Male HQ

Anyone goes to pubs/clubs alone?

Creevie

Hi,

A non-scene person here, recently feel like entering the scene a bit to know more ppl. I'm 34 chn here.

Wondering if anyone goes solo to places like Tantric, Taboo, or Tanjong Beach Club Sentosa (heard it's AJ night first Sun every month) etc? Please share your thoughts or opinions here if you please, thanks!

Can jio jio me or join me to go chillax too :)

Edited by Creevie

2 minutes ago, JoKoYuGi2 said:

I don't think there's no such a thing as no market. If you are here to make a few friends, there are a few that are friendly enough to talk to you. The hard part is trying to find them haha. 

Yeah I get what you mean JoKoYuGi2. I am not looking for a hookup, just wanna know more ppl in general :)

I think i'll just drop by some evening this week and have a drink.

I didn't use to go to clubs/pubs alone before I went to live overseas for work. I learnt to appreciate going to pubs alone and enjoying the scene while living overseas, and yes, I learnt to also speak to people when the situation allowed it.

Back here in Singapore, I still go for a drink on Mondays at pubs to prepare myself for the week ahead. Places around Boat Quay are what I like. Thursday is a time for me to read a book at a quieter place with a glass of whiskey. And probably a gay bar on Friday to soak up the atmosphere. (Love to hear the chatter of people while sitting at the counter.)

Went a few times to 1Altitude (gay night) to enjoy the skyline while enjoying a nice drink to myself. 

And just something about age, before PLAY closed down, Taboo was the place for guys above 30. Which means you were the youngsters if you were in your thirties. I remember seeing so many hot guys in their 40s. They probably went elsewhere or do private dance parties now.

Edited by repressednerd

I didn't enter the gay scene until I was in my 40s, and I find most successful to go alone. Not for being unsociable, but a person alone is much more approachable than someone who is there with someone else.  This goes for bars, discos, gay saunas, etc.  We should not feel bad for being alone.  Usually alone -> available.

7 hours ago, repressednerd said:

I didn't use to go to clubs/pubs alone before I went to live overseas for work. I learnt to appreciate going to pubs alone and enjoying the scene while living overseas, and yes, I learnt to also speak to people when the situation allowed it.

Back here in Singapore, I still go for a drink on Mondays at pubs to prepare myself for the week ahead. Places around Boat Quay are what I like. Thursday is a time for me to read a book at a quieter place with a glass of whiskey. And probably a gay bar on Friday to soak up the atmosphere. (Love to hear the chatter of people while sitting at the counter.)

Went a few times to 1Altitude (gay night) to enjoy the skyline while enjoying a nice drink to myself. 

And just something about age, before PLAY closed down, Taboo was the place for guys above 30. Which means you were the youngsters if you were in your thirties. I remember seeing so many hot guys in their 40s. They probably went elsewhere or do private dance parties now.

That's comforting to know haha. Hanging out solo. Well not bad not bad! And a drink on Mon to prepare u for the week ahead?? How does that work? ;)

Yeah I went to Play before. Even Zirca on Sundays. All gone now. Ok shall drop by Taboo or Tantric to see see look look. And probably somewhere on coming Sat too. 

When is 1Altitude Gay Night? I used to work around the area and always pass by 1Altitude but didn't really had the impulse to enter. 

3 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

I didn't enter the gay scene until I was in my 40s, and I find most successful to go alone. Not for being unsociable, but a person alone is much more approachable than someone who is there with someone else.  This goes for bars, discos, gay saunas, etc.  We should not feel bad for being alone.  Usually alone -> available.

Hiya Steve, u made two very encouraging points in ur short and sweet post! Thank you :)

2 hours ago, Creevie said:

That's comforting to know haha. Hanging out solo. Well not bad not bad! And a drink on Mon to prepare u for the week ahead?? How does that work? ;)

Yeah I went to Play before. Even Zirca on Sundays. All gone now. Ok shall drop by Taboo or Tantric to see see look look. And probably somewhere on coming Sat too. 

When is 1Altitude Gay Night? I used to work around the area and always pass by 1Altitude but didn't really had the impulse to enter. 

The only bad thing is drinks are so ex in Singapore that I just do beer by the riverside just before payday. :thumb:

Monday drinks is probably a mentality thing for me. I like to welcome the first day of the week than have blues over it. And some places do give good deals for Monday.

Since there are so many interesting events (like Hypertainment, Man About Town etc), Taboo isn’t really interesting to me now. I prefer May Wong Cafe to Tantric. 

For 1Altitude gay nights, you probably need to follow Hypertainment on Facebook or sign up for their mailing list. They organise gay nights on the eve of public holidays. Next upcoming one is Christmas Eve.

2 hours ago, Creevie said:

I feel like going to hypertainment. Let me go check things out. Who u going with??

u have a nice bod ! dont be discouraged by the age ! give me a pm when u come down to Malaysia.ill gladly have a drink or two with u.

17 hours ago, Creevie said:

Hi,

A non-scene person here, recently feel like entering the scene a bit to know more ppl. I'm 34 chn here.

Wondering if anyone goes solo to places like Tantric, Taboo, or Tanjong Beach Club Sentosa (heard it's AJ night first Sun every month) etc? Please share your thoughts or opinions here if you please, thanks!

I do go alone sometimes too last time. But now having my own house so i normally chill out at home with some friends.

Never been to the clubs for quite some time liao, wonder how the crowds out there now, if you wanna go, I can join you. :)

Guest distract
18 hours ago, Guest Fatty said:

There is no market for guys after 30 in gay clubs 

What a bullshit comment....

Just wonder who all the guys in the pubs and bars are? Most of them above 30 already.

Please refrain from such baseless generalisations.

Maybe there is no market for you in the places...

Guest distract
18 hours ago, Creevie said:

Hi,

In my eyes it all boils down to the question or fact how daring you are to make new friends quickly, talk to strangers and get acquainted by others. If you are the super shy type, then probably it will be difficult to go alone to these places. You must be able to connect with others easily otherwise it will be boring and then it is better to bring someone along with you.

5 hours ago, HydroNaut said:

I do go alone sometimes too last time. But now having my own house so i normally chill out at home with some friends.

Never been to the clubs for quite some time liao, wonder how the crowds out there now, if you wanna go, I can join you. :)

Nice. I'm thinking this Sat, shall we :)

4 hours ago, repressednerd said:

Probably just snapping up a lone ticket so that I can chill to drinks at the top (and have a great view of MBS) ;)

ahhh okay. will message u if i'm going anyway.

I usually go for a night out drinking alone. I find it easier and much more free that way for me, to be able to go anywhere I want, stay as long as I want, and not need to take care of drunken friends haha. 

Not really into clubs though as I'm not much of a dancer. Usually places like KPO or The Public House are my favourite haunts, though I might have to break my preference for solo flying and meet up with people to go to Tantric together since that place whilst nice isn't really meant for people to go alone. 

9 hours ago, West93 said:

I usually go for a night out drinking alone. I find it easier and much more free that way for me, to be able to go anywhere I want, stay as long as I want, and not need to take care of drunken friends haha. 

Not really into clubs though as I'm not much of a dancer. Usually places like KPO or The Public House are my favourite haunts, though I might have to break my preference for solo flying and meet up with people to go to Tantric together since that place whilst nice isn't really meant for people to go alone. 

Non-gay establishments are nice... you can just sit and chill, or join the dance floor when good music comes.

Gay establishments ofc are for socializing or getting laid.

On 12/9/2018 at 9:00 PM, Guest Fatty said:

On 12/9/2018 at 8:30 PM, Creevie said:

Hi,

The Scene is on the wane due to the proliferation of social medias.

The last I heard, this is still the post-modernist small mass market.

You decide if you target the meat or meet market.

Perform some self-comparison with (often touched-up) pictures of prostitutes on the Web.

Drink expensive drinks or simply join the drink-up club, here.

17 hours ago, kingbitch said:

Non-gay establishments are nice... you can just sit and chill, or join the dance floor when good music comes.

Gay establishments ofc are for socializing or getting laid.

I personally like the rooftop bar setting. Have been frequenting some of them in the Boat Quay area. Used to like The Bar Above for its rooftop setting but it closed down.

In other countries, I would have gotten high and get into a cage to dance.

Edited by repressednerd

3 hours ago, repressednerd said:

I personally like the rooftop bar setting. Have been frequenting some of them in the Boat Quay area. Used to like The Bar Above for its rooftop setting but it closed down.

In other countries, I would have gotten high and get into a cage to dance.

Can u please do so anyway? I wanna watch.

On 12/9/2018 at 9:00 PM, Guest Fatty said:

It's not the age really. If really handsome, 40yo still got suitors. If ugly, below 25yo also no one  will want to approach. Sad aj scene but that's how it works. Lucky I'm good looking enough!

16 minutes ago, RedRight said:

i feel like trying to go alone too but idk which places are better for someone who's non-scene!

Have you considered going with some of the forumers in this thread? Like Creevie. This thread seems good for a 'virgin night out' outing

11 hours ago, Creevie said:

Where would u all go for good music at gay establishments?? ;)

Good music can be quite subjective. If you are looking for dance music, I think Taboo still does it pretty well (if DJ Lorri is still there). And any gay establishment that has DJ George Leong is also pretty good. If you like to hear 'live' singing, I think karaoke pubs like Lluvia are quite good. There is a stereotype that big-boned guys can sing really well since they have the body mass to do so.

11 minutes ago, repressednerd said:

Good music can be quite subjective. If you are looking for dance music, I think Taboo still does it pretty well (if DJ Lorri is still there). And any gay establishment that has DJ George Leong is also pretty good. If you like to hear 'live' singing, I think karaoke pubs like Lluvia are quite good. There is a stereotype that big-boned guys can sing really well since they have the body mass to do so.

Nice. You're really experienced. Basically just no cheapo pop dance tracks like those edited Katie Perry nonsense can liao. Some smooth music would be fantastic. 

Guest Isn’t that hooking up
On 12/14/2018 at 8:02 AM, Creevie said:

As for meet ups sure, but no pic no intro why would I want to surprise or shock myself lol. 

You said meet ups sure.

Don’t need to get into any exchange of words with these ‘guest accounts’. They  are just sore losers who have no friends and will not be invited to any party or social gatherings. Lol

Edited by Mushigg

37 minutes ago, Mushigg said:

Don’t need to get into any exchange of words with these ‘guest accounts’. They  are just sore losers who have no friends and will not be invited to any party or social gatherings. Lol

You are describing the thread starter and yourself, hence the need to ask for meetups with strangers so near to xmas in this forum. Not shitting on the practise though, don’t get me wrong.

10 hours ago, Guest Really said:

You are describing the thread starter and yourself, hence the need to ask for meetups with strangers so near to xmas in this forum. Not shitting on the practise though, don’t get me wrong.

I have never been to any clubs or pubs like Taboo and I hope that I could find someone to go with me so I will not be awkwardly dancing around by myself. I am so thankful that Creevie created this thread thus it allows me to find someone to accompany me to go with. I have followed this thread for like 2~3 days and I am sure that Creevie is just looking for people to hangout. Who ever accused him for trying to hookup is purely just some haters.

5 minutes ago, MoonlightPiers said:

I have never been to any clubs or pubs like Taboo and I hope that I could find someone to go with me so I will not be awkwardly dancing around by myself. I am so thankful that Creevie created this thread thus it allows me to find someone to accompany me to go with. I have followed this thread for like 2~3 days and I am sure that Creevie is just looking for people to hangout. Who ever accused him for trying to hookup is purely just some haters.

Have you tried downing yourself with alcohol? Inebriated enough you would be enjoying the dance floor yourself without remembering anyone who even came with you. 

Guest Drama Leads To Being Alone

A black guy who I know from when I studied in America is visiting, so my boyfriend and I went to Taboo with him, but shortly after arriving we ran into my ex, so my boyfriend decided to act immature, and we ended up leaving our guest there alone. When I texted my friend to apologize this morning, he replied that he stayed for several more hours and mostly just danced by himself and wasn't going to et our drama ruin his holiday weekend, but several guys came up and asked him why he was alone. LOL. I guess the idea of being at a pub or club alone really is strange to many Singaporeans.

34 minutes ago, Guest Drama Leads To Being Alone said:

I guess the idea of being at a pub or club alone really is strange to many Singaporeans.

Many Singaporeans think doing *anything* alone is strange. Like having lunch, or watching movies. 

38 minutes ago, Guest Drama Leads To Being Alone said:

but several guys came up and asked him why he was alone.

The reality is only guys of sufficient appeal will get guys approaching them like this.

I'm still hoping some of the other participants in this thread can share their virgin pub/club experiences :D Let me know if anyone wants a guide for a virgin pub visit in Chinatown (not a club though).

Never been any gay club so far. But tired once a straight club during my one of my coworker's farewell.

Pretty boring and noisy for me. Dancing and body sweaty. Make myself very clumsy.

Maybe I'm not that kind of party person? Prefer to fuck on bed till sweaty rather than in a club. LOL

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.