Male HQ

What's the hype over spin classes? I don't understand

Guest whywhy

Yes, there is a hype over spin classes,  and not only by gays.  

It is a good guided cardio exercise.  For people who like to be guided, and don't have the inclination to work out by themselves.   It is a 'hype'  because its benefits are overblown beyond regular exercise, which is not the case.  Traditional exercise can achieve the same benefits, it just requires the discipline to do it oneself without a "motivator".  

If spinning is healthy, but not if overdone like a daily spin, it does not replace weight lifting.  Often spinning is advertised as a good weight loss practice,  but nothing beats GOOD NUTRITION to bring down any excess fat.

On 5/4/2022 at 9:44 AM, doncoin said:

You get to check out every guy's butt from the back in class. Also, guys who spin tend to have perkier butts due as spinning/biking works the glutes. 🍑

Definitely, spinning produces better butts than sitting on a couch.

Haha for me barbell squats... dumbbell lunges...etc..is way better. Nice view if lucky they let you touch..spotting hehe VA is the best to far...of so many...the mirror is just in front of you front and back...so nice...

But I must say spin class can really burn your fats and even lose weight. 

On 5/4/2022 at 11:09 AM, BudakFit said:

Haha for me barbell squats... dumbbell lunges...etc..is way better.

I agree.  Barbell squats, even on a Smith rack,  and dumbbell lunges are excellent.  Leg presses are not too far behind.

• 4 months later...
On 5/5/2022 at 12:09 AM, BudakFit said:

Haha for me barbell squats...

I luv tat feel when e trainer supported me fr behind when I m pushing myself standing up. I felt his bulge on my butt. I dunno if he was accidentally or purposely but really a motivation. ☺️

On 9/25/2022 at 8:57 AM, singingbaker said:

Lost 6kg in 3 months doing spin without changing my diet 😂 plus got more toned 

Would you have achieve the same results with jogging?

Swimming the best sports as it exercises as well as massage the whole body ~ period.

You usually see those artistic videos with Japanese Youth photoshoot those usually super fit and nice sexy sexy bodies are the swimmers.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 2/20/2023 at 3:35 AM, bigbuttboy said:

any tops usually go for spin classes?

Aren't they all tops,  sitting on top of their spin bikes?

On 9/27/2022 at 6:27 AM, bodybuildMLY said:

Spinning is a very good cardio that can really improve your stamina as it can be very high intensity. I do own one spin bike and use it at least once a week instead of running.

Spin classes are done in groups hence the motivation factor is very high. So you get motivated while improving your stamina at a higher level

You are right.  I used to spend 20 minutes on a stationary bike in the gym twice a week pedaling hard.  Now on the same bike and same time I alternate between one minute at high speed followed by one minute of rest, pedaling the minimum.  This interval training is supposed to be one of the best aerobic exercises.  This by itself should be the best motivation.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.