Male HQ

How do you move on from a breakup?

Guest Lawrence

Find a trusted friend (doesn't matter if gay or straight) to talk about it 

You’re not alone. If you’d like to speak to someone, help is available at the following centres:

Samaritans of Singapore (SOS) 24-hour Hotline: 1800 221 4444 or pat@sos.org.sg.
Institute of Mental Health’s 24-hour Hotline: 6389 2222
Care Corner Counselling Centre (English and Mandarin): 6353 1180
Singapore Association for Mental Health: 1800 283 7019

Guest Jonas
7 minutes ago, Guest Lawrence said:

My bf and I has just broken up and I want to move on quickly. Any advice?

Don't pick up any of his call. He might be calling because he is drunk and alone. Don't let him in of he tries to visit. You'll have to kick him out again.

You can find ways to distract yourself from thinking too much about him and your expired relationship. It will take time. It is ok to grieve over the loss of the relationship and missing him. You can ask yourself why over and over, and run "if only" scenarios through your head repeatedly, but you will come no closer to an answer that will satisfy you. 

Edited by doncoin

Love. 

You move on when you don't try too hard to move on.

Grieve when you come back to it, but find things to carry on in life meanwhile. Continue to meet people, do your work, walk, read books. It gets better over time, from experiencing waves of emotion to maybe little ripples, although anniversaries can be harder.

Edited by PlayersGroup

On 4/10/2021 at 12:32 AM, Guest Lawrence said:

My bf and I has just broken up and I want to move on quickly. Any advice?

If you guys have been together for some time doing almost everything together it will take time. Even if you were the one who initiated the breakup for whatever reasons it may still take time. 

When mine happened I just wanted to be away from crowds so went often to quiet beach areas. The wind, sound of waves and frolicking in the sea did give me some solace. And of course any cruisers that approached me at that vulnerable time would be quite successful. But do be aware of the effects after hook ups. At times felt elated but sometimes felt more sad and empty.

I spent more time too with family and friends who cared. That helped most.

Rest assured time would heal. 

Edited by yuquidam

mourn the loss. feel the heartache. feel all the feelings. don’t bury them or cast them aside. take time. give yourself all the space you need. however, remember not to isolate yourself completely from your friends and loved ones. 

when you’re ready, talk to someone you love about it. personally, i find that really helpful. talking it out. verbalising things. it helps me process my feelings and in a way, gets it out of the system.

as cliche as it sounds, practice self love. take yourself out. treat yourself to good food. go places you love. do things you enjoy. meet new folks. 

eventually, you’ll be ready to love again. 

Edited by ohwells

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.