Male HQ

Open Club  ·  110 members

Gardening

I hve not much plants to show now but saw that japn might have yearly orchids exhibit
http://english.huistenbosch.co.jp/events/?mode=event&Type=1&eventName=170830_phalaenopsis&eventTitle=Phaelenopsis Exhibition

sorry, non related:  the gigolo tumblr seemed to have many dict pic! is that yours? or some random guys?

i think u mentioned before in the other thread
actually i m confused also why do we need to setup clubs now?

Can u share what is some of the magical tips in growing orchids, they wither and it took years to grow bk

On 11/6/2018 at 9:09 PM, lookseelooksee said:

You are welcome.

Yes, this dendrobium hybrid is growing in my rooftop garden.

Edited by lookseelooksee
5 minutes ago, -Ignored- said:

I hve not much plants to show now but saw that japn might have yearly orchids exhibit
http://english.huistenbosch.co.jp/events/?mode=event&Type=1&eventName=170830_phalaenopsis&eventTitle=Phaelenopsis Exhibition

sorry, non related:  the gigolo tumblr seemed to have many dict pic! is that yours? or some random guys?

Wow! So many phalaenopses! However the Japanese have spelt phalaenopsis wrongly, which is surprising because they are usually very careful and accurate. It should be phalaenopsis instead of phaelenopsis. Did you attend the show?

Yes, the dick pics are mine (unless otherwise stated).

8 minutes ago, -Ignored- said:

Can u share what is some of the magical tips in growing orchids, they wither and it took years to grow bk

The secret is fertilization. The rule for fertilizing orchids is "weakly, weekly."

Click these 2 links to learn more:

1.   http://www.aos.org/orchids/orchid-care/how-do-i-feed-my-orchid.aspx

2.   http://www.orchidboard.com/community/beginner-discussion/90549-weakly-weekly-save-time-hassle.html

But don't bother with commercial fertilizer, just use your urine (but dilute it 1-1 with water).

6 minutes ago, lookseelooksee said:

Wow! So many phalaenopses! However the Japanese have spelt phalaenopsis wrongly, which is surprising because they are usually very careful and accurate. It should be phalaenopsis instead of phaelenopsis. Did you attend the show?

Yes, the dick pics are mine (unless otherwise stated).

they r very poor in English , commonly made all such english mistakes on their websites

Else, they are very accurate and careful as u hve said

i wont attend /visit a ctry for the same thing that Sg is supposed to be gd at  (eg Tropical flower, our national flower is Orchids and we have a dedicated area in beautiful botanical garden  for that  incld research) + the ever - eventfULL Gardens by the bay
I will go for flowers that ONLY jp has it instead or not available in sg Eg tulips?
https://www.huistenbosch.co.jp/event/tulip/

6 minutes ago, lookseelooksee said:

The secret is fertilization. The rule for fertilizing orchids is "weakly, weekly."

Click these 2 links to learn more:

1.   http://www.aos.org/orchids/orchid-care/how-do-i-feed-my-orchid.aspx

2.   http://www.orchidboard.com/community/beginner-discussion/90549-weakly-weekly-save-time-hassle.html

But don't bother with commercial fertilizer, just use your urine (but dilute it 1-1 with water).

ya i rem u shared with that too
but mine is on the table, i cant urine around the family 

U fert them weekly?????? but after they whither , how often do u do that?

39 minutes ago, -Ignored- said:

ya i rem u shared with that too
but mine is on the table, i cant urine around the family 

U fert them weekly?????? but after they whither , how often do u do that?

Just use less urine, the smell will go away very quickly.

Yes, weekly. After the flowers wither, just cut off the stalk and wait for the orchid to bloom again. It will bloom as long as you fertilize regularly.

4 minutes ago, -Ignored- said:

the orchids have withered , left one CP!

furthermore i dont have space to post

What is CP?

You can create space to post by creating another BW account, then uploading your pics to the new account, then they become attachments in your new account. After that, you can post here by using the URL from your new account.

1 minute ago, -Ignored- said:

CP: Carnivorous plants

Do u cook with those mints? or mix into your alcoholic drinks?When r u inviting us to a garden tour?

No, I normally don't eat what I grow.

I will arrange a garden tour one day, now quite busy..

1 hour ago, lookseelooksee said:

singapore-gardener-february2017-06.jpg

Dunno the name of this plant but sometimes it produces pretty yellow flowers.

Looks like Talipariti tiliaceum, a shrubby tree related to mangrove and coastal area :) I like the purple leaf variety.

Be cool, like a breeze...

On 11/8/2018 at 8:50 AM, lookseelooksee said:

Wow you know so much! Are you a botanist?

looksee, 

u can down those apps which can help u identify possible 
eg Picturethis or Plantsnap

Coolbriz is the real expert from aquatic to shrimp, to drone (which can last 10mins also dare to buy) and visiting diff parts of the world and many more, i paled infront of him in this forum after he is added, lol

singapore-gardener-january2017-29.jpg

My hibiscus (note the 2 colours yellow and orange in the flower which suggests this plant is a hybrid because flowers with 2 distinct colours are usually hybrids). Moreover the flower is very large which means it is a modern hibiscus, not an original wild hibiscus.

singapore-gardener-january2017-45.jpg

My purple (or fuchsia if you want to show off your English) petunia. After a few months, you must trim the plant as much as possible to stimulate new growth. You can also repot what you trim off for new plants. Petunia needs quite a lot of sunlight in order to bloom and can even tolerate full sun.

1 hour ago, lookseelooksee said:

singapore-gardener-january2017-02.jpg

My starfruit plant (looks good but tastes horrible because I should not have let the fern grow in the same pot as the starfruit and steal the nutrients in the soil from the starfruit).

Love the fiddle heads of the fern though! 

Be cool, like a breeze...

17 hours ago, Coolbriz said:

Love the fiddle heads of the fern though! 

In case you all don't know what Coolbriz is talking about, fiddle is another name for violin. A young fern that has not fully developed will have a slightly curled up head like the head of a violin. 

19 hours ago, lookseelooksee said:

My starfruit plant (looks good but tastes horrible because I should not have let the fern grow in the same pot as the starfruit and steal the nutrients in the soil from the starfruit).

ya huge and fat
but i thought u wont eat what u grown?

On 11/16/2018 at 4:15 PM, -Ignored- said:

ya huge and fat
but i thought u wont eat what u grown?

I've had this starfruit for about 10 years and at first I tried to eat it but everytime it tasted horrible so in the end I gave up. 好看不好吃

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/15/2018 at 8:16 PM, lookseelooksee said:

Might it improve if the fern is extracted and planted in another pot, then change the soil mix or something?

On 12/27/2018 at 11:26 AM, Cube3 said:

Might it improve if the fern is extracted and planted in another pot, then change the soil mix or something?

It might, but there are so many ferns now in the starfruit pot that I don't have the will or energy to extract each and every one of them and repot them.

I don't think the present soil mix is a problem. The problem is that the ferns are basically overwhelming the starfruit plant, and choking the life out of it ever so slowly, sad to say. If I ever 狠 心 eliminate the ferns from the pot, I'm sure the starfruit plant will revive with proper care e.g. fertilization.

On 12/20/2018 at 1:07 AM, wilfgene said:

How about plants for the NEW YEAR.

Like the Hokkien Narcissus resembling ginger, instead of garlic.

Since the WET season has destroyed my garden.

Do you have a picture of Hokkien Narcissus? I googled but can't find it leh.

Sorry to hear the rain has wrecked your garden. Mind showing us a pic of your garden?

• 4 weeks later...

20190125_213413.jpg

I saw these beautiful CNY plants on sale at Bedok North Street 1 Blk 213 this afternoon and just had to share with you their captivating beauty.

The plants with bright yellow and orange flowers are (correct me if I'm wrong) marigold.

4 hours ago, lookseelooksee said:

20190125_213413.jpg

I saw these beautiful CNY plants on sale at Bedok North Street 1 Blk 213 this afternoon and just had to share with you their captivating beauty.

The plants with bright yellow and orange flowers are (correct me if I'm wrong) marigold.

Care to guess their colloquial name?

On 1/25/2019 at 9:46 PM, lookseelooksee said:

20190125_213413.jpg

On 1/26/2019 at 1:53 AM, wilfgene said:

Care to guess their colloquial name?

On 1/26/2019 at 6:13 AM, lookseelooksee said:

No idea, I'm Singapore born and bred and speak dialects but I haven't a clue as to these plants' colloquial name. Do enlighten us.

Koi Sai Kek.

Anybody else saw the Dutch roses and carnivorous plants on sale outside of Tangs?

• 1 month later...
counter