Male HQ

KPOPX fitness vs Zumba?

sgchubboy22

Hello everyone

I'm thinking of going for either of these regular classes, but heard KPOPX quite bad for knees esp if overweight like me. But, apparently KPOPX is more intense than Zumba - and I prefer high intensity workouts.

Also, any recommendations for either? I know CC have, but would like to explore other options.

Any thoughts?

Hi Sgchubboy22,

Good day. I will share with you my thoughts and suggestions:

- Find out the credentials and reviews of the instructor. A good instructor should be someone who possess the knowledge and skills to deliver good quality fitness workouts, and able to educate the participants to exercise correctly with good posture and form. Good posture and form is very important during exercise to avoid/minimize injuries. Also, can the instructor educate participants to exercise with options (eg. Doing high impact like jumping/hopping/running vs Low Impact moves like walking/tapping etc). There are many certified Zumba and KpopX Fitness Instructors; regardless of Zumba or KpopX Fitness, a good instructor should be able to deliver all my mentioned points, thus allowing the exercise participants to exercise safely and enjoy the workout. Fyi, there are many instructors who are also certified both in Zumba and KpopX Fitness, or even certified in many other areas as well like Yoga/Kickboxing/Personal Training/Sports Rehabilitation etc. Simply to say, there is nothing wrong with the programme Zumba or KpopX Fitness. So therefore, it will be good to find out the best instructor who can deliver the workout well. 

- You mentioned you are overweight. It is best to start with low impact exercise workouts (or minimize the number of high impact moves) to help you in achieving weight loss, since this will have lesser impact on the joints. Fyi, Low impact doesn't mean low intensity. There are ways to increase workout intensity without all the high impact jumping moves. I am not sure about Zumba, but i can assure you there are high intensity yet low impact moves in KpopX Fitness Choreographs. Definitely suitable for anyone who desires a high intensity workout without worrying about getting joint discomfort.

Pm me if you wish to know good instructors who conduct KpopX Fitness in CCs, or at ActiveSg Sports Centres; i know these instructors, and will be glad to recommend them to you.

Edited by thepresentfitness

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.