Male HQ

What Are Gays Most Worrying Problem about growing old? + Anxiety of growing old (compiled)

Guest guest

i will not plan who will take care of me when i am old. 

Expecting ppl to take care? seriously, can forget it.

I only plan to save more than 1 million when i am 55. and still continue to work until 65 at a slow pace. Mcdonald or KFC to kill time. Rather than to stay home and start thinking foolish stuff.

Trust me, money is very easy to spend. 1 mil can be used up within 3 years with poor planning.

A gay should start making as much gay friends as possible so when age grows older can still live together with other friendly gay friends if unable to find a gay partner. When living together we can take care of each other like a family.

5 hours ago, yoyo74 said:

A gay should start making as much gay friends as possible so when age grows older can still live together with other friendly gay friends if unable to find a gay partner. When living together we can take care of each other like a family.

If it serves a purpose. If it only brings more distractions and flings.. then can do without..:thumb:

Guest Lao uncle
5 hours ago, Garyl said:

If it serves a purpose. If it only brings more distractions and flings.. then can do without..:thumb:

At that age, you won't be interested in flings, lol.

If you can still be distracted down there, it's a good sign of good health. That should be a bonus instead of something to do without.

On 1/2/2019 at 8:14 AM, benedict5856 said:

i will not plan who will take care of me when i am old. 

Expecting ppl to take care? seriously, can forget it.

I only plan to save more than 1 million when i am 55. and still continue to work until 65 at a slow pace. Mcdonald or KFC to kill time. Rather than to stay home and start thinking foolish stuff.

Trust me, money is very easy to spend. 1 mil can be used up within 3 years with poor planning.

Work at slow pace while old ?  People needed fast service ....why would they bother to hire one with a slow pace ? 

9 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Work at slow pace while old ?  People needed fast service ....why would they bother to hire one with a slow pace ? 

because gahment say must work until age 67.

If I am able to take care of myself or have a partner who can take care of me, then I will depend on myself or my partner. Otherwise, I will check myself into a retirement or a nursing home.

On 1/7/2019 at 9:11 AM, Guest Guest said:

A work well done at a slow pace is far superior to a work done poorly at a fast pace.

On 1/8/2019 at 11:17 PM, Steve5380 said:

A work well done at a slow pace is far superior to a work done poorly at a fast pace.

It’s no wonder the queue is getting longer everywhere with slow tortoise service and business needed to be closed while machines take over 

Straight or gay single must really set aside a substantial sum of money to take care of himself when the time comes. Sg high cost of living and medical expenses, retirement/nursing/aged home cost a lot even if one chooses to stay in JB. All must plan way ahead for the inevitable.

On 1/7/2019 at 9:02 AM, Garyl said:

Its your choice if you want to be lonely or die without anyone even noticing you. Start open up and make more gay friends and plan to live together with trusted ones is the only way to avoid such situation.

1 hour ago, yoyo74 said:

Its your choice if you want to be lonely or die without anyone even noticing you. Start open up and make more gay friends and plan to live together with trusted ones is the only way to avoid such situation.

What is the problem with dying alone?  Sages have said:  we all die alone.  The process is introspective, private.  The person passing away disconnects from the world even if there are hundreds of people around him.  My wish is to be left to die in pace, hopefully with enough previous time to exchange the last words with everyone.  But one never knows...

We should make more friends not to avoid dying alone, but to LIVE with the benefits of fulfilling company.  Fulfilling, because company is not always such.  

And the last thing we should care about is to have people noticing us when we die.  Unless they can save us from dying!  :lol:

Ashes to ashes, dusts to dusts.

The police will take care after the neighbors inform.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

1 hour ago, bigdanbeam said:

No problem to die alone definitely. Just that after that need to trouble other people to clear you off

1 hour ago, fab said:

Ashes to ashes, dusts to dusts.

The police will take care after the neighbors inform.

LOL!  I agree that we don't need to concern ourselves at all with what happens on earth after our death.  Except maybe that our loved ones are not burdened.

4 hours ago, Dan 28 said:

Just stating the fact ....of slow service here ...

Slow service has nothing to do with age, it is individual attitude.  I have been served by youngster with extreme poor services also.

10 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

LOL!  I agree that we don't need to concern ourselves at all with what happens on earth after our death.  Except maybe that our loved ones are not burdened.

It also helps if you parents are long gone already , and u do not the burden of taking care of sickly old parents when you are sickly yourself, 

then an old gay has the liberty to do exactly what he desires, and go from one extreme end to another end.

1 hour ago, Guest guest said:

It also helps if you parents are long gone already , and u do not the burden of taking care of sickly old parents when you are sickly yourself, 

then an old gay has the liberty to do exactly what he desires, and go from one extreme end to another end.

Yes.  And we should try to stay healthy so that our parents can go first, and we save them the pain of seeing us go first. No one should have to live through the death of his child!

I guess all the sufferings we have to go through whether you are Gay or not. I come across lots of example of parents thrown to hospital just because they wanna go for a holiday. Can we blame them for that? I guess it is up to you to decide. 

Your responsibility become your burden. Taking care of your parents is your responsibility but if they become a burden such as taking care of them when are are bed bound. caregiver stress come in. garment are not doing enough to solve this problem. 

So i am actually saying, why get married and have children? Just have to stay healthy and be happy. That's all is needed. After you are dead, nothing really matters anymore. 

Guest Ageing_Gay

I often pondering should I worry or just deal with it when the time comes? The society nowadays have become more and more individualistic even in developing countries and prefer to be left alone.

When I was 15 years old, I knew my destiny already.  So it come as no surprised and I am no more concern.  What will come will come, like a Tsunami.  Nature take its course ,  human just have to accept it whether you like it or not.  Unless...unless you tell me you are God.

Guest Concerned uncle

Talk about old and alone here.

I remember that a member abang wrote about being alone when he was hospitalized. Now I notice that he's been missing from here for quite sometime. Is there anybody here who can check up if he's okay?

On 12/26/2018 at 7:05 PM, Guest Guest said:

Wat happen when a gay turn 80 ur old. Who have him to depend on.  My gay friend now trying to bribe his nephew  and niece hoping one day they can take care of him when he grow old.  U think it will happen. I suppose  the new generation have their own burden.They will just dump u at void deck or nursing home hoping the gov will look after u when u are sick. 

Do not worry. I believe by that time, there will be a new government in Singapore. Dr Chee, Pritam or Lim Tean will form the next government, all these men are talented but most importantly cares for Singaporeans. They will surely look after us Singaporeans when we are old.

Will take care of my own ass for as long as I can. If I do reach a point where I am unable to take care of myself. I would definitely opt for assisted suicide and then donate my body for medical students to use as cadaver for anatomy lesson. Or whatever organ that needs to be given to someone else.

9 minutes ago, Wafflecorn said:

Will take care of my own ass for as long as I can. If I do reach a point where I am unable to take care of myself. I would definitely opt for assisted suicide and then donate my body for medical students to use as cadaver for anatomy lesson. Or whatever organ that needs to be given to someone else.

Assisted suicide?

Seeiously, it’s time that out gahmen look into euthanasia for our country. 

3 hours ago, bluerunner said:

Assisted suicide?

Seeiously, it’s time that out gahmen look into euthanasia for our country. 

Yeap. With the appropriate assessments, prove that the decision is made based on a clear conscious  & the gillick's competency and an informed consent is made. I see no reason to why to not be allowed to go just like that. It is much more humane and ethical that way to allow a person a choice to go and to be free from suffering, rather then to prolong and needing to deal with a poor quality of life (finance, health, mobility, social and emotional health). With that being said, this is still a very grey topic with lots of room for discussion in terms or ethics and moral. 

Edited by Wafflecorn

Guest See how lah
2 hours ago, Larry said:

Not anything & everything rely on the Government. You yourself is to take care your own self, should it be financially, medically, personal mobility or self support.

Agree, but still need a good compassionate and citizens caring governement as backup support should the need arises.  We don't want a money-faced government who kept asking for more from its people even when citizens are self-sufficient.

15 hours ago, Larry said:

Not anything & everything rely on the Government. You yourself is to take care your own self, should it be financially, medically, personal mobility or self support.

Then why are we paying so much for this Government?

1 hour ago, Guest Fatty said:

Then why are we paying so much for this Government?

Who is paying ? You ,fatty.

Actually , only big businesses  are paying big taxes, corporations, GLc s are paying big taxes, individual Singaporeans are only  paying GST and only service tax when you dine in sit in restaurants, the taxes individuals pay are low compared to many countries, 

please dont make it sound  like you are paying a lot of taxes, most people do not make that much to be taxed in the high taxes category, 

If Singaporeans are paying taxes like the Brits , Canadians and Australians and French, then they have a right to demo and demand for welfare and welfarism,  but the case for Singapore is that they not, so no one in Singapore can demand welfare, because no one is paying the heavy taxes that can support universal welfare, 

So please dont make it sound like every  Singaporean is paying heavy taxes to the government, 

we have the CPF scheme where employee and employers contribute to a common fund, in Singapore, CPF can be used to fund your HDB purchase,

in overseas, superannuation cannot be used to buy property , only invested in approved investment funds, 

you dont know how many hongkongers, and UK , Ozzies are remarking that CPF can be used to fund HDB purchase, they only wish they could use their superannuation to buy property, okay.

There is a lot to be thankful, about in well run Singapore, 

and btw, what high income earners pay in taxes , per month , may be , even more than what you earn in a month, your monthly salary.

Quickly become plant fertiliser is the best solution, 

at least die still got contribution to the planet,  one less breathing person , one less carbon foot print, 

less consumption of worlds resources, 

this is our greatest  contribution to mankind.

2 hours ago, Guest guest said:

Quickly become plant fertiliser is the best solution, 

at least die still got contribution to the planet,  one less breathing person , one less carbon foot print, 

less consumption of worlds resources, 

this is our greatest  contribution to mankind.

Can still contribute purposefully while alive la..

5 hours ago, Larry said:

I disagree.

Cost of living in Singapore maybe rank top 3 in the world. 

To employ a maid to look after aged parents, there is a levy (about $350 monthly?). 

Right from baby milk powder to the coffin everyone need to use one day, anything & everything come with a GST.

There is this saying, you can die but don't fall sick (it means the medical bill is very high).

And then there is another saying, Singapore is a place that you work till the day you die (many of us may not have sufficient saving inclusive CPF despite having about 30 years of working life at age 65).

I heard you ever mentioned that you support oth your aged parents on your own , with your single income, am I correct, wow,

how do you do it ?

Do you have any extra help ?

5 hours ago, Larry said:

I disagree.

To employ a maid to look after aged parents, there is a levy (about $350 monthly?). 

Right from baby milk powder to the coffin everyone need to use one day, anything & everything come with a GST.

There is this saying, you can die but don't fall sick (it means the medical bill is very high).

And then there is another saying, Singapore is a place that you work till the day you die (many of us may not have sufficient saving inclusive CPF despite having about 30 years of working life at age 65).

There is a Cantonese saying , you have the time to pass away, but you cannot afford to fall sick.

得閒死唔得閒病

Tark harn sei, umm tark harn peng.

5 hours ago, Larry said:

I disagree.

Aiyo aunty, please do some research lah....if you emoloy maid to look after aged parents, there is a scheme where the levy is much much lesser...cost of living top 3 in the world? Lol...u live like an FT expat with expenses to high class luxury meh? Also...you say that say, can die but cannot fall sick....someone I know actually did not see the doctor because of that stupid saying..he end up being much worsr off....after illness got much worst, he was dragged to the hospital...the recovery took much longer time, much more agony and caused much trouble to others...end up, he do not need to pay a cent.

So please..educated your self 1st aunty. And dun listen to coffeeshop gossips.

Guest guest not the above Larry
54 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

Aiyo aunty, please do some research lah....if you emoloy maid to look after aged parents, there is a scheme where the levy is much much lesser...cost of living top 3 in the world? Lol...u live like an FT expat with expenses to high class luxury meh? Also...you say that say, can die but cannot fall sick....someone I know actually did not see the doctor because of that stupid saying..he end up being much worsr off....after illness got much worst, he was dragged to the hospital...the recovery took much longer time, much more agony and caused much trouble to others...end up, he do not need to pay a cent.

Oh no, sounds like you are trying to put Larry in his / her place, well you can expect Larry to put up a good fight, and come back kicking and screaming with facts and figures to rebut , what you said .

Come on Larry do your research and show Guest what defence you have. 

I'm on your side, i have confidence in your rebuttals.

On 1/18/2019 at 2:14 AM, Guest guest not the above Larry said:

Oh no, sounds like you are trying to put Larry in his / her place, well you can expect Larry to put up a good fight, and come back kicking and screaming with facts and figures to rebut , what you said .

Come on Larry do your research and show Guest what defence you have. 

I'm on your side, i have confidence in your rebuttals.

I don't think aunty Larry needs to reply to anyone (Guests).  Unless you are foreigners, Singapore medical bill is a well-known killer in Singapore. Even the previous Health Minister was asking Singaporeans to consider nursing in Johor or Batam to bring down personal cost of livings.  Those with elderly at home will know that the govt is quick to collect outstanding bills and even send interim billings before the patient is discharged from hospital, not to mention mail after mail of credit agencies to help the hospital chase/remind patients to pay up on time.   This is not a welfare country, healthcare is structured to cater for the rich and the poor has to foot through their own money (even when they have medishielf).    Medifund comes in only when the G is certain that you have problem surviving on 3 meals a day, than they will allow you to use medifund to fund your medical bills.   I was also told that certain rich and famous "people" were exempted from paying medical bills because they are rich and famous.  It is called "Goodwill".   The poor do not have such priviledges.

Guest Good Will Hunting
7 hours ago, Guest Ah Boy said:

I was also told that certain rich and famous "people" were exempted from paying medical bills because they are rich and famous.  It is called "Goodwill".   The poor do not have such priviledges.

Like $8 for complex surgeries?

21 hours ago, Guest Good Will Hunting said:

Like $8 for complex surgeries?

Yes, very dirty. The rich and famous pay lesser than the poor and they dare to say mean testing  benefit

only the poor.

29 minutes ago, Larry said:

Point #3, you mentioned that,

Also...you say that say, can die but cannot fall sick....someone I know actually did not see doctor because of that stupid saying..he ended up being much worsr (worse) off....after illness got much worst, he was dragged to the hospital...the recovery took much longer time, much more agony and caused much trouble to others...end up, he do not need to pay a cent.

Wows, just couldn't believe that your friend refused to seek treatment just because of prospective high billing, what’s a silly idiot.

And you & his other friends didn’t take the initiative to tell him not to worry on the cost, that you all were able to help, why? Such a sickening & sad situation.

And lastly, he got treated but didn’t have to pay a single cent, wows, hard to believe that all readers here really want to know what was his lobang?

Now let’s me answer to your question. First of all, the phrase that I used “you can die but don't fall sick (it means the medical bill is very high)” has no intention to discourage anyone not to seek treatment just because of high medical bill.

Don’t be a miser & loss your life, purely stupidity.

In fact, the government recognized the fact & allow us to use our CPF to pay for medical treatment done in Johor, Malaysia.

Point #4, you mentioned that,

My reply is don’t sit inside your tiny 4-walled, go out & listen, anywhere, any place inclusive coffee shop at anytime. The folks in the coffee shop may not be top notch academic excellent, but their comments can be truthful & honest.

事实胜于雄辩 Facts beat eloquence, even there were coffee talks done by the government feedback unit, don't you aware?

姐,小弟受教了 :thumb:

• G_M changed the title to What Are Gays Most Worrying Problem about growing old? + Anxiety of growing old (compiled)
  • G_M unlocked this topic
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.