Male HQ

turning down people

vera.

53 minutes ago, vera. said:

how does one turn down an offer of sorts if he/others states that he/others is chubby/other factors that are not in your favour...

Tell them they are not your type. You looking for (describe here )

On 12/16/2018 at 5:33 PM, vera. said:

how does one turn down an offer of sorts if he/others states that he/others is chubby/other factors that are not in your favour...

Just be open and let them know you are not interested in them in that sort of way and also not looking for flings and etc ... u feel more comfortable having a platonic friendship of sorts.

Edited by lightsmith32

Just be honest without adding anything derogatory.

I have experienced rejection before, I have rejected few offers as well .... it's life

In this case, I would usually say "Thank you for the offer, but you're not my type (or you're not what I'm looking for)"

Aren't there smart ways to reject someone.

Mostly I would tell a guy that I don;t think it would work out. Who wants to share sex, partnership etc if you know the other is not content of you?

Singaporeans and other Asians tend to make a rejection to something so difficult. They resort to keeping quiet or even blocking you just to avoid to say no.

often it makes sense to just reject and not to elaborate too lengthy on the reasons.

However, I still prefer to receive a rejection instead of being simply ignored by the other.

Edited by singalion
typo

On 12/16/2018 at 5:33 PM, vera. said:

Don't worry, the rejected person will do just fine.  You are not the only one in his world and both of you won't be the first time facing rejection in this society. 

It takes two to clap. Sometimes the worse case scenario is when you reject someone they still keep coming back to look for you... even after u politely reject them...

Life is like a river flowing into the sea, Love Life.

Love, Joy and Peace.

On 12/19/2018 at 12:11 AM, jdu said:

It takes two to clap. Sometimes the worse case scenario is when you reject someone they still keep coming back to look for you... even after u politely reject them...

Then have to resort to plan b, to say you're already seeing someone exclusively 

On 12/19/2018 at 5:16 PM, Beefycub said:

i just say 'not interested but thank u'.

some take it well. some don't.

i face far more rejections than acceptance.
i don't see the point of providing reasons for rejections, nor am i interested to know why i'm rejected either.

donno why some take it so hard.

the hard truth is we were never taught how to accept rejections in life dude...

Life is like a river flowing into the sea, Love Life.

Love, Joy and Peace.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.