cancer ridden dog, US$50000, and later send hime US$ 35000 so that his loyal mun can have minor hipr fracture operation so that she can walk again, women will think he will so grateful that he will falll in love for her kindness and sacri fice and get down on his kness and marry you and live happily ever in Los angels , california where your neighbours will be Julia Roberst, Brad Bitt and other big name stars.

It does not matter that the one sending the money oner to Tom Oliver is a 60 years CMI spinster post menopause and but has a good heart, and she just sent over all her savings scrapped from thirty years of hard work,

Tom Oilver is successful becasue the scam pic is not TOM SUE, but some key punching Nigerian operating anonymously from a cheap cut rate internet cafe, but these people are experts at money to come in into bogus bank account, high speed get the money out of the bank system so that it cannot be traced ever again.

These lonely victims will end up being told they lost alll their life savings as goog as forver because the crooks live in NIGeria,or CHINA

Used photos by znigerian , china, vitenamese scammer, maybe also India scammeers pretending to be real healty young erstern eager to find love in the scammeee ;s  country , but willing to go through matrimony to marry scammee and go live i stressfree , problem free western european country.

pictures used by male scammers
male pictures most frequently used by African scammers.

ALL PICTURES ARE STOLEN FROM INNOCENT THIRD PARTIES. In reality, the scammers are Africans from Nigeria and Ghana. People on the pictures are not associated with scammers in any way, they are just victims of identity theft. If you are contacted by somebody using these pictures on a dating site or a social network, you are being scammed.

The complete scam reports on scammers using these pictures you can find on RomanceScam.com, this is just an overview.

don5.jpg?m=1359435174f437_3.png?m=1359436036SS_hepvy89zchp20090121.jpg?m=1359437635

Not Noel Cherry                                              not whitehead anderson                                       

but he looks matured responsible and                 but he looks rich, educated fun loving and mostly fair caucasian which will give                                                                                                                                                     beautiful   mixed asian children

kind and still has some libido

• 11 months later...

Found this sad story...anyone encounter this before?

www.http://gayloveonline.blog.com/2014/09/14/scammed-online-5-years-ago/

Scammed Online 5 years Ago

“It is had to be gay, and it is harder to find true love in the gay community. Yet there are people online praying for people to scam their affections and hard earned cash!”

A friend related his story to me about an online scammer that hit him recently, it reminded me about my own story.

I was a victim of an online scam 5 years ago. The scammer posted himself as a gentleman and responded with love, affections and understanding towards me during the one week plot to scam me off $600 pounds. Young and naive I believed in ‘him’ and made a transfer my hard earned savings to ‘him’.

Only to find out that the next day, ‘he’ asked for more…my initial suspicion was right, I have been scammed. I played along with the to and fro messaging and found out the mind games these trickster played. Using the photos of someone else who was scammed by them a while ago and using sweet words like “baby”, “sweetie”, “I’ll pay you back in interests” to lure you into believing in the scam. I played along and took him for a ride till the end of the day I told ‘him’ that “I’ve made a police report” which turns ‘him’ off.

I had since blocked ‘his’ number and reported to the website where I met ‘him’. After all these years, I still hear of friends being scammed, I really hope that the authorities will get to these scammers and stop these nonsense once and for all. I advice my friend to do the same thing and don’t blame the person in the photo, because he may also one of the many victims that got scammed.

It’s already hard to find love in the gay community, I just don’t understand why these people pray on those who are already wounded and weak from life’s lessons. It is just unethical.

• Guest locked this topic
  • Guest locked and locked this topic
  • 1 year later...
Guest JasonKen

Hi guys, just asking for your experience here. 

Recently I had a friend who was on grindr. He told me he found two guys, both into bdsm. They wanted him to go online and sign up for some Webcam site before meeting up with him. When he told them he didn't have a credit card to sign up with, they asked him to pay for some bdsm kit through a supplier using western union to the Philippines. Luckily he was unable to pay because of the many roadblocks placed. He was so sure that they were real but he didn't have any proof that they were. 

I was convinced he was getting catfished. 

Has anything like this happened to you guys? 

Thanks so much! 

Edited by JasonKen
Add additional information

• 3 weeks later...

Multiple kind of scams exists in our daily life and I had recently encountered one in our gay community.

In a nutshell, I got messaged by a guy on Growlr, claiming to be Doctor Hugh, a heart surgeon from London. He is moving to Singapore and is looking for a serious relationship. He was my type and we arranged for a meet up when he next visit Singapore to purchase a property for permanent living.

Interestingly, not only did he send in a photoshopped flight itinerary (trying to flaunt his First Class booking on MH), he also called and said he was looking forward to meet. Not without ending with highlights of several gifts for me. 

Lo and behold, he texted me his arrival in Malaysia, with a call later from 'Malaysia Customs' asking for money because he failed to declare hundreds of thousands of dollars, amounting to MYR7K tax. I was impressed by myself for listening for more than 5seconds. 

Ultimately, this message is intended for people like us to be vigilant at all times. The usual stigma of 'scams will never get me' is common, but we must still be careful with who we meet in this virtual world. While my thought process is a lot more comprehensive and experienced due to work, it's hard to avoid feeling 'affected' when the scam hit home.

Enough said - stay safe and scam-free. Peace x

Edited by CheekyGAM

On 10/18/2017 at 4:19 PM, CheekyGAM said:

Multiple kind of scams exists in our daily life and I had recently encountered one in our gay community.

In a nutshell, I got messaged by a guy on Growlr, claiming to be Doctor Hugh, a heart surgeon from London. He is moving to Singapore and is looking for a serious relationship. He was my type and we arranged for a meet up when he next visit Singapore to purchase a property for permanent living.

Interestingly, not only did he send in a photoshopped flight itinerary (trying to flaunt his First Class booking on MH), he also called and said he was looking forward to meet. Not without ending with highlights of several gifts for me. 

Lo and behold, he texted me his arrival in Malaysia, with a call later from 'Malaysia Customs' asking for money because he failed to declare hundreds of thousands of dollars, amounting to MYR7K tax. I was impressed by myself for listening for more than 5seconds. 

Ultimately, this message is intended for people like us to be vigilant at all times. The usual stigma of 'scams will never get me' is common, but we must still be careful with who we meet in this virtual world. While my thought process is a lot more comprehensive and experienced due to work, it's hard to avoid feeling 'affected' when the scam hit home.

Enough said - stay safe and scam-free. Peace x

Yep, and on cam too. Too many victims have had their cam-sex pics uploaded for blackmail... -_-

• Guest locked and locked this topic
  • 1 month later...

just like to share and warn others to be aware and take caution of a scammer trying to sell supplements for weight loss and muscle gains. Got to know thru the app. Selling some supplements and list (probably screenshot, from gainzlab). After trasnferring the money, no news from him.

Before that, he even showed past messages and pictures to prove he is real. Bank account is POSB Savings : 193-41432-0

Goes by jeremy ( or in the app, be something like fat burner, etc)

Guess an expensive lesson learnt.. sigh,,already trying to go for equality, but still scammers everywhere.

So just do take note and beware.

Best luck

Guest johnsonklt

All dear friends,  

I  just wonder how many of you ever read newspaper ST?

News do reported of scam,  sometimes scammers nv being 

caught.  Just be more careful when ordering items online.

Look too gd to be true,   look so attractive,  fr online pictures.

By then when u feel cheated,   already too late.

Be very careful.       

I think the idea is to do COD? get the product on the spot and hand him the cash. 

Then again, those products could be fake and all. Maybe just get it from the shops or something ?

17 hours ago, mjstjoey said:

just like to share and warn others to be aware and take caution of a scammer trying to sell supplements for weight loss and muscle gains. Got to know thru the app. Selling some supplements and list (probably screenshot, from gainzlab). After trasnferring the money, no news from him.

Before that, he even showed past messages and pictures to prove he is real. Bank account is POSB Savings : 193-41432-0

Guess an expensive lesson learnt.. sigh,,already trying to go for equality, but still scammers everywhere.

Best luck

Report to police since you have the posb account number! All scammers must be executed

• 1 month later...
Guest Happy customer on grindr
On 10/22/2018 at 8:41 PM, mjstjoey said:

Best luck

Hi mjstjoey, i dont know what happened between you and the person but i received what i ordered from him in person and he was a hunk. Just so you know it wasnt a scam. You might want to message him again? You should have his number as thats how he usually liaise with customers. 

• 7 months later...
Guest Guest

Tourist pretend to be gay asking u go to his hotel for fun. But he don't give u room number. Only upon u reach hotel than he will give u direction. Once u reach hotel he will say he need to top up his iPhone. Without iTunes he can't pick u up from his hotel. I just tell him to fuck  off from grindr and frighten him that I have recorded all his message and going to make a police report. So guys do be careful when ppl  ask u to top up iTunes. Once u pay u can t even meet him he don't  even stay in that hotel. 

Guest Idverify

What I experienced was a tourist asked if I have some sort of ID verification on the net for lgbt

Sounds dodgy, I don’t bother to meet

When I was in London, some guy from Grindr sent me a link to go online to pay for a verification (5-10pounds?) that you are gay and had not committed any crime before meeting?

His reason being someone had robbed him with a gun pointed to his head before.

Not sure if that is a scam?

On 7/6/2019 at 8:30 AM, blueday said:

When I was in London, some guy from Grindr sent me a link to go online to pay for a verification (5-10pounds?) that you are gay and had not committed any crime before meeting?

His reason being someone had robbed him with a gun pointed to his head before.

Not sure if that is a scam?

Confirm scam. Happened to me in singapore too. Goggle the link given led me to info about the scam.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Steve88
On 7/5/2019 at 9:15 PM, Guest Guest said:

Tourist pretend to be gay asking u go to his hotel for fun. But he don't give u room number. Only upon u reach hotel than he will give u direction. Once u reach hotel he will say he need to top up his iPhone. Without iTunes he can't pick u up from his hotel. I just tell him to fuck  off from grindr and frighten him that I have recorded all his message and going to make a police report. So guys do be careful when ppl  ask u to top up iTunes. Once u pay u can t even meet him he don't  even stay in that hotel. 

Do not engage into something like this. Not only money might be taken from you.

• 2 months later...
Guest advice

Have you guys experienced using surge apps (dating apps for gays like tinder) and encounter some scammers that will ask you to continue chatting in google hangouts then will misteriously and suddenly become sweet to you even though he is way more hotter than you?

Just talked to a latino guy (Canadian nationality) who is really out of my league i mean he is too hot for me (im just an average guy, im really way too far from him in terms of his looks) which is impossible that he is really into me that is too good to be true and suddenly will talked about settling down on me or he cares for me so much. I met him surge and asked me to move to hangouts apps told me he was in sg and now in sudan, then i made a research online that google hangout apps are the top chatting apps of scammers; this is just a warning for those who encounter this or is there also a similar experience you encounter in any gay apps about love scam?

11 minutes ago, Guest advice said:

Have you guys experienced using surge apps (dating apps for gays like tinder) and encounter some scammers that will ask you to continue chatting in google hangouts then will misteriously and suddenly become sweet to you even though he is way more hotter than you?

Just talked to a latino guy (Canadian nationality) who is really out of my league i mean he is too hot for me (im just an average guy, im really way too far from him in terms of his looks) which is impossible that he is really into me that is too good to be true and suddenly will talked about settling down on me or he cares for me so much. I met him surge and asked me to move to hangouts apps told me he was in sg and now in sudan, then i made a research online that google hangout apps are the top chatting apps of scammers; this is just a warning for those who encounter this or is there also a similar experience you encounter in any gay apps about love scam?

He either likely block you after you paid i tune or send you phishing site ~ 

Be very aware. 

• 4 weeks later...

Not sure if it's just me, but it feels like KL has seen a surge of Mainland Chinese users popping up on Grindr.

These users tend to be very good looking guys with very desirable physical traits but I truly wonder if any of them are legit to begin with. Usually, some of these guys would approach you even though you know full well you would never catch the attention of hunks, then they start making small talks with you, and within a couple of minutes the topic of "Occupation" comes into play and they start asking what's your monthly wage.

Right after that, they would start working their magic and get all cozy and personal with you. Perhaps they'll ask you to address them by their first names or something endearing. And the moment you stop replying them for even just 15 minutes, they start asking if you're no longer interested.

The funny part is, when asked to show their face via a video call, they usually shy away from such requests. Some even have pictures where the background seems largely distorted as a result of photoshopping. At one point, I got to know a guy from Mainland China who was very smooth, and within a couple of days started talking to me about how I needed to learn cryptocurrency if we were to build a future together. When I refused, he begun to throw a tantrum, threatened to end our 'relationship'. I decided to play along to see where it leads to and when I lied about having USD stashed away in paypal, he starts talking me into investing all my money into some WeChat app pay and told me to screenshot my payment slip thereafter. He blocked me for a bit after I told him the money wouldn't come in until 3 days later. Meanwhile, I started researching his profile picture. True enough, after some researching, I found that the picture belonged to a relatively famous gay figure in China, which essentially means he was catfishing. The end of the story was that eventually he came crawling back to me and telling me his account was randomly banned and I basically ignored him.

I think anyone with a common sense could tell these are scammers, but I truly wonder if any of them are legit, like the first guy above? And if they are truly scammers, are they managed by a syndicate? Why isn't this something that is widely discussed within the community to raise awareness? Anyone of you in SG ran into similar scenarios previously?

Edited by notd

• G_M changed the title to Encounter Mainland Chinese Scammers on Grindr for those living in KL?
  • G_M changed the title to Beware of Scammers in Fridae / Grindr /Jackd / Growlr / Blue / Tinder / Google Hangouts apps etc. (compiled)
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.