Male HQ

Top or bots- leaders?

Morphind

Guest 72%dark

Being a (gay male) top or bottom is merely to have a preference to be the insertive or receptive partner in (anal) sex, a preference that can be based largely on physical sensations rather than anything else; e.g. some people can't bottom because they find it too painful; some people can't top because they don't find it as pleasurable. A preferred role doesn't necessarily coincide with other traits like being domineering, assertive, confident, driven, or submissive, timid, etc – which is probably what you have in mind when you try to draw a correlation with an aptitude for leadership. 

In any case, even when a person’s role in anal intercourse coincides with the stereotyped power/control traits, we’re still just talking about sex, and none of this behavior necessarily carries over to other areas of life. For example, in the BDSM community, there are apparently people who enjoy the submissive role though they occupy high-powered positions in their working lives; perhaps for them, this role reversal is a kind of release.

Finally, it's worth noting that truly good leadership requires a far broader range of skills (foresight, sound judgment, empathy, charisma, etc etc) than assertiveness and whatever else tops/bottoms are stereotyped to be like.

14 hours ago, 72%dark said:

Being a (gay male) top or bottom is merely to have a preference to be the insertive or receptive partner in (anal) sex, a preference that can be based largely on physical sensations rather than anything else; e.g. some people can't bottom because they find it too painful; some people can't top because they don't find it as pleasurable. A preferred role doesn't necessarily coincide with other traits like being domineering, assertive, confident, driven, or submissive, timid, etc – which is probably what you have in mind when you try to draw a correlation with an aptitude for leadership. 

In any case, even when a person’s role in anal intercourse coincides with the stereotyped power/control traits, we’re still just talking about sex, and none of this behavior necessarily carries over to other areas of life. For example, in the BDSM community, there are apparently people who enjoy the submissive role though they occupy high-powered positions in their working lives; perhaps for them, this role reversal is a kind of release.

Finally, it's worth noting that truly good leadership requires a far broader range of skills (foresight, sound judgment, empathy, charisma, etc etc) than assertiveness and whatever else tops/bottoms are stereotyped to be like.

Nicely written !! I wanted to understand how the submissive characteristics during sex have effect on persons real life and does it really affects the way they project on the  ir leadership roles or management charateristics. Does Submissive lack the ability to show strong hand when a person tries to dominate. I thought the people here should be able to match the details based on their day to day life.

Guest 72%dark
5 hours ago, Morphind said:

Nicely written !! I wanted to understand how the submissive characteristics during sex have effect on persons real life and does it really affects the way they project on the  ir leadership roles or management charateristics. Does Submissive lack the ability to show strong hand when a person tries to dominate. I thought the people here should be able to match the details based on their day to day life.

Oh ok, I see what you're after. Well, if it helps I can give myself as a real-life example. During sex, most of the time I prefer to be a sub bottom. But in others areas of life, I'm generally not a pushover. I've held leadership roles. During my NSF days I apparently had a reputation among trainees for being very fierce. At work I've held managerial roles and I believe my subordinates did look up to me. So I don't think sexual role and assertiveness in other areas correlate in my case.

Guest 72%dark
4 hours ago, Glyph said:

I couldn't tell, at all.

Haha, well, you weren’t my trainee in the SAF, nor have you seen me under any remotely similar circumstances.