Male HQ

Asian saunas comparisons

Guest Popular

Guest Popular

I would like to know your feedback to different saunas in the asian countries.

Thailand- friendly and sometimes snobbish if they don't like you. Most of them don't like foreigners.

Sg- stiff and it's hard to figure out body language like eye contacts.

Philippines- very approachable and engaging.. sometimes you don't know if they are faking or not.

Taiwan- a bit cold and they don't strike conversation.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Whether the place good or no good it potray how you behave and react to another person. No doubt some sauna is very run down but if we have the choice of other sauna to go why we wasting out time commenting about such places. No matter which sauna you go locally or oversea is most matter you yourself how you behave and carry yourself.

Guest are you unpopular?
On 12/19/2018 at 7:31 PM, Guest Popular said:

Thailand- friendly and sometimes snobbish if they don't like you. Most of them don't like foreigners.

Philippines- very approachable and engaging.. sometimes you don't know if they are faking or not.

This account is totally inaccurate! The reactions must be because of your grumpy no smile face. Learn to smile (again) and you will see the results fast.

Thailand: Since when do Thai boys don't like to explore "falang". Just note it's their culture nothing for free. But in the sauna? Usually the Thai boys will pull any falang into the corner or room. Maybe you brag you're Singaporean, then sure, they will shun you. And please smile! and refrain from covering your lil boy while walking around in the sauna. Thai boys will find this silly.

Philippines: Why should interest in you be fake? Always need to see someone ripping you off izzit?

Again: don't brag you're from always No.1 league Singapore... and learn to be more chatty and to hold a conversation other than about cheapest prices and best cheap food. and take life with a bit of humour instead of a sour face...

Taiwan: Really don't know what you're doing wrong: Taiwanese are the most friendly if not friendliest Chinese. Never met so friendly people around. If you're lucky you even end up in their place for another round of adventure or a night city tour and talk you thru a night...

Not sure what you are doing wrong? I assume it is a result of your own fierce face. Re-learn to smile more and spray happiness... The world will be yours.

The only think I agree is about Singapore. Guys here are even so bad in body language signaling to reject someone  or give any hint on their motive.

Guest sian sian
34 minutes ago, Guest are you unpopular? said:

Thailand: .....and refrain from covering your lil boy while walking around in the sauna. Thai boys will find this silly.

Actually, is it just me?  I found the Thai guys are actually very protective of their "lil boys",  maybe even more so than Sg guys.

I am no Thai expert though.

some questions at tomcat:

Thailand:

What are Thai punks?

Actually Thailand got some more local guy sauna. Oft the owner charge foreign double entry fee or more, some even say, no foreign allow, but what I hear from owner, they scare the foreign guy bring drug and problem, not so much because foreign guy.

With China you mean PRC guys or chinese in general?

Malaysia:

What u mean by religion and polarisation?

And why arab guy go sauna because religion? Or you mean Arab guy dare go outside of their country.

Philipine

Is it true, need to bring down passport to sauna for register if foreigner?

Always read this, then never try because scare run around to sauna with my passport.

Do u know?

I think Indonesia , the last sauna was forceful close by police raid 3 year ago.

The rest just at spa in Hotel but risky. situation was better 8 - 10 y ago. Some place got MB and they try pick u.

May ask why u never go sauna in Singapore? Fear being reject?

• G_M changed the title to Asian saunas comparisons
2 hours ago, mlyfunp said:

Thailand:

What are Thai punks? Young and obnoxious. Usually sissy type, talking laughing loudly.

Actually Thailand got some more local guy sauna. Correct, sauna for local will turn foreigners at the door. Especially white.

With China you mean PRC guys or chinese in general? PRC. rich but often poor behaving.

Malaysia:

What u mean by religion and polarisation? Tend to look down on trans. So the crowd used to be either hyper masculine gay, or femme trans/gay. 

And why arab guy go sauna because religion? Arabs like to go KL cos everything is halal, muslim country. But i also met some in gay sauna, hee hee. 

Philipine

Is it true, need to bring down passport to sauna for register if foreigner? It is loosely enforced - but my friends brought me in as a group, so they also never checked.

I think Indonesia , the last sauna was forceful close by police raid 3 year ago. situation was better 8 - 10 y ago. Yah, strange that Indonesia has overtaken Malaysia with religious extremism. Now all ngentot privately or on app/cam show. 

May ask why u never go sauna in Singapore? Fear being reject?  Eat local dish very boring leh. I only got strong mood to taste when I am overseas. If got passable looks and good bod, any country go also popular. The one and only time I went to local was when I was in NS, and saw my poly lecturer in there. So for SG, the saying "Don't shit where you eat" very much applies. Even more so, these days.

Hope that helps!

🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑

36 minutes ago, tomcat said:

Thailand:

What are Thai punks? Young and obnoxious. Usually sissy type, talking laughing loudly.  Better young and obnoxious than old and desperate.

Actually Thailand got some more local guy sauna. Correct, sauna for local will turn foreigners at the door. Especially white.  I have never hid my whiteness in Thailand, and I have never been turned away at its saunas.

With China you mean PRC guys or chinese in general? PRC. rich but often poor behaving. Poor behaving OK, but many are in bad shape.

Malaysia:

What u mean by religion and polarisation? Tend to look down on trans. So the crowd used to be either hyper masculine gay, or femme trans/gay.  I am not trans, so I was never looked down. Hyper masculine I don't care for myself. Gays are friendly.

And why arab guy go sauna because religion? Arabs like to go KL cos everything is halal, muslim country. But i also met some in gay sauna, hee hee.  Being Muslim country does not seem to affect the gay fun there.

Philipine

Is it true, need to bring down passport to sauna for register if foreigner? It is loosely enforced - but my friends brought me in as a group, so they also never checked.

I think Indonesia , the last sauna was forceful close by police raid 3 year ago. situation was better 8 - 10 y ago. Yah, strange that Indonesia has overtaken Malaysia with religious extremism. Now all ngentot privately or on app/cam show.  I would not travel to Indonesia for gay tourism.

May ask why u never go sauna in Singapore? Fear being reject?  Eat local dish very boring leh. I only got strong mood to taste when I am overseas. If got passable looks and good bod, any country go also popular. The one and only time I went to local was when I was in NS, and saw my poly lecturer in there. So for SG, the saying "Don't shit where you eat" very much applies. Even more so, these days.  You should not compare going to sauna with 'shit'.  Your case has a better saying:  "No one is a prophet in their own land"

Hope that helps!

35 minutes ago, Steve5380 said:

Better young and obnoxious than old and desperate.

I have never hid my whiteness in Thailand, and I have never been turned away at its saunas.

Poor behaving OK, but many are in bad shape.

I am not trans, so I was never looked down. Hyper masculine I don't care for myself. Gays are friendly.

Being Muslim country does not seem to affect the gay fun there.

I would not travel to Indonesia for gay tourism.

You should not compare going to sauna with 'shit'.  Your case has a better saying:  "No one is a prophet in their own land"

young punks tend to overpower the atmosphere, i've even seen them do crowd control: low-key bullying potential rivals or chasing guys away.

only 1 or 2 of the local gay saunas are located within the city as in accessible by BTS/MRT, taxi, tuktuk. 1 has closed down as well due to covid.

the rest are out in the suburbs, so while you have not been turned away, highly likely you were also not at a sauna for locals. 

no farangs, no china. i was smuggled in by 2 friends, just kept low profile, spoke thai so i could pass of as local. and inside only thai guys.

the PRCs who traipsed into Bangkok saunas are lower-grade bottoms. they also behave like the young punks, disturbing the peace.

you will not find hunky PRC tourists in the saunas. they have their pick of hot thai "friends" to entertain and bring them around.

the top grade PRC (in terms of both looks and spending power) will be kept out of the saunas for these "friends" to enjoy amongst themselves.

thai are nice and smiling, but sometimes also can be scheming when there are benefits to be gained.

strangely, i am familiar with that old-timey saying. however if i used it here, people would not get it at all!

"don't shit where you eat" fits the local context better haha! 

🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑

10 minutes ago, repressednerd said:

I can vouch for the 'Middle-Eastern' presence in the sauna in KL. I find them friendlier and more accommodating too.

they tend to go for smaller sized asians, smooth skin a turn on for them. you must be within the goldilocks zone haha, ive seen them be very hostile to those they do not fancy. and the top grade Arabs are tall, hairy (but waxed and groomed), built like bulls and chiseled out of stone. yum! 

🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑

1 hour ago, repressednerd said:

I can vouch for the 'Middle-Eastern' presence in the sauna in KL. I find them friendlier and more accommodating too.

I found more middle-easterners in Otot Otot.  My favorite saunas MandiManda and Kakiku had always a predominance of small friendly Asians, mostly Malay.

1 hour ago, tomcat said:

only 1 or 2 of the local gay saunas are located within the city as in accessible by BTS/MRT, taxi, tuktuk. 1 has closed down as well due to covid.

the rest are out in the suburbs, so while you have not been turned away, highly likely you were also not at a sauna for locals. 

I was lucky to find several saunas frequented mostly by locals, out of the tourist's paths.  For example: Farose II, DejaVu, Cruising, Paradise, Macho Sauna, 39 Underground.  I went to all of these by public transportation and by foot.  In some, I had to leave early before the BTS/MRT stopped working. 

14 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

I found more middle-easterners in Otot Otot.  My favorite saunas MandiManda and Kakiku had always a predominance of small friendly Asians, mostly Malay.

You haven't got things mixed up?

MM and Kakiku are known for being mainly Chinese.

Otot otot is the most mixed.

14 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

I was lucky to find several saunas frequented mostly by locals, out of the tourist's paths.  For example: Farose II, DejaVu, Cruising, Paradise, Macho Sauna, 39 Underground.  I went to all of these by public transportation and by foot.  In some, I had to leave early before the BTS/MRT stopped working. 

Been to a few u mention above. My friend, a thai brought me there with him. 

Guest 50 sauna 5 day Asia trip

19 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

When you were there 1980s?

How many weeks did you stay. Some people living in KL never manage going all this places...Asian tourist do 30 European country in 5 day, american gay turister do 50 gay sauna in 5 countries in 5 days. 🤣

Especially some years back, the Malay rarely visited gay saunas. it was 60% Chinese, 35% Indian, 5 % Malay. I think the guys you took for Middle Eastern were Bangla. Those years rarely Middle Eastern frequenting KL. Just past 8 years maybe had tons of Middle Eastern with all the budget airlines.

The one having a bit more Malay guy was the one near to Blue Boy club. Forgot the name, behind this Changkat food street area with the smelly dark streets around there. When the drag party over at that club, the boys change over to the sauna.

Guest differing sexperience
21 hours ago, repressednerd said:

Can't concur. I found most Middle East rude and no manners in KL. Often drunk. Plus, majority very fast cummers. Waste of time dating them.

One time my room sharing guy wanted bigger banana, ended up got rape by 3 Arab guys in KL. My weekend spoil had to console him.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 12/19/2018 at 7:31 PM, Guest Popular said:

Japan is nice..

5 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

I also had a good time in Tokyo's gay saunas.  I frequented two of the 24 Kaikan saunas,  in Shinjuku and Ueno, and found the guests friendly and attractive. 

Japan Sauna no question 

Taipei NOT bad 
HK one very eerie going down to the sauna 
BKK ok , 
shanghai, is a bath house 

1 hour ago, Guest Kaikan said:

Japan Sauna no question 

Taipei NOT bad 
HK one very eerie going down to the sauna 
BKK ok , 
shanghai, is a bath house 

I was never in Shanghai,  but I agree that Taipei is not bad,  and Bangkok is excellent.  I can say the same about HK, Kowloon, which together may have the largest number of gay saunas I have known, ha ha.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.