Male HQ

Everything on Personal Trainer/Training (compiled)

p2468

50 minutes ago, ahp0ng said:

or you can just go to the gym and sign up gym membership with PT sessions. 
Tell them your budget on PT session, and see if they can try to fit your budget. :)

Erm...not many gyms will tailor to your budget. The cost per PT session would be put upfront, and doubt the price is negotiable. Its unlike freelancers where they have nothing much to lose. People who sell PT sessions at the gym would earn part of the profit generated, and that cost is not set by them but the management.

28 minutes ago, xydboy said:

Erm...not many gyms will tailor to your budget. The cost per PT session would be put upfront, and doubt the price is negotiable. Its unlike freelancers where they have nothing much to lose. People who sell PT sessions at the gym would earn part of the profit generated, and that cost is not set by them but the management.

I agree with @ahp0ng and @xydboy, both has its points.

1) Depends on the PT who maybe a freelancer or someone working in the gym. Sometimes they can bend the rules a little if they want the biz and they want to do what they can to secure the biz.

There are also the fitness books or online videos you can search for. But ultimately, is what kind of body type you want and also ur body shape that determines which direction to go from there. There also are some guys in the forum who are freelance PT Trainers. Maybe can look ard and ask them for some simple advice or take up a few sessions with them.

Life is like a river flowing into the sea, Love Life.

Love, Joy and Peace.

1 hour ago, jdu said:

1) Depends on the PT who maybe a freelancer or someone working in the gym. Sometimes they can bend the rules a little if they want the biz and they want to do what they can to secure the biz.

There are also the fitness books or online videos you can search for. But ultimately, is what kind of body type you want and also ur body shape that determines which direction to go from there. There also are some guys in the forum who are freelance PT Trainers. Maybe can look ard and ask them for some simple advice or take up a few sessions with them.

If they are a freelancer, yes they would be able to bend the rules. If they are working in the gym and they bend the rules, it says a lot about the policies that the gym have and how much they "mark up" to allow people to charge cheaper. Just saying...

On 06/03/2016 at 10:44 PM, jdu said:

Fitnees books and videos doesn't work on me cos I am lazy. Need motivation... Lol

If I am not mistaken, PT fees in commercial gyms depend on 'seniority' as well. Newbie trainers are cheaper than veterans of course. I got newbie trainer at Cali before (about two years ago), the rate was around $70 per 1hr session, excluding GST.

Edited by hunkchaser

5 hours ago, hunkchaser said:

If I am not mistaken, PT fees in commercial gyms depend on 'seniority' as well. Newbie trainers are cheaper than veterans of course. I got newbie trainer at Cali before (about two years ago), the rate was around $70 per 1hr session, excluding GST.

Its the same for freelancers too. With experience/qualification, the rates tend to be higher.

A lot of freelancers out there now. As young as 17 years old (with a body to die for) LOL 

Some freelancer quoted a high price to my friend just because the PT has a huge following on Instagram. And he is not even done with school yet. Tsk tsk 

15 hours ago, CamperBoy said:

A lot of freelancers out there now. As young as 17 years old (with a body to die for) LOL 

Some freelancer quoted a high price to my friend just because the PT has a huge following on Instagram. And he is not even done with school yet. Tsk tsk 

Yes exactly..haha, sometimes I would act blur and check out how much these people quotes while testing their knowledge =p

Guest Novice

Yeah it is nice to hire a PT, form is so important to ensure u are squeezing the right muscle group when working out. My pt would always touch my muscles when I am working out to ensure I am activing them ..  Mind muscle coordination is tough and it is good if you can find a PT that knows how to help u achieve that. If not, good luck.. May the muscle God bless you with gainz.

13 hours ago, heliumduck said:

im actually jealous of my friend's PT HAHAHA

sometime i think its bad to have my IG idol as my PT, how to maintain throughout the training session right? :swear:

Sometimes I think it is not a bad form of motivation. You wouldn't want to appear weak in front of your idol right? Lift heavy and push the reps! Lol.

Depnds what motivates you in the gym or during PT session. Just be yourself.

Life is like a river flowing into the sea, Love Life.

Love, Joy and Peace.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/1/2016 at 8:24 AM, p2468 said:

Thanks for all the feedback.

I actually wanted to build up my chest. 

Guys looks sexy on T shirts with built chest.

Of course another reason is make it more suckable. Lol

After u get big enough chest, go buy those compression tee shirt like Under Armour brand and purposely wear small size to show off. You will feel happy if u able to make others jealous of u :P

1 hour ago, yoyo74 said:

After u get big enough chest, go buy those compression tee shirt like Under Armour brand and purposely wear small size to show off. You will feel happy if u able to make others jealous of u :P

plus abs...have seen those people with big tummy in compression tee....jaw dropping moments

3 hours ago, xydboy said:

plus abs...have seen those people with big tummy in compression tee....jaw dropping moments

Ya i agree also as i have try the compression t shirt b4. All parts of the body curve is fully visible in the compression shirt including all abs muscles. All your strength and weakness of your body fully shown. Looks like naked with paint on the body wearing them lol. Need to have the guts to show off to wear any of them.

On 2016年3月9日 at 9:18 PM, ahp0ng said:

just save up for a couple of months before you start off your PT program then continue to save while having your PT sessions.
sometimes it's really about the quality you want. So i rather save up to get a good PT than get a cheaper inexperience trainer. 

Agree fully. At 17, most likely don't have those sports science or anatomy degree/diploma, which is very important to help make gains quickly and avoid injury. They are also likely to train you like they train themselves - good for you if you are also a spring chicken but if you are uncle or past 30, your recovery pattern is totally unlike teens and tweens - these guys are like Wolverine.

• 3 months later...
On 24 July, 2016 at 11:02 PM, FunMate2008 said:

Look for trainers who run their own boutique gym.  They are more committed. 

Hey

do u know of these trainers with their own gym?

can recommend?

any idea what r the charges like?

lastly, I'd prefer gay pt, r they?

• 3 months later...
On 4/3/2016 at 4:38 PM, yoyo74 said:

i have big man boob. When i have fun with guys, they like to squeeze it hard.

• 1 month later...

There are many gyms out there that offers PT, some can range from $60 to $90 per session, depending on the number of sessions you buy at one go. There are also a few freelance trainers here at bw as well, the rate will depend on their experience and credentials. check out the services subforum 

• 1 month later...

I just signed up under Fitness First, and also the signature kickstart 6 sessions. may I know any recommended PT from FF and which branch? don't like hard-seller, prefers motivating and flexible trainer that can customise to your body condition and goals.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/3/2017 at 5:19 PM, TYRtan said:

I just signed up under Fitness First, and also the signature kickstart 6 sessions. may I know any recommended PT from FF and which branch? don't like hard-seller, prefers motivating and flexible trainer that can customise to your body condition and goals.

that is to teach you how to start the fitness journey. they don't hard sell

• 1 month later...

Heya all,

I am morbidly obese and decided that I should really start a healthy lifestyle pronto! I have signed up for a gym membership at Energyone SAFRA and am wondering whether it will be good to get a personal trainer from the gym itself to help guide me on my road to a healthier me. OR is there anyone here who already is a member at Energyone SAFRA and is willing to provide me with some personal training in weight loss. Would appreciate the help! :)

Not sure if its appropriate for the person who is a member to train someone else at the gym. Under the rules and regulations, it should have stated on this point. If caught, it could ruined both his and your membership. Best if you could get the personal trainer from the gym itself. Firstly, you know what you are paying for, everything is black and white. The trainer at the gym is also qualified. So you can be rest assured that you receive whatever you are paying for.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • G_M changed the title to Looking for a personal trainer (compiled)
  • kalel changed the title to Everything on Personal Trainer/Training (compiled)
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.