Male HQ

Finding Love as a Gay Man in Singapore

dreamerboy

• 1 month later...

so tl;dr = fell in love with the idea of love, got burned and become jaded. still end up confused about what real r/s is like. 

Did i get that right?

edit: Oh, it's written by Roy Ngerng, hahaha.

Edited by EasleyLim

Thanks for sharing.. love his perspective (don't really care if he's Roy Ngerng or Lee Hsieh Long) of observation of the gay culture and behavior of gay men in Sg. 

Very refreshing and insightful of how social media now hyper highlights this weaknesses among us.

We warp these bubbles around ourselves and make ourselves believe that the notion of love is validated by acceptance of a higher class/social status. 

At the end of the day, relationships are so much more to that than just physically sleeping with a good looking, hot bod boyfriend.

There's the commitment, constant communication, compromising and of course chemistry that needs constant attention to keep the spark alive.

I've only read 3/4 of part 1, but I cannot agree more of how unaware so many folks are towards being in a relationship but yet dying to jump into one. 

Sometimes when you think about it, it's actually much simpler being single (other than battling the fear of loneliness) with all the freedom and boundlessness that comes with it.

Just as Rupaul says, "If you can't love yourself, how the hell can you love somebody else?!"

tumblr_m6i5n25CGw1rotbq4o1_500.gif

• Guest locked this topic