Male HQ

Jazz Music

henryt1

U can back up by finding them online n download into ur collections. A lot of old stuff can b found in virtual world now.

I still have cassettes and laser discs of concerts... but no more players anymore. heheh I wish I have backed them up. Now they are just dust collectibles heh

Nah not all can be found and not all are free.

I also have tons of series of tv shows, comedy sitcom shows and standup comedies tapings ..etc.  Many are hard to get or will cost me too much money to get them all back

Edited by upshot

** Comments are my opinions, same as yours. It's not a 'Be-All-and-End-All' view. Intent's to thought-provoke, validate, reiterate and yes, even correct. Opinion to consider but agree to disagree. I don't enjoy conflicted exchanges, empty bravado or egoistical chest pounding. It's never personal, tribalistic or with malice. Frank by nature, means, I never bend the truth. Views are to broaden understanding - Updated: Nov 2021.

U like comdedies too. So u must hav gd sense of humour.

Nah not all can be found and not all are free.

I also have tons of series of tv shows, comedy sitcom shows and standup comedies tapings ..etc. Many are hard to get or will cost me too much money to get them all back

U like comdedies too. So u must hav gd sense of humour.

I have a finely tuned sense of western humor yes but to say I can tell jokes... that would be a big fat bullshit heheheh.....

All the old masters like George Carlin, Dave Chapelle, Eddie Murphy, Richard Pryor, Bod Hope, Robin Williams, Stevel Martin...etc to the more contemporary comedians like Joe Rogan, Jimmy Carr, Chris Titus, Patrice O'neal, Louis CK, Bill Burr, Peter Russell ..etc. way too many to mention each like jazz has their own style and topic.

No forgetting all the TV shows like Cheers, Happy days, Seinfeld, Fraser..etc. The only weird thing about that is.. I recorded them all on audio tapes and I listen to all of them like music and when i go to sleep. I never sleep without listening to a comedy tape or show on TV. I can not sleep silence since young and not to music. It has to be some comedy show or some documentary. Think it help me remember and get more facts into my head heh. Try listening to an episode of Friends... and do this at least 10 times for each show the entire season. And then the other shows audios of other shows too.

From listening to the dialogue I rebuild the images in my head.... in a way it all works for me the same in music like jazz which has all the emotional tone and textures that comes from the music and then I get some kind of visual effect n my head. Thus jazz is about the most stimulating of all the various kinds of music style.

Edited by upshot

** Comments are my opinions, same as yours. It's not a 'Be-All-and-End-All' view. Intent's to thought-provoke, validate, reiterate and yes, even correct. Opinion to consider but agree to disagree. I don't enjoy conflicted exchanges, empty bravado or egoistical chest pounding. It's never personal, tribalistic or with malice. Frank by nature, means, I never bend the truth. Views are to broaden understanding - Updated: Nov 2021.

Another version of the same song C Jam Blues...

Sammy Davis Jr lending a hand....

If you are a big an of drum solos... you will have goosebumps like I do each time I play this video...

The King of Drumming Buddy Rich and  Eric Fischer dueling it up...  The first set they did are of the same arrangement. See how they both are totally in syn to each other. This was in 1948. YOu cna hear so much of their influence in all the music played today. And they did this back then and without computers. And in suits!

Edited by upshot

The Great Thelonious Monk ....

Etta Jones.... she is less known in the jazz circle during her time but she does have a chops down especially the slow ballads.

For female white jazz singer, you have to give it up to Peggy Lee. This is one of her signature tune.. Fever.

The distinct singing style of Bill Withers.

This song was also featured in the now classic Romantic Movie Notting Hills Starring Hugh Grant and Julia Roberts and a great cast of actors and actresses. Not sure if you have seen it but for me, I have seen this movie at least 30 times.. heheheh.. it is not that I am a sappy love sick puppy.. but it just is an interesting movie with a lot of smaller stories all packed into one. Each time I heard this song, it will take me back.

One of life's great moment.. two favorites of mine one modern blue rock ( among other style ) and the other a grand jazz master .. talk guitar styles. Damn.   Joe Bonamassa & George Benson. I can go jerk off now...

Edited by upshot

George Beson doing Stevie Wonders beauty haunting tune.. Lately

More bluesy rock then jazz but I have to make an exception to introduce to those who never heard of him, you should give him a listen. For a modern day musician, he is rare and talented, Just give him a guitar.. acoustic or electric or something peculiar.. he will play the shit out of it.

Edited by upshot

For female white jazz singer, you have to give it up to Peggy Lee. This is one of her signature tune.. Fever.

i luv this song.  i always sway to it.  i'm feeling fever.   :)

Edited by henryt1

Sam Cooke... Sumemertime.

Ella Fitzgerald  ... Summertime

Nat King Cole ... Blue Moon

Ella Fitzgerald - Louis Armstrong "Dream a Little Dream of me"

On the theme of old classic Jazz music .. can't help but brings to mine singing stars of old who also are great dancers like one of my favorite here.. Gene Kelly.

He makes dancing so much better back then that it is almost insulting to see what the younger generation can do which is shitty at best.

Edited by upshot

can't let this go without the classic " Singing in the rain" dance Sequence from Mr Kelly.....

Edited by upshot

This was one of the first few albums from George Benson my day passed on to me and I think this was one of his best work and timeless.  Nature Boy.

That's the same guitar I have. Just wish I could have done justice for it heheheh... But only legends like him can wield it so well. ... that's the Emperor - Joe Pass Guitar from Gibson Epiphone. He remove the front plate it seen for some reason.

Edited by upshot

Smooth jazz sax and a rolling guitar....

Almost forgot about her...one of the more contemporary female singers with a unique style

heard this song at a lecture i attended today n i remembered upshot shared it with me before.  really luv it n d voice of nina simone.  And I'm feeling good....

Edited by henryt1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Thanks for the great trip down memory lane with those awesome music clips guys!!

It sounded good after I hooked up my laptop to my Hi-Fi last night....sweet sounds of Jazz. 

I wish I had backed up all my vintage LD's and Betamax concerts...

• 2 weeks later...
On 5 September 2016 at 1:12 PM, mike_amk said:

Thanks for the great trip down memory lane with those awesome music clips guys!!

It sounded good after I hooked up my laptop to my Hi-Fi last night....sweet sounds of Jazz. 

I wish I had backed up all my vintage LD's and Betamax concerts...

Yes, thank u guys for sharing.  Awesome!

I love this thread on JAZZ Music.

I've been thinking of having a evening of jazz music once I've gotten my Hi-Fi System

set up properly...but sadly, the movers banged up my Turntable when I moved to a new 

place, now I'm having a hard time looking for someone to repair it.

It'd be really nice to have some of you Jazz lovers over, and bring along your favourite LP's

that we could listen to.

Cheers, Mike   :) 

• 2 weeks later...