Male HQ

What Are Gays Most Worrying Problem about growing old? + Anxiety of growing old (compiled)

Guest guest

2 minutes ago, Guest Karmacharmelion said:

Wow, just for calling someone childish is such a sin to you

How about calling someone who is already dying to be "childish' and "immature"? is that a sin to you? Because that's exactly what Steve did! 

3 minutes ago, Guest Karmacharmelion said:

You hit us old men exactly where we feared most, you are pure evil. I know who you are and you had been a troll since your days at sgboy.

At least you are alive to be hit where you fear most. How do you think the dying felt when he was called "childish" and "immature" when he asked queries? As for me being a "troll" during my "days at sgboy", sorry ... wrong guy for you. One word describe you: "boboshooter". 

10 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

How about calling someone who is already dying to be "childish' and "immature"? is that a sin to you? Because that's exactly what Steve did! 

At least you are alive to be hit where you fear most. How do you think the dying felt when he was called "childish" and "immature" when he asked queries? As for me being a "troll" during my "days at sgboy", sorry ... wrong guy for you. One word describe you: "boboshooter". 

This is one more time you show what a trash bag you are.  Nobody has seen abang's death certificate.  He simply stopped posting here for unknown reasons.  If he "was already dying" is purely your fabrication, to use in your evil trolling.  What an abomination !! to use the fabricated death of a member to bash another one !!

And what is wrong with calling the posts of someone "childish and immature", when they are indeed childish and immature?   You can call me "childish and immature" all you want,  and it won't make a dent in me, alive or dead. :) 

Your attempts to insult seniors here are as evil as they are stupid. You seem to personify a mixture of these two...

Calling me "dirty old man" makes me laugh, because I am not dirty.  And about old man,  I am PROUD of being an old man. 

This I want to remark again:  to be OLD should be a source of PRIDE,  to have been able to carry on a life that have allowed us to live into old age.  :thumb:

11 hours ago, Guest Karmacharmelion said:

Wow, just for calling someone childish is such a sin to you

then wishing someone to be eaten alive, you should go 28 levels of hell to be eaten alive 28 lives.

You hit us old men exactly where we feared most, you are pure evil. I know who you are and you had been a troll since your days at sgboy.

Who knows!  Maybe his life is already that what he will have at the 28th level down in hell.  This must be why he is so mean.   He was a troll at sgboy?  maybe he continued then at trevvy?  He reminds of a dark character there: "Jetguyz" or so?  :lol:

15 hours ago, Why? said:

Is there a need for a proper passing ceremony?  Why the hassle of wasting money and not just burn and dump ash into the sea to be liberated from any religious ritual.  I know some people are "pantang",  but why do gay people care?

I agree with you.  Dead bodies have no needs.  All the ceremonies, including the religious rituals,  are for the living who stay behind.  What is more respectful for a person who has died than to accept that he is gone from this life and therefore keep him alive in one's memory and possibly in one's heart?   All the stuff done with and around his dead body could be seen as... taking advantage of the dead!

Of course there are those who in good faith believe in these ceremonies, so they should be free to have them done.

8 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

Of course there are those who in good faith believe in these ceremonies, so they should be free to have them done.

Partly, the whole thing boils down to the rememberance of someone, by locking them up in a small vessel or underground box, for many generations to come until it became a distant image. In a more spiritual sense, releasing the ash into the ocean exudes a sense of freedom for the soul, by being able to return to nature, the mountain and the sea.  It helps save the limited land space, especially in Singapore.  So, I see no reason why Gay people should undergo the trouble of all the ritual thing.  Afterall, didn't gay people want to be eventually freed from this mundane & judgemental world?

Edited by Why?

• 7 months later...

You will worry whether your retirement CPF payout is enough to support you.

You will worry who can help me to change a ceiling bulb when it blows.

You will worry what happens if I slipped and fell inside the toilet.  Anyone is around to call the ambulance.

You will worry whether you can remember the way to come home...............

Don't read and response to guests' post

On 12/27/2019 at 2:14 PM, Guest Aging said:

A couple strand of grey hair on my brow is noticeable.  My neck showed turtleish wrinkles  when I swallowed food otherwise it is smooth.  No moisturiser can  save what I saw.  There were few darks spots on my hand.  I am scared.  I used  to look youthful until last year.  Now it seems aging started very fast.  Did i use the wrong  skin care products or having exposed under the sun for too long?  I hated aging.  I am not ready emotionally.  I wanted to look young and be accepted.  Heard too many old men being rejected everywhere and in every part of our society. Our society is not ready and unprepared for old age.   I don't want to be part of that group of old men.  I am depressed to think that my life is over and nothing can reverse my youth. We are all depreciating asset like our Hdb.

If you have emotional issues with aging then best seeks psychological help. Talk to a therapist. We all started aging the moment we were conceived and we eventually die. You’ll have a better life if you accept this either through self discovery or through the help of medical experts. Unrealistic expectations can only lead to a debilitating rest of your life instead of a fun and rewarding one. 

11 hours ago, Guest Let's be honest said:

The greatest worry is not having a partner.  Everything else is no longer important in old age. 

There are no warranties in life. Best be comfortable with yourself and be happy. Partners can leave you. Children can leave you. Your friends can leave you. Even if you have a partner; what happens if he dies before you?

Guest Fatty
12 hours ago, Guest Let's be honest said:

The greatest worry is not having a partner.  Everything else is no longer important in old age. 

How about no money?

Guest Spiritual magic

Is it true that we will never get old if we keep thinking we are young?  We can use our mind power to fool our body thereby rejuvenate our entire body system. Since animals do not have that super consciousness of mind like human, we can tap that advantage given to us.  

3 hours ago, Guest Spiritual magic said:

Is it true that we will never get old if we keep thinking we are young?  We can use our mind power to fool our body thereby rejuvenate our entire body system. Since animals do not have that super consciousness of mind like human, we can tap that advantage given to us.  

I also think like you that there is some "spiritual magic".  Except that it cannot do magic. 

We may try to use mind power to FOOL our body into rejuvenating itself.  But why should this work?

We SHOULD use our mind power to NOT SABOTAGE our bodies' rejuvenation efforts by thinking that we are declining due to age.   If we can stay healthy, any decline is very slow.  We should avoid the search for age declining to justify that we cannot do this-or-that anymore.    In life there are always good days and bad days.   A bad day can provoke a negative thought that it comes from age related decline.  We have to reject this thought and any other one age related.

You can think you are young all you want.

But your body WILL eventually remind you about it.

Ageing is a natural cycle of all life on earth. Inevitable. Unstoppable. Can't Bullshit. :P

Make Peace with that and instead help yourself land softly on that realization than come crashing without a parachute.

*damn, I am kinda proud of that last bit. :)

** Comments are my opinions, same as yours. It's not a 'Be-All-and-End-All' view. Intent's to thought-provoke, validate, reiterate and yes, even correct. Opinion to consider but agree to disagree. I don't enjoy conflicted exchanges, empty bravado or egoistical chest pounding. It's never personal, tribalistic or with malice. Frank by nature, means, I never bend the truth. Views are to broaden understanding - Updated: Nov 2021.

Guest Spiritual Magic
6 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

I also think like you that there is some "spiritual magic".  Except that it cannot do magic. 

We may try to use mind power to FOOL our body into rejuvenating itself.  But why should this work?

We SHOULD use our mind power to NOT SABOTAGE our bodies' rejuvenation efforts by thinking that we are declining due to age.   If we can stay healthy, any decline is very slow.  We should avoid the search for age declining to justify that we cannot do this-or-that anymore.    In life there are always good days and bad days.   A bad day can provoke a negative thought that it comes from age related decline.  We have to reject this thought and any other one age related.

I heard from a Tawainese master, who studied western medicine her entire life,  told her audience that it is possible to use MIND power to heal our body instead of relying on medication or chemical for all sorts of human ailments.  She ardently preached organic foods as one element and mind power as another and then combined the two, we can fully heal and rejuvenate our body into a non decaying and non aging stage.  Briefly, to fool our body through our own power.  She said human has power over our body, internally and externally.  Just like some insects, when they lost part of their body, they can self heal and grew back those missing parts.  I am not suggesting that you start chopping off your fingers. 

Let's say you have some internal organ problems, you use your mind power to meditate away those problems and bring your organs back to life.   The taiwanese master believed,  most of the time, it works.   No harm trying.  Tap the power of energy around us, go hug a tree to transfer its energy to your body, stand on a ground barefooted to let the earth energy flow from your feet to your crown and many many more free nature energies free for tap.   She said, nature out there existed, for us, for a reason. 

I would be lying if I said I am not anxious about aging. 

But it is a natural and inevitable process, and like many of you pointed out, it is best to accept it, make peace with it, and make the best of it.

Even in middle age, I still feel very lost. Hope old age will bring some kind of light and clarity. 

Guest Eaten
14 hours ago, Guest Spiritual magic said:

You seldom see old animals in the wild because they get eaten as soon as they get old and weak.

The few who can grow old are the male lions. As soon as they show signs of aging, a challenger will fight him and chase him out of his pride. 

But they are a sorry sight, slowly dying of starvation when too old to hunt.

That's the law of nature.

Luckily for humans, we can still eat well and use new medical knowledge when we get old. That's why the average lifespan is increasing so much that we have a population imbalance of too many old folks to feed and care for.

• G_M changed the title to What Are Gays Most Worrying Problem about growing old? + Anxiety of growing old (compiled)
  • G_M unlocked this topic
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.