Male HQ

PREP / Truvada Discussion : All discussion on PrEP & it's side effects(Compiled)

Guest meowth

I do have to add that the main reason I'm taking it is since Prep is subsidized where I live (Australia) ... not because I want to go wild

cost is about AUD $40 for 3 months supply (valid as of Nov 2018)

If it's too expensive, then I will not do it.

I joined as a participant in their Prepx research a bit more than a year ago (it costs as above to obtain the pills) ... that's how I started

Each person differs ... so, depends on their own needs and capability.

Edited by Ben S
add info

2 hours ago, Ben S said:

I'm not sure what's the purpose of your comment/question ?

To add on, for people taking Prep, they monitor the kidney function, so, at start, it will be every 3 months check for urine sample.

Tks for sharing the details like u r living in Aust

i noticed in sg many refused to go to clinics

some just disliked the idea

they have to hide their faces

me too, if i really hve to go to dsc/kelantan

i also disliked to discuss such issues w practictioners

so unless it is dead urgent; i will nt want to

Furthermore, u didnt really have wild activities, so the more wont even need it

mayb australians r really opend abt it

19 hours ago, -Ignored- said:

Tks for sharing the details like u r living in Aust

Furthermore, u didnt really have wild activities, so the more wont even need it

I have put Melbourne - Australia as my location, thought it’s clear enough ...

also, with bad luck, it only need 1 time to caught HIV

and yes, many people are quite open about taking prep in their grindr profile here.

I quite enjoy living here since I don’t need to hide (though I don’t need to tell everyone about being gay either)

Been seeing many on grindr putting "ON PREP" seems like many are fooling around and BB sex. Also saw some users with previously HIV+ status removed when they want to fuck around. Scary, wonder why many still loiter in public places like saunas and toilets not knowing the other party's status.

On 11/10/2018 at 4:38 AM, Ben S said:

I have put Melbourne - Australia as my location, thought it’s clear enough ...

also, with bad luck, it only need 1 time to caught HIV

and yes, many people are quite open about taking prep in their grindr profile here.

I quite enjoy living here since I don’t need to hide (though I don’t need to tell everyone about being gay either)

Don't u feel prep is for anti-hiv only. It means u still can get chances in getting other std like syphilis?

For me, the cost of taking prep is high compare to wearing a condom.

But I can undstd the pleasure of bareback LOL

Ok, I dunno what i talking right now.

Guest Whiffed
On November 11, 2018 at 12:19 AM, kjboy said:

Don't u feel prep is for anti-hiv only. It means u still can get chances in getting other std like syphilis?

Ok, I dunno what i talking right now.

Your post makes a whole lot of sense to me. I understand why so many people are greatly concerned about HIV, as it will kill them if left untreated, and requires expensive pills to be taken every day for the rest of their lives as the only possible treatment. But there are many other Sexually Transmitted Diseases out there such as the incurable Herpes, along with the generally treatable Gonorrhea, Syphilis, Chlamydia, Trichomoniasis, HPV, and Genital Warts.

PrEP only protects from HIV, but having sex without condoms leaves people vulnerable to the other seven diseases, as well as anal and urethral infections which can be developed after anal sex due to "regular" germs in those body parts getting dislodged and moving from one partner to the other. Does sex without condoms (bareback / raw) feel good? With the right partner, yes, not gonna lie. But it's not worth the risk outside a serious long-term relationship.

9 hours ago, Guest Whiffed said:

Your post makes a whole lot of sense to me. I understand why so many people are greatly concerned about HIV, as it will kill them if left untreated, and requires expensive pills to be taken every day for the rest of their lives as the only possible treatment. But there are many other Sexually Transmitted Diseases out there such as the incurable Herpes, along with the generally treatable Gonorrhea, Syphilis, Chlamydia, Trichomoniasis, HPV, and Genital Warts.

PrEP only protects from HIV, but having sex without condoms leaves people vulnerable to the other seven diseases, as well as anal and urethral infections which can be developed after anal sex due to "regular" germs in those body parts getting dislodged and moving from one partner to the other. Does sex without condoms (bareback / raw) feel good? With the right partner, yes, not gonna lie. But it's not worth the risk outside a serious long-term relationship.

Let's fuck raw then. Hehe

On 11/11/2018 at 3:19 PM, kjboy said:

That’s why, I still recommend to be selective who you’re going to play raw with.

Just don’t be childish if you still got STI from doing it ... that’s one of the consequences, both parties should understand it.

When you can find someone (or more) on similar opinion, can start build some trust (and some thrust) 

You have answered your own comment :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/5/2018 at 5:33 PM, wintersnow said:

Can check with afa for generics. Do note these generics's efficacy havent been studied

else go buy the generics urself from thailand at 1/3 of truvada's price 

Generics are indeed well studied - there have been multiple studies done in the UK to prove that all generics sold by online vendors are genuine, both through therapeutic drug monitoring, and testing the drugs themselves in labs. Generics are pretty much exact copies of Truvada, just without the branding.

We actually realised that lots of PrEP users around Asia had to travel to Thailand just to purchase generic PrEP, hence one of the reasons why we started our site - to make it available to people who need it without going through the trouble of getting a flight to Bangkok.

To reiterate the (very constructive) discussion above, PrEP only protects against HIV, and there are many other nasty STIs out there (albeit curable). So it is still recommended to use condoms even while on PrEP!

Edited by Prepster
Minor edit

1696768617_PrEPOnlineLogov2tiny.png.40339e949b7ca40cbeb310871a9ed1d0.png

Afraid of HIV? Get on PrEP and protect yourself today.
PrEP is a pill approved by the World Health Organization that you can take daily to reduce the risk of contracting HIV by up to 99%.

We ship PrEP worldwide cheaper than anywhere else, at under $30 per bottle.

Visit us at getpreponline.com today

We are a group of PrEP users based in the UK, Singapore, Indonesia and Thailand who believe that access to PrEP should be made more convenient and affordable for people who need it all around the world.

On 8/11/2018 at 4:12 PM, Prepster said:

However, many people who think PrEP is expensive do what is called event-based PrEP - where you take 2 pills 2-24 hours before you have sex, then 1 pill 24 hours after sex, and another pill 48 hours after sex. It has been proven to still be effective if taken this way. We have a section on all the four different ways here: https://getpreponline.com/prep-info/#howtotakeprep

I am not very active sexually, so I do this method. Especially in foreign countries, or just in a more sketchy situation. Sticking to one sex partner and being less promiscuous  also reduces the risk. Once a day are for users who have sex almost every other day, and I also worry about my liver if i have to take it everyday, so this option makes the most sense to me.

So if you practise the event-based PrEP, it is not expensive at all. It's a no brainer, really, whether to include PrEP or not, it can potentially save your life!

Edited by tomcat

🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑

How much is Prep in the following clinics? Anyone knows?

1. DSC Clinic, Kelantan Lane

2. Be Prepared Clinic, NUH Medical Centre

3. TTSH

How much is the consultation? HIV test? Liver and kidney function tests?

On 11/24/2018 at 8:47 PM, Guest Prep said:

How much is Prep in the following clinics? Anyone knows?

1. DSC Clinic, Kelantan Lane

2. Be Prepared Clinic, NUH Medical Centre

3. TTSH

How much is the consultation? HIV test? Liver and kidney function tests?

Ttsh have 2 diff clinics. One subsidised and another private so its hard for me to tell u how much are the test. I rem vaguely but cant confirm the test for subsidised clinic is about 60-70 for liver n kidney panel together 

Cost of truvada is the same regardless of clinic at about 300 plus a bottle of 28 days supply. 

Dsc got price list online for you to check. Cos of truvada is about the same as cdc but consultation is cheaper

Guest Prep newbie

How to take event-based dosing?

https://ibb.co/cNVyhdm

The "take 1 pill 24 hours later" means 24 hours after sex or 24 hours after the first dose?

If I'm going for a holiday, should I follow holiday PrEP dosing (take 7 days daily dosing before the period) or event-based dosing (take 2 pills 2-24 hours before sex)? What are the pros and cons of each dosing method? Would holiday PrEP dosing be safer (less chance of HIV infection) than event-based dosing?

https://ibb.co/5MgqdXW

• IkuTube changed the title to PREP / Truvada Discussion (Compiled)
Guest STI Clinic JB

Hi everyone, 

STI Clients Friendly Clinic in Johor Bahru is offering PrEP & PEP service for Malaysian. All STI test and PREP monitoring will be covered by the clinic (subsidised by MOH for Malaysian). Only cost of the drug will be covered by the clients. Full payment for Non Malaysian. For more info please contact +60192371956 or log on to https://www.facebook.com/klinikstijb

Thank you

Dr Hafiz

• 2 months later...

For all those who are taking PrEP or considering to take PrEP, can read this article on the different dosing that works for different types of sexual activity.

https://www.dtapclinic.com/hiv/hiv-prep/

PrEP is very imporant for HIV prevention. If your partner is on PrEP only he is protected rom HIV, not you. So don't give in to them when they ask for unprotected sex. This is how some of my patients got infected with HIV.

On 12/11/2018 at 2:35 PM, Guest STI Clinic JB said:

Hi everyone, 

STI Clients Friendly Clinic in Johor Bahru is offering PrEP & PEP service for Malaysian. All STI test and PREP monitoring will be covered by the clinic (subsidised by MOH for Malaysian). Only cost of the drug will be covered by the clients. Full payment for Non Malaysian. For more info please contact +60192371956 or log on to https://www.facebook.com/klinikstijb

Thank you

Dr Hafiz

How to order PrEP if from KL.

• 5 months later...

It may be old news,  but I heard today about class-action lawsuits against the manufacturer of Truvada,  Gilead Sciences,  for failure to warn about serious side effects involving the kidneys and bones.   Here is one of the many articles about Truvada lawsuits (by a law firm):

https://www.truvadalawsuits.com/texas-truvada-lawyer/

Reading how Gilead delayed the production of a safer drug until its patent for Truvada was about to expire,  to squeeze more $$$ out of Truvada,  is nauseating!

I hope this is old news and all BW-ers who are / were sold on PrEP  haven't had side effects and are taking precautions!

• 1 month later...
Guest Careful girls

On my recent trip to SIngapore, i saw there was alot of guys stated that they were on Prep in Grindr.

i met up with one who stated he was on Prep. Before we got down to Fuc*ing, i did ask him what is the process of taking Prep and what is it. he seemed very clueless. so which bring me to my advice today.

Girls, even if the guy insisted that he is on Prep, please do not let him raw you. your health is at his mercy if he is telling the truth or not. so take precaution and take charge of your own body. Condom, Prep or both. dont let your heat of the moment lead to a life under medication and fear.

cheers

2 hours ago, Guest Careful girls said:

On my recent trip to SIngapore, i saw there was alot of guys stated that they were on Prep in Grindr.

i met up with one who stated he was on Prep. Before we got down to Fuc*ing, i did ask him what is the process of taking Prep and what is it. he seemed very clueless. so which bring me to my advice today.

Girls, even if the guy insisted that he is on Prep, please do not let him raw you. your health is at his mercy if he is telling the truth or not. so take precaution and take charge of your own body. Condom, Prep or both. dont let your heat of the moment lead to a life under medication and fear.

cheers

Good advice.  And even better:  Get a better source of pleasure than to bottom.  I don't know... caviar, French wine and cuisine, chocolate mousse... weed...  ?

• 5 months later...

https://the-singapore-lgbt-encyclopaedia.wikia.org/wiki/Pre-exposure_prophylaxis_in_Singapore

Pre-exposure prophylaxis in Singapore

Truvada

Truvada003 Truvada001

Truvada is an antiretroviral drug combination of 300mg of tenofovir disoproxil fumarate and 200mg of emtricitabine formulated into tablets. It was approved for the pre-exposure prophylaxis of HIV infection (PrEP) in 2012 by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Even though it has been available in Singapore since mid-2012, Truvada was reportedly offered only by a few clinics and given selectively, for instance, to the spouses and partners of people living with HIV/AIDS.

All that changed in late 2016 when Dr Dariusz Piotr Olszyna, a senior consultant at the National University Hospital's (NUH) Division of Infectious Diseases, announced that there was "overwhelming evidence and international guidelines which now recommend PrEP as an important tool in HIV prevention"[1]. Truvada has been shown to be 60-70% and, in some studies, up to 96% effective in preventing the transmission of HIV in gay men and other high-risk groups like sex workers, transgender women, intravenous drug users and HIV-negative partners in sero-discordant relationships[2]. It was gradually and sporadically introduced in parts of Asia in the mid-2010s. While PrEP is starting to transform HIV prevention in the United States, it has yet to be fully integrated into Asian programmes. Representatives from national AIDS programmes, health service providers and community groups from 18 Asian countries are currently exploring how to roll out PrEP in the region.

Many Singaporeans take Truvada to prevent HIV infection if they intend to have unprotected penile-vaginal or penile-anal sex or as an extra precaution in addition to using condoms. Truvada is also prescribed by doctors to individuals belonging to the high-risk groups mentioned above. One tablet of the drug should be taken daily without fail for at least seven days before sex to ensure adequately high steady-state levels in the bloodstream for efficacious protection against HIV infection. It may subsequently be consumed daily, if required, for life.

On-demand PrEP

Sexually active individuals who consider PrEP expensive may save on costs by practising what is called event-based PrEP or on-demand PrEP where 2 tablets of Truvada or its generic equivalent are taken 2 to 24 hours before anal sex, followed by 1 tablet 24 hours after sex, and another tablet 48 hours after sex. If having sex for an extended period of time, meaning potential exposure is sustained for more than a 24-hour period, 1 tablet is taken every 24 hours until the individual has 2 sex-free days. This dosage regimen has been proven to still be effective[3]. However, a qualifying caveat is that on-demand PrEP has only been investigated in and recommended for cisgender men who have sex with men[4].

Patients also need to be followed up regularly. Doctors advise testing every three months for sexually-transmitted diseases and HIV as early detection and treatment of HIV offer a good chance of survival. If a patient is already HIV-positive but does not know it and commences PrEP, it is very dangerous. The infection may be inadequately treated and the virus could become resistant. As PrEP is available only via prescription, Singaporeans who request it will receive counselling as well. At NUH, patients get a comprehensive assessment of their HIV risk and individualised advice on how PrEP can help them in reducing the risk. The monitoring will continue for possible adverse effects. As Truvada may be toxic to the kidneys, renal function tests are done once every three to six months.

Teno-Em

TenoEm001 TenoEm003

Teno-Em is a much cheaper, generic version of Truvada manufactured in Thailand by the Government Pharmaceutical Organization (GPO). It has the same composition as the original branded medication, namely, 300mg of tenofovir disoproxil fumarate and 200mg of emtricitabine.

Unlike most of the generic PrEP available worldwide, Teno-Em is the only PrEP formulation which is produced by a national government. PrEPSingapore.com is the sole authorised agent for the Thai GPO-manufactured Teno-Em for prescription orders. Its website allows Singaporeans to order directly from the Government Pharmaceutical Organization and to receive the medication at their homes at similar prices to Thai clinics, using Singapore prescriptions and partnering with various Singapore hospitals and clinics. It supports its service with refund and delivery guarantees.

Ricovir-EM

RicovirEM001 RicovirEM002

Ricovir-EM is another generic version of Truvada with exactly the same composition, manufactured in India by Mylan pharmaceuticals. It is imported into Singapore by PrEP Online (see below) and sold at a very affordable price of SGD$30 per bottle of 30 tablets.

Other generic drug combinations

TavinEm001 TaferoEM001 TenvirEm001 TenofEM001

Singapore hospitals and clinics

On 29 November 2016, it was reported in TODAY newspaper that Truvada would be offered by Tan Tock Seng Hospital (TTSH) which saw more than one in two people living with HIV[5]. Two other establishments - the Department of STI Control (DSC Clinic) at Kelantan Lane and the Be Prepared Clinic (BePrEP Clinic) at the NUH Medical Centre, National University Hospital (NUH) - also planned to offer PrEP[6],[7]. TTSH decided to offer PrEP in early 2016 and hospital staff had been putting procedures in place to provide the service in a systematic and comprehensive manner. By November 2016, the hospital had prescribed PrEP to one patient, a middle-aged man who found out about the service through word-of-mouth. TTSH was in the midst of revising the cost of the medication and senior medical social worker Amanda Yap explained that the introduction of PrEP allowed the hospital to play a powerful preventive role, reaching out to people at risk. Dr. Tan Kok Kuan of Dr. Tan & Partners said an original Truvada tablet for PrEP cost about SGD$30 each, with additional costs for consultation and various tests.

Singapore, being a developed country, is not given the concession by major international pharmaceutical companies of officially being able to sell cheaper, generic versions of Truvada and other antiretroviral drugs before the patents and exclusivity granted to the original versions have expired[8]. This is unlike the case in developing countries such as Thailand or India, where local pharmaceutical companies have been licensed to manufacture generics, even before the drug patents have expired, on compassionate grounds because of their large prevalence of HIV infection and the lower per capita income.

Original, branded versions of Truvada are now available at the larger government hospital pharmacies at the National University Hospital (NUH), Singapore General Hospital (SGH), the Communicable Disease Centre (CDC), Tan Tock Seng Hospital (TTSH) and the Department of STI Control (DSC) and have also been available at certain GP (general practitioner) clinics like the 10 branches of Dr. Tan & Partners[9],[10] since 2014. The cost of Truvada at these establishments is about SGD$900 for one month's supply, before GST. The medication may be obtained on the very first visit after a HIV test which can be completed within 15 minutes.

Other GP clinics offering PrEP are:

• Prudence Family Clinic:[11]
  • DB Medical:[12]
  • Cross Street Medical Clinic:[13]
  • Anteh Dispensary:[14]

Government subsidy

Medisave cannot be used to pay for PrEP. However, in a move unanimously lauded by HIV doctors and activists, the Ministry of Health added 16 antiretroviral drugs used for the treatment of HIV, including Truvada and Edurant, to its list of subsidised drugs with effect from 1 September 2020, making them much more affordable for thousands of Singaporeans[15]. The 16 drugs were also added to the Medication Assistance Fund which allowed patients who could not afford them to draw from it to help pay for the cost. All subsidised patients who purchased any of the 16 drugs would henceforth receive 50% or 75% worth of subsidies, depending on their means test status. Previously, people living with HIV could only receive help from the Medication Assistance Fund on a case by case basis.

Buyers clubs

Much cheaper generic versions (less than one-tenth the price of the branded original) may be obtained through buyers clubs modelled after Dallas Buyers Club, as portrayed in the movie. There are several of these clubs in Singapore. One of them was organised by Rev. Yap Kim Hao of the Free Community Church which has a closeted cell group of HIV-positive churchgoers. A separate club (contactable at +65 97531592) which supplies generic antiretroviral drugs to people living with HIV is headed by a volunteer who sells generics at one of the cheapest prices available - one month's supply of generic Truvada costs SGD$70 (plus an additional SGD$50 for shipping and handling charges) as compared to over SGD$900 for the branded version sold at clinics. The price of one pill of Truvada is 30 Singapore dollars, equivalent to about SGD$55 in the UK, SGD$50 in the USA and SGD$35 in Canada. The cost of the generic version in Thailand is SGD$1 and just over SGD$2 after being imported into Singapore via the buyers clubs.

The Ministry of Health and Health Sciences Authority tacitly allow these buyers clubs to source for generic antiretroviral medication from overseas and have them shipped to the Action for AIDS (AfA) headquarters along Kelantan Lane, just opposite the Department of STI Control (DSC). From these stocks, representatives of the clubs can then procure the drugs for sale to individual buyers. AfA may be contacted via their hotline at: 6254 0212.

Bangkok

Some Singaporeans also travel to Bangkok, Thailand to buy Teno-Em, the generic version of Truvada, and to be followed up by the STI specialists there once every three months. Many catch a flight on Friday evening and return to Singapore by Sunday night. Places where generic antiretrovirals may be obtained include Bumrungrad Hospital (most expensive of all the options), the Bangkok Christian Hospital and the Thai Red Cross AIDS Research Center. The latter is colloquially referred to as the "snake farm" or "Sapha Ka Chat" in Thai. It is located along Angreedunang Road, at the junction opposite Surawong Road. The Thai Red Cross is reputed to offer the cheapest prices. However, one has to factor in the cost of airfare, accommodation, food and local transport.

One physician who prescribes and sells generic antiretrovirals is Dr. Natthakhet of Sathorn International Clinic, telephone/fax: +66 (0) 20093877, e-mail: sic56216@hotmail[dot]com. He used to work at the Thai Red Cross. Opening hours are from 5pm to 8pm on weekdays and 8:00am to around 6:00pm or 7:00pm on weekends. Many Singaporeans who are wary of the large crowds at the Thai Red Cross consult him.

The price of a bottle of original Truvada in Thailand is over SGD$100 whereas the generic Teno-Em costs less than half of that.

Bangkok clinics catering to English speakers

While most Singaporeans are familiar with Pulse Clinic, it is not the only clinic in Bangkok that patients can get PrEP from.

There are several clinics scattered across the city that offer PrEP, some of which cater to English-speaking visitors and expats. (The reader can find out more in this guide specially prepared by Dear Straight People: https://dearstraightpeople.com/2019/11/30/prep-guide-bangkok/ )

PulseClinicSilom002 PulseClinicSilom001

SafeClinic001 SafeClinic002

ThaiRedCross001 ThaiRedCross002

Bangkok pharmacies

Chula MD Pharmacy

A prescription for a bottle of Teno-Em, containing 30 tablets of the generic version of Truvada, can be filled for about SGD$30 without the need for haggling at Chula MD Pharmacy[16] (also known as Chula Bhesaj Drug Store), located about 5 minutes' walk from Sala Daeng BTS station. Its address is 942/25 Rama IV Road, Bang Rak, Bangkok 10500. Opening hours are from Mondays to Saturdays from 8:00am to 8:30pm. Telephone number: +66 2 233 5105. Chula's prices are amongst the cheapest as other pharmacies may charge as much as SGD$50 to $65 per bottle.

ChulaMDPharmacy003 ChulaMDPharmacy002 ChulaMDPharmacy004

(Leftmost photo and pricing information credit: Otto Fong.)

Johor Bahru

Caring Pharmacy

Caring Pharmacy in Malaysia also stocks antiretroviral drugs. The branch in Johor Bahru is located at G-104, G floor, R&F Mall, Mercu 1, Jalan Tanjung Puteri 1, R&F Tanjung Puteri 83000, Johor Bahru. Telephone number: 07-267 3725. It opens every day of the week from 10:00am to 10:00pm[17].

CaringPharmacy001 CaringPharmacy002

Dr. Singaraveloo of Johor Specialist Hospital, 39 B Jalan Abdul Samad, telephone number: 02-07 225 3000 ext. 4854 is a physician who sees HIV-related problems.

Klinik STI JB

Klinik STI JB offers PrEP and PEP services for Malaysians. It is located at Jalan Mahmoodiah, Johor Bahru. All tests for STIs and PrEP monitoring are done by the clinic, subsidised by Malaysia's Ministry Of Health. Patients only have to pay for the cost of the drugs. Non-Malaysians must fork out the full payment for the consultations, tests and medication. Individuals requiring more information may telephone the clinic at +60 192371956 or visit their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/klinikstijb

KlinikSTIJB001

Online suppliers

PrEP Singapore, PrEP Online, PrEP GLOBAL, Dynamix International and Pulse Clinic Online are more reliable and assuring alternatives to procuring medication from unaffiliated, independent suppliers who advertise themselves on Grindr and who may charge as much as SGD$75 per bottle of generic drugs from unverifiable sources.

PrEP Singapore

With the establishment of prepsingapore.com, an organisation which works with Singapore hospitals/clinics and Thailand's Government Pharmaceutical Organization in collaboration with Thai clinics to provide prescription generic medication at affordable prices, and sent to Singapore in accordance with regulations governing the importation of drugs for personal use, it is no longer necessary to travel to Bangkok for cost savings. The site supplies Truvada from Thailand at a third of the prices in Singapore. The Truvada generics are now available cheaply at around SGD65 for one month's supply and delivered to homes legitimately as prescription medication through prepsingapore.com. PrEP Singapore began from successful partnerships with Taiwanese hospitals providing generic Truvada via doctors from Thai clinics and directly from pharmaceutical manufacturers to protect the privacy and safety of their patients. It offers the full suite of customer assurance including customs declaration, refunds and service guarantees, and partners with Singapore sexual health clinics to provide similar prescription-based models.

PrEP Online

PrEP Online[18] was started by a group of PrEP users based in Europe and Asia who believe that access to PrEP should be made more convenient and affordable for people who need it all around the world. The group works with HIV and LGBT-related organisations around the world to provide up-to-date information on PrEP, and sources for PrEP directly from manufacturers to bring it to the community at the lowest prices.

PrEP GLOBAL

PrEP GLOBAL[19] (also known as PrEP Worldwide) is a Singapore-based company that offers PrEP at affordable prices with free shipping. Orders usually arrive within 3 days. If customers use the code "STEVEN", they can get an additional 10% off. The code "STEVEN" is only applicable for orders of SGD$115 and above so it is worthwhile using the code to get a 3-month supply. It offers Ricovir-EM (30 tablets per pack) from SGD$50 onwards and Tenvir-EM (30 tablets per pack) also from SGD$50 onwards.

Dynamix International

Dynamix International[20] is an import-export company established in Singapore in 2009. It delivers PrEP to a customer within 2 weeks. The products it offers are:

Pulse Clinic Online

https://www.pulse-clinic.com/buypreponline/

To save its Singaporean clients the hassle and expense of travelling to Thailand, the Bangkok-based Pulse Clinic began offering PrEP for sale online in the late 2010s. However, buyers must have the original prescription with the date and doctor's signature and Singapore Medical Council registration number (MCR no.), or the official report from a laboratory sent to its email address beforehand.

Up to three months of PrEP medication can be legally imported into Singapore for personal use. This includes:

Public education

Talks and seminars on PrEP are periodically conducted by Action for AIDS (AfA) and its subsidiaries, DSC Clinic, Oogachaga, Drs. Tan & Partners, The Greenhouse SG, Lifeline SG, BePrep Clinic, the National Centre for Infectious Diseases and other organisations.

PrEPTalk20-001  

Edited by groyn88

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Y'day I took PrEP. 6 hours later I had diarrhoea=(

Today is my 2nd day. 6 hours later I have diarrhoea & a bad stomach ache :( =(

Anyone here has such side effects?

I'm not sure where you are obtaining your Prep so I just want to highlight that the more important thing is that Prep is processed and broken down through the liver and kidney's. It is important that you have your liver and kidney functions regularly checked by a doctor every 6 months.

4 hours ago, peter_pj said:

I'm not sure where you are obtaining your Prep so I just want to highlight that the more important thing is that Prep is processed and broken down through the liver and kidney's. It is important that you have your liver and kidney functions regularly checked by a doctor every 6 months.

Thx peter_pj for ur kind words...

For one second i thought God was speaking to me from Heaven warning me abt taking non-HSA-approved-drugs...

Actually that was not my intention. I think if you fall within a person that is of higher risk, then my personal view is that you should speak to a doctor about starting a Prep regimen. Of course I would understand that it may not be easy to directly speak to a doctor, but maybe you could also speak to a NGO who can give some guidance on the topic. I'm not Singaporean so I would leave other members to give guidance on such local organisations.

You must also take note that Prep, i.e. Truvada, may be contraindicated against certain medications and supplements (e.g. certain statins or St Johns wort). Again, I'm not a doctor or a pharmacist so please do speak to these professionals so you can get the best guidance as well as proper monitoring of your other functions.

On 8/5/2020 at 5:00 AM, Kimochi said:

Can ask @Dr T about it. Pm him or start a topic in health and fitness section? 

Thanks for the tag. 

Like any drugs, HIV PrEP can have some potential side effects.

A small number of people will experiences “start-up syndrome” like:

• Gastrointestinal discomfort
  • Dizziness
  • Bloating nausea
  • Weight Loss

HIV PrEP may have a small risk of affecting your kidney and bone function. Hence, regular visits every 3 months with our doctors are essential to monitor for any complications.

Can order prep here:

https://www.pulse-clinic.com/buypreponline

Edited by Dr T

1 minute ago, Dr T said:

Thanks for the tag. 

Below is extracted from our clinic website:

https://www.dtapclinic.com/hiv/hiv-prep

Like any drugs, HIV PrEP can have some potential side effects.

A small number of people will experiences “start-up syndrome” like:

• Gastrointestinal discomfort
  • Dizziness
  • Bloating nausea
  • Weight Loss

HIV PrEP may have a small risk of affecting your kidney and bone function. Hence, regular visits every 3 months with our doctors are essential to monitor for any complications.

Thanks doctor for replying!  Hugs 🤗

11 hours ago, PassingGuess said:

This expired btm uncle sounds like a doctor. This is his body. It doesn’t mean everyone will react similarly isn’t?

I am not a doctor. Just saying generally side effects subside after a few days to weeks based on medical articles that i have read. If you think you are better then u give advise loh.

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • G_M changed the title to PREP / Truvada Discussion : All discussion on PrEP & it's side effects(Compiled)
Guest kaypoh
2 hours ago, David Tan said:

Hi friend 
If you know about PrEP , please share your knowledge. For example how to start , daily/ monthly expenses.

Please do not share link, I can find link myself but don’t want to read too much.
Thanks

two ways of taking prep -- daily prep vs prep on demand.

see doctor, get blood test done for hiv, liver and kidney function.

cost will vary depending on where you get it from.

for me, a bottle of 30 tablets cost about $40. daily prep that is one month supply

after this should get blood tests done every 3 to 6 months

Guest non prep

Problem is PREP does not give you 100% protection. Know of someone that still got HIV even though he is on PREP. Just not worth it with its side effects and many doctor visits.

1 hour ago, Guest non prep said:

Problem is PREP does not give you 100% protection. Know of someone that still got HIV even though he is on PREP. Just not worth it with its side effects and many doctor visits.

You do not know how he was taking prep if its even properly at all. Too early to make judgement like that. My question to you, does condom offer 100% protection? No either. So no single method is 100% so the onus is on the person to decide what works best for them. 

5 hours ago, Guest kaypoh said:

two ways of taking prep -- daily prep vs prep on demand.

see doctor, get blood test done for hiv, liver and kidney function.

cost will vary depending on where you get it from.

for me, a bottle of 30 tablets cost about $40. daily prep that is one month supply

after this should get blood tests done every 3 to 6 months

And to add on. You have 2 options now. Truvada or Descovy (daily only). 

Guest kaypoh
11 hours ago, Guest non prep said:

Hope you don't think condoms provide 100% protection!!!

Apparently, 15 out of 100 people who use condoms as their only birth control method will get pregnant each year.

https://www.plannedparenthood.org/learn/birth-control/condom/how-effective-are-condoms

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I’m on PrEP, living in NZ. 3mths supply is $5NZD as NZ Goverment subsidy with support of the LGBTQI community. Every night before you sleep take a pill. First time taking you need to take for 2days before going BB sex. So 2 weeks before you run out of pills, the GP will send you for blood test, urine swab(STI), saliva swab (STI) and anal swab (STI). Also GP will give you a call every 3 mths to check if you have any side effects or not. So far I don’t have any side effects at all.

However, do remind you that PrEP does not prevent you from getting STI. So still need protection. 

FYI, I also have my HPV vaccine, each dose cost $195NZD and a total of 3 dosages for be fully vaccinated. This HPV vaccine no subsidy for LGBTQI community but subsidy for all female age 13-40 as cervical prevention measures. HPV vaccines not only protect you against genital warts (STI), it also prevent you the risk of getting throat cancer due to HPV tumor. There are some studies mentioned people who are active in oral sex will have higher risk of getting HPV tumor. 

Edited by cityhallguy

Having been on PrEP for years, the only side effects I've had is an upset tummy if I take it on an empty stomach.

Being on it is a self-protective measure I take on my part that almost removes the risk of getting HIV when I insert my cock into another guy.

Gay men of my generation will remember how our peers or seniors disappeared from the scene or pass away suddenly from "some mysterious disease". It was tragic that we were not allowed to say goodbye properly - we all knew what was happening if someone had to be cremated at Kelantan Lane on the same day. So many amazing talented people lost just like that. 

Thanks to science, this can now be prevented.  The feeling is liberating - I don't feel guilty about having sex with another man anymore. 

On 12/17/2021 at 6:05 PM, TopChinese said:

Having been on PrEP for years, the only side effects I've had is an upset tummy if I take it on an empty stomach.

Being on it is a self-protective measure I take on my part that almost removes the risk of getting HIV when I insert my cock into another guy.

Gay men of my generation will remember how our peers or seniors disappeared from the scene or pass away suddenly from "some mysterious disease". It was tragic that we were not allowed to say goodbye properly - we all knew what was happening if someone had to be cremated at Kelantan Lane on the same day. So many amazing talented people lost just like that. 

Thanks to science, this can now be prevented.  The feeling is liberating - I don't feel guilty about having sex with another man anymore. 

Having been on PrEP for years.... just wonder if our polyclinics can give out PREP? 

we all knew what was happening if someone had to be cremated at Kelantan Lane on the same day. is that what happen to AIDS victim in singapore? 

On 12/17/2021 at 4:44 PM, cityhallguy said:

I’m on PrEP, living in NZ. 3mths supply is $5NZD as NZ Goverment subsidy with support of the LGBTQI community. Every night before you sleep take a pill. First time taking you need to take for 2days before going BB sex. So 2 weeks before you run out of pills, the GP will send you for blood test, urine swab(STI), saliva swab (STI) and anal swab (STI). Also GP will give you a call every 3 mths to check if you have any side effects or not. So far I don’t have any side effects at all.

However, do remind you that PrEP does not prevent you from getting STI. So still need protection. 

FYI, I also have my HPV vaccine, each dose cost $195NZD and a total of 3 dosages for be fully vaccinated. This HPV vaccine no subsidy for LGBTQI community but subsidy for all female age 13-40 as cervical prevention measures. HPV vaccines not only protect you against genital warts (STI), it also prevent you the risk of getting throat cancer due to HPV tumor. There are some studies mentioned people who are active in oral sex will have higher risk of getting HPV tumor. 

GRATEFUL for this info. thanks.

• 8 months later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.