Male HQ

All About The Haze (Compiled)

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

On tv, it's reflected on top left corner as 282 (at the moment)

321 or 282 doesn't make much difference to me. The air feels just as bad.

Guest Guest

Can somebody recommend what's the best air purifier? Can share your experience because i'm going to buy first thing in the morning. Can't be choking to death in my own house.

Minority companies most of those palm plantation provide material[palm oil] to make product like palmolive soap.it is possible to prevent this by placing prohibitive tax on products that use palm oil if this continue.

basically no profit = no burning

No more cheap Dove soaps.... : (

Guest Guest

what are some of the discomfort you guys faced?

nothing for me at all but i have a slight headache. not sure is it bcos of the haze?

Guest Guest

If you have ever backpacked in India, and have been to some of the most polluted places, or survived through the sandstorms in the Sahara, actually this is really nothing

If this is really nothing then why call it hazardous with PSI 321?!! We are all very very annoyed with this haze and the least u could do is shut ur big mouth!

Guest Guest

what are some of the discomfort you guys faced?

nothing for me at all but i have a slight headache. not sure is it bcos of the haze?

eyes discomfort, throat discomfort, headache, can't focus, lousy mood ... and i'm supposed to be young and healthy.

wonder how many people will get cancer in future from breathing this smoke?

If this is really nothing then why call it hazardous with PSI 321?!! We are all very very annoyed with this haze and the least u could do is shut ur big mouth!

People live in certain very polluted places and countries, with all kinds of things in the air, are unaffected  and hardly complain. It only happens here once awhile and you are complaining so much.

What to do?

It is Weaklings like you who can't seems to handle a thing, complain so much about others with that 10ft long mouth of yours

Your tiny little Brain haven't seen much of the other side of the world yet hor?

Edited by TheVisitors

Guest Guest

This persistent annual haze from indo is becoming like a subtle form of chemical warfare. We are made helpless and can only breathe in the toxin while they light more fires.

Guest Guest

If you have ever backpacked in India, and have been to some of the most polluted places, or survived through the sandstorms in the Sahara, actually this is really nothing

If u r backpacking and holidaying and u choose those polluted places to enjoy ur holiday that's ur business. But we are experiencing something here that's very different from ur idea of a holiday. So pls be more sensitive to those of us here who don't think that the haze is 'really nothing'.

Guest Guest

I think this thread is for those of us who think that the haze is an issue and not for those who think it's really nothing. If you think it's really nothing then don't post here. There's really nothing for you to post about the haze because it's really nothing to you.

Guest Guest

People live in certain very polluted places and countries, with all kinds of things in the air, are unaffected  and hardly complain. It only happens here once awhile and you are complaining so much.

What to do?

It is Weaklings like you who can't seems to handle a thing, complain so much about others with that 10ft long mouth of yours

Your tiny little Brain haven't seen much of the other side of the world yet hor?

I don't think you mean anything bad. But please be more sensitive. Even if it's nothing to you, hope you understand that some of us have old folks and young children at home, and some of us have asthma and other conditions, and this haze is very distressing to us. And like someone said, you can choose your holiday location, but this haze is not a holiday for us. We are forced to breathe in all the toxic smoke, we didn't choose that.

Guest Guest

yea TV, we know you indirectly want to let us know how great you are, how you can take suffering and how much you have travelled etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc .......but this is an avenue for people to rant about the haze. if you are strong enough and it doesnt affect you, then dun comment. why comment and put others down, how does it benefit you? :yuk:

Guest Guest

The PSI now is 128 but still looks very hazy and have smoke smell, this time round the haze is especially bad as in prior years, at least that last five years, it has not really exceeded 100, now instead we are hoping it will not exceed 300 points, perhaps Singapore will now be infamous with tourists for being a hazy country and though rich, cannot do anything to stop it, I hope the authorities are taking good care of workers who needs to work outdoors and animals in zoos and night safari are well looked after

The haze condition getting from bad to worse, with index hitting around 350 last nite. My eyes are itchy and my nose run non stop even though I hide myself in my air cond room. Guess I have to fly off to somewhere at time being. Can't tahan la!

Good excuse for a short vacation :D

Instagram: vodkabaker

Guest guest

I always trim my nostril hair, but now i better not or the dust particles will have easy access into my lungs :(

Btw, I have bkpacked in india before, n sri lanka too... dun remember it was so polluted as someone here has claimed

Guest Guest

I don't think its just 128, the haze looks thicker than yesterday morning... better to wear mask when going out..

Definitely must wear mask. Not interested to get lung cancer next time.

I always trim my nostril hair, but now i better not or the dust particles will have easy access into my lungs :(

Btw, I have bkpacked in india before, n sri lanka too... dun remember it was so polluted as someone here has claimed

was at Bombay last year and it was just as bad at night.

Guest Guest

yes looks worse than yesterday morning. i'm sure the PSI will go up again through the day like yesterday. we should update the PSI reading regularly here for everybody's sake. i can't get to the NEA website just now. Must be many people also checking.

Guest Raiden Alpha

You breath in less of the smoke thus less irritation to your lung and eyes. That's the main reason why they advise us to stay indoor as much as possible during this period.

Guest Hello Haze

can someone enlighten me, how does staying indoors help with this haze problem?!

That is because the haze cannot travel through your windows, doors and any other openings once you are indoors. HDB homes are built with special protection for haze you don't know?  :blink:  :blink:  :blink:

Guest Guest

You breath in less of the smoke thus less irritation to your lung and eyes. That's the main reason why they advise us to stay indoor as much as possible during this period.

Sorry i also dun understand. If my house no aircon, i have to open the windows. The smoke still come in wah .. how come will breathe in less smoke? Actually im already staying indoors but still feel terrrible. Throat scratchy and dry, eyes burning. No mood to do anything except pray for rain to come.

Guest Guest

Now 198 ... at the rate it's going, we should break another record tonight. :(

BTW, is it true that pharmacies have run out of masks? Don't want to make a wasted trip there if there's no more masks left on the shelves.

Do we need NEA or the govt to mother? Looks like some in HWZ want that. We all have eyes to see and nose to smell, do we need nea to tell us to take precaution before you take some precaution? Some even say that nea is "censoring"!!

http://www.nea.gov.sg/psi/

PSI data is posted hourly at the abv link.

We don't and honestly, nobody is that dumb to continue sitting in the open simply because NEA's figures says it's ok.

But they ARE a govn't agency and being accurate IS part of their responsibility. We have the right to question their methods when it runs counter to what the people experience on the ground. After all, we look to them as the official source of info amidst all the deluge of alternative news sources. Isn't that what they expect us to do?

So i was like, soo afraid to go to sleep last night, cos i was like, there might be a chance that i might not make it till the next morning, cos like, people die in their sleep or something right, inhaling too much toxic gas or something.

Edited by imchaser

Volunteering for the underwear association for third world countries. Please donate your used underwear to me.

• Guest locked this topic