Male HQ

Beware of Scammers in Fridae / Grindr /Jackd / Growlr / Blue / Tinder / Google Hangouts apps etc. (compiled)

Guest victim

Guest Guest

not sure if anyone else has the same situation before. But has anyone else had the same profile appearing everywhere near you after you took the first step in initiating the chat with him? And when I mean eveywhere near you, I don't mean just your usual neighborhood or workplace, but I really mean everywhere near you to the extent that he is always just 1 meter away from you even when you go overseas.... Yeah, that is how scarily "everywhere near you" that I meant.

I began to think if my phone was hacked or whether my profile was tracked for scamming purposes So I exited and deleted Grindr completely after that.    

1 minute ago, Guest Guest said:

not sure if anyone else has the same situation before. But has anyone else had the same profile appearing everywhere near you after you took the first step in initiating the chat with him? And when I mean eveywhere near you, I don't mean just your usual neighborhood or workplace, but I really mean everywhere near you to the extent that he is always just 1 meter away from you even when you go overseas.... Yeah, that is how scarily "everywhere near you" that I meant.

I began to think if my phone was hacked or whether my profile was tracked for scamming purposes So I exited and deleted Grindr completely after that.    

Yep,  the android phones are easy to hacked.  The chinese are good with it.  

10 minutes ago, Leanmeat said:

Even if u dont mind making friends, go out go on dutch u see if they stil want to make friend w you.

Some will try to talk to u everyday and slowly will ask u to lend them $ as they lost money or family has finances problems 

13 minutes ago, Balestier said:

Some will try to talk to u everyday and slowly will ask u to lend them $ as they lost money or family has finances problems 

Yah I knw. So if u got time to chat. Just keep in mind this day will come and dont be serious abt this 'friendship'. The moment the other talk abt money just block or say whatever just keep in mind dont involve money. This is how the old aunties kena scam and cheated money. And chatting and chatting for weeks or months to gain yr trust like as if this person really sincere. Just dont get carried away thinking something will work out. Just take it as entertainment if u dont mind the chat. Or if u present yrself as someone who is poor right from the start u see they want to chat or not.

Edited by Leanmeat

Usually they will ask to add them somewhere to chat at the very beginning. I wont add so soon. Usually they wont chat w u much if u r  not adding them. Practically speaking if just wanna chat, chat in gay apps or other apps got diff meh? And practically speaking, friends who didnt meet at all can consider friend meh? It's just an illusional friend that means nothing. Similarly to Facebook friends who added u because they like yr face or because u got common friend. Those guys whom I chatted in gay apps but nvr met I wont even consider as friends. 

Edited by Leanmeat

4 minutes ago, Leanmeat said:

Usually they will ask to add them somewhere to chat at the very beginning. I wont add so soon. Usually they wont chat w u much if u r  not adding them. Practically speaking if just wanna chat, chat in gay apps or other apps got diff meh? 

If u are willing to share yr whatapps then it will mean that u are more open n letting yr guards down

Guest visitors

I am more surprised being contacted by some "visitors" from South East Asian countries being contacted on such apps past days. 

My first question is: How did you still get into the country? And if, you should be in isolation at the Stay Home Isolation facility? 

Or are some of those trying to do some "side work" while being on Home office conditions? Must be taking advantages while there are no MBs in town. 

Better not to take any risks at the moment at all. 

For those others, trying to befriend and then asking for "loans" or monies after a while, I will just not respond. 

They are eating into this "I m gay and lonely market love trap". 

You should always have a good gay friend, who can send the alarm lights if you are getting too involved and being blind at start, when your feelings run amok. 

4 minutes ago, Balestier said:

I am seeing more Chinese speaking on grindr. In current cb,  i am seeing new cuties n hunks in my area. How did they appear in my area? 

I'm thinking those suddenly appear are those who have been around all these while but not a grindr fan. Now w CB all bored so log in to waste some time. As for those self claim 'visitor', maybe they are not exactly visitor. Saying they are visitor give an impression they wont be here for long so hoping to tempt u to 'get' them soon. 

Few months ago, a cute looking PRC said hi to me on grindr.

Then i asked him ‘MB?’

He replied ‘滚!’ - like saying fuck off!

LOL, is it cos hes a real profile,

or using reverse psychology.

I fav him but after a few months his profile disappear.

8 minutes ago, Guest ??? said:

Few months ago, a cute looking PRC said hi to me on grindr.

Then i asked him ‘MB?’

He replied ‘滚!’ - like saying fuck off!

LOL, is it cos hes a real profile,

or using reverse psychology.

I fav him but after a few months his profile disappear.

Not MB doesn't mean he is not after money. It just mean he dont sell body. 

1 hour ago, Leanmeat said:

I'm thinking those suddenly appear are those who have been around all these while but not a grindr fan. Now w CB all bored so log in to waste some time. As for those self claim 'visitor', maybe they are not exactly visitor. Saying they are visitor give an impression they wont be here for long so hoping to tempt u to 'get' them soon. 

There are also people who prey on real accounts and try ways to get nudes to post and sell them on twitter. Of course they use fake accounts and pictures to entice the victim to show theirs.

1 hour ago, Balestier said:

I am seeing more Chinese speaking on grindr. In current cb,  i am seeing new cuties n hunks in my area. How did they appear in my area? 

You never have been home because you were cruising to much on the streets until late. That's the reason you never saw the the cuties n hunkies at your area. 🤣

Guest hm hm 2
10 minutes ago, Guest Hmm said:

There are also people who prey on real accounts and try ways to get nudes to post and sell them on twitter. Of course they use fake accounts and pictures to entice the victim to show theirs.

Some will try to prey on your LINE or whatsapp and out of a sudden you receive those 

betting, money loan, fishy investment, tuition spam messages over and over. 

45 minutes ago, Guest Hmm said:

That provided u r those who will send nudes. I nvr send my nudes to anyone. even if have also wont show face or dick. They show also I wont show

Edited by Leanmeat

Not only China that i encounter. 

Some even US especially on the apps (Scrxfxx) 

The most recent i encounter i from China to chat with me on fb messenger which himself admit he is trying to cheat me after i show him his fake profile loophole and he block me. 

For location wise, android can easily mock their location using some apps. 

On 4/30/2020 at 9:48 AM, Leanmeat said:

There are so many of them nowadays. I had 3 similar msg past 3 days and All ask u to add them somewhere cos they Hardly log in to the gay apps. They stop talking the moment u say u seek fun. 

yes best way to reject them is send a word FUN

2 hours ago, kjboy said:

yes best way to reject them is send a word FUN

Sometimes I will purposely waste their time and talk a bit cock w them if I got mood to entertain but wont add them anywhere. And yes u are right. Actually I wont even use the word reject. To me it's more like telling them off. "Dont want fun dont talk to me."

Edited by Leanmeat

If it seems too good to be true it usually is. These days with people not locking their Instagram or Facebook accounts, you can get a while set of pictures to create fake accounts. So even if they send you childhood pics or whatever, it doesn’t mean anything. Ask for a F2F meeting before you go all-in and send him your life savings. 

lots of the scams have similar story line:

stuck in immigration 

good stuck in custom 

lost cash or credit card 

etc

etc

if you think with your brains you will realize: “why approach me?  Don’t you have family or best friends to read out to rather than me who is a relative stranger????”

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/12/2019 at 1:23 PM, justanotherme said:

Recently encountered a number of similar acts, usually dashing ang mo who are very accommodating and will sweet talk you into believing that he is genuine. Then he will pop the question, asking if you have some LTGQ Ssafe finder account erc for safety purpose. Be careful.

Yeah, that's their modus operandi. As long as someone asks you to sign up an account and input your credit card details for no matter how low the sum. DON'T DO IT.

You are giving them access to your details in which they can manipulate after.

• 1 month later...

Recently, i realised that there are lots of scammers on Grindr , Jackd and Tinder. They often use Chinese names and speak to you in Mandarin but some have English Names . Usual intro message would be asking you if they can be your friend, ask you if you are single or straight ask for Line/Whatsapp when they dont even know you or see your face. Their location seemed to be very near you.

Be careful, they are trying to scam you. They really have all the time and patience to talk to you. They will try to sweet talk you and talk to you everyday and you stupid stupid go believe them and thought these people are genuine. They even know Singapore street names. Some will even say they hate scammers and act like they are not. 

They will trick you into downloading apps to gamble/invest and they will make sure the first time you put in the money is not a lot. You will realised that you can actually win and you slowly put more money into the investment account. For the first few times, you may be able to withdraw the money so you think is real. After you put in a certain amount and suddenly you cant withdraw. 
Another tactic would be they will send stuffs to you and the DHL kind of scam gonna start all over again like telling you your parcel stuck at custom blah blah blah la. 
Trying to raise awareness for everyone using Grindr/Jackd/Tinder or whatever because recently there’s lots of scammers keep messaging you which i find it very annoying.

This name in Chinese is call “杀猪盘”, is a kind of love scam. Dont fall for it.

Share your experiences here! 

I live in Australia.

Also encounter many fake profiles like these , and yes, their location shows somewhere within where I live

So far, it never work for me, for below reasons:

# I can't speak Chinese ... some probably just think can't be bothered with me

# I ask for meet to make sure they are real .... they make so many excuse to not meet

I know it's during covid situation, but where I live, we are allowed to just meet outside for simple chat/coffee

# I don't really play/invest in games like that

Advise: don't bring feelings/trust too easily on apps ... first impression when meeting and chatting will help to determine how you would like to proceed (friends/fun/relationship , etc )

Just ask to meet face to face and you will knw they will never meet. Dont belief in their distance too. It can be fake. I received so many messages until I just replied I wont add Line or watsapp. And they show their true colours immediately.

• G_M changed the title to Beware of Scammers in Grindr /Jackd / Growlr / Tinder etc.
7 hours ago, Macritchey said:

Recently, i realised that there are lots of scammers on Grindr , Jackd and Tinder. They often use Chinese names and speak to you in Mandarin but some have English Names . Usual intro message would be asking you if they can be your friend, ask you if you are single or straight ask for Line/Whatsapp when they dont even know you or see your face. Their location seemed to be very near you.

Be careful, they are trying to scam you. They really have all the time and patience to talk to you. They will try to sweet talk you and talk to you everyday and you stupid stupid go believe them and thought these people are genuine. They even know Singapore street names. Some will even say they hate scammers and act like they are not. 

They will trick you into downloading apps to gamble/invest and they will make sure the first time you put in the money is not a lot. You will realised that you can actually win and you slowly put more money into the investment account. For the first few times, you may be able to withdraw the money so you think is real. After you put in a certain amount and suddenly you cant withdraw. 
Another tactic would be they will send stuffs to you and the DHL kind of scam gonna start all over again like telling you your parcel stuck at custom blah blah blah la. 
Trying to raise awareness for everyone using Grindr/Jackd/Tinder or whatever because recently there’s lots of scammers keep messaging you which i find it very annoying.

This name in Chinese is call “杀猪盘”, is a kind of love scam. Dont fall for it.

Share your experiences here! 

Just entertain them by playing their own game. It'll frustrate the hell out of them.

• G_M changed the title to Beware of Scammers in Fridae / Grindr /Jackd / Growlr / Blue / Tinder / Google Hangouts apps etc. (compiled)

I cant rmb how many of them I insulted over the past 1 month already. So many of the same word used until I dont even want to entertain by replying hi. Just reply not gonna add them anywhere. Got 1 even pretend he is from  Msia. After a while from they way they talk u knw they are all the same. 

Edited by Leanmeat

8 hours ago, angel_dust said:

I actively seek out and block every single profile with Chinese names till I ran out of blocks haha.

Not racist but it’s annoying to keep getting messages from those scammers.

Haha! Just like every time a call comes in and the moment I hear a strong Chinese Mainlander accent, I would just hang up immediately. 

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Guest

Do you guys actually get calls from these scammers? Like beyond just text messages. Assuming you’ve given out your Line/WhatsApp/WeChat. And what do they talk about?

Guest Being Scammed

Let me share my experiences with such “scammers” on social apps...

I’ve stopped using Grinder for quite awhile, but during the CB period I went online again. And yes, there’re indeed many Chinese speaking cuties on it, and they’ll say MBs not welcomed, some after chatting turn out to be working in Chinatown asking you to visit them for massage... Huh???

Recently a guy befriended me on Blued. He gave me his no. as +44 7448 275848 and asked me to chat on WhatsApp instead... I know I know, he’s most probably another scammer but his profile pic shows he’s this decent looking middle aged guy and he’s my type so I added him anyway. He kept video calling me but I never pick up. The funniest part is: he’s distance on Blued shows he’s 23km away from me but he says he’s in UK now. He says he’ll be coming back next month but 2 months passed and he’s still there... I’m not bothered by it cos I’m just looking for chat and some flirting that’s all.

I'm just wondering if these people have a way to change their locations and distance showing on such apps? I can even imagine them manipulating their profiles when in fact they’re residing in some faraway locations.

Guest Being Scammed
On 11/30/2010 at 9:49 AM, Guest victim said:

Hi all, there is a syndicate group targeting our community now.

i got to know this person by the name/profile of "frank scott" from fridae. he told me he wanted to buy a house or apartment in Singapore about 1 month ago. he said he does not know anyone in Singapore so i offer to help. he had been calling and email me all these while saying that he is coming to Singapore yesterday. He is from UK and often travel. his mobile number is always unknown number when he call you (+447539580075 or +447031802633).

yesterday someone by name of emily wong (+60102799735) called and she claimed to be calling from malaysia customs called me saying that Frank is carrying too much cash and need to pay tax. he can only afford some amount as they had seized all his luggage. so they called me to help to pay the reminding 5000 malaysia Ringgit. i was abit skeptical but in order to save him, i went ahead. i know things happen in Malaysia customs. when asked for the account number to tranfer the money, they gave me a personal account name "Hassan Abdul Karim".Immediately i questioned why is it not a Malaysia customs name or dept. Western Union tranfer of fund does not need account number" She replied that this is the correct account.

1 hour later she called again and said that he need to pay insurance to ensure that the money can comes to Singapore. This time they demanded RM 11800. i immediately turned down as i do not know this person and have no obligation to help. So they reduce to RM 10000. I also asked why is there a need to pay insurance, if he is in Singapore, i can assist him if he have difficulty. Frank was crying at the back and beg for assistance. I recommend to make police report.I told him to contact his family and company for help, but he said the time is still early in London. And i also mentioned if he have access to his luggage, he should be able to take out money from his brief case.i was not very sure if this is real cases Frank also booked a hotel in Singapore and i checked with hotel there is indeed a booking. I draw the money from the bank and went to western union again, this time they stopped me from sending the money saying that one remit per day to one person. Emily called again and this time gave me another account by name of Harry Michael. then the supervisor asked me why i need to transfer so much money, i told them the reason and she called Western Union. Western Union informed that there is a syndicate group from UK and actively in Asia. this is a know thing in Western Union and whenever there is such transaction, they will be on alert. they also given me a website www.419bittenus.com it has all the pictures of the group and stories of all victims.they told me to ignore the call. luckily the RM 10000 money didnt went thru this time. however this time every 3 minutes Emily Wong keeps calling i ignore the call.

Last nite i made a police report believing that this is a syndicate group. i also called up the hotel they told me frank scott delayed his schedule to Singapore due to some custom issues. I was still hesitating. I also called Frank and he was blaming me for not helping him. he was abit worried when he heard there is a siren sound behind and keep asking me what was it. I also told him that its no more morning in London and he can call his family for help.

However i called Malaysia custom to check this morning and they told me its all SCAM. they heard this story everyday.

i know its abit lengthy but a warning to all that the email scam is no longer new anymore..now they will get to know their victim thru website making you believe them.

For me i lost abut RM 5000 but not RM 10000.

Hey I’ve only read the original post of this thread after sharing my earlier experiences... Oh ok, so this UK residing Singaporean guy who befriended me on Blued is highly possibly a scammer... Hahahaa 😅😂🤣

My scenario and the original post here is so similar... Only that for mine, he’s probably tired of me playing hard to get... Wahahahaa 😝🤣🤣🤣 And there’s no opportunity for him to ask me for money yet... 😜

By the way mine gave his name as Marshall. He says he’s Singaporean running his own company in UK. He plans to come back “next month” to settle down for good and looking to buy a house here. He never ask me for my name nor my life (not interested to know me better???) but then again, I’m never keen to talk about his plans or bring up his future during our chats, I just want to flirt with him that’s all... Sorry, I’m shallow... 🙃😉😌

Guest Being Scammed

Oh ya... And 1 more thing I wish to ask all of you big bro’s here:

- Should I pick up his video call if he calls me again?

In fact, I’m so tempted to pick up his video call to see if he’s really the same person as his profile pic?!!!

Guest John Henry Moore

Careful guys. Chinese MBs aside watch out for profiles using pictures of buff caucasians. 

So "Jack" tapped me, and sent over some selfies in briefs. Later the conversation swerved into safety during meet ups, and if I had IVASPID ( 🚩 lol). When I googled to find out what the hell is IVASPID it turned out to be a shady website. 

Reverse search of those pictures revealed they actually belong to a porn star named Slate Steele. 

Aussie from perth staying in boon lay my ass. lol. 

24 minutes ago, Guest Being Scammed said:

Oh ya... And 1 more thing I wish to ask all of you big bro’s here:

- Should I pick up his video call if he calls me again?

In fact, I’m so tempted to pick up his video call to see if he’s really the same person as his profile pic?!!!

Video call la. Nothing wrong to see a real person. 

Guest Being Scammed
On 7/17/2020 at 6:42 PM, Guest Being Scammed said:

Hey I’ve only read the original post of this thread after sharing my earlier experiences... Oh ok, so this UK residing Singaporean guy who befriended me on Blued is highly possibly a scammer... Hahahaa 😅😂🤣

My scenario and the original post here is so similar... Only that for mine, he’s probably tired of me playing hard to get... Wahahahaa 😝🤣🤣🤣 And there’s no opportunity for him to ask me for money yet... 😜

By the way mine gave his name as Marshall. He says he’s Singaporean running his own company in UK. He plans to come back “next month” to settle down for good and looking to buy a house here. He never ask me for my name nor my life (not interested to know me better???) but then again, I’m never keen to talk about his plans or bring up his future during our chats, I just want to flirt with him that’s all... Sorry, I’m shallow... 🙃😉😌

Hello all my dearest big bros here!

This  guy in question here is striking now, he’s asking me for help and hopes to send money to me cos he wants to buy a house in SG... I’m still conversing with him via WhatsApp now.

Let’s see where this scam of his will head to ok... 😉

I’ll try to post snapshots here once it’s over.

There have been a rise of people getting their Facebook hacked by hackers.

A friend messaged me on Facebook Messenger and asked me for my mobile contact.

She then said that she is taking part in a competition and need the code send to my phone.

When I realised that it was an OTP code, I realised that the person is not a friend but a hacker.

Never give any code sent over to your phone to anyone.

They used your mobile no. to get the code to hack into your account.

On 7/19/2020 at 8:19 AM, GachiMuchi said:

There have been a rise of people getting their Facebook hacked by hackers.

A friend messaged me on Facebook Messenger and asked me for my mobile contact.

She then said that she is taking part in a competition and need the code send to my phone.

When I realised that it was an OTP code, I realised that the person is not a friend but a hacker.

Never give any code sent over to your phone to anyone.

They used your mobile no. to get the code to hack into your account.

Similarly 1 hack into my cousin's account and did the same. I msg my cousin to verify. Went back to messenger to insult the hacker.

Edited by Leanmeat

• 11 months later...
Guest I have similar scam
On 4/28/2020 at 1:08 PM, Guest Guest said:

Even 2021, there's a software you can use to relocate the Grindr location in PC. Even I'm using it to track everyone location (not for bad thing), to secure myself as you know how Grindr is right. I won't tell what's the software la. I just came here because I meet scammer similar which asked me to bank-in money for forex. At first we have a good conversation in Grindr. His profile was handsome sweet sweet guy that look like he is that person😍. I used the software and tracked him is at Singapore, but he said he at Serdang, Selangor, but never mind la maybe Grindr system suck. After a long time, he asked my Whatsapp and I just simply gave him because I started trusted him.  

He called me, he from mainland China. We have good conversation, at the end he asked about my life and work. The call was 30-40 minutes and I started fall in love to him 😍. He suggested to do business with him in forex, at first he asked me to do with his account and with his password to the website http://bhws.xyz (Warning: Use VPN to protect your data) and won many times. I was blur blur, he asked me to try it with my own money with 100$. I said later la because I still blur, I need to take a shower to rest my brain.

But, I did a research which it was a fake website as he goes wrong scamming a multimedia designer guy😂. The website design was shit, look like untrusted, no company name, no SSL, it is unsafe website. Then, I took long time to research, he called ask why so long, I said I'm doing research on the website. He sound like scared already, he said "no need research, you need to do it in time for forex, you can't make it, do it with me". I said oh ok. 

That was at 11pm, he quickly called me do it now. I said I want to sleep liao, then he said "don't you want to change your life, don't you want to go vocation, don't you want to follow me and we have a romantic future?? 😍 Then, I said not now, now is time to sleep and I'm not interest on this. He was a bit angry saying I'm just too coward la, I'm a waste of time. Then, I just ignored him.

Then tomorrow afternoon, he called me, I didn't take the call. He message "why don't take my call ya 🥰" I simply said, you faker, you scammer blaa blaa blaa but the thing is I already fall in love to you, how?? 😂" After that, He blocked me I guess. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi guys, I would also love to share my recent experience with some PRC scammers i met on Jack'd.

First of all, my Jack'd profile pic is a very blur one, and i didnt key in much info.   Every now and then, i would receive msgs from very 'handsome' PRC guys, and i would just ignore them like most ppl do.

As i was on leave this week and very free, i decided to troll a couple of them.  Their modus operandi are quite similar:

1) Chat with you in chinese 

2) Want to befriend you (even if you have no proper face pic)

3) Ask you to add them on Line as they are seldom using Jack'd

4) Once on Line, they will try to win your trust by chatting with you on your past relationships (and their past relationships)

5) They will portray themselves as someone very successful, doing very big family business in Sg, and has obtained Sg PR for a few years.

6) They will further convince you by saying they live in a particular condo in Sg (they will name the condo and location),

7) Subsequently, they will ask you to do voice calls and speak to you over an hour, about life, jobs, relationships and checking on your financial power (to see whether you are worth scamming)

8 ) They will then introduce you a website which is some number guessing game, and even ask you to help him play the game on his behalf, giving you his userid and password.  In this way, he got you to experience playing the game and witness how he 'wins' big money from it.

9) Finally, he will ask you to register an account on this gaming website, put in your own $$$ to the account, and to win some $$$ for yourself.

I trolled and stopped at #9 using an old ipad.  When he failed to get me to register an account, he lost his patience and started to turn nasty, a total change from the very nice and warm boy i knew over the past few days, lol.

These guys really sound very convincing initially as they have done their homework well.  Even though i chatted with them with my guards fully on, there were moments i even doubt myself if i have wronged them, and they were actually genuine folks online and not some scammers.  But alas, once the topic of making $$$ comes out, you know thats the end of the story.

But there were also a few loopholes which i noticed:

1) He sent me photos of 2 different person (it could be a careless mistake on his part)

2) He was unable to contribute further when i asked him about the nearby places around his residence and work place

3) He could hardly converse in english during voice call (how to survive in sg if he is really doing big business here?)

4) During voice calls, there were lotsa background conversations (from other guys) even though he claimed to be staying alone

So to all brothers and sistas out there, please do not fall into their scams!  Singaporeans are generally smart enough but sometimes we are just overwhelmed by our own boredom and loneliness.  Hopefully my sharing will help prevent more people from being scammed.

PM me if you need further details.

Edited by Goodxun

Excellent 1st post @Goodxun,

I had one similar today here in Melbourne. The guy said he is originally from Singapore. I noticed his pics are all model like pics and seem professionally done with home posing. 

His location seemed very close but he couldn't say where he was. He gave a location in another western country. 

When he said he'd like to chat further on whatsapp, I declined his offer and deleted him.

All these apps are infested with scammers unfortunately.

It's jungle out there.

On 11/2/2021 at 6:54 PM, Goodxun said:

Hi guys, I would also love to share my recent experience with some PRC scammers i met on Jack'd.

First of all, my Jack'd profile pic is a very blur one, and i didnt key in much info.   Every now and then, i would receive msgs from very 'handsome' PRC guys, and i would just ignore them like most ppl do.

As i was on leave this week and very free, i decided to troll a couple of them.  Their modus operandi are quite similar:

1) Chat with you in chinese 

2) Want to befriend you (even if you have no proper face pic)

3) Ask you to add them on Line as they are seldom using Jack'd

4) Once on Line, they will try to win your trust by chatting with you on your past relationships (and their past relationships)

5) They will portray themselves as someone very successful, doing very big family business in Sg, and has obtained Sg PR for a few years.

6) They will further convince you by saying they live in a particular condo in Sg (they will name the condo and location),

7) Subsequently, they will ask you to do voice calls and speak to you over an hour, about life, jobs, relationships and checking on your financial power (to see whether you are worth scamming)

8 ) They will then introduce you a website which is some number guessing game, and even ask you to help him play the game on his behalf, giving you his userid and password.  In this way, he got you to experience playing the game and witness how he 'wins' big money from it.

9) Finally, he will ask you to register an account on this gaming website, put in your own $$$ to the account, and to win some $$$ for yourself.

I trolled and stopped at #9 using an old ipad.  When he failed to get me to register an account, he lost his patience and started to turn nasty, a total change from the very nice and warm boy i knew over the past few days, lol.

These guys really sound very convincing initially as they have done their homework well.  Even though i chatted with them with my guards fully on, there were moments i even doubt myself if i have wronged them, and they were actually genuine folks online and not some scammers.  But alas, once the topic of making $$$ comes out, you know thats the end of the story.

But there were also a few loopholes which i noticed:

1) He sent me photos of 2 different person (it could be a careless mistake on his part)

2) He was unable to contribute further when i asked him about the nearby places around his residence and work place

3) He could hardly converse in english during voice call (how to survive in sg if he is really doing big business here?)

4) During voice calls, there were lotsa background conversations (from other guys) even though he claimed to be staying alone

So to all brothers and sistas out there, please do not fall into their scams!  Singaporeans are generally smart enough but sometimes we are just overwhelmed by our own boredom and loneliness.  Hopefully my sharing will help prevent more people from being scammed.

PM me if you need further details.

Thanks for the write up.

I have been wondering why these Mainland Chinese or Taiwanese guys contacted me. Lately, they start conversing in English but at a certain point will ask to switch to Mandarin.

The point I noted is: At the apps you can hardly report them because during their chats they don't link to their websites or will resort to any nasty things.

Don't get duped by their hot looking pics. Mostly they will be mid to late 30s or just above 40s. If you have an eye you will easily spot that most pics are not taken in Singapore, but I saw some having created pics as being in Singapore. Probably with some picture tools... Placed in front of MBS or such sort of touristic pics.

Just wonder if there are still guys who fall trap to them...

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.