Male HQ

How to stop strange and uncalled for encounters with Aunties?

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

Today i entountered a strange incident...i was enjoying my wonton mee and out of the blue got this aunty ask me 'wonton mee nice or not'? I was much taken aback. This is not the first time this happen to me, i wonder what did I do that I deserve such encounters.

I thought maybe it is the way i dress...life is already so stressful living in singapore! I have enough as i just want to live in peace. I do not deserve what that aunty did to me. It breaks me inside but i press on and get my feet back on the ground.

Guys, i need advise on how to stop such strange and uncalled for encounters!

Guest Guest
7 minutes ago, Guest Ohmygoat said:

What do u mean by the way of your dress? 

I dress with authority...neatly pressed biz shirt and pants with tie. Neat hair and polished shoes. 

Thats why maybe people invade my space.

Guest guest

maybe she thought u from NEA dept or some competitors there  to  test  their wonton  mee standard. Just get a life and move on.

Like you have said, life is pretty stressful. Maybe you look friendly & that is why they ask for your comments.

How about being a bit gracious to give a smile & just give a one/two words of feedback? That will make our environment a nicer & less stressful place to live in. 

Guest Guest
10 minutes ago, robin said:

Like you have said, life is pretty stressful. Maybe you look friendly & that is why they ask for your comments.

How about being a bit gracious to give a smile & just give a one/two words of feedback? That will make our environment a nicer & less stressful place to live in. 

I have the aura that radiates....i dont know why..it is not my fault.

If smile, it will attract more attetion. If fracious that aunty sure will talk more...so i pretend i did not hear and continue to eat my mee. She can go disturb other people.

Guest Local boy
28 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

If smile, it will attract more attetion. If fracious that aunty sure will talk more...so i pretend i did not hear and continue to eat my mee. She can go disturb other people.

You must be leng zai and auntie being auntie if she is straight, just horny. No need to entertain her if you don't feel like to. Next time wear a scowl whenever she is around. It's her husband or bf's job to humour and entertain her, not yours. 

Robin must be relying a lot on aunties' goodwill for something, ignore him.

Our society is not uniformly gracious. Don't have to be if you don't feel comfortable doing so to intruding strangers. This is not western country or kampong, don't have to be that smiley to strangers whom u do not detect the same frequency. Unless you are trying to sell things, people will think you are pervert or crazy here if you are effusively joyful in seeing another human whom you do not know. This is a cramped city, not alaska. It is a norm here to be sour faced towards strangers, unless maybe if you are on tv. Know your facts.

I often have worse! Or maybe urs is a prelude to wat I would encounter.

Many aunties would often try to initiate conversation with me and upon realizing I'm single, will try to find out what work I do, what type of housing I live in and what kind of car I drive, crazy ones ask directly how much money I earn a month and proceed to ask interested to meet their daughters, nieces or friends' daughters!

Has happened when I brought my father to polyclinic, when I go hardware store to buy batteries, when I go supermarket, when I attend religious functions and even when waiting for lift with nosy neighbors etc!

It's true I also try not to look as friendly and try to avoid eye contact, but it's like there's a f**king sign above my head that aunties can see that says "I'm an approachable & helpful person". What I do most often now is I call them out when they begin to ask the above mentioned questions. I would immediately say "Why u asking this kind of questions? I dunno u and dun feel comfortable answering these kind of questions". Many will by now be a bit embarrassed and stop. Persistent ones will get my "Stop. I'm not interested."

May be can consider saying "Aunty ur mouth and my mouth different leh, u buy and try lah then u know lor!" This shd be a conversation stopper.

Edited by Salt&Pepper

Guest Local boy

Reminds me when i used to be young and sunshine innocent, often when i boarded bus aunties behind me will push my backside with both palms. I always wondered why they were so kiasu and kanchiong? Now i got fiercer look, aunties don't try the stunt anymore.

Guest Guest
58 minutes ago, Salt&Pepper said:

I often have worse! Or maybe urs is a prelude to wat I would encounter.

Many aunties would often try to initiate conversation with me and upon realizing I'm single, will try to find out what work I do, what type of housing I live in and what kind of car I drive, crazy ones ask directly how much money I earn a month and proceed to ask interested to meet their daughters, nieces or friends' daughters!

Has happened when I brought my father to polyclinic, when I go hardware store to buy batteries, when I go supermarket, when I attend religious functions and even when waiting for lift with nosy neighbors etc!

It's true I also try not to look as friendly and try to avoid eye contact, but it's like there's a f**king sign above my head that aunties can see that says "I'm an approachable & helpful person". What I do most often now is I call them out when they begin to ask the above mentioned questions. I would immediately say "Why u asking this kind of questions? I dunno u and dun feel comfortable answering these kind of questions. Many will by now be a bit embarrassed and stop. Insistent ones will get my "Stop. I'm not interested."

May be can consider saying "Aunty ur mouth and my mouth different leh, u buy and try lah then u know lor!" This shd be a conversation stopper.

Agree ! All these aunties just want my manhood. They make me feel like a piece of meat. Sometimes i wish i am just like a normal guy with average looks. I do feel so stressed over this.

I think the policies set by the govt with its constant demands from society made life simply unbearable in singapore. I wish i can migrate to a society like australia. We are facing constant trainbreak downs...now i tell people we cannot rely on public transport to take us from point a to b. I tell my foreign friends that our mrt system is useless and with its constant breakdowns we cannot function our daily duties. Also taxi is so expensive to take. Daily food is also so expensive that we are the highest in the world! Healthcare, dont get me started. Education is always about results...everyone should b3 entitlee to a degree at least. Also our tax is sky high.. 

I cannot take it anymore!

calm down, don't so pek chek, you all got latent 師奶殺手 powers! Next time aunty ask just say not nice lor, then they will not have a chance to say anything liao haha

i hope after this thread will not have a spin off "Hello! Bak Chor Mee nice or not?" or "Mee rubus nice or not?" LOL

Guest HandsomeMan
2 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

I dress with authority...neatly pressed biz shirt and pants with tie. Neat hair and polished shoes. 

Thats why maybe people invade my space.

then u must be very hot , if im there i will do the same LOL haha

58 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

Agree ! All these aunties just want my manhood. They make me feel like a piece of meat. Sometimes i wish i am just like a normal guy with average looks. I do feel so stressed over this.

I think the policies set by the govt with its constant demands from society made life simply unbearable in singapore. I wish i can migrate to a society like australia. We are facing constant trainbreak downs...now i tell people we cannot rely on public transport to take us from point a to b. I tell my foreign friends that our mrt system is useless and with its constant breakdowns we cannot function our daily duties. Also taxi is so expensive to take. Daily food is also so expensive that we are the highest in the world! Healthcare, dont get me started. Education is always about results...everyone should b3 entitlee to a degree at least. Also our tax is sky high.. 

Bro, relax leh or must find ways to unwind. I agree that aunties here veri veri annoying, but u r too stressed by everything. It's true the cost and standard of living is not ideal and 99.8% of us cannot emigrate so we do best with what we have. Stress will always be there (trust me even the Aussies have it), it's how u deal with it constructively that is important.

Maybe try picking up Running, besides the health benefits, many friends and I find it de-stress us quickly. It really doesn't cost much to run regularly beside a good pair of running shoes. There is this trend where people track their running mileage and set milestones to achieve. A HK friend of mine is doing it and he's looking and feeling good!

Find ur constructive way to unwind and things will not feel so bleak. I wish u all the best!

Edited by Salt&Pepper

1 hour ago, Guest Guest said:

Do you have such luck with PLUs? If not, you should consider changing your orientation since your manhood ain't meat enough for the gay boys. At least the aunties can help you put it to good use 

---

Dignity is a facade we wear to hide our ignorance.

25 minutes ago, Guest Wonton mee lover said:

I dont think wonton mee have anything to do with this, :frustrated:

Sorry you came in to the wrong thread! Food section is on the blowingwind kitchen forum

Guest Guest

Aunty ask you 'wonton mee nice or not' and you start complaining about life is already so stressful living in Singapore?

If boss ask you how's your work, are you going to jumps out of some windows?

oh-jeez.gif~c200

Guest Wanton mee lover
1 hour ago, Guest Guest said:

Aunty ask you 'wonton mee nice or not' and you start complaining about life is already so stressful living in Singapore?

If boss ask you how's your work, are you going to jumps out of some windows?

oh-jeez.gif~c200

Naah, i bet if there a good looking hunk men ask him like that, he wont complain abit. Hes probably going to ask us whether the hunky men like him or etc etc lol. :whistle:

Guest Yes but
1 hour ago, immortal said:

i think some aunties just are being friendly. :/ or rather talkative. lol

...Not everyone want to talk to them!

Guest But is butt ok
1 hour ago, immortal said:

i think some aunties just are being friendly. :/ or rather talkative. lol

Being friendly is ok, but if ask about personal matter is a no no. When i say personal, thats include about my salary, my jobs, my status and etc. 

But even gays in saunas r so daring to ask abt occupation, status etc

worst to me is why did they even ask for my residence location? And the frequency of coming to saunas(& to make it worse, they lied that they come to saunas to rest once per mth; when i can easily recognise all regulars)

how is my area going to affect anything ? Eg u raised a relevant qn is cos u want to clarify and validate something eg pp living in pasir ris is handsome, so u need to knw where the person comes from?

whether one live at jur east or aljunied will have no impact

Guest Guest
5 hours ago, lovehandle said:

But even gays in saunas r so daring to ask abt occupation, status etc

worst to me is why did they even ask for my residence location? And the frequency of coming to saunas(& to make it worse, they lied that they come to saunas to rest once per mth; when i can easily recognise all regulars)

how is my area going to affect anything ? Eg u raised a relevant qn is cos u want to clarify and validate something eg pp living in pasir ris is handsome, so u need to knw where the person comes from?

whether one live at jur east or aljunied will have no impact

Did they ask just one of you, or all three of you?

(can all three of you like my question please ;))

Guest Crestiang diuuu
50 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

Did they ask just one of you, or all three of you?

(can all three of you like my question please ;))

Holy trinity! How dare you offend the god here!

• 8 months later...
  • G_M changed the title to How to stop strange and uncalled for encounters with Aunties?
On 7/12/2016 at 4:19 AM, Guest Guest said:

Your posts indeed reveal an aura of you, one that is selfish and ugly. 

Maybe aunties deserve a better treatment than what you give them.

• Guest locked this topic