Male HQ

Nus / Ntu (Compiled)

Guest zach.c84

Haha, then you gotta find someone with single rooms. Or stays in non-competitive residences like PGP, etc.

Nope I've got no place thats why I am seeking someone in the halls/residences. 

Guest zach.c84

If you've not stayed in hall before, just apply lo.

I believe first timers get priority.

Else, i know some ppl rent out their rooms. haha!

But PGP quite ulu.

There's one near RH and and another opposite field. Those arent competitive. Mostly single room I think.

How do I go about applying for PGP? 

Application's over. You might wanna try RC4 instead; the block comm vp told me even though they're shifting the entire yale in, they have more than 30% of the rooms unoccupied still.

for residences like PGP, KF, RVR, you apply them through the residence-hall admission scheme. typically called for during hostel joint admission scheme. slots are given out purely / mostly to the CCAs, including your faculty/major's student societies. each cca will have a number of rooms allocated, and it is up to the cca's exco to decide how they wanna put up the nominations. some societies call for applications from their members and allocate the rooms base on merit system, while some cca simply divide the lots amongst the excos. 

---

Dignity is a facade we wear to hide our ignorance.

Application's over. You might wanna try RC4 instead; the block comm vp told me even though they're shifting the entire yale in, they have more than 30% of the rooms unoccupied still.

for residences like PGP, KF, RVR, you apply them through the residence-hall admission scheme. typically called for during hostel joint admission scheme. slots are given out purely / mostly to the CCAs, including your faculty/major's student societies. each cca will have a number of rooms allocated, and it is up to the cca's exco to decide how they wanna put up the nominations. some societies call for applications from their members and allocate the rooms base on merit system, while some cca simply divide the lots amongst the excos. 

What's RC4? 

What's RC4? 

residential college 4, which they havent had a proper name for. it's gonna house the new nus-yale.

Residence College in UTown... Quite ex i think cos meal plan is compulsory?

and yes, as he mentioned, you need to subscribe to compulsory meal plans. 125/week of stay, fully airconditioned rooms. in my opinion, i think it's pretty worth while since it costs 100/wk for non aircon rooms in pgpr/kf/rvr/halls. the meal plans might be a little more expensive than what you will pay for the meal plans in halls but they offer a greater variety supposedly.

information you need can be obtained from a click away.

http://nus.edu.sg/osa/has/undergraduate/hostel-rates

---

Dignity is a facade we wear to hide our ignorance.

Guest zach.c84

That is true, but it is an important stepping stone to your future.

While some may have thrive despite not having "sufficient" credentials, it is not an easy path to trod. Not many have succeeded.

That aside, it all depends on how one desires to live his life.

Affluence isn't everything, but a stable job & income is important, at least in a metropolitan society like ours.

No harm doing what you can to achieve a better CAP. After all, you've got nothing much to do presently.

My 2 cents worth. Haha!

CAP score's forever, but it doesnt determine your "forever". cliche.