Male HQ

First Time Grindr Tips

Guest NewlyOut

Cat fishers (Google it ) and people who block you suddenly ~ again you need to advertise yourself, show best assets and face (if you really came out ), but not direct cock photos. They have moderators to check whether your photos deem fit to post. 

I would urge you to reconsider your decision to join Grindr.

If making friends / networking is what you want there are other options.

I trust you're not dumb and you know what Grindr is used for. Being gay doesn't mean you must be promiscuous, but if this really is how you want to spend your life, then of course it is your freedom. Be careful, always wear protection. 

All the best.

erm for me that app hasn't really satisfied me sexually...but im addicted to texting so theres that beware of rude people tho

im using the app to replace my gaydar cause mine's faulty af lul...id rather go to a gay sauna than grindr for sex

Edited by vera.

Grindr, Tinder, Hornet alike is just a hookup App period. Most are shallow, dishonest and unfaithful type of people. Noting different than going to gay type of places to look for sex.

If you want to make sincere friends, looking for date etc, you should join other social or sport activities. 

ALWAYS expect that the other guy is in for a hook up. You can still be adult and courteous about it - lots of hook ups involve nice conversations and activities before the sex. 

There will be rarer cases of guys interested in friendship, but you two must really really click. 

Romantic relationships definitely happen out of apps if both parties like each other enough. Just cast your net wide though. 

Guest gmale2068

You need to be careful and not divulge too much initially. Maintain a chat and if someone really interested in knowing you more, the chat would sustain over a period of time. Usually we will move to Line or WhatsApp for further chats before meeting. So far guys I met have been friends and surprisingly, nothing sexual taken place as yet.

Be open and honest in what you want from your experiences on Grindr. If you communicate well, little can go wrong since you're really in control of the situation. It's all transactional after all. Always be safe, and remember that consent can be taken back at any point after its given. If you feel unsafe, communicate this, and leave. When you're having sex, again: communicate. 

Guest Social App

1. Be cautious with what you share in the app... Share as much as you are ready to lose in case of misunderstanding...

2. Be cautious when meeting people for the first time... He is a stranger after all

3. Be cautious when hooking up with a stranger... Refrain from putting yourself in circumstance of risky unsafe sex acts...

These advice are probably meant for innocent people lol...

Most importantly, if the guy doesn't reply to your messages, he might be busy, simply doesn't have the habit of checking the app etc. No need to feel annoyed or deflated... No one is obliged to reply anyone's message...  We are all strangers after all...

Good luck!

2 hours ago, auri said:

Grindr only shows people located close to you. So if you are home you will probably find the same old faces after a short while. Can consider using a fake gps app to move your location, or maybe pay for full version of grindr 

Any reliable fake GPS apps to recommend? Thanks. ;)

2 hours ago, kidster said:

Any reliable fake GPS apps to recommend? Thanks. ;)

Here's a few recommendations based on spoofing on Pokémon go. I think they'll work on grinder as well - FGL pro. Fake GPS free

You’re not alone. If you’d like to speak to someone, help is available at the following centres:

Samaritans of Singapore (SOS) 24-hour Hotline: 1800 221 4444 or pat@sos.org.sg.
Institute of Mental Health’s 24-hour Hotline: 6389 2222
Care Corner Counselling Centre (English and Mandarin): 6353 1180
Singapore Association for Mental Health: 1800 283 7019

Grindr

- mainly for hookup, sex

- use it while u r horny (Play safe  - of course)

- 90% ppl who on prep are seeking for CF, Chemical Fun. Curious to try? Think twice before u try.

Jackd

- mainly for eyes candy, browse for handsome faces

Tinder

- mainly for relationship, but most of them just chat for first day and MIA forever ~

To be honest, you can make new friends from Grindr as well. You may see some ppl look for hookup on Tinder.

It is same as your real life society. Be careful and wisely in making friends or sex.

• 1 year later...

I think apps like Grindr are great for hooking up and that is that. However, I also think it is much better to meet people through activities, i.e. workouts, hobbies etc. where you have something in common to start from. 

Grindr to me is great when I am traveling for work in different cities. But to meet guys locally, I find activities a better option or through friends and work events. 

Love. 

Guest guest
Just now, doncoin said:

I think apps like Grindr are great for hooking up and that is that. However, I also think it is much better to meet people through activities, i.e. workouts, hobbies etc. where you have something in common to start from. 

Grindr to me is great when I am traveling for work in different cities. But to meet guys locally, I find activities a better option or through friends and work events. 

Not easy to know gays through activities like hobbies, work events, unless you are in the gay circle.

Just now, Guest guest said:

Not easy to know gays through activities like hobbies, work events, unless you are in the gay circle.

Well, then it is simply up to you to decide if you want to dip your toes "in the gay circle" or totally get your feet wet. Life is too short to worry and stress about what other think about you. You can only decide for yourself what will make you happy. 

Love. 

• 4 months later...
Guest virtual
2 hours ago, timber_wolf said:

do people recommend exploring your sexuality on grindr? 

If exploring your sexuality virtually works for you, and you don't need any physical contact, then why not?

But you wouldn't find answers to your true sexual orientation with grindr.

• 5 months later...
On 11/19/2018 at 2:15 AM, Guest social said:

Grindr, Tinder, Hornet alike is just a hookup App period. Most are shallow, dishonest and unfaithful type of people. Noting different than going to gay type of places to look for sex.

If you want to make sincere friends, looking for date etc, you should join other social or sport activities. 

Best info

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.