Male HQ

Poor oral hygiene!

Guest Turnoff

1 hour ago, Steve5380 said:

I had never heard of oil pulling, until some months ago my friend went to the dentist for a cavity, which the dentist determined was too deep to fix, and the tooth had to be pulled. Feeling sorry for my friend, the dentist's assistant told him that he should try to brush with coconut oil.  Strange?  I searched on the Internet and read about it.  Instead of having his tooth pulled my friend started to brush with this oil, and he liked it.  Next I started too, and finally got the habit after brushing with my electric brush (to expose more of the gum line) before taking each day a sip of coconut oil (here this oil is liquid at higher room temperature) and swish it in my mouth before spiting it out in the trash.  The cost of the oil is insignificant compared to the cost of a visit to the dentist. 

Even if only 10% of all the good things one hears abut this oil pulling is true,  I think it is worth doing it.  It doesn't take much effort, and it feels good.

I heard about it all along, now I know the name is called "oil pulling"

Tks for all the useful info

Oral hygiene has to do alot with technique as well actually. If you gag alot, try to start from the tip of your toungue and slowly move back as far as you are comfortable. And alot of people don't breathe when they scrape their tongue, thats why end up gagging.

• 4 weeks later...

In many cases, people have bad breath because they are not self-conscious, and they simply do not think about keeping fresh breath all the time. They simply brush their teeth in the morning, and maybe at night, and that is it. For some reason, it never occurs to them to brush after lunch or dinner, or at the very least to rinse out their mouth with mouthwash or even water. You can chalk this up to thoughtlessness.

The best solution is probably a hard-hitting oral hygiene advertising campaign. Don't deny the problem. Tackle it head on. We don't want to be like the PRC, where about 95% of the people I interact with during business trips and related engagements spew some of the most disgusting smells known to humanity out of their mouths, and yet their whole country's response is to ignore the problem. I dread those trips.

8 hours ago, Guest Sage said:

In many cases, people have bad breath because they are not self-conscious, and they simply do not think about keeping fresh breath all the time. They simply brush their teeth in the morning, and maybe at night, and that is it. For some reason, it never occurs to them to brush after lunch or dinner, or at the very least to rinse out their mouth with mouthwash or even water. You can chalk this up to thoughtlessness.

The best solution is probably a hard-hitting oral hygiene advertising campaign. Don't deny the problem. Tackle it head on. We don't want to be like the PRC, where about 95% of the people I interact with during business trips and related engagements spew some of the most disgusting smells known to humanity out of their mouths, and yet their whole country's response is to ignore the problem. I dread those trips.

I am sure there is a queue in line to take over your place for "those trips"....:-)

14 hours ago, Guest abc said:

I am sure there is a queue in line to take over your place for "those trips"....:-)

They better have a big supply of face masks if that is the case.

7 minutes ago, Guest Sage said:

They better have a big supply of face masks if that is the case.

Some people are actually (or appear to be) impervious to bad breaths. Not sure if they have a lousy sense of smell or what.

Instagram: vodkabaker

On July 21, 2016 at 1:47 AM, Blacque said:

Some people are actually (or appear to be) impervious to bad breaths. Not sure if they have a lousy sense of smell or what.

Most smokers have a lousy sense of smell. Since about 90% of the men, and close to 50% of the women in China smoke, maybe that could explain why they have no motivation to brush, gargle, etc.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Guest locked this topic