Male HQ

>>[[ BW NEW Moderators Recruitment ]]<<

HendryTan

• G_M changed the title to >>[[ BW NEW Moderator Recruitment ]]<<

It is always good to know the objective of wanting to pursue something in life. 

Such, in wanting to help out with the BW Moderating Team and to become the volunteered Mod(s), do answer these questions when PM.

01.  What do you think is lacking in the Forum?

02.  How can you help?

03.  What will be the first thing that you (may) undertake?

04.  Are you comfortable to antagonize/displease/offend members/guests while carrying out the duties of a Mod (within the Forum rules and regulations)?

On behalf of the Moderating Team, I thank you.

Click Here To Visit My Blog @ "The Blessed Life"

*Let me live my life to be an instrument of 'Love', in how I speak and in how I see others*

- May there be Love and Peace beyond all understanding -

The new Mod(s) can be of any age. 

We are not restricting any age group for this coming recruitment.

The Forum has gained participation from the younger generation over the years.  For that reason, we want to reserve one position to be filled by a young aspirant to join the Moderating Team.

Do come forward, dear members. :D

*Let me live my life to be an instrument of 'Love', in how I speak and in how I see others*

• IkuTube changed the title to >>[[ BW NEW Moderators Recruitment ]]<<
2 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

maybe u all mods might hv some members in mind, y not extend ur invitation thru pm to them? some may need a little push ma

haahaa

Granted that there are individuals that "need a little push".  Thank you for that good suggestion and we may heed it.

However, becoming a Mod in BW is a voluntary service that does not come with any salary / payment.  Right now, we want interested members to come forward from their own interest and motivation.

On 12/21/2018 at 8:05 PM, IkuTube said:

Right now, we want interested members individuals to come forward from their own interest and motivation.

FTFY. I believe there are regular guests who don't, or rarely, post and prolly is a good candidate to be a mod. No post history to screen character but a meetup should be more or less telling. Wouldn't be a bad idea to include an e-mail so they can contact you outside of the forum's private messenger.

Edited by Glyph

On 12/23/2018 at 6:28 AM, Glyph said:

FTFY. I believe there are regular guests who don't, or rarely, post and prolly is a good candidate to be a mod. No post history to screen character but a meetup should be more or less telling. Wouldn't be a bad idea to include an e-mail so they can contact you outside of the forum's private messenger.

Thank you, Glyph.  I concur that there are regular guests that can be a good candidate to be a Mod.

Should they are willing to step forward, I think the best start is for them to familiarize with the registration process.  From there, they can start to PM.

@IkuTube

Benefit of the doubt given to the tech-savvy folks out there who're familiar enough with IPB functions but just don't see the need to register (yet). I see what you did there though, prerequisites.

All the best with the modhunt. :)

Edited by Glyph

Be a part of your community. 

Be a part to support the same cause.

Be a part of the Moderating Team.

While this is voluntary, I believe the cause enriches one's journey in life.  So, give some thoughts and fill up the posts that are now open.

• oralb pinned this topic
Guest just a note

The first ad violates the TAFEP Guidelines on fair employment.

You better do a check first before posting offensive or violating "Job" ads.

Thanks....

2 hours ago, Guest just a note said:

The first ad violates the TAFEP Guidelines on fair employment.

You better do a check first before posting offensive or violating "Job" ads.

Thanks....

recruitment doesn't equate to employment. it's plain clear mod recruitment is not mod employment. as such, your above statement is irrelevant..

PS: don't simply quote whatever is pleasant in your own view without considering it's full intended meaning.

Guest just a note
4 hours ago, kaze said:

recruitment doesn't equate to employment. it's plain clear mod recruitment is not mod employment. as such, your above statement is irrelevant..

PS: don't simply quote whatever is pleasant in your own view without considering it's full intended meaning.

if you get yourself informed then you would know that Employment covers pre-employment (= recruitment) as well . or why did the companies listed on MOM's website get fined because of recruitment advertisements (i.e. actions prior to Employment)?

The TAFEP Guidelines are just called like that. ....

Hello?

3 hours ago, Guest just a note said:

if you get yourself informed then you would know that Employment covers pre-employment (= recruitment) as well . or why did the companies listed on MOM's website get fined because of recruitment advertisements (i.e. actions prior to Employment)?

Hello?

Based on what you said, in your opinion, this forum is considered a company?  Asking to be a volunteered mod without salary considered employment?

I don't think the recruitment here is about employment.  Where in the first ad that said it is a recruitment for employment?

10 hours ago, Guest just a note said:

Hello?

u still dont get it.. let me put it plain simple to you:

1) a moderator in this forum is not an employee for the very simple logic - they are not paid.

2) nobody will be signing an agreement with the would-be-moderator indicating his roles and responsibilities etc.

3) I quote you "The Tripartite Guidelines on Fair Employment Practices sets out fair employment practices that should be adopted by employers to help prevent discrimination in the workplace." Forums is never a workplace and the forum itself is not an employer.

now if you will, please stop quoting things on employment and link it to mods recruitment. they are totally different in nature. you can bring your case to TAFEP and you will get the same reply. don't believe, go ahead and send in your complaint.

• Bern featured this topic
  • Bern unpinned this topic
  • Bern pinned this topic
On 12/29/2018 at 11:44 PM, radical said:

Is there a specific page that lists out who are the moderators and maybe to give a short intro about themselves?

Hope we can understand their specific roles and purpose better.

I don't think I need to introduce myself. I am the vocal, stern and stubborn pain-in-your-ass-mod, some members/guest love to hate.  

Older mods like myself wants to see fresh meat blood to keep the forum running. 

It's been awhile since BW has an anniversary celebration, would like to pass the baton for the younger generation to helm the BW ship, so that we can sit back and watch the setting sun in peace without having to snap the finger wearing the infinity gauntlet. 

Joined BW in June 2005 and was a vocal member, whom was later recruited by Lungker after a squabble with him back in 2007.

Organised the 1st BW Anniversary party on 3rd Feb 2007 and was later officiated as a mod in 12th Feb 2007. Which is almost 12 years as a moderator.

So, if you think you have the balls and got the guts to face assholes and idiots daily and do a shitty (volunteer) job that does not pay, then welcome to the team.

We can't offer you money, but you will get your rewards by having the satisfaction of being the most loved or most hated mod and keeping the forum clean and clear of spammers and other nonsense.

非诚勿扰!

I started off as guest reaching out to help with IT (mainly hardware) matters.  I must have left my email somewhere (when I was helping out here) and got @Lungker to contact me.  Together with @oralb and @G_M, we met and the next thing, I agreed to be part of the Moderating Team.  I started off as a Sub Mod taking care of the IT Rest Room in early 2007.

The journey here has been enriching.  I enjoy being part of it.  There is always something new to learn and re-learn in this Forum, with all the postings. 

Working together with the rest of the Mods is a blessing.  There is a good camaraderie among us.  There is strong respect of our differences.  At the end of the day, the different moderating styles is about bridging harmony and balance towards a common objective.  The objective is to bring our community to one come together to share our stories, to reach out and contribute to our growth and become better, well informed individuals.

But change is constant.  After serving more than ten years, this Forum needs new blood.  New aspiration.  Contemporary inspiration.  This is the only way for our sustenance.  It is a way to stay dynamic, spirited and useful.

I am urging for members to come forward.  Particularly the younger generation that can help and contribute to steer the ongoing journey forward.  This is a voluntary choice as there will be no salary, no CPF, no contract.  It is not an employment but a job that you will serve according to your own time, as and when you can.  It will be a voluntary job that makes you useful - the intangible quality that you will enjoy and only you can understand.

-------------------------------------

And, on behalf of the rest of the Moderating Team, here's wishing you guys a Happy 2019.  May the new year bring good health, perfect and right relationships, source of wealth and lots of joy, love and peace.

• 1 month later...

Seems like I was too late. :redface:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Guest
On 12/16/2018 at 1:06 AM, HendryTan said:

1. The NEW BlowingWind Forum have operated and moderated by existing mods like Amplify, Bern, Gachi, HendryTan, Ikutube, OralB.

2. We are looking for NEW moderators who are willing to Volunteer their services / time to moderate the forum.

Do note that the position does NOT come with any salary / payment.

3. We prefer the potential new moderators to be:

a. Familiar with Singapore LGBT scene.

b. Technical skills like Graphics/Video editing is definitely helpful (NOT a must).

c. Good personality and can create new contents to drive readership.

d. We are looking to have ONE of the position to be filled by a younger mod (20+ ) to reach out to the younger crowd. 

Notice the existing mods are generally older. Older people can apply too.

All above are just suggested criteria (ie NOT compulsory). The new mods may be very different from the above criterias.

If you believe there are other factors that make you a good mod, let us know too.

4. For interested people, please send a PM to @IkuTube (main contact) or @amplify  or @Bern

They will be arranging one to one tea sessions to understand the candidate better. This may involve other mods too.

Cheers !

Any update after so long? 

• 4 months later...
Guest Hornydog123

As Moderators, I ask you to delete my account when I request it. 5 times I tried asking and seems you guys are on a lazy streak. Zero replies so far. So maybe one of you can actually earn the title and delete my account? Berns off the radar? Henry Tan? Who else can do it? I don't want to be listed here any more as its boring with boring topics. Too much immature Drama Drama Drama. 

Guest Big Shot?
9 minutes ago, Hornydog123 said:

As Moderators, I ask you to delete my account when I request it. 5 times I tried asking and seems you guys are on a lazy streak. Zero replies so far. So maybe one of you can actually earn the title and delete my account? Berns off the radar? Henry Tan? Who else can do it? I don't want to be listed here any more as its boring with boring topics. Too much immature Drama Drama Drama. 

This is a good story about human being.  When things are not going your way, it is easier to shoot at everybody except yourself.

Mods already say they are volunteers.  You chose your nick and that already said much abt "too much immature Drama Drama Drama".  Not many horny dogs bark at you that you now blame this forum and the mods?

Guess who needs to grow here?

On 9/11/2019 at 2:36 PM, Hornydog123 said:

boring with boring topics, but yet you go around posting all your comments in those NSFW threads talking about how you like people's cocks and other's butts? Still go around asking for massage and starting a thread asking who's the daddy in this forum that is boring with boring topics?

Now... for the finale... and YOU, Ms Whiny Pig, are the one to say that there is Too much immature Drama Drama Drama here? Look into the mirror before you make those comments next time, wilya? Who's stamping on your feet with all the immature Drama Drama Drama now?

"Thank You" to all those who had expressed interests in our 2019 "recruitment drive". 

This thread is now closed.