Male HQ

Attached vs Single

azimuth

I am attached for several years. We both have our free times to do our own things without informing each other. At the end of the day we come back to each other. It is the trust that keep us sane. He has his own pool of friends and mine too. Staying attached gives us the sense of belonging, wanted , vulnerabilities and much love. Sex with love and respect brings us to a different level in life where singles may not understand or even enjoy.

Guest sad & lonely

I have been single for 34 years since graduating uni and living alone for 28 of those years. At first it feels good - so free, do what I like. But see my own gay friends grow attach and meeting them as couples make me wish I can find my own man to be with.

2 hours ago, Guest sad & lonely said:

I have been single for 34 years since graduating uni and living alone for 28 of those years. At first it feels good - so free, do what I like. But see my own gay friends grow attach and meeting them as couples make me wish I can find my own man to be with.

Being attached is a privilege. Still, the less privileged find other ways to keep going - children, pets, activities, hobbies, work etc.

Image00109.jpg

I'm always running after you.

You are my ideal.

You are me.

When there is attached, there will also be detached, every beginning has an end. When the end comes, pains also come.

Still prefer open relationship. Come and stay over, have dinner and sex, as and when convenient to both. It is so much less stressful.

When I was single, and dated through several relationships, and back to being single, I've always felt that being single gives a freedom that would be lost whenever I started a new relationship.  Going through five short relationships (1-2 years) over the decades had made me somewhat cynical.  Then I met my current partner.  Our initial two years were rocky, a lot of learning and relearning of ourselves.  We were of different generations, a full 18 years apart in age, and of different intellectual/educational backgrounds.  Disagreements and lovers' tiffs we had our share (and probably will still have), but that is what brings us closer.  That I am a person who values my "independence" and my Me space is not a factor that might help.

Last week we quietly celebrated our anniversary, and a week prior to that, outed to my closest circle of friends.  In a couple of months' we'll be going for our second overseas trip together, and this time to a much more romantic spot on earth, one of my favourites!  We only meet up on weekends as we have our jobs, sometimes less often when I have to work weekends.  When we meet up, its a simple meal together, whether home-cooked or dine out.  Its just the presences of the other nearby in the same, it doesn't matter that he is surfing shopping sites and I'm tweaking photos, it doesn't matter that he is watching crime dramas and I'm napping, that we are near each other it all that matters.  He follows me to feed the community strays, I follow him to our friend's home so that he can play with their foster cats.  Outside of that, we each have our own lives - he goes to church, visits his work friends, while I go movies with my good friends.  Physically, we are neither's exact stereotypical type (hunk/chub/bear/twink/etc), and we both admire our respective types still.  And we still maintain friendship ties with several of our fetish-community friends.  

What I am trying to point out is that there does not need to be a sacrifice of mutually exclusive magnitudes.  A couple we are, but we still live our own individual lives, happily.  But together, we are better, brighter and more complete.

Instagram @the_meowprince

5 hours ago, MeowPrince said:

What I am trying to point out is that there does not need to be a sacrifice of mutually exclusive magnitudes.  A couple we are, but we still live our own individual lives, happily.  But together, we are better, brighter and more complete.

I do agree with this. The more we sometimes try to compromise the other half, the more the frustration may build within.

Generally, Human is not made to be alone. Most of us have the capacity to love and to accept love from others. 

Given a choice, I would opt to be attached than to be single. 

The sad thing is we will eventually be alone when our better half go before us. 

2 hours ago, azimuth said:

I do agree with this. The more we sometimes try to compromise the other half, the more the frustration may build within.

Sorry, but you may have misunderstood me there.  I wasn't implying any compromise or an absence of it.  In my case (and a few couples I got to know), it is both sides making a little effort to reach each other.  When you love enough to do so, it isn't a compromise any more.  

Instagram @the_meowprince

2 hours ago, MeowPrince said:

Sorry, but you may have misunderstood me there.  I wasn't implying any compromise or an absence of it.  In my case (and a few couples I got to know), it is both sides making a little effort to reach each other.  When you love enough to do so, it isn't a compromise any more.  

i do agree fully. For the past 12 years of my wonderful relationship, the element of compromise seems to be absence. We blend well into each other psyche. Though at times there are frictions we never allow such petty issues to germinate into frustrations. At times some differences in opinions and wants seem to strengthen our relationship further. I believed when you love someone things all these minor idiosyncrasies will tend to solve by themselves. We behaved like mature adults and not into unnecessary tantrums. It makes us beautiful to be together even though we are about 15 years in age gap.

On ‎2‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 10:50 PM, Guest said:

i do agree fully. For the past 12 years of my wonderful relationship, the element of compromise seems to be absence. We blend well into each other psyche. Though at times there are frictions we never allow such petty issues to germinate into frustrations. At times some differences in opinions and wants seem to strengthen our relationship further. I believed when you love someone things all these minor idiosyncrasies will tend to solve by themselves. We behaved like mature adults and not into unnecessary tantrums. It makes us beautiful to be together even though we are about 15 years in age gap.

Nice to hear that.  It simply means that both of you are very similar in character and demeanour.  It's remarkable to hear the element of compromise is absence in a relationship.  Perfect tango.

Edited by teatree

15 minutes ago, Guest said:

I have been attached twice but always feeling like a beggar , having to beg the other party to spend some time with me ! 

This is too lopsided and a tortured relationship.   It means he placed you on a lower priority over his work, friends and family.

• Guest locked this topic