Male HQ

Absurb gay conversion programme in Malaysia SCHOOL!!!

richrussell25

26 minutes ago, richrussell25 said:

This is a real thing. Some will probably say this is what should be done. But I think, the kids will just become better at hiding themselves. Like we are telling them that they are unacceptable in society. That their worth is connected to how 'manly' they should be.

104A5C06-2542-4913-B6F0-2376E1B633E0.jpeg

Be clear in what you are trying to say. 1st you said 'THIS IS real thing', than you said 'some will probably say THIS IS what should be done'. What thr fuck ie THIS IS????? 

What do you expect us in sg to do? You did not even state which country did THIS IS happened.

Please get a proper education.

56 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

Be clear in what you are trying to say. 1st you said 'THIS IS real thing', than you said 'some will probably say THIS IS what should be done'. What thr fuck ie THIS IS????? 

What do you expect us in sg to do? You did not even state which country did THIS IS happened.

Please get a proper education.

This is refering to the scenario, the “gay conversion program” as in the picture. It’s happening in Malaysia, since it was written in Malay. Sg don’t have to do anything I guess, I just want to open up a discussion pertaining to this matter. 

P/s My appology if I might be less educated. But, your statement, does it reflect you are properly educated? No offense.

2 hours ago, richrussell25 said:

This is a real thing. Some will probably say this is what should be done. But I think, the kids will just become better at hiding themselves. Like we are telling them that they are unacceptable in society. That their worth is connected to how 'manly' they should be.

Thank you for bringing awareness of this abominable practice.  I had no idea that Malaysia is so homophobic, since I saw some good tolerance of gays in KL.

Now that I look it up, I find plenty of information about this subject, like:

https://says.com/my/news/here-s-how-malaysia-cures-lgbts-with-conversion-therapy

https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-out/malaysian-university-holds-contest-convert-gay-students-n861971

This second article refers to a UNIVERSITY,  allegedly a place of higher education!  Is this Islamic country so fukked up now?

But my country the US is not so much better.  Only in 17 states out of the 50 is conversion therapy outlawed!   Shame!

7 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

Thank you for bringing awareness of this abominable practice.  I had no idea that Malaysia is so homophobic, since I saw some good tolerance of gays in KL.

Now that I look it up, I find plenty of information about this subject, like:

https://says.com/my/news/here-s-how-malaysia-cures-lgbts-with-conversion-therapy

https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-out/malaysian-university-holds-contest-convert-gay-students-n861971

This second article refers to a UNIVERSITY,  allegedly a place of higher education!  Is this Islamic country so fukked up now?

But my country the US is not so much better.  Only in 17 states out of the 50 is conversion therapy outlawed!   Shame!

In KL also some part of Malaysia generally good tolerance of gays. Due to this tolerance, might the reason why now they targeting the educational institutions to promote their gay coversion agenda (especially the Islamic religious).

Thanks for researching on the informations above, I know there a lot of news out there on what’s happening recently in Malaysia. It helps to give a clear evidences to our audiences here. The pic that I have posted was happened in 2017, not really long time ago. From the source that I get, this programme was in one of the all-boys school in Sabah, Malaysia.

Some of the concern (pointed out by one my female friend)  is now more and more ‘men in the blanket’ which means men that are married (in Malaysian context is marriage between men and women) but having affairs with another guys. This conversion therapy just teaching them to hide themselves in the closet.

Just one thought from a friend of mine.

• HendryTan changed the title to Absurb gay conversion programme in Malaysia SCHOOL!!!
Guest disclosed yourself
13 hours ago, richrussell25 said:

Hi. threadstarter can you change the title to "Absurd".

I can't absorb it further..

thanks

“He manu ka motu i te mahanga e kore e taea te whai.”

9 hours ago, Guest disclosed yourself said:

Hi. threadstarter can you change the title to "Absurd".

I can't absorb it further..

thanks

“He manu ka motu i te mahanga e kore e taea te whai.

Sorry for the typo. I’m not sure whether it’s possible to change the typo

Guest disclosed yourself
3 minutes ago, richrussell25 said:

Sorry for the typo. I’m not sure whether it’s possible to change the typo

I think you can edit it as you are a member. if not just write to the moderator. they will do...

Karanga kai, ka kapa Paeko!

On 2/10/2019 at 1:06 AM, richrussell25 said:

First off, your English is fine. Not the best but generally understandable. Your first language is something else. Don't feel so bad. All these 'guests' criticizing you instead of actually talking about the topic in hand can honestly fuck off. It's very irritating.

That being said, as a Malaysian, let me give you guys a little bit of context instead of seeing this and thinking as though this is the norm.

Yes, it's true. There are places/education institutions that are like these. Most of them are Islamic entities but I believe I have heard some of which are Christians as well.

There aren't a lot of these places. Only a handful in our country.

Is this good? No. This should be no surprise since homosexuality isn't sanctioned in the eyes of the law here - it is only tolerated culturally, mostly in the cities and towns.

Institutions like these probably will continue do have these 'therapies' so as long as the law stays the same.

I doubt it will change any time soon since our country doesn't even have racial equality yet. We're changing, but extremely slowly.

Being gay here in Malaysia is honestly no big deal if you live in the city. You'll be able to find gay people easily here and there, and you'll live a relatively normal life.

Most of the acceptance and tolerance of homosexuality stem mainly from the Gen Y group. They are mainly the educated/Western influenced group. I believe that's why you don't see a lot of changes yet. Most of the people with (both non-political and) political power in our country are still the Gen Jones/X group.

I would honestly say being gay here is more or less the same as Singapore except you guys have more diversity (being more developed and having more people from all over the world in your country) and it's also somehow slightly sleazier there.

Malaysia is very safe so as long as you follow the law. You can be very flamboyant here and usually the most you'll get are stares - and even then, I'm talking about the loud flashy people.

If you are campy or discreet, you don't have anything to worry about at all. That's all normal here now with the rise of metrosexuality.

My advice if you are truly wary: As a non Malaysian, the only places you should visit here are either your relatives' places or tourist spots (e.g. KL, Penang, Ipoh, Melaka, Sabah/Sarawak cities, Genting Highlands, etc.). You are generally safe in these areas since it's more developed. The people are more open and tolerant if you're weird.

If you are planning to come to Malaysia thinking it's a gay destination spot: No. A lot of our clubs and bars have closed down recently so it's quite tame nowadays. Everything is extra down low here, period, that even I'm not entirely sure where's the "in" place for gay people to hang now after hours.

I will tell you what I have always told people when they ask me about Malaysia:

Come to Malaysia for the food, people, and culture. Go to neighbouring countries if you want debauchery.

2 hours ago, iwannac said:

First off, your English is fine. Not the best but generally understandable. Your first language is something else. Don't feel so bad. All these 'guests' criticizing you instead of actually talking about the topic in hand can honestly fuck off. It's very irritating.

That being said, as a Malaysian, let me give you guys a little bit of context instead of seeing this and thinking as though this is the norm.

Yes, it's true. There are places/education institutions that are like these. Most of them are Islamic entities but I believe I have heard some of which are Christians as well.

Is this good? No. This should be no surprise since homosexuality isn't sanctioned in the eyes of the law here - it is only tolerated culturally, mostly in the cities and towns.

Institutions like these probably will continue do have these 'therapies' so as long as the law stays the same.

I doubt it will change any time soon since our country doesn't even have racial equality yet. We're changing, but extremely slowly.

Being gay here in Malaysia is honestly no big deal if you live in the city. You'll be able to find gay people easily here and there, and you'll live a relatively normal life.

Most of the acceptance and tolerance of homosexuality stem mainly from the Gen Y group. They are mainly the educated/Western influenced group. I believe that's why you don't see a lot of changes yet. Most of the people with (both non-political and) political power in our country are still the Gen Jones/X group.

I would honestly say being gay here is more or less the same as Singapore except you guys have more diversity (being more developed and having more people from all over the world in your country) and it's also somehow slightly sleazier there.

Malaysia is very safe so as long as you follow the law. You can be very flamboyant here and usually the most you'll get are stares - and even then, I'm talking about the loud flashy people.

If you are campy or discreet, you don't have anything to worry about at all. That's all normal here now with the rise of metrosexuality.

My advice if you are truly wary: As a non Malaysian, the only places you should visit here are either your relatives' places or tourist spots (e.g. KL, Penang, Ipoh, Melaka, Sabah/Sarawak cities, Genting Highlands, etc.). You are generally safe in these areas since it's more developed. The people are more open and tolerant if you're weird.

If you are planning to come to Malaysia thinking it's a gay destination spot: No. A lot of our clubs and bars have closed down recently so it's quite tame nowadays. Everything is extra down low here, period, that even I'm not entirely sure where's the "in" place for gay people to hang now after hours.

Come to Malaysia for the food, people, and culture. Go to neighbouring countries if you want debauchery.

you need to be specific about neighbouring countries and debauchery, all the green countries cannot lah,  

only the yellow and saffron robes countries and the red dot.right.

Guest encounters
4 hours ago, iwannac said:

Different experiences.

I m an expat. I travel very often to Malaysia for work.

I might not be the "flashy" one (ha ha first time I read that word) but I have been with boys very much younger than me at restaurants or coffee outlets. Most people would not even bother. It might be different if you walk with a younger boy (20s n above, so don't get me wrong) on Bukit Bintang or jointly into a hotel. People will look. surprisingly, people will always look at the local boy and not at me.

I think Malaysians are quite innocent on that (in not thinking what you think they might think of you), sitting in a restaurant with a younger Malay boy for example. it happened that other Malays (men in middle to older age) were curious and asked me whether I am a lecturer or teacher. Just be a bit more on the professional looks if you go out and not too leisurely and just avoid being touchy. Yes, sometimes a waiter might look but you wouldn't be sure whether he looks at you because he's jealous (ha ha) on the local boy, but given that there is no outright nasty reaction to you or even a waiter refusing to serve you or an owner asking you out of the place. 

You would probably not believe that on some occasions I stayed at kampongs in local houses as I was invited. I m not sure what the boys told their parents, I even sat at the living room on the floor with a sarong and all ate together. Yes often I get the question whether I am married and so on. But this is very common. Most taxi drivers would ask too and how many children I have. Nowadays, I would probably tell them something...

On one hotel at Bukit Bintang I had a bad experience. But the security was staffed by Nepalese, (but I don't blame them here now). I had some visitors to my room on different timings. One boy in his mid 20s waited for me at the 3rd floor which had an entrance to the car park of the hotel. The security came over while I was on my way down to pick him up. As the lifts were stuck and slow it took me some time to get down. The security asked the boy why he was waiting there and probably he said that he is waiting for a hotel guest.

I came down, then the Nepalese security guy moved away as I m an expat, but still looked on and did not move away.

You would not believe it that after that, the hotel moved one security officer in front of my room on the corridor. I had a corner room which had a little path to the door.

The mid 20s boy did not look like a criminal.

I felt like a potential terrorist being targeted like that and made a call to the hotel reception and asked for what reason a security person is placed next to my room and after they did not give any real response I said that this is violating my privacy and if there is any reason for me being supervised by a security officer in front of my room.

Hotel staff was "cruising" my room the coming days.

In a different hotel, a busybody Indian hotel Manager (the Indian is just for description purposes) started always going into the lift, when I was downstairs and met with a local boy. He must have watched me that I took some guys up to my room. The next time I saw him, I spoke to him and said that we are doing a pre-listing for recruiting someone for a commercial and the brand is a European brand. After that he left me alone. But it was very obvious and he must have watched the lifts or cameras from the security room and saw that I picked up local guys. However, they never interferred into my room or even tried to get into the room when a guy was inside under any purpose.

From my experience such incidents seem more to happen at the lower 4 star hotels.

I would not limit myself to big cities in Malaysia. Even for two local guys as long as you don't walk hand in hand or kiss in public I don't think there is any problem if you just behave decently. In one of the more rural areas I had a project and was there at a small hotel. It was nothing difficult to meet a guy. At my favourite restaurant nearby I was with different guys, all vastly younger than me, but there was never any issue that I got strange looks or that the staff was unfriendly on other times. They were happier that I came back again.

In my eyes all boils down on how you behave.

Sometimes it might be even advised not to cause any suspicion and to walk in separately into a hotel lobby, just to protect the local guy.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Let's be honest Malaysia was never a country where homosexuality was obvious in public (compared to Europe, South America or US), guys wouldn't hold hands at a coffee shop or sit together caressing or touching each other.

And as for the night scene. Let's be honest again: Even in KL , pure gay clubs or bars were always limited, mostly you met on straight clubs or those straight clubs had certain days with more gay visitors.

However, the past years, you saw local guys walking holding hands through Pavillion or on Bukit Bintang, for sure in a very religiously built up society this would cause reactions.

The conflict will come anyway.

The only real think that would help in my eyes is if more Malaysian guys are out to their parents. Most like this started in the Western societies too. Which mother will start hating her child even if he is gay? But more mothers would defend their child against bully and stupid initiatives, even if she has problems with his sexual orientation.

In the long run I personally think that more guys would come out. The younger generation will not accept that others tell them on how to run their lives. And this will apply to gays too.

The conservatives have lost the battle, unless a very Islamic political party gains a vast majority in the whole part of Malaysia. But I don't think (Malay) Malaysians even want this to happen.

And for sure to provoke will not achieve anything: Meaning behaving very obviously gay in rural Malaysia.

The rural Areas in Europe or US are more conservative thinking too, and I m very sure in a small town in Europe as in the US you would receive stares if you walk openly hand in hand with a guy through the roads...

They can run those stupid programs with kids, but will they achieve to keep boys from being gays? Don't we know the answer?

Even if I don't like it but in particular for the Malay and Indian communities in Malaysia, being gay but still marrying is quite common. But in my personal opinion even this will decrease in coming years.

Sad but true. Many Malaysian muslims do not tolerate diversity.

From my personal point of view, I can see that there are more muslims embracing diversity (at least among my muslim friends); meanwhile the conservative ones are also being more aggressively against diversity. The gap will getting further apart and I see no way of closing it, at least not in the coming 10 years.

Guest encounters
11 hours ago, wilfgene said:

The working life now is 

女生当男生操

男生当畜生使

The sex life is the other way around.

Just consider yourself a human first and foremost.

Les you deliberately forget the THREE NO SURRENDERS.

Sorry, but somehow I fail to understand the point you want to make....

Guest encounters
On 2/11/2019 at 5:30 PM, KizMyAzz said:

Sad but true. Many Malaysian muslims do not tolerate diversity.

From my personal point of view, I can see that there are more muslims embracing diversity (at least among my muslim friends); meanwhile the conservative ones are also being more aggressively against diversity. The gap will getting further apart and I see no way of closing it, at least not in the coming 10 years.

But this is something we see in many countries at the moment. I think it is linked to the erosion of values in general. Plus in times of great uncertainty people seek their

Fundamental religious groups are exploiting the situation by shouting loud to keep up the mores and many people will listen and in the worst follow.

This is not even for Muslim countries but as well in Europe and US. Fundamental religious Christian groups are very vocal.

People feel insecure, stupidly they run to the ones who shout the loudest instead of using their brain or to see that such groups are just making things up (and in many cases just are looking to have followers and funds).

What I see negatively is, that nowadays the media jumps on every stupidity to make it into the big news and even helps to get those fundamentalists their voices out bey reporting about them.

You can easily see this how fast some news runs around.

But in the long term, I think the diversity will be just there. It is not to be stopped.

The problem just that (not only) Malaysia has that it is not built as a 100% secular country.

3 hours ago, Guest encounters said:

But this is something we see in many countries at the moment. I think it is linked to the erosion of values in general. Plus in times of great uncertainty people seek their

Fundamental religious groups are exploiting the situation by shouting loud to keep up the mores and many people will listen and in the worst follow.

This is not even for Muslim countries but as well in Europe and US. Fundamental religious Christian groups are very vocal.

People feel insecure, stupidly they run to the ones who shout the loudest instead of using their brain or to see that such groups are just making things up (and in many cases just are looking to have followers and funds).

What I see negatively is, that nowadays the media jumps on every stupidity to make it into the big news and even helps to get those fundamentalists their voices out bey reporting about them.

You can easily see this how fast some news runs around.

But in the long term, I think the diversity will be just there. It is not to be stopped.

The problem just that (not only) Malaysia has that it is not built as a 100% secular country.

I kind of guess so for EU and US, but I wasn't following the community news in these regions so I didn't want to comment much.

Thanks for sharing the insights.

Agree that diversity will be there, but the wide acceptance of it won't come as soon as we hope it would.

It's a long fight for us.

10 hours ago, KizMyAzz said:

I kind of guess so for EU and US, but I wasn't following the community news in these regions so I didn't want to comment much.

Thanks for sharing the insights.

Agree that diversity will be there, but the wide acceptance of it won't come as soon as we hope it would.

It's a long fight for us.

Tahan or terima?

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.