Male HQ

Nicer chest shape

milky_boi

• 1 month later...
On 2/8/2022 at 8:49 PM, Kbell said:

Do lots of bodyweight dips. Best is if you use gymnastic rings hung from a chin up bar. It's alot more difficult but the instability forces you to put constant tension on the chest when you do the dips.

i will add bodyweight dips in my sets. had to google what's bodyweight dips haha.. thanks!

gymnastic rings hung from a chin up bar... i don't have a chin up bar at home, probably when i get fitter then i will go and purchase one

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/3/2022 at 11:02 PM, milky_boi said:

hey @earth_tone 

thank you for the video. have been doing it for a month exactly now... 

well, great progress

can see that my chest got wider, hence the nipple doesn't look that drippy anymore. still need to work on the side tho :) 

photo6332156519302409915.jpg

congrats

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/8/2022 at 12:16 PM, milky_boi said:

well, two month update... 

haha going great, look more define now, shape nicer too 

moving on to arm strength and size while building a bigger chest 

photo6140783080219192869.thumb.jpg.338a2454d102ee2e96c7ecdc4aa8dfb2.jpg

wow looks more defined now.👍

On 3/8/2022 at 10:40 PM, Guest Bop said:

Lol look like shit 

maybe you show yours? and dont hide as guest😏

Will you be my valentine's? :D

Guest Fitness

Great improvement! Have you just been following the workouts in the videos? I have a similar issue as you and I want to remedy it too haha

Good progress. Can see you have the discipline to stick to routines. 

if you intend to stick to home workout, I suggest you do push ups of various positions (can Google) for them to target different part of your chests.

If you are using dumbbells at home you would need a bench or least a flat raised platform to do dumbbell press.

Been asking a lot of my friends who gym on how they managed to achieve a defined chest. Most of them will tell you all it takes is push ups daily and the usual chest workout weekly. Envious I gotta say.

Unfortunately, my eye condition prevents me from ever attempting to do pushups and I'm sadly restricted to your run of the mill chest press via dumbbells. Even barbells are off limits to me. This also means my pecs take a longer time develop its shape too. The upside to that is I have a more developed lower body, which my ex personal trainer has attributed to my athletic lower body constitution. 

On 3/17/2022 at 10:42 AM, notd said:

Been asking a lot of my friends who gym on how they managed to achieve a defined chest. Most of them will tell you all it takes is push ups daily and the usual chest workout weekly. Envious I gotta say.

Unfortunately, my eye condition prevents me from ever attempting to do pushups and I'm sadly restricted to your run of the mill chest press via dumbbells. Even barbells are off limits to me. This also means my pecs take a longer time develop its shape too. The upside to that is I have a more developed lower body, which my ex personal trainer has attributed to my athletic lower body constitution. 

Nonetheless you have a nice height and sexy BMI of 22. :)

PS: Sorry to hear of your eye condition. Hope it would improve soon.

Edited by yuquidam

Noticeably much more defined and firm.

Good job for a disciplined routine.

VERY NICE!

Edited by yuquidam

On 3/17/2022 at 11:04 AM, yuquidam said:

Nonetheless you have a nice height and sexy BMI of 22. :)

PS: Sorry to hear of your eye condition. Hope it would improve soon.

Ahahaha. You're always trying to flatter me. Unfortunately, my ophthalmic condition is lifelong and genetic in nature. 

I've asked some of my friends on doing pushups about looking ahead instead of downwards, which might remedy the ocular issue. But there's the concern of movement restriction as you can't monitor your movements. 

On 3/17/2022 at 11:10 AM, notd said:

Ahahaha. You're always trying to flatter me. Unfortunately, my ophthalmic condition is lifelong and genetic in nature. 

I've asked some of my friends on doing pushups about looking ahead instead of downwards, which might remedy the ocular issue. But there's the concern of movement restriction as you can't monitor your movements. 

Not flattering. Just a honest feedback. :)

Agree that eye health is a top priority. Let's not take any unnecessary risk ya.

Edited by yuquidam

On 3/17/2022 at 11:10 AM, notd said:

You can try doing recline push-ups in that case, i.e. elevate your upper body and putting your legs on the ground. Though it may not be as demanding as the other direction, you can compensate by doing more reps and varying the width of your arms. 

On 3/17/2022 at 11:46 AM, ReubenH said:

You can try doing recline push-ups in that case, i.e. elevate your upper body and putting your legs on the ground. Though it may not be as demanding as the other direction, you can compensate by doing more reps and varying the width of your arms. 

By recline push ups, do you mean incline? I.e allowing your body to lean on a solid surface as you look upwards?

On 3/17/2022 at 11:55 AM, notd said:

By recline push ups, do you mean incline? I.e allowing your body to lean on a solid surface as you look upwards?

Yes, sorry it should be incline. Just sharing my own experience. Sometimes when I get too sore from doing standard and recline push-ups, I realised incline push-ups also helps. Just need to watch your back and not arch when doing. 

On 3/17/2022 at 12:02 PM, ReubenH said:

Yes, sorry it should be incline. Just sharing my own experience. Sometimes when I get too sore from doing standard and recline push-ups, I realised incline push-ups also helps. Just need to watch your back and not arch when doing. 

Awesome! Thanks for the tip. This might just be the alternative I need to go back to doing push ups again. Although, how hard do you reckon the surface needs to be? Considering you're placing your entire body weight onto the surface, I imagine doing incline push ups on your average tables or couches might not be ideal?

On 3/17/2022 at 12:12 PM, greg01greg said:

My late father would cane me whenever I messed things up. Life is never fair he told me.

I am straightforward, I don't mess around, I tell it how it is but others see me as rude, full of attitude with angst. 

I end up being the bad guy for telling ppl off because some ppl need to hear the truth. 

But don't you think you're being selfish because you think it's all about you and protecting your feelings. 

At some point someone will tell you that you need to wake up and the training wheels need to go.

If you're an adult, you engage yourself in an adult situation, someone cannot be explaining to you like you're a 3yo.

Honesty is the best policy or it's just better not say anything?

On 3/17/2022 at 10:42 AM, notd said:

you could also look at cable exercises and machines for chest, there are a lot of variations that can be done - cable flyes for one. 

for incline push ups, use something solid/heavy or fixed to the ground or pushed against the wall. It needs to stay in place when you lean on it. Try varying the height of whatever you are using and seeing how low you can go. I use the edge of a bench or machine or even the base of the treadmill. 

oh, and I have never heard of a recline push up… maybe he meant decline?

On 3/17/2022 at 2:30 PM, Guest Wtf said:

you could also look at cable exercises and machines for chest, there are a lot of variations that can be done - cable flyes for one. 

for incline push ups, use something solid/heavy or fixed to the ground or pushed against the wall. It needs to stay in place when you lean on it. Try varying the height of whatever you are using and seeing how low you can go. I use the edge of a bench or machine or even the base of the treadmill. 

oh, and I have never heard of a recline push up… maybe he meant decline?

Incline as @ReubenH later corrected.

And yes, I've used the average cable and machines for chest. My inability to develop very chiseled, defined pecs stems from an old injury I suffer from the left shoulder. This has caused my performance to falter on days when I'm not feeling confident. This also means I spend the first 3 months conditioning before I can start training seriously. At some point, you just burn out on all these workouts because all you've taught over and over again is to go heavy or go home, a misconception I later corrected in my fitness journey. The other part is really just the lack of a shape on my chest area. 

It's a shame. I wish I could swim and do breast strokes instead, that may have sped up the chest muscle building progress. I am sadly, not a swimmer and am afraid of water. 

Perhaps when the cases in KL have died down, I may consider contracting a PT to train me on chest muscle building again, see what goes well with my ophthalmic condition.

On 3/17/2022 at 3:34 PM, notd said:

Incline as @ReubenH later corrected.

And yes, I've used the average cable and machines for chest. My inability to develop very chiseled, defined pecs stems from an old injury I suffer from the left shoulder. This has caused my performance to falter on days when I'm not feeling confident. This also means I spend the first 3 months conditioning before I can start training seriously. At some point, you just burn out on all these workouts because all you've taught over and over again is to go heavy or go home, a misconception I later corrected in my fitness journey. The other part is really just the lack of a shape on my chest area. 

It's a shame. I wish I could swim and do breast strokes instead, that may have sped up the chest muscle building progress. I am sadly, not a swimmer and am afraid of water. 

Perhaps when the cases in KL have died down, I may consider contracting a PT to train me on chest muscle building again, see what goes well with my ophthalmic condition.

yes, it sounds like you would benefit from training with an experienced trainer who can work around injuries etc. Also, don’t obsess over one part, try to have a well balanced body - big pecs are nice but not every guy gets them; look at someone like Simu Liu, he must have trained incredibly hard to get in shape for his movie but his chest is still nowhere near what you would call big. And he looks great overall! 

On 3/17/2022 at 12:26 PM, notd said:

Awesome! Thanks for the tip. This might just be the alternative I need to go back to doing push ups again. Although, how hard do you reckon the surface needs to be? Considering you're placing your entire body weight onto the surface, I imagine doing incline push ups on your average tables or couches might not be ideal?

Yeah, I would usually do them at park benches fixed to the ground or Low pull-up bars at exercise corners. 

Just a gentle reminder. Do not focused too much on just the 'frontal'. Do train the opposite (back, especially the middle back rhomboids, middles traps, and also your lower trapezius) as well. When you do too much exercises focusing the chest, and not compensating for your back, you will develop shoulder issues due to imbalance. 

• 1 month later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.