Male HQ

Xmas gift ideas

Guest Christ

Company Annual Christmas Gift Exchanging is back again. It's called the secret sender. I drew from the bag, a senior in his 50 that I will be sending my gift to. What would be a thoughtful gift for this person? I didn't know him well. As far as I know, he is single. the price range is from S$10-S$15. During the last christmas gift exchange, I bought 1 NTUC voucher (S$10) and 1 ferrero chocalate (3pcs). and the lady who has drawn gift was so delighted. Any other gift idea other than voucher?

1 hour ago, Guest Christ said:

Company Annual Christmas Gift Exchanging is back again. It's called the secret sender. I drew from the bag, a senior in his 50 that I will be sending my gift to. What would be a thoughtful gift for this person? I didn't know him well. As far as I know, he is single. the price range is from S$10-S$15. During the last christmas gift exchange, I bought 1 NTUC voucher (S$10) and 1 ferrero chocalate (3pcs). and the lady who has drawn gift was so delighted. Any other gift idea other than voucher?

Daiso can buy 5-7item. Go source thoughtfully 

does bakkwa (vaccum sealed) nice? would you buy one as snack or as a gift? I have eaten one very very long time ago. people commented that it lacked the charred taste. but for me, I have no complaint. but if it is you, would you buy one?

2 minutes ago, Kimochi said:

10-15 bucks you can get 5-7 items 

terrible

Daiso is readily available , and with a wide product range

He may not need those 5-7 items out of the 50K stock daiso has, if he need it, he would have already purchased it himself (cos everywhere is Daiso, Miniso)

Less is MORE, get one and close it

Now i know why my friend, a banker went to jp and get a pack of lovely looking* sweets (eg a pack of 20 sweets/tidbits)  from Daiso for his colleagues
Although i dont earn much, i wont fly all the way to jp to get back a Daiso product (readily available in Sg and JB too), though dont get the $ to travel yearly, i will still get a box of biscuits/tidbits at least cost 8 x of that pack of 100Yen

*: jp stuff s always lovely

7 minutes ago, -Ignored- said:

terrible

Daiso is readily available , and with a wide product range

He may not need those 5-7 items out of the 50K stock daiso has, if he need it, he would have already purchased it himself (cos everywhere is Daiso, Miniso)

Less is MORE, get one and close it

Now i know why my friend, a banker went to jp and get a pack of lovely looking* sweets (eg a pack of 20 sweets/tidbits)  from Daiso for his colleagues
Although i dont earn much, i wont fly all the way to jp to get back a Daiso product (readily available in Sg and JB too), though dont get the $ to travel yearly, i will still get a box of biscuits/tidbits at least cost 8 x of that pack of 100Yen

*: jp stuff s always lovely

Nowadays lots of people already have what they wanted. The best is still give money. So how do you explain that? 

Just now, Kimochi said:

Nowadays lots of people already have what they wanted. The best is still give money. So how do you explain that? 

Which is good!Angbaos etc 

or next as good as money with a value to it (TS clearly suggested above what makes 1 delight too)

n those who have nearly everything , will end up dumping the daisos....
A shop handpicked  from jp- may not be the exact omiyage the Rich& influential has tasted also from jp

1 hour ago, auscent said:

Buy him an exercise/strength building equipment. 

Attach a note saying u want him to continue contributing to company for yrs to come. 

Oh...he's quite fat actually. But would he think that the sender is mocking him?

Secret santas are tuff when u don't know the person and within a small budget.

if he's techie, maybe some gadget stuff like powerbanks, bluetooth speakers

if he's sportie, maybe some towel sets

if he's executie, maybe some office socks

if he's movie buffie, maybe some GV movie card (a little over your budget tho)

if he's automotie, some petrol vouchers (i know u said no vouchers, but it's useful for any car owner)

and maybe it's just me, but i cannot take another box of chocs esp ferrero

Edited by wantonmee

22 hours ago, Guest Christ said:

Vouchers lor.

Easiest and people will be happy coz they will see IMMEDIATELY if they got back their money's worth in that exchange. xD

(e.g. Person A bought $10 worth of gifts for Person B, and in return, was given a $12 NTUC voucher from Person D. Earned back $2!) xD

Somemore single uncle, 50's. Not sure what he wants/needs either. 

23 minutes ago, auscent said:

Any other clues abt him?

Also: hows ur status in company? If ure a bit junior then may have to invest more thought into it!

not much clue. as he is from other dept. he is the supervisor of that team. He always buy carrot cakes and put in our pantry to treat us. so I'm thinking to buy snacks and tidbits and put into a box. What do you think? tidbits like childhood snacks (depending on budget):

wheel crackers

Pig ear biscuit / Butterfly Biscuits

chicken in a bizkit

lobster cubes

haw flakes

apollo wafer chocolate

sweet peanut candy

bee bee snacks

rice cracker

ais gem

plait cracker

butter cigarrette sticks.

Do you think he likes tis kind of snacks in the office? or should I buy more modern one from korean/ jap store?

5 hours ago, Nipoet said:

Vouchers lor.

Easiest and people will be happy coz they will see IMMEDIATELY if they got back their money's worth in that exchange. xD

(e.g. Person A bought $10 worth of gifts for Person B, and in return, was given a $12 NTUC voucher from Person D. Earned back $2!) xD

Somemore single uncle, 50's. Not sure what he wants/needs either. 

that was wat i suggested, i fully supp ur ideas too
but nt supermkt again, i luv shopping malls vouchers

dont alwys go daiso
it is terrible! & terrifying tt one constantly recv gift from a $2 shop and there are more than 1 type of $2 shop in sg
miniso start from S$3 

if u can move beyond that, try getting office chair cushion , from S$10+ each : (of cos they hve plenty of even cheaper pricing stuff) 
https://qanvast.com/sg/interior-design-singapore/omni-design-the-green-party-plaza-singapura-8977

greep party: have u visited? avail in 313, PS, suntec (office area right?)http://shopsinsg.com/the-green-party-stores-in-singapore.html
i dont even need to do gift exchg and i dont like such items too but i knew it exist

Edited by lovehandle

I always buy Starbucks card. Most ppl love coffee, if they go Starbucks, can hv coffee or Tea or cakes or use it to buy merchandise. 

Those who already hv Starbucks card will love it more. 

1 hour ago, Guest Christ said:

This one looks funny. but is it really suitable? will he get annoyed? felt being mocked?

50s.

Single.

$14.80 fits your budget perfectly.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

sometimes I feel that all this gift exchanging is so money wasting. I have received so many gifts that eventually I have to throw away, donate to army salvation or resell at carousell at cheap price for quick sellaway. I mean it may seem no fun if everyone receives vouchers. maybe I'm old already and become the Christmas Scrooge.

1 hour ago, zyjd said:

I also need help! My team has a gift exchange with a $50 budget. Gift has to be unisex, and no food/chocolates/vouchers allowed. Any ideas/suggestions? :)

yes, i like gift exchange ie above S$30

what can we get w a stingy budget!!! the team must have put in  deep considerations  that food etc not allowed!!! u ought to be thankful

Customisation is all u need, eg the person u r giving is goin to Hokkaido for a tour in end Jan/Dec, then get him a warmer/shawl , 50sgd definitely u get spoilt 
- aiyo after years of xmas, u guys still have issue with that ?

Giving from the heart : showing respect in giving gifts and not making assumptions is very important

Green party is for 20sgd range:

We are having gift exchange for abt 50 people in our dept. There are 5 of us in my team to buy all the presents. We have a budget of $30 per pax. So we split into different categories like elect stuff, wearables and accessories, food and supplements, skin - bath shower and lotions , and fitness and other stuff.

So we are planning to get like wireless earpiece, mini travel massagers, bluetooth speakers, essential oils, necklace, aloe vera gel, chia seeds, honey, musical snow globe, exercise floor board, yoga mats, stretch bands, stress relief clenching balls. 

We are not expecting some of these stuff to last long given the budget we have. We just try our best not to buy things that people do not like and/or will not use. Well my colleagues will try to do another round of exchange after unwrapped, if they do not like.

anyone gift exchange w family , frens  or relatives, i trust there are

ie non work relatnshp

do u get facial/beauty products for kids/teenagers? cos growing w pimples

many start to realise there is a shop called Green Party: 

Edited by lovehandle

should we create a list of items for gift for others to view? (This is my current 10 list, less than $50 each), do add on to the list ~

1. Perfume

2. Shoe

3. Hat

4. Sweater

5. Earpiece

6. socks

7. Wattle Bottle

8. Ankle Guard

9. Exercise Band & Glove

10. Exercise Roller

6 hours ago, ZenoNex said:

should we create a list of items for gift for others to view? (This is my current 10 list, less than $50 each), do add on to the list ~

1. Perfume

2. Shoe

3. Hat

4. Sweater

5. Earpiece

6. socks

7. Wattle Bottle

8. Ankle Guard

9. Exercise Band & Glove

10. Exercise Roller

11. Piggybank

someone suggest me a piggybank for my secret receiver

if his position is a semi-management or above, a corporate planner might be good. one where he can write his schedules etc.

if he's in a line that requires him to be in formal wear, maybe a clip for the tie? or cuff links?

if he's into travel, travel organiser for his luggage or travel pillow?

Buy a cheap christmas card, slot in a $48 hard cash and with the following message or "greetings"  

I hope this looks practical to you without the shitty gift you probably wouldn't want and by the way, I deducted $2 for this Christmas Card and Merry Christmas! 

If all else fails, a safe bet would be food. I would honestly rather get chocolate or tea/coffee than some random thing I might not use from Daiso or the dollar store.

Chances are, if i really wanted or needed the cheap item, I would have probably have gotten it for myself already.

Its the time of the year for Xmas gatherings, does anyone have any gift ideas that can help me out?

Something that is preferably at least $40 and unisex. more catered to people above 30s?

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.