Male HQ

Harbin, China

yexben

Guest InBangkok

I was there for the Ice and Snow Festival a few years ago. Amazing experience but it is really freezing - down to -25 degrees at night. Moutaineering underwear helps! I made lots of contacts using the apps both when I was there andbin advance, especially with students. Unfortunately I was there just before the lunar New Year and all had returned to their home towns. There was a gay bar recommended to me but my evenings were taken up at the Ice Park (you have to see it both by day and night). In such a large city there is bound to be a lot of gay activity.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/2/2018 at 9:18 AM, Guest InBangkok said:

I was there for the Ice and Snow Festival a few years ago. Amazing experience but it is really freezing - down to -25 degrees at night. Moutaineering underwear helps! I made lots of contacts using the apps both when I was there andbin advance, especially with students. Unfortunately I was there just before the lunar New Year and all had returned to their home towns. There was a gay bar recommended to me but my evenings were taken up at the Ice Park (you have to see it both by day and night). In such a large city there is bound to be a lot of gay activity.

Hi, other than the Ice and Snow Festival, is there anything else that we should not miss out while travelling to Harbin? I will most likely arrive Harbin on either 20th Dec next month,  and I can only enjoy the Trial opening of the ice and snow festival then, the Official opening will be on 5th Jan 19. I do hope the trial opening will be just as great as the official opening and less crowd. I have prepare a down jacket, 3 sweaters, long john/thermal undies, gloves and scarf and wool socks, I  have heard that good quality of wool thermal undies help to keep warm under the extreme weather, could you share with us your experiences? What is the name of the gay bar and do you know the gay bar add?

Could you share with us what kind of apps that you used to make contacts with the locals, or any websites would be much appreciated. Do you have LINE on your mobile, I can add you on LINE.

Thanks.

• 3 months later...
On 11/16/2018 at 8:26 AM, yexben said:

Hi, other than the Ice and Snow Festival, is there anything else that we should not miss out while travelling to Harbin? I will most likely arrive Harbin on either 20th Dec next month,  and I can only enjoy the Trial opening of the ice and snow festival then, the Official opening will be on 5th Jan 19. I do hope the trial opening will be just as great as the official opening and less crowd. I have prepare a down jacket, 3 sweaters, long john/thermal undies, gloves and scarf and wool socks, I  have heard that good quality of wool thermal undies help to keep warm under the extreme weather, could you share with us your experiences? What is the name of the gay bar and do you know the gay bar add?

Could you share with us what kind of apps that you used to make contacts with the locals, or any websites would be much appreciated. Do you have LINE on your mobile, I can add you on LINE.

Thanks.

i agree with u , apart from those ice/snow exhibition, i cannot imagine what else

biggest irony is we Chinese (not china) go Harbin, and  they China go to jp?

but the fact is :  Jp's sapporo's Snow festival flooded by tourist as expected, 

hit record 2.74 million thanks to weather and Chinese New Year tourists

star wars is the theme 2019 https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2019/02/12/national/visitors-sapporo-snow-festival-hit-record-2-74-million-thanks-weather-chinese-new-year-tourists/#.XGfcAOgzY2x

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.